Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI (42446 Views)

More Factories, Businesses May Shut Down As Diesel Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
A number of local businesses could fold up by the end of the year if the issue of the Nigeria border closure is not resolved immediately.

According to the Ghana Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI), local businesses in the Ashanti Region, in particular, were losing about $3 million a week with the threat of a possible shutdown.

This came to light following a tour of some selected companies by officials of the chamber to gauge the mood, assess performance and strategise for the way forward.

Among the companies a team from the GCCI visited were Angel Group of Companies, Uni-Jay Fashion and Asamoa Yamoa Farms, all in Kumasi.

The National President of the Chamber, Nana Apiagyei Dankawoso I, who led the team on the tour, commended business owners for their resilience in the face of the challenge.

He gave an assurance that the border would possibly be reopened this week to allow passage of goods from Ghana as well as boost business between the two countries.

While waiting for that to materialise, however, Nana Dankawoso urged businesses to leverage technology and explore new opportunities and destinations beyond Nigeria in order to remain relevant.

He said since the government employed just six per cent of the country’s workforce, the private sector ought to be supported to enable it to employ more people, else the problem with unemployment could exacerbate.

https://www.graphic.com.gh/business/business-news/local-businesses-buckle-under-nigeria-border-closure.html

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by wristbangle: 6:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
I was brainwashed into thinking that Alomo bitter is the best aphrodisiac for sexual rendezvous not knowing our local jedi-jedi performs more magic, even at very lower price when compared to Alomo. Go to Oyigbo market, just N100 collection will make u agile and last very long wink

Whatever ghana thinks they have and it's superior to our products, ours at reduced cost beat it hands down.

Am waiting for Buhari to amend 2020 budget and include building giant walls at our borders, lock the gates and throw the keys into Pacific Ocean. Time for big brother is over. When are we cutting gas supply to them sef? They are owing us big time.

Clarion call to Nigerians schooling in Ghana to evacuate the country. We have covenant, Bowen and other pleasant private universities here whose standard is more commendable. The other day I visited convenant, I even thought am in Harvard university with display of Pretty girls, serene environment, 24hours light, good ventilation lecture room, good food, etc.

Waiting for those Ghanian monikers to say thrash as usual.

For your photoshoot on pre-wedding, wedding, child dedication, birthday, corporate, holiday, etc, contact me via my signature/profile

410 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by mrsage(m): 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Those our brothers in Ghana will learn how to respect elders...

We will sort them out eventually. We are not that heartless.

131 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by johnmartus(m): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
The border would possibly be reopened this week. Fake hope.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Depressed101: 6:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
Talku talku Ghana �� now una go respect una fada

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Sylraph1: 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
Depressed101:
Talku talku Ghana �� now una go respect una fada
Boarder will be opened next week gbuo unu there...

UNA NEVA SEE ANYTHING

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by upower123(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
Always respect your big brother... Just 2months of closing border... Business are folding up...i thought Ghana can do without Nigeria..it Ghana that need Nigerians to survive so... Keep your business to your self

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by etrouble: 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
The giant is flexing. When Buhari sneezes, Africa shivers. When next you useless burnt offerings see Nigerians in the streets of Accra, prostrate to us.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Kapilta(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
Just30 psychologygh this is 100% fake news grin how many shops una don close now self? E don reach 1000? grin

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Ttalk: 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
Waiting to see the lies those Charlie on this platform will put up

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Depressed101: 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sylraph1:

UNA NEVA SEE ANYTHING
. Bros u for use "dem" instead of "una" i no follow join them grin

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by GodCovenant(m): 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
if Nigerians living in Ghana pull out and sell all their property. the Ghana economy will crash.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
Kapilta:
Just30 psychologygh this is 100% fake news grin how many shops una don close now self? E don reach 1000? grin
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by 24kmagic: 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
Almost all the people above me are rejoicing over this news, and I wonder why?

Na Ghana problem Una want use take console Una selves? Face your own problems abeg.

The only asset Nigeria has in the eyes of the international community is her population, which ironically is a big liability to us.

You guys are indirectly rejoicing over our own problems, cos I doubt if Ghana will be so keen on doing business with 9ja if not for our population, again, something that is a liability to us.

I don't care what happens in Ghana, I care what happens here.

The border has been closed for some few weeks now and it didn't in any way bettered the life of the common man on the street.
I'm not for or against the boarder closure, I'm just after what will benefit ordinary Nigerian.

We as a country are useless, hopeless and absolutely backward.

63 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by GodCovenant(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
some of the companies are Nigeria company that move to Ghana due to electricity problem. we need to considered that also. igbos own many companies there.

6 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by olajizz01(m): 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2019
So Ghana is also one of the senior parasite just like Niger, Benin,all these useless countries that always badmouth and hate Nigeria most esp. Ghana have been put in their place.
If Nigeria want Ghana to be nothing economically,it can be achieved within 6months.

Truely,Nigeria is giant of Africa.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Abfinest007(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2019
I spy with my little eye

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Okoroawusa: 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
24kmagic:

Na Ghana problem Una want use take console Una selves? Face your own problems abeg.

The only asset Nigeria has in the eyes of the international community is her population, which ironically is a big liability to us.

You guys are indirectly rejoicing over our own problems, cos I doubt if Ghana will be so keen on doing business with 9ja if not for our population, again, something that is a liability to us.

The border has been closed for some few weeks now and it didn't in any way bettered the life of the common man on the street.
I'm not for or against the boarder closure, I'm just after what will benefit ordinary Nigerian.

What's your point exactly?... You r confusing me n thunder

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by RTSC: 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
Do not open the border for any reason.
Ungrateful people.

I have never seen a country so small and dependent and yet so loud mouthed and ungrateful.

The fact that they are closing Nigerian shops is enough reason not to open that border for a very long time.

Let them get rich on those closed shops.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Zooposki(f): 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
All Nigerians schooling in Ghana should also pull out. The insults are just too much from these stupid Charlie.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by WonderManly(m): 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
Wetin concern me...

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by lagdmark(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
GodCovenant:
if Nigerians living in Ghana pull out and sell all their property. the Ghana economy will crash.
But some of them are daft to see the facts. Imagine Ghana 30million folks flexing with Nigeria, even south Africa gave up the fight.

16 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Multiplier7(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
The media industry is killing that country. If you see how they paint that community Ghana white and paint other countries especially Nigeria black amazes me.

Ghana is overhyped. And the citizens are really suffering and their government is sugar coating it with economy growth rubbish.

Even Banki moon was in the country paid by their President to come and say about the economic growth just to buy the heart of the gullible Ghanaians due to their upcoming elections.

Both NDC and NPP parties are all the same over there. No difference.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Kapilta(m): 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
Multiplier7:
The media industry is killing that country. If you see how they paint that community Ghana white and paint other countries especially Nigeria black amazes me.

Ghana is overhyped. And the citizens are really suffering and their government is sugar coating it with economy growth rubbish.

Even Banki moon was in the country paid by their President to come and say about the economic growth just to buy the heart of the gullible Ghanaians due to their upcoming elections.

Both NDC and APP parties are all the same over there. No difference.
NPP. I prefer NDC Mahama to this Akufo Addo anyway, he's too old for me and i think he lacks vision, Mahama was turning the country to a tourist country before this one came aboard. I heard Mahama was corrupt sha. At the end we are all Africans, i don't even do all those unnecessary comparisons between africa countries. The only countries i know are so developed in africa are, SA, Algeria, Libya(remove the crisis), Morocco. The rest are all shitholes, some are just more shithole than the rest. So i don't mind ghanaians (especially their medias) when they go on propaganda and lie spree against Nigeria, at least i'm on ground in the country and i know what's up with my own country too, they can only lie to Nigerians that have never crossed the borders not me.

At the end, priding in Africa as a whole and the West Africa is the most important.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Rekhina(f): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sylraph1:

UNA NEVA SEE ANYTHING
they are ur fellow human!
Is dia turn today ,URS tomorrow

And ibu onye Igbo ,ibu Anuohia nna mtchew

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Rosskiki: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2019
24kmagic:

Oh go to hell. Leave the country. You're not needed. Asswipe.

37 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by adedehinbo(m): 9:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
24kmagic:

I am a poultry farmer who has been having increase in patronage due to the boarder closure,time to farm nd be innovative

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Bolustical: 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thought they said Ghana was better than Nigeria.

To both Ghanaians and Nigerians who made this comment, may sense fall on y'all.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by gozmok1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
jlb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by CotenantNIG: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
GIANT OF AFRICA

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
Wailing Ghanz angry angry angry
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Lincoln275(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
It’s very possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Will Never Be President As Long As I Live – Reno Omokri To Peter Obi / Types Of Nigeria Senators / Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.