Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,663 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair (3833 Views)

Media, International Community Obstructing Anti-terror War –NSA / Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda / INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Boboribo: 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2010
By Daniel Idonor - www.vanguardngr.com

ABUJA — Former British Prime Minister, Mr Tony Blair, Wednesday, declared that world leaders and the international community were fully behind the re-emergence of President Goodluck Jonathan as Nigeria’s next President come 2011.

Speaking during an audience with President Jonathan, the visiting Tony Blair and the Chief Executive Officer of JP Morgan Bank of the United States (US), Mr Jamie Dimon, disclosed that it was the confidence of the international community on the ability of the Jonathan-led government that the famous JP Morgan Bank had decided to do business in the country.

According to Blair, there was a huge amount of goodwill in the international community towards supporting his President Jonathan’s efforts to achieve rapid socio-economic development in Nigeria.

He noted that the decision by JP Morgan, one of the world’s largest banks, to upgrade its representative office in Nigeria to a full-scale branch was a vote of confidence in Nigeria and the Jonathan administration.

2011: Everyone expressing great deal of interest

Blair in a chat with newsmen at the end of the visit, said everyone, including the international community, was expressing great deal of interest, great deal of excitement for the elections and everyone is anxious for the elections to be conducted in the best possible way expects.

“I think all the preparations are there and there is a lot of expectations and home around Nigeria which is a great thing. Back in the West, things are pretty difficult politically, difficult economically.

There is a hugely enhanced interest in Africa and in Nigeria, so everyone is kind of working and rating. There is a lot of hope and excitement,” he said.

Nigeria to generate 20,000MW of electricity

Jonathan, in his respond, said Nigeria should be generating 20,000 mega watts of electricity by 2014, enough for use in homes, offices and commercial enterprises.

He projected that by April next year if the administration’s plans for the sector are fully implemented, Nigeria would begin to witness power stability.

To achieve this feat, the president said the Federal Government was tackling challenges in the area of power transmission, stressing that government intended to move as quickly as possible on the construction of a new National Power Transmission Super-Grid to replace the existing grid which can no longer meet the nation’s power transmission needs.

He told the visitors that Nigeria would welcome support from international finance organisations and global banks such as JP Morgan through long-term financing for the super-grid project which is critical to assuring the sustainability of stable power supply in the country.

Jonathan stressed his administration’s efforts to boosting agricultural production in the country through large scale commercial farming as well as measures being taken to sustain peace in the Niger Delta.

Russian on bilateral agreement

Meanwhile, also yesterday, Foreign Minister of the Russian Federation, Mr Sergey Lavrov, came calling on President Jonathan to follow up on the implementation of bilateral agreements signed during President Dmitry Medvedev’s official visit to Nigeria last year.

Jonathan assured the foreign minister of his administration’s willingness to facilitate the implementation of the agreements and the expansion of areas of economic cooperation between Nigeria and the Russian Federation.

Lavrov told the President that Russia was very keen on “enriching” its relations with Nigeria through large scale economic projects
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Boboribo: 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2010
Are they gonna help us vote or help us rig?
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2010
What is the value of their vote again? = 0
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Osama10(m): 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2010
Boboribo:

Are they gonna help us vote or help us rig?

Observers.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by MaiSuya(m): 11:34pm On Nov 17, 2010
ABUJA — Former British Prime Minister, Mr Tony Blair, Wednesday, declared that world leaders and the international community were fully behind the re-emergence of President Goodluck Jonathan as Nigeria’s next President come 2011.

Really?
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by jason12345: 11:36pm On Nov 17, 2010
its like our votes would count for nothing in this coming electionsad
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by appletango: 12:52am On Nov 18, 2010

where exactly did he say this? oh, in a "private" audience with the candidate in question. hmmmmm, no quotes, no mention of any of the candidates, no nada.

there is absolutely nothing to see here people. move along now.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Boboribo: 1:08am On Nov 18, 2010
where exactly did he say this? oh, in a "private" audience with the candidate in question. hmmmmm, no quotes, no mention of any of the candidates, no nada.

there is absolutely nothing to see here people. move along now.

Are you the only one in Nigeria who does not know that GEJ is a "candidate"? Which other candidate do you expect him to mention?
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by appletango: 1:16am On Nov 18, 2010
Boboribo:

Are you the only one in Nigeria who does not know that GEJ is a "candidate"? Which other candidate do you expect him to mention?

sorry, you must have misunderstood me; i was talking about the lack of quotes in the article. if you wouldn't mind could you please go through said article and find me the quote where blair declares his - as well as the international community's - support for GEJ. in case you don't know those are the words with "" around them. wink
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Beaf: 1:20am On Nov 18, 2010
appletango:

sorry, you must have misunderstood me; i was talking about the lack of quotes in the article. if you wouldn't mind could you please go through said article and find me the quote where blair declares his - as well as the international community's - support for GEJ. in case you don't know those are the words with "" around them. wink

You no get TV? This thing was on NTA for everyone to see na.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Beaf: 1:25am On Nov 18, 2010
Its a beautiful and truly fundamental development that GEJ has been endorsed by the UK. It marks a shift of tectonic proportions in Nigeria's power balance.
Go GEJ! Na you biko!
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by aljharem(m): 1:29am On Nov 18, 2010
Beaf:

Its a beautiful and truly fundamental development that GEJ has been endorsed by the UK. It marks a shift of tectonic proportions in Nigeria's power balance.
Go GEJ! Na you biko!

that's a lie, i tell u jonathan is not doing the ijaws a favour by contesting angry
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by appletango: 1:32am On Nov 18, 2010
Beaf:

You no get TV? This thing was on NTA for everyone to see na.

then what were his exact words? i don't want any nigerian journalist's interpretation.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Beaf: 1:34am On Nov 18, 2010
appletango:

then what were his exact words? i don't want any nigerian journalist's interpretation.

I don't recall, but the article is just about spot on.

alj harem:

that's a lie, i tell u jonathan is not doing the ijaws a favour by contesting angry

Who is talking about Ijaw?
Dude, take a break from NL, feast on foods like banana's and stuff that contains loads of omega3 (like fish), then come back and contribute meaningfully.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by appletango: 1:36am On Nov 18, 2010
in fact forget it. i have them.

"everyone including the international community are expressing great deal of interest, great deal of excitement for the elections and everyone is anxious for the elections to be conducted in the best possible way expects."

“I think all the preparations are there and there is a lot of expectations and home around Nigeria which is a great thing. Back in the west things are pretty difficult politically, difficult economically, there is a hugely enhanced interest in Africa and in Nigeria so everyone is kind of working and rating. There is a lot of hope and excitement."

or maybe NTA had a different version of events. could you even hear blair? or did they just give you a studio voice over with footage of him shaking hands with that dude in the cowboy hat?
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by becomrich5: 1:37am On Nov 18, 2010
Beaf , you are sure an illiterate, the UK is not supporting Jonathan, Dont get people into trouble.

Nigerian are the one who will determine if they want Jonathan. And not the international community. This is how democracy works.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by appletango: 1:37am On Nov 18, 2010
Beaf:

I don't recall, but the article is just about spot on.

you sir, are a crude liar
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Beaf: 1:55am On Nov 18, 2010
appletango:

you sir, are a crude liar

And you are a fool with a monkey brain.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Beaf: 1:57am On Nov 18, 2010
becomrich5:

Beaf , you are sure an illiterate, the UK is not supporting Jonathan, Dont get people into trouble.

Nigerian are the one who will determine if they want Jonathan. And not the international community. This is how democracy works.

Dude, CIA is looking for you for stealing google maps. grin
They will soon catch you.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 18, 2010
Beaf:

Dude, CIA is looking for you for stealing google maps. grin
They will soon catch you.
angry
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Beaf: 2:02am On Nov 18, 2010
^
You no wan mek dem catch ya NL husban'? cheesy
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 18, 2010
Beaf:

^
You no wan mek dem catch ya NL husban'? cheesy
If dem catch am, I go find you o! angry
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Beaf: 2:43am On Nov 18, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

If dem catch am, I go find you o! angry

I can assure you, the day you come and make trouble with me, you will see deep mysteries, experience undiluted pleasures, cry in languages you never thought you could speak, reach the top of the mountain and . . . and . . .and . . . and. . . GBOZAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! cool

You still wan fin' me? grin
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by nxchanger: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2010
DEM DON THE MOVE
HE BE LIKE SAY THEM DON THEY MOVE
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by slap1(m): 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2010
Go GEJ!

Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by FBS: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
becomrich5:

becomrich is a LEGEND!
I dey gbadun your posts.  cool
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by Seaen(m): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2010
It is all mouth, all what they are looking for is crude oil.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by vislabraye(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2010
It's good for him. UP GEJ. UP Naija Delta sorry Niger Delta ,
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by blacksta(m): 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2010
Beaf and Co

What many of you dont realise is the fact that Tony Blair is now a Paid Piper after stepping down from office as a prime minster and his fee roughly £250,000 to a £1Million per engagement.  I am fully aware that the man has not travelled to Nigeria for nothing.  Tony has big expenses his mortgage alone for a house in Islingtion is £15,000,000 + Another £4,000,000 in buckinghamshire

I will be careful in listening to utter nonsense blair is saying, believe me if you pay me £50,000 i will say anything you want hear.
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by FBS: 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2010
Tony Blair = EHM!
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by martinosi: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2010
Beaf:

Go GEJ! Na you biko!

O.k so we are coming to see that if "The West" does not like you they will notendorse you, so we are now all coming to realize that outside influence still trying to shift the course of Nigeria,

Please make una give ur opinion now, shooo!
Re: 2011 - International Community Support Gej - Blair by blacksta(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2010
Tony Blair has come under attack from the Chinese media after he was allegedly paid $500,000 (£237,000) for a three-hour trip to a luxury Chinese housing estate.

Chinese state press questioned whether the former Prime Minister was worth the bumper pay cheque for his whirlwind visit, and claimed that he produced little more than clichés.

Mr Blair's spokesman in the UK has however hit back that it was "none of your business" how much the former Premier got paid.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/the_blair_years/article2830992.ece

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan I Dey Laugh O / Abia: We Can’t Pay New Wage / GEJ Stands By His Single Term Proposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.