Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg (43626 Views)

What I Bought From Market With 10k / See What Rice Traders Do To Bags Of Rice To Reduce Its Quantity (pics/video) / Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Sonoyom(m): 10:31am On Nov 15, 2019
He should suspend the plenty talk, come and tell us when the price is finally reduced.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by yomalex(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2019
Okay
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by West2019(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2019
BuhariCarryGo:
Santuscom Agro-Hub Investment Nigeria Limited, producer of Ogoja Rice, has said it will crash the prices of local brands as it begins harvest at its 1,000-hectare farm in Okpoma, Yala Local Government Area of Cross River State.
The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Santuscom, Chief Paul Santus, made this known while speaking with journalists on the farm’s effort to cushion the effect of rising prices of rice domestically as a result of the closure of the land borders.

Chief Santus said the Ogoja Rice brand would sell for N14,000 ahead of the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Since the recent closure of land borders by the Federal Government, prices of the commodity have risen to as much as N18,000 to N22,000, depending on which market.

Explaining further, Chief Santus said, “We at Santuscom Agro-hub Investment Nigeria Limited, producers of the popular Ogoja Rice brand, are concerned with the skyrocketing prices of rice after the closure of land borders by the Federal Government.

“We want Nigerians to understand the action by the government, and notwithstanding, we want to assure Nigerians that as a company, we will do everything possible before the Christmas and New Year celebrations to crash the prevailing and the current market prices of rice as we will be selling at N14,000 per 50-kg bag of rice anytime from now.

“Everything is ready for us to commence serious production of high quality and stone-free Ogoja Rice that would be very affordable and accessible by consumers in any part of Nigeria.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/border-closure-ogoja-rice-to-hit-market-with-reduced-price.html?
permanent closer of border in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2019
BuhariCarryGo:
Santuscom Agro-Hub Investment Nigeria Limited, producer of Ogoja Rice, has said it will crash the prices of local brands as it begins harvest at its 1,000-hectare farm in Okpoma, Yala Local Government Area of Cross River State.
The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Santuscom, Chief Paul Santus, made this known while speaking with journalists on the farm’s effort to cushion the effect of rising prices of rice domestically as a result of the closure of the land borders.

Chief Santus said the Ogoja Rice brand would sell for N14,000 ahead of the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Since the recent closure of land borders by the Federal Government, prices of the commodity have risen to as much as N18,000 to N22,000, depending on which market.

Explaining further, Chief Santus said, “We at Santuscom Agro-hub Investment Nigeria Limited, producers of the popular Ogoja Rice brand, are concerned with the skyrocketing prices of rice after the closure of land borders by the Federal Government.

“We want Nigerians to understand the action by the government, and notwithstanding, we want to assure Nigerians that as a company, we will do everything possible before the Christmas and New Year celebrations to crash the prevailing and the current market prices of rice as we will be selling at N14,000 per 50-kg bag of rice anytime from now.

“Everything is ready for us to commence serious production of high quality and stone-free Ogoja Rice that would be very affordable and accessible by consumers in any part of Nigeria.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/border-closure-ogoja-rice-to-hit-market-with-reduced-price.html?

BMC paid member, Ogoja 1000 hectare rice farm cannot crash the prices of rice in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Dagrace01(m): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2019
ayukdaboss:

No one is deceiving anybody, there has definitely been an improvement in local rice production and it's a gradual process with the first and most important step being making sure local producers of rice are encouraged and what other better way can we get that done than making sure the careless inflow of foreign rice through our borders is put in check?

And for the Lady who smuggled 1 derica of rice through her breasts, that's solely her business, I'm surprised you could even raise that as a point lipsrsealed
I wonder how you have the nerve to to argue with this kinda person.. U dey try ooo! The issue is that everything u say he'll have some silly point to raise in order to defend himself. Some people's gene is just engraved with negativity and he's one of them.

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Angelfrost(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Once again, why all these fuss about rice??!... How many Nigerians have always been able to afford rice, especially since Buhari took over in 2015??!

The food in itself is overrated in my humble and dietary opinion.... Some outside Nigeria would think rice is the sole meal that keeps us alive in this country. The rice in my house lasts longer than any other food, cos I would rather eat swallow, bread, beans, etc than the unnecessarily hyped carbohydrate source.

Let's give this a rest jor.... Most of us are already beginning to sound dumb. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Saidfx(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Still the same shiit..14,000naira from south south and when it get to south west it'll become 24,000. Price regulation deficiency. Leave rice and eat potatoes, wheat flour, plaintain, soi beans etc.. leave rice for the Indians..

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by anonimi: 10:34am On Nov 15, 2019
ayukdaboss:
I don't understand how some of you are always waiting to see how things in this country will fail. Then you still turn around and complain about the same country, there are a lot of indigenous rice farmers now both in small and large scale, this is just one of them and I didn't read anywhere these guys mentioned they will be supplying Lagos with rice for Christmas so please use your head when commenting next time.

Must we all be mumus to be fooled over and over again by the same set of deceptive rogues?

Dandsome:
You guys need to see this. APC no vex e don do. Stop the propaganda already

Gov Ibikunle amosun caught red handed.
Phone technology and social media are great assets to us o.

Height of deceit by another APC governor.

Can someone please in the name of God tell me this isn't real. cry cry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6556579_img20180115wa0011_jpeg01e256b05f829983d84d10903538a66d

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by anonimi: 10:36am On Nov 15, 2019
PrecisionFx:
BMC paid member, Ogoja 1000 hectare rice farm cannot crash the prices of rice in Nigeria.

grin cheesy
Where is that dead meat suya seller sef?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6357739_img20171202120050_jpeg6ecfd3f82fd9c8a51481d8dcf4a16a70

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Kennethorah: 10:36am On Nov 15, 2019
Audio Rice, everybody is into rice yet its still 18-22k...

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Allsingles: 10:37am On Nov 15, 2019
BuhariCarryGo:
God bless Federal republic of Nigeria
But our problem lies with the middle men. They'll buy it cheap and sell at a higher prizes!

You got it.
Middle men is going to be a problem here even before now
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by frowland(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2019
ursullalinda:
The earlier the better......Rice don turn to scarce commodity oh

No it hasn't. Those close to the farms and those close to mills get them for 14k. I can categorically attest to this. Like a poster stated, it is the middle men that hike the price but rail transportation is still hindering movement of goods. In time, all this will reconcile.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Eteka1(m): 10:41am On Nov 15, 2019
Tajbol4splend:
Shey they are planting Rice in Cross Rivers ni, I think say them say na Oye full them land.
In Cross River State, rice is planted in very large quantity in Yakkurr, Abi, Obubra, Ikom, Etung, Boki, Ogoja, Yala, Bekwara LGAs. Its also planted in smaller quantities in the other 9 LGAs.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by femi4: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2019
netpro:
Nigeria on the beat.

More rice cultivation next year. Sebi una want rice. We shall see. Rice go full market next year.
Lies.....they ll always come up with excuse
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:43am On Nov 15, 2019
Eteka1:
In Cross River State, rice is planted in very large quantity in Yakkurr, Abi, Obubra, Ikom, Etung, Boki, Ogoja, Yala, Bekwara LGAs. Its also planted in smaller quantities in the other 9 LGAs.

Who would have thought, didn't know this

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by 9gerian: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2019
Best news!

Next level tins holding sway grin

BuhariCarryGo:

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Femijohn198: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2019
ogoja my second state I love

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Xisnin(m): 10:46am On Nov 15, 2019
Angelfrost:
Once again, why all these fuss about rice??!... How many Nigerians have always been able to afford rice, especially since Buhari took over in 2015??!

The food in itself is overrated in my humble and dietary opinion.... Some outside Nigeria would think rice is the sole meal that keeps us alive in this country. The rice in my house lasts longer than any other food, cos I would rather eat swallow, bread, beans, etc than the unnecessarily hyped carbohydrate source.

Let's give this a rest jor.... Most of us are already beginning to sound dumb. undecided
Another arrogant who thinks only him deserves to have a choice.

Isn't it dumb to be using a phone when you can do without it?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Kuginzi: 10:48am On Nov 15, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Once beaten twice shy

We are just being realistic

Before closing the border, Buhari was everywhere telling people that Nigeria has sufficient rice shocked shocked shocked

Rice dey sufficient, na him one woman dey smuggle one abi na two derica of rice

Don't deceive yourself, be realistic. Being realistic will brace you for whatever that's coming, so that you can have a proper plan for victory!!!

Don't just come online and deceive people!!!

Sifia pain
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by iamforeveryoung: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2019
I never liked this decision of banning importation of rice but the federal government has demonstrated his readiness to do it, i have no other option than to support my government. i want the price of rice to crash more than any other thing. Nor be everything them take dey oppose, some na support we go support for the good of every one. I want the price of rice to come down like the price of garri.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Elxandre(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2019
Angelfrost:

And you're the only one in Nigeria abi.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Gbegulox12(m): 10:55am On Nov 15, 2019
if u dont believe in your nation how will foreigner invest in it are they nt producing the rice at all is what you are saying audio nigeria
god bless my nigeria
and those who still believe in it
and quench the politician who tarnish our image including buhari too self kissif u dont believe in your nation how will foreigner invest in it are they nt producing the rice at all is what you are saying audio nigeria
god bless my nigeria
and those who still believe in it
and quench the politician who tarnish our image including buhari too self

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by lineviews: 10:56am On Nov 15, 2019
One of the few decisions that this government have made for the masses is implementing a ban on foreign rice.

The demand for our local rice is on the rise and so is the competition for market control. The advantage is that the price will come down in time.

Thanks to APc for this grand development

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Skmoda360(m): 10:58am On Nov 15, 2019
BuhariCarryGo:
God bless Federal republic of Nigeria
But our problem lies with the middle men. They'll buy it cheap and sell at a higher prizes!
This is just the problem of the country grin

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Angelfrost(m): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Xisnin:

Another arrogant who thinks only him deserves to have a choice.

Why the fuss about the phone.
How many Nigerians have always been able to afford rice, especially since Buhari took over in 2015??!

Phones are overrated and people can live without them.

You see how dumb it is for you to be using phone when you can do without it.

Poor analogy... You should pick better correlation to support your emotional rant. grin

How can you even compare phones and rice??! Have you been drinking??! Lol...

Are you saying if rice is banned or disappears from our diet (theoretically), we will all die of hunger??!...

You chose to miss the crux of my submission all in your haste to be defensive... So, let me reiterate or clarify... 1. Border closure is not solely about rice consumption.
2. A reduction in the demand, supply, and consumption of rice will not cause famine or malnutrition as it is not, and has not been the cheapest carbohydrate source in this country for years now.
3. There are more pressing issues (economic issues if you may) than availability and/or affordability of rice.

Maybe, I came off a bit harsh in my use of "dumb" (I unreservedly apologize), but I have simply called a spade what it truly is.

...As for arrogance, I prefer to be honestly pompous than to be pretentiously and hypocritically humble.
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by fk001(m): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
We go see first nau undecided abi na audio rice

I would like to see how it can cater for those in Lagos not to talk of Nigeria

No be so Lagos State shout lake rice Wey the lake rice

Why do you like bad news?
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Angelfrost(m): 11:03am On Nov 15, 2019
Elxandre:

And you're the only one in Nigeria abi.

Sigh... That was all you comprehended from that submission, really?! A simple personal instance??!...

No, I am not the only one... I'm one among millions of sensible Nigerians. Now, run along.
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Xmen149(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2019
at this level,

The only News clear to Nigerians must contain "we have..." not "we will'

Na all those we will kind of news they make presidency believe all is well when they ain't..

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Elxandre(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2019
Angelfrost:

Sigh... That was all you comprehended from that submission, really?! A simple personal instance??!...

No, I am not the only one... I'm one among millions of sensible Nigerians. Now, run along.
That was a summary of the hogwash you wrote.

Who are you to decide people's food preferences?
Abeggii go sleep!
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Angelfrost(m): 11:09am On Nov 15, 2019
Elxandre:

That was a summary of the hogwash you wrote.

Who are you to decide people's food preferences?
Abeggii go sleep!

You sound intelligent... I will assume this is one of the rare days you take leave of your faculties, and let this pointless rant slide.

Have a good day, and quote me no further.
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by skoolboy84(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2019
Half rice, half stone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Food You Cannot Understand Why People Enjoy It. / Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? / 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.