Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour (2055 Views)

Pakistan Condemns Attack By Iran, And Says It Killed 2 Children And Wounded 3. / US Behind Drone Attack To Assassinate Putin - Russia Claims / Soldier Who Joined Army Just To Become Expert At Killing Black People Kicked Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Explorers(m): 5:37am On Nov 15, 2019
SAS solider who killed two Islamic militants during a terror attack in Kenya will be given one of the UK’s highest honours.

He will be awarded a Conspicuous Gallantry Cross, a bravery medal second only to a Victoria Cross, for his response to gun and grenade attack by al-Shabaab terrorists on the DusitD2 hotel in Nairobi on January 15.

The terrorists killed 21 people, including British charity worker Luke Potter, before the bloodshed was brought to a stop.

The unnamed elite solider will be given the medal by the Queen later this month, The Sun reported.

He entered the complex without backup to help evacuate 700 people.

The bodies of the terrorists can be seen after the shooting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7688099/SAS-hero-saved-hundreds-shot-dead-two-terrorists-Kenya-awarded-Gallantry-Cross.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Explorers(m): 5:38am On Nov 15, 2019
Conspicuous Gallantry Cross, one of the highest honour in the United Kingdom.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Explorers(m): 5:38am On Nov 15, 2019
January, 15th 2019. Men armed with guns and explosives burst into a hotel complex DuditD2 in Nairobi, killing at least 21 people in an attack that lasted hours and ended Wednesday morning.

CCTV footage shows the armed terrorists gaining access to complex.

3 Likes 1 Share

Kenya forces at the scene.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Riele(f): 5:41am On Nov 15, 2019
Aww.

Well deserved .

There was a time i nursed the idea of becoming a solider but then life happened .

3 Likes

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Explorers(m): 5:44am On Nov 15, 2019
People escaping through complex window during the attack.

2 Likes

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by dynicks(m): 5:45am On Nov 15, 2019
I hap bata pins to render awards to than fiful that repa to themselves as gallant fiful!...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Flexherbal(m): 5:47am On Nov 15, 2019
Very good!

This kind of award motivates others.

Give honour to whom it is due.
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by luckaz(m): 5:49am On Nov 15, 2019
This is a Society that functions maximally.

3 Likes

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Eportal123: 6:01am On Nov 15, 2019
Soldiers ���
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 15, 2019
Good, two SAS solider can successfully bring down BH terrorist camp. After them na NAVY seal.

Even with backup, i know some people that won't dare go in. Na peaceful protester dem like to shoot at.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by donbachi(m): 6:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Barge of honor and bravery well deserved.

1 Like

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by tillaman(m): 7:45am On Nov 15, 2019
This is well deserved, he was able to take on them and he successfully took them out, he still came out alive and he saved a lot of people sadly 21 lives were lost but this is undiluted bravery!!!!!!!!!! Kudos

We sef get sars for here ooo, una own nor even get letter R, our own SARS may not have the balls to face gun wielding terrorists but they can go on a highway chase for hours looking for internet fraudsters, they fit harass any living omni, Our NA are just advanced version SARS 2.0!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by terrymason(m): 7:48am On Nov 15, 2019
Maximum bravery at is peak...
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Eife(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2019
See their guns
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by QDubz(m): 8:47am On Nov 15, 2019
Train hard bleed less..
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Treasure17(m): 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
Well deserved. See them strategically positioned with their rifles.
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Tapout(m): 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
i'm not hating, but the award is out of place. i mean he is not just a random police officer. he is SAS special forces, this is what he was trained to do. it's like give a bomb squad an award for defusing a bomb sad

Modified

The Special Air Service (SAS) is a special forces unit of the British Army. The SAS was founded in 1941 as a regiment, and later reconstituted as a corps in 1950. The unit undertakes a number of roles including covert reconnaissance, counter-terrorism, direct action and hostage rescue.
culled from google.
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Remix10(m): 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
Tapout:
i'm not hating, but the award is out of place. i mean he is not just a random police officer. he is SAS special forces, this is what he was trained to do. it's like give a bomb squad an award for defusing a bomb sad

Modified

culled from google.

Can you be wiser than a UK? be pessimistic for once, why not see it as giving honor to the best graduating student in a university, he or she came to read but did that's and went the extra mile, terrorism is an enemy of peace, all country of the world dreads it, if Obama or Trump calls for a presidential press conference when the US forces kills a key member of a terrorist group, why can't this unnamed SAS soldier be honored. #Thinkaboutit

4 Likes

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by starbuck(f): 8:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
Explorers abeg do a thread on Australia wildfire
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by tck2000(m): 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
starbuck:
Explorers abeg do a thread on Australia wildfire
Fire in Australia again?

1 Like

Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by TheFacelessMan: 5:34am On Nov 16, 2019
Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have a confession. undecided

This is one of my several identities. I am so sorry my cover has been blown...

But this is exactly how it happened....
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by yomalex(m): 11:47am On Nov 16, 2019
Cha
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Temptee101(m): 10:49am On Nov 17, 2019
Bravery at it's finest
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Trippledots(m): 11:35am On Nov 17, 2019
Tapout:

Modified

culled from google.

Typical speech of a premium hater...
Re: SAS Soldier Who Killed 2 Terrorists During Kenya Attack To Get U.K High Honour by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
Look at kenya special force using a scar-l or h gun
But here in nigeria our special force uses the porpular gun ever AKM

(1) (Reply)

We Must Stop Borrowing And Start Printing Money For Our Development- Paul Kagame / The World's Tallest Married couple According to Guinness book of record [photos] / The Obama Family Diary: Photos Of President Barack Obama And First Lady Michelle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.