Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Mumu Nigerians - Power Generation: Jonathan Projects 20,000mw By 2014 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mumu Nigerians - Power Generation: Jonathan Projects 20,000mw By 2014 (2968 Views)

FG Signs $1bn Mou On 1,000MW Plant / $10b Needed Annually To Achieve 40,000mw By 2020 - Nnaji / Power: Jonathan Can Achieve 20,000mw In 4 Years Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Mumu Nigerians - Power Generation: Jonathan Projects 20,000mw By 2014 by netotse(m): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2010
blacksta:

@netnose

please make available the roadmap as mentioned
netnose ke? here it is. . .

@kobojunkie
there's a load survey that was carried out by the systems planning dept of PHCN(actually, it was contracted to a company called tractabel, austrian i think). there was a low growth, medium growth and high growth scenario the high growth scenario for 2011 is 7353MW(dont crucify me o, no be me write the report)

however, since we've never been able to fully satisfy the demand we cant be certain their figure is correct, but they used a variety of methods and came up with similar figures.

personally, i think that figure is wrong cos if power supply improves then all the industries that hitherto chose to generate their own power will opt to tie-in to the national grid and this could spark an exponential increase, dont know if they considered this when they were making their forecasts.

and BTW, the reforms have started, (if you have read the roadmap you'd know that,)the shutdown of utorogu gas plant was indicated in the roadmap, the incorporation of the nigeria bulk electricity trading company(NBET), the gas masterplan etc, they are all part of the plans outlined in the roadmap.

the area where jonathan is ignoring whether on purpose or due to ignorance, is the price inflation that takes place during tendering et al, i'd never had known how large scale it is if i wasn't in the private sector.

(1) (2) (Reply)

People Behind Jaiz Bank- First Islamic Bank In Nigeria. / Learning Cpa As A Skill / How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.