Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,125 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos (51921 Views)

Border Closure: Customs Intercepts Rice Smugglers In A Bush (Photos) / Customs Intercepts Military Hardware, Bulletproof Cars Worth 1.2Bn At Ijebu-Ode / Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by realestniggah: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
FriendNG:

Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) has revealed that N68.9million frozen products smuggled through the airport due to the border closure policy of the Federal Government, has been seized.

Smuggled through the import doesn't exactly tell us if it was imported into the country or going out of the country.. The report is pretty vague. That a gray area.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by MusaDanladi1: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
victorian:
Government is doing something good by closing the border.

But my greatest concern, is our finished products in rice.

I bought Nigerian rice three days ago to cook jollof rice but alas it was stones I was eating in most dips. angry

I angrily threw away the pot of rice! It's very very annoying and the rice is so expensive compared to imported rice.

Who do us like this? angry

To eat Nigerian rice now dey fear me!

Government will come in to set things right. Nigerians in the farming sector will foolishly hike the price, even its glaring fertilizer is not that expensive. They will come up with rubbish products! Expect consumers to pay more and eat rubbish!

Abeg who made us this wicked and heartless?

And on Sunday, u see them rushing to church and mosques.

Smhhhhhhh

Next time after washing it, parboil it once cos the sand and stones will settle then wash it again and boil it again and voila you have fine rice to eat.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Londonboy123: 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
englishmart:
No reasonable government closes their border this way
We lack direction, especially now

enemy of Nigeria.

bounce
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by ogunsj: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
englishmart:
my guy, you are the one who is not reasonable. go and ask topfeed makers of poultry and fishery feeds, they are selling like garri as never before. enemy of progress
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by victorian(f): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

Next time after washing it, parboil it once cos the sand and stones will settle then wash it again and boil it again and voila you have fine rice to eat.

angry
With foreign rice. I don't go through this stress.

Why is Nigerian things always stressful?

Other countries producing clean rice are they spirits? Can't Nigeria produce the same clean rice?

Must we struggle and suffer to get the best in this country?
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by FriendNG: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
realestniggah:

Smuggled through the import doesn't exactly tell us if it was imported into the country or going out of the country.. The report is pretty vague. That a gray area.

Please go back to school and learn English. The Nigerian customs are in Nigeria and when they use the word "import" it means bringing stuff into the country.

Below you will see that the flight left Johannesburg and was intercepted at Murtala Muhammad Airport.

A simple Jss 3 business studies is enough to let you know that goods leaving a country are exports and those coming in are import.

He further stated that the goods were intercepted following the discharge of a cargo from a South African Airways flight 5A060 from Johannesburg on November 10.

This he said made it obvious that the importers through their agents have already prepared a pre-release documentation purporting the imports to be fresh vegetables with the sole intention to evade the import prohibition order.

https://dailynigerian.com/nigerian-customs-intercepts-n68-9m-frozen-chicken-others-at-lagos-airport/

If you still have problem understanding this, then you have no business being on Nairaland because your IQ is not good enough for a public Forum.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by MusaDanladi1: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
victorian:

grin
With foreign rice. I don't go through this stress.

Why is Nigerian things always stressful?

Other countries producing clean rice are they spirits? Can't Nigeria produce the same clean rice?

Must we struggle and suffer to get the best in this country?
As it is right now. That's the only way to enjoy the Nigerian rice. Border don close. Appreciate your country rice and grow the naira grin
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
shortgun:
This border issue is just to make Christmas difficult for Christians.
They will open January next year.

Religion will kill you one day
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by victorian(f): 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

As it is right now. That's the only way to enjoy the Nigerian rice. Border don close. Appreciate your country rice and grow the naira grin

God forbid! I dont use my hard earned money to eat rubbish.
And I bet some Nigerians are like me who will not use their money to buy rice filled with stones.

If you people dont make the rice better for consumption, Na only una family go eat the rice

And we will look for other alternatives. Just watch and see.

Keep producing rubbish, say Na rice.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by nedekid: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Stale... You mates have passed this level of wailing few months back...abi u travel?
No I no travel. I de naija.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by yahoosurepass(m): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
decatalyst:

Oh boy, the way things dey go for this country ehn, nah fried fish and garri we go take do Christmas.

Rice is super expensive and frozen foods can't come in either.

Next level go hit our pots this Christmas grin

Even local fowl no dey Waka about anyhow again grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2019
victorian:

God forbid! I dont use my hard earned money to eat rubbish.
And I bet some Nigerians are like me who will not use their money to buy rice filled with stones.

If you people dont make the rice better for consumption, Na only una family go eat the rice

And we will look for other alternatives. Just watch and see.

Keep producing rubbish, say Na rice.

Lol, try Mama Gold/Mama's pride, it's stone free
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by victorian(f): 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Lol, try Mama Gold/Mama's pride, it's stone free

Sighs, are you sure?

Hmmmmmm OK.

I will check it out.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by drololaaof: 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
May be the goods are for SHOPRITE. By the way is it not their duty to detect smuggled items why then they the custom are making noise as if it is an extraordinary thing.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by otokx(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
The drama continues.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Legendguru: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by aspiring44: 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
[/b][i][/i][b]
fyneguy:
Hmmm I hope it's not for Shoprite

Your guess is as good as mine.

Perhaps they didnt play ball

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by GENEGIRIA: 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2019
Ghana and GUTA has stopped “agitating” about your border. grin What they are saying, which I support 100%, is that an existing law in Ghana, which reserves retail trade in Ghana be enforced. That is all.

Look, I live in Accra and can tell you that Ghanaians are no longer talking about your border closure. The talk is about how Ghana can enforce its own laws to protect its citizens. That is all. It’s your border. If you like keep it closed till thy kingdom come, Ghanaians don’t give a fvck grin But your people trading in Ghana are the one suffering now grin grin they are in sifiapain grin

my personal view is that let people stay in their countries. Ecowas is dead and long buried grin

pharmagba:

Give reason Ghana and GUTA, that don't have border with us are agitating daily

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by moonbender(m): 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
sweetilicious:
I will beat you for making me to cry.

Oya take chicken. Don't cry again
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Nanatrendy(f): 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
Ghana and GUTA has stopped “agitating” about your border. grin What they are saying, which I support 100%, is that an existing law in Ghana, which reserves retail trade in Ghana be enforced. That is all.

Look, I live in Accra and can tell you that Ghanaians are no longer talking about your border closure. The talk is about how Ghana can enforce its own laws to protect its citizens. That is all. It’s your border. If you like keep it closed till thy kingdom come, Ghanaians don’t give a fvck grin But your people trading in Ghana are the one suffering now grin grin they are in sifiapain grin

my personal view is that let people stay in their countries. Ecowas is dead and long buried grin

the problem is what would the nigerians whose business are collapsing do to survive? Your guess is as good as mine, about time everyone goes home to face their economies
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Advancedman(m): 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
englishmart:

OYO
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Divit(m): 11:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
victorian:
Government is doing something good by closing the border.

But my greatest concern, is our finished products in rice.

I bought Nigerian rice three days ago to cook jollof rice but alas it was stones I was eating in most dips. angry

I angrily threw away the pot of rice! It's very very annoying and the rice is so expensive compared to imported rice.

Who do us like this? angry

To eat Nigerian rice now dey fear me!

Government will come in to set things right. Nigerians in the farming sector will foolishly hike the price, even its glaring fertilizer is not that expensive. They will come up with rubbish products! Expect consumers to pay more and eat rubbish!

Abeg who made us this wicked and heartless?

And on Sunday, u see them rushing to church and mosques.

Smhhhhhhh
Shut up!! You are an hypocrite!! I can sense some fabrications in your whole write up. I’ve been eating nigerian groomed rice ever since the border was closed. No stones, no sands. In fact, it’s even more digestible than most of it’s thai counterparts.
Nigerians needs to learn how to survive on what dey breed on their own soil.
Na una go talk say naija no fit produce anything. Na to only import them sabi. But when naija eventually produce, na una go still condemn am. Like the way una dey condemn Innoson motors and all other Made-in-Nigeria products.

Nigerians, dem give una meet, una go talk say na bone. Then throw am away, una go say no, small meet still dey there. angry

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by mmmnaija: 12:47am On Nov 14, 2019
xaggar:

Go read the definition of import and export before you type trash!

The goods were coming into Nigeria (that is import) and not headed for South Africa (which would have been an export).

You must have thought you wrote something that made sense but you just exposed your level of literacy: which infact is placed on ss1.

���������������� I wonder oooooo

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by 9jaRealist: 12:53am On Nov 14, 2019
GULLIBLE Nigerians! grin grin grin

How does one "smuggle" almost 150 cartons via a scheduled aircraft flying into an airport?
The reality is likely to be less dramatic, and more likely to involve completely NIGERIAN characters.

>
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Countersam(m): 4:19am On Nov 14, 2019
ultravires:
This is actually a huge loss for those concerned.

Meanwhile mini portable USB Rechargeable Hand Fan available in large quantities.

This fan works as a power bank. So you can charge your phone or power bank while taking advantage of cool air.

The battery lasts upto 4-5 hours(depending on the speed)

Price is just N1, 500.
Number @signature

Chinese are so innovative. I saw this and plan to bring it back for sale in my location, no fear am not in Naija. wink
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by jeda2207(m): 5:33am On Nov 14, 2019
englishmart:

You re part of Nija problem... enemy of progress
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by chidemavian: 5:53am On Nov 14, 2019
What is Bush doing in the pix

Readers be warned

No part of the airport in Lagos has the type of bush shown in this photo
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Isoduwa(m): 7:21am On Nov 14, 2019
decatalyst:

Oh boy, the way things dey go for this country ehn, nah fried fish and garri we go take do Christmas.

Rice is super expensive and frozen foods can't come in either.

Next level go hit our pots this Christmas grin

Even local fowl no dey Waka about anyhow again grin

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by dayoyak: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2019
The customs need to seize the plane.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: What Will Happen To All These Awards? (Pictured) / Man Dares Police To Wait For Him At The Airport As He Lands From Australia. PICS / Rearrest Of Kidnapper Wadume: Police Release Statement (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.