Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On (1970 Views)

Oyo PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Seyi Makinde Attacks Tinubu / Kwankwaso Visits Ademola Adeleke, Osun State PDP Gubernatorial Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by Adverts247: 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
Its Time To Move On

Every General knows when its time to move on. He knows when to call off the battle and prepare for the next war. Above all, he knows when he has given the best and it did not yield the expected results. Perhaps, God, who rules in the affairs of men decided otherwise.

Ever since I decided to run for the governorship seat of Kogi State, the entire exercise has been trailed by controversies. My character has been maligned and I have been blackmailed and betrayed by many, including some people very close to me. In some other instances I was humiliated. But I did not despair or faint. I took it all in my strides, believing that it is the nature of politics in this part of the world.

To prove the genuineness of my ambition I appealed to men and women of goodwill. I spoke on the need for everyone, not only members of my political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to give me a chance. And there is no doubt that we had a good team and one of the best campaigns, spreading to every part of the state.

However, reports from the field in yesterday's election has left me very sad. It turned out that I have become the sole reason for a bitter ethnic war. Fathers turned against their children, brothers against sisters and cousins against uncles.

This is not to say that there were no genuine voters in yesterday's election. Many of our supporters turned out in droves, eager to effect the change we promised and represent. May God bless and reward them all for the tremendous sacrifice and unprecedented commitment to our cause.

Yet, we cannot afford to close our eyes to the reality that stares us in the face. The bitter truth, from reports from the field indicates that our goal may have been abridged midstream. And even though close confidants and acquaintances believe that it is still early to give up, I am old and experienced enough to know when I have been overpowered by a strongman.

Yes, we may have been bitter rivals and ran very bitter campaigns. I was particularly hopeful that the election would go my way. But I'm not naive as not to know when I'm losing as well as when I have been defeated. Now that the ovation is still loud and the euphoria of the election is still high is the best time to drop the towel.

Having considered all options available to me and irrespective of what actions  elders and our party may take in the immediate future, I have come to a conclusion that Governor Yahaya Bello is the winner of yesterday's election, no matter how contrived. As in all contest, a winner has emerged, even the outcome may not be pleasing to us.

I hereby congratulate my brother and friend, Governor Yahaya Bello, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC). I wish him a fruitful second term in office and pray that some of wrongs and issues which came up during the campaigns would be effectively tackled this time around.

It is likewise my advice that Governor Bello should be magnanimous in victory. He should take steps to heal the wounds and take steps to reconcile the state across party lines. Kogi belongs to us all and he must allow all, irrespective of ethnic, religious or other social diversities to coexist in harmony, tolerance and mutual exchange of ideas. We must make Kogi work for all.

To all leaders and members of our party, supporters and other well wishers, I thank you for believing in our project and standing till the end. My fervent prayer is that God shall not abandon you at the point of need. Rest assured that I remain eternally grateful for what you have done for me. 

Above all, let no one consider my stand as an act of cowardice. The late philosopher and music maestro, Bob Marley rightly stated that: "Its he who fights and runs away that lives to fight another day". Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan further counseled that no election is worth the life another human being. For me, this chapter is closed. Tomorrow comes with the morning. There are many victories ahead

Engr. Musa Wada
PDP Governorship Candidate
17th November,2019

Cc:Lalasticlala, mynd44, Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by Sunnymatey(m): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
Lawyers right now
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by hamrad(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
Nice one, thank you for this, hope other politicians will learn from this.
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by futuregovernor: 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
Don't worry sir! Yaya Bello and Buhari rig the election,some day they will pay for their evil

1 Like

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by mrvitalis(m): 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2019
I don't pity poor Nigerians again ...

Oga you are rich go AMD enjoy your wealth ...if poor Kogi people can't defend their votes thats their problem

I have always said it poor people are the problem with nigeria , they are the thugs , they are the one who sale their vote yet they complain the most

I dont pity anyone again ...intact its time to leave Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by Pavarottii(m): 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga you are rich go AMD enjoy your wealth ...if poor Kogi people can't defend their votes thats their problem

I have always said it poor people are the problem with nigeria , they are the thugs , they are the one who sale their vote yet they complain the most

Defend wetyn... Can u defend rigging?
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by mrvitalis(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
Pavarottii:

Defend wetyn... Can u defend rigging?
Sure you can , the poor has no will power that's why they are poor
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by LUGBE: 5:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
The heat will visit those few that reelected Bello and rigged him in, to even think John falek abi what is he called because Bello promise to hand him over.
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by DCmonster: 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
Lmao!
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by Pavarottii(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
mrvitalis:

Sure you can , the poor has no will power that's why they are poor
Can a hungry dog bark?
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by mrvitalis(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
Pavarottii:

Can a hungry dog bark?
Sure they are the most angry .....kwara election has shown if people want change they can achieve it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by Pavarottii(m): 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
mrvitalis:

Sure they are the most angry .....kwara election has shown if people want change they can achieve it
So in ur mind the new kwara governor is working... Go to d state... Was buhari not a change... Are we not more hungry?
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by mrvitalis(m): 5:07am On Nov 18, 2019
Pavarottii:

So in ur mind the new kwara governor is working... Go to d state... Was buhari not a change... Are we not more hungry?
if he fails he should be voted out again till they get the right one

1 Like

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by ChoCho54(f): 5:44am On Nov 18, 2019
Adverts247:
Its Time To Move On

Every General knows when its time to move on. He knows when to call off the battle and prepare for the next war. Above all, he knows when he has given the best and it did not yield the expected results. Perhaps, God, who rules in the affairs of men decided otherwise.

Ever since I decided to run for the governorship seat of Kogi State, the entire exercise has been trailed by controversies. My character has been maligned and I have been blackmailed and betrayed by many, including some people very close to me. In some other instances I was humiliated. But I did not despair or faint. I took it all in my strides, believing that it is the nature of politics in this part of the world.

To prove the genuineness of my ambition I appealed to men and women of goodwill. I spoke on the need for everyone, not only members of my political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to give me a chance. And there is no doubt that we had a good team and one of the best campaigns, spreading to every part of the state.

However, reports from the field in yesterday's election has left me very sad. It turned out that I have become the sole reason for a bitter ethnic war. Fathers turned against their children, brothers against sisters and cousins against uncles.

This is not to say that there were no genuine voters in yesterday's election. Many of our supporters turned out in droves, eager to effect the change we promised and represent. May God bless and reward them all for the tremendous sacrifice and unprecedented commitment to our cause.

Yet, we cannot afford to close our eyes to the reality that stares us in the face. The bitter truth, from reports from the field indicates that our goal may have been abridged midstream. And even though close confidants and acquaintances believe that it is still early to give up, I am old and experienced enough to know when I have been overpowered by a strongman.

Yes, we may have been bitter rivals and ran very bitter campaigns. I was particularly hopeful that the election would go my way. But I'm not naive as not to know when I'm losing as well as when I have been defeated. Now that the ovation is still loud and the euphoria of the election is still high is the best time to drop the towel.

Having considered all options available to me and irrespective of what actions  elders and our party may take in the immediate future, I have come to a conclusion that Governor Yahaya Bello is the winner of yesterday's election, no matter how contrived. As in all contest, a winner has emerged, even the outcome may not be pleasing to us.

I hereby congratulate my brother and friend, Governor Yahaya Bello, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC). I wish him a fruitful second term in office and pray that some of wrongs and issues which came up during the campaigns would be effectively tackled this time around.

It is likewise my advice that Governor Bello should be magnanimous in victory. He should take steps to heal the wounds and take steps to reconcile the state across party lines. Kogi belongs to us all and he must allow all, irrespective of ethnic, religious or other social diversities to coexist in harmony, tolerance and mutual exchange of ideas. We must make Kogi work for all.

To all leaders and members of our party, supporters and other well wishers, I thank you for believing in our project and standing till the end. My fervent prayer is that God shall not abandon you at the point of need. Rest assured that I remain eternally grateful for what you have done for me. 

Above all, let no one consider my stand as an act of cowardice. The late philosopher and music maestro, Bob Marley rightly stated that: "Its he who fights and runs away that lives to fight another day". Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan further counseled that no election is worth the life another human being. For me, this chapter is closed. Tomorrow comes with the morning. There are many victories ahead

Engr. Musa Wada
PDP Governorship Candidate
17th November,2019

Cc:Lalasticlala, mynd44, Seun
This is fake! So fake.
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by ChoCho54(f): 5:48am On Nov 18, 2019
mrvitalis:

Why didn't you worry that this OP has no source?
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by mrvitalis(m): 5:50am On Nov 18, 2019
ChoCho54:
Why didn't you worry that this OP has no source?
U know its Fake but if I was him thats what I would do ....kogi people love suffering ...they didn't stand up enough ..unlike abia where the party messed up ...APC did the right thing here yet the people messed it up
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by ChoCho54(f): 6:01am On Nov 18, 2019
mrvitalis:

U know its Fake but if I was him thats what I would do ....kogi people love suffering ...they didn't stand up enough ..unlike abia where the party messed up ...APC did the right thing here yet the people messed it up
These politicians are using the masses heads as they like. You know I never really followed the build up to bayelsa election and didn't know the Jonathans supported the APC guy. I'm getting tired of this politics without ideology.
While countries around the word are developing, ours is busy shedding blood in every election.

There must be something in that office that makes politicians ready to kill a fellow human to get there.

Instead of the Democratic system to get better, it's getting worse.

During Jonathan's era, there was some palpable calm and we thought political violence was gone with obj, but with arrival of APC and their hordes of desperate power mongers, we are back to square one.

I'm seriously disgusted about this country and it could be getting close for me to go totally apolitical and join my voice with any patriotic civil group to demand a change now!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by mrvitalis(m): 6:05am On Nov 18, 2019
ChoCho54:
These politicians are using the masses heads as they like. You know I never really followed the build up to bayelsa election and didn't know the Jonathans supported the APC guy. I'm getting tired of this politics without ideology.
While countries around the word are developing, ours is busy shedding blood in every election.

There must be something in that office that makes politicians ready to kill a fellow human to get there.

Instead of the Democratic system to get better, it's getting worse.

During Jonathan's era, there was some palpable calm and we thought political violence was gone with obj, but with arrival of APC and their hordes of desperate power mongers, we are bag to square one.

I'm seriously disgusted about this country and it could be getting close for me to go totally apolitical and join my voice with any patriotic civil group to demand a change now!!
APC has brought politics back to 2003 ...back by the south west who want to be president at all cost

Every reasonable person in bayelsa voted Lyon ,he was Jonathan's wife godson ...Jonathan was insulted by Dickson so they all left the party for him I stead to cause problem ,supported Lyon

Don't be surprise if Lyon decamp back before 2023

If bayelsa can stand up ,kwara can no body has an excuse
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by ChoCho54(f): 6:17am On Nov 18, 2019
mrvitalis:

APC has brought politics back to 2003 ...back by the south west who want to be president at all cost

Every reasonable person in bayelsa voted Lyon ,he was Jonathan's wife godson ...Jonathan was insulted by Dickson so they all left the party for him I stead to cause problem ,supported Lyon

Don't be surprise if Lyon decamp back before 2023

If bayelsa can stand up ,kwara can no body has an excuse
Just see kogi for instance, even after APC themselves knew Bello was terrible as a governor, they even released 10b for him few days to the election to empower him to do anything he so wishes as long as he brought back victory. My question is, is Yaya Bello the only candidate in APC? So it's not really about the masses but about themselves.
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by mrvitalis(m): 6:19am On Nov 18, 2019
ChoCho54:
Just see kogi for instance, even after APC themselves knew Bello was terrible as a governor, they even released 10b for him few days to the election to empower him to do anything he so wishes as long as he brought back victory. My question is, is Yaya Bello the only candidate in APC? So it's not really about the masses but about themselves.
Once he promised to back Yoruba's for 2023 they deployed there media and propaganda ....watch how they would paint him when he betrays then soon

1 Like

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Says It's Time To Move On by orisa37: 6:32am On Nov 18, 2019
[quote author=Adverts247 post=84114006]Its Time To Move On

Good Speech.

THE 36 STATES WE HAVE NOW ARE CONSTITUTIONAL. NO GOING BACK ON THAT.

LET US GRANT FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL TO THEM NOW !!!

NIGERIA IS GREATER THAN BUHARI. DON'T MAKE HIM AN ELECTION RIGGING EXPERTS.

GOWON, OBASANJO, BABANGIDA, ABUBAKAR, DANJUMA AND EVEN GOOD LUCK SHOULD HELP NIGERIA SHAME HIS SPONSORS.

(1) (Reply)

Imo State To Uzodima: You Can Become Gov.of Supreme Court, You Did Not Win Imo / Protest Should Be Declared By Imo State / Can You Tell Us Who And Who Own These Caps(photo)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.