Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation (19761 Views)

Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation / Five Nigerian Senators Who Support Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by anonimi: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2019
Sanchez01:
I don't play your kind of politics, anonimi. For the record, I was very much active in the APC before pulling out on my will. I wasn't kicked out like some of you who lost everything after the APC won. I'll only criticize objectively and not do so out of pure resentment and sentiment.

For the record too, I was in AD, AC and ACN until I realised that they are scammers and fraudulent people who have no iota of progressive ideals that Awo and the five LOBOO state governors stood for, worked for and achieved.
So you are a latecomer.
My support for PDP is because it is the better of the two bad options we currently have and they have achieved more in those progressive sectors- education in particular.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Charleys: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2019
Mrsserene:
The only people pained by this new rule are bitter people or people that feed from spreading false news and hate. I have been wondering why such people are going unpunished in this country. Dear FG, start with Nairaland hate vendors!

When the government begin to do bad and you say something right, the government will call it hate speech and will hang you for it.

This time it will be legal.
Check out other countries

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by DNSPro: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2019
Factfinder1:
I wish we have youths with balls like fela na to go burn down nass and beat those exualted looters....I hate the sets of dumb young people we have in Nigeria... especially the illiterates that sold their votes and will die defending all this old bulls and the ones who draw their inspiration from Instagram and worship celebrities senselessly

We share same thoughts. God Bless you, bro

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by LabDNA: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2019
Sanchez01:
APC is useless sha. Of all things, social media regulation is their problem. Some of us made a grave mistake of voting Buhari in the 2015 election. Mehn!

Continue looking for Ibos for antagonize while your basic rights are been erased forever.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by SOFTENGR: 7:52am On Nov 15, 2019
Ololanla:
It's not your fault. We are too docile in this country, If not, an unrepentant liar like Lai has no business being a minister in the first place.
That tells a lot about his employer
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Bluffly: 7:55am On Nov 15, 2019
Factfinder1:
I wish we have youths with balls like fela na to go burn down nass and beat those exualted looters....I hate the sets of dumb young people we have in Nigeria... especially the illiterates that sold their votes and will die defending all this old bulls and the ones who draw their inspiration from Instagram and worship celebrities senselessly
Why are you dumb as well?
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by SOFTENGR: 7:57am On Nov 15, 2019
Mrsserene:
The only people pained by this new rule are bitter people or people that feed from spreading false news and hate. I have been wondering why such people are going unpunished in this country. Dear FG, start with Nairaland hate vendors!
You are really missing the point. This has nothing to do with partisan politics.
Don't worry, I will be reading news about the outcome of this criminal bill from US, while your fundamental human right is being violated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Samunique(m): 8:01am On Nov 15, 2019
[quote author=almarthins post=84039844]

The man with thirty eight children, is that how he silence them from talking?[/quotep]

grin cheesy
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Dedetwo(m): 8:08am On Nov 15, 2019
agwom:
The Federal Government says criticisms will not stop it from going ahead with its planned efforts to sanitise the social media space. The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, stated this on Thursday when he met with the Guild of Corporate Online Publishers in Abuja.

“We are not alone in doing this. Countries around the world are as concerned as we are, and they are doing something about the social media. The list is long: Germany, UK, Singapore, China, South Korea, Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, etc,” the minister said. He said the campaign against fake news and hate speech had assumed a heightened dimension.

“We have been monitoring the debate. Some analysts and commentators have supported our plan; while others have opposed it. An interesting part of the debate has been that even those who oppose the regulation have acknowledged the dangers inherent in the irresponsible use of the social media, especially by anarchists and non-patriots. We thank everyone who has spoken out, and we hope the debate will continue”, he said. He said the government had not announced how it planned to go about the regulation because it would not be a unilateral process.

“It will involve all stakeholders coming together to chart the path forward. Let me announce here that we have just kick-started the process. We have dispatched letters inviting representatives of the media, civil society, technology and security experts, online publishers, bloggers, relevant agencies of government, etc, for this purpose,” he said. He said the government was exploring many options open to it in regulating the social media, stressing that apart from enacting new laws, we can also leverage on technology, working with the big techies like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Istagram to check the spread of fake news and hate speech.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/no-going-back-on-social-media-regulation-fg.html

The countries around the world are not promulgating laws which require death for an social media offense. This is the same manner Obasanjo and his fellow goons introduced death penalty for coup plotters however when he was implicated in coup, he cried river. Nigeria is led by useless goons who have absolutely nothing to offer.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by jcross19: 8:09am On Nov 15, 2019
Brandstudio01:
shocked
In as much as im not in support of The Federal Government, the problem is a large number of senseless youths on Social Media who cannot define the common boundary between senseless talks and constrictive criticism.

Some comments sucks. Because some of the us were giving nothing to say either by their actual environment in life, the school system or our parents. Which is why today we have a Government who feel they can do anything and get away with it

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
see primitive comment ! how would they do business with you with this type of mentality! even Americans are calling trump different names still nothing happen , infact may God punish buhari and lai Mohammed house hold for this evil oppression.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by AkwalaIke1: 8:10am On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
helinues:
No going back

We like it that way
[/s]
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by bezimo(m): 8:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Useless nonsense idiots..come and sanitize Facebook.. Instagram and Twitter na...you think it's uncultured and uncivilized useless idiots like you politicians that are running it..sorry no..those social media platforms encourage freedom of speech..so get lost.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Rawtruth1: 8:14am On Nov 15, 2019
The first leg into the planned "third term", if you know, you know. Authoritarianism on the way. If you are ignorant, continue to argue
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by mauriceju2(m): 8:21am On Nov 15, 2019
This man has forgotten what he did to Johnathan, this man will be judge for all the abomination he said against Johnathan
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by ibietela2(m): 8:24am On Nov 15, 2019
anonimi:

Lies as usual from the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2

Hehehehehehehehehehe
Na wa oooo
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Johnsghana(m): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2019
If you share info on SM and you have the evidence to back up your story, why would be afraid to face the law? These Western ideas of talking without sense and making your insecurities the realities pig others should stop.

Also, SM was used to spread deep seethed hate and division in America during the US last elections. Many govts in the Middle East were toppled via foreign influence through SM.

Social Media is just to broad a territory to be without some form of regulation.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Kosmik: 8:30am On Nov 15, 2019
But according to law, no life is to be taken unless and except life is being taken.

So I wonder how freedom of speech results to murder by hanging.

Den wats d difference with military regime?

Demn, wat do u expect wen one who doesn't know wat d law says is d ruler cuz he doesn't haf even a college result, yet rules professors, doctors, engineers, etc.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 15, 2019
Bunch of dumb, redundant, satanic, self-serving THIEVES!

The shithole is fast plunging south!
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Mrsserene: 8:35am On Nov 15, 2019
obembet:
APC use social media to fight PDP, now they want to close it down. I know Sowore is one of thier major target cos they know that coming back of Sowore will finish them. Let see how it goes..

Look that this hungry and smiling boy. No money, no Job. Yet u dey support Buhari up-and-down
See this useless trash grin I am a rich daughter of a rich father. Wife to a rich husband. You are the hungry one my dia.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Coldie(m): 8:36am On Nov 15, 2019
Factfinder1:
What stops u from starting it.

All you do is hide behind social media and talk
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:43am On Nov 15, 2019
Rawtruth1:
The first leg into the planned "third term", if you know, you know. Authoritarianism on the way. If you are ignorant, continue to argue

Dont u worry... *third term wouldn't materialize that is if they are thinking about it..

There is this saying "once upon a time... its his 'era' and cant stay more than the time appointed to him........ !!!

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by gaventa: 8:45am On Nov 15, 2019
Sooner or later you all will seize to be in power, your successor will do same to haunt you. Life no hard at all.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by mobi99(m): 8:49am On Nov 15, 2019
what a funny country... unless there's no God,this bill you are trying to impose on us even when we the masses reject it will surely caught up with you people especially that old fool that always stand to defend his folk with his Lai Lai as his name sound ...
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Mrquote: 9:13am On Nov 15, 2019
Brandstudio01:
shocked
In as much as im not in support of The Federal Government, the problem is a large number of senseless youths on Social Media who cannot define the common boundary between senseless talks and constrictive criticism.

Some comments sucks. Because some of the us were giving nothing to say either by their actual environment in life, the school system or our parents. Which is why today we have a Government who feel they can do anything and get away with it

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
Pls I have been looking for someone to define hate speech for me, so that I won't be arrested later for what I said, pls show me with example
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by amazemanuno: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2019
*Mahatma Gandhi*
Father of Nation in India;
employing non-violent civil disobedience
to gain Independence and freedom across the world.

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by chinwezdasilva: 9:21am On Nov 15, 2019
Factfinder1:
Na hate speech you dey talk so, but come to think of it are you a youth?
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Amhappy(f): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2019
If this succeed then third term and life presidency may follow. You don't try to gag the press and stamp out all opposition if you don't have a sinster move. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Nigerians try and read history
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by EdiskyHarry: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2019
apart from taking lie Mohamed serious, what else can you do to show that you are not serious with your life?
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Belteshazzar1: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2019
mtcheeeew

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by checkoutEnugu: 9:48am On Nov 15, 2019

He whom the Gods seek to kill, they first make mad.

APC are showing why absolute power corrupts absolutely. Its very funny why we keep moving in circles. Rewind a few years ago, PDP felt they didnt care to listen to the voice of the people. They even boasted to rule the country for 100years. Pride set in and they barely ruled beyond 16yrs.
Now APC are towing thesame path. Wrecklessly toying with the peoples power and rights. Karma is never asleep.
The arrogance in their tone, the sheer pomposity and stoic believe in themselves alone. "They can do anything f**k the people.".. Well history of Nigeria is there for all to read.
It will end in disgrace and shame ..
APC.. CHANGE NOW..

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by ThePreachersSon: 9:55am On Nov 15, 2019
So are we going to be censored like it's done in China and the Middle East?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Threatens To Seize Trucks Between 6am And 9pm / Nigeria Army,82 Division Enugu Get New GOC / Charles Soludo: Court Issues Criminal Summons Against Ex-CBN Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.