Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,656 members, 7,827,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling (18134 Views)

Maduka Vows To Dredge River Niger To Onitsha To Activate The Sea Port / FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills / I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling by DonroxyII: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2019
Henriksen:
Nigeria government has lost its vision
What is ECOMOG all about , which one is border force again !!
Re: Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling by Kosmik: 8:37am On Nov 15, 2019
According to Economics, you don't go about tinz diz way cuz it must surely backfire in d economy of d country.

Wat effort haf bin made to start industries or support doz who owns 1 in d country? Innoson is der, n d FG haf done nofin.

Set d country in place first b4 embarken on banning imported goods
Re: Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling by mfm04622: 8:39am On Nov 15, 2019
Blue3k:

I disputed the 20% of GDP figure you through out. There's no basis for it! The country isnt even a net exporter.

Mexico isn't the largest anymore but they still make up large portions.Getting rid of poor people and criminals is good. You dont have to use resources to deal with them. Those illegal immigrants tend to send remittances payments back to their families. Other than that I disagree with using border closure before threats to get them to table.

Mexicans are returning home! Mexican economy is good, so why would they illegally migrate to US? So most migrants to US are from South America and not Mexico.
Also, I do not support the border closure. Nigerian exporters have lost a lot from this closure and I was sceptical it would even succeed to bring Benin to the table. A threat of border closure made Niger ban importation of rice from Benin since they know it is meant to be exported to Nigeria. However, I doubt threats alone would have brought Benin to the table. Even at this, we still need a better Customs service. The success of this still depends on them
Re: Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling by Blue3k(m): 9:04am On Nov 15, 2019
mfm04622:

Mexicans are returning home! Mexican economy is good, so why would they illegally migrate to US? So most migrants to US are from South America and not Mexico.
Also, I do not support the border closure. Nigerian exporters have lost a lot from this closure and I was sceptical it would even succeed to bring Benin to the table. A threat of border closure made Niger ban importation of rice from Benin since they know it is meant to be exported to Nigeria. However, I doubt threats alone would have brought Benin to the table. Even at this, we still need a better Customs service. The success of this still depends on them

More Mexican are leaving than coming now. They illegally migrate for same reasons they always have.

The exporters and border communities are collateral damage. They'll just have to wait it out. Let's hope their their new tech investment make Customs less corrupt in the future.

Re: Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling by Swanzi(m): 9:16am On Nov 15, 2019
Area4Area:
Your president and ministers have been begging everyone endlessly

Is that why ur mustabating all over well sorry to bust ur bubble It’s called diplomacy to enquire without warning why an ecowas country closed its border u block head grin
Re: Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling by Waladade4luv(m): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2019
Swanzi:

Oga u go wait taya

Meanwhile enjoy ur stone rice grin
No wahala I dey enjoy am die, since I dey chop am I never die na, it's very good for us to develop our home grown products, we can't call ourself giant of Africa when our neighbours dey make it at our own expense and our own citizen dey suffer, abeg I support baba on this policy ooh you can relocate to Thailand if you want to eat their rice
Re: Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling by grandstar(m): 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2019
Blue3k:

More Mexican are leaving than coming now. They illegally migrate for same reasons they always have.

The exporters and border communities are collateral damage. They'll just have to wait it out. Let's hope their their new tech investment make Customs less corrupt in the future.

Non-Mexican immigrant are know by the acronym OTM which means "Other than Mexicans
Re: Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling by Blue3k(m): 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
grandstar:

Non-Mexican immigrant are know by the acronym OTM which means "Other than Mexicans

Lol I've never heard that phase. That's petty funny.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uzodinma: Aggrieved politicians sponsored Imo Attacks / Governor Zulum Tells Remi Tinubu He Will Deliver Borno To Tinubu / Lekki Seaport Berths Largest Vessel Since Commencement Of Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.