Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon (42090 Views)

David Lyon Declared Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Cast His Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by bamoproperty: 11:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
13 things to know about incoming governor
David Lyon has been declared governor-elect of Bayelsa state
- Lyon and 44 other candidates participated in the election
- The governor-elect is 49 years old David Lyon, governorship candidate of the All progressives Congress (APC), has successfully challenged and finally broken the two-decade-old dominance of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on the politics of Bayelsa state.
Lyon emerged winner of the governorship election in the oil-rich-state conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday, November 17. Legit.ng brings the profile of the new Bayelsa state governor for those who do not know him well. 45 candidates representing 45 political parties participated in the election.
Here are 13 things you should know about Lyon
1. His full name is David Lyon Perewonrimi
2. He is the CEO of Darlon Security and Guard, a private security firm in Bayelsa state.
3. He was born into the Olodiana clan of Southern Ijaw local government area of the state.
4. He is a wealthy businessman.
5. He is not a very popular face in the Bayelsa political landscape.
6. He contested under the platform of PDP as an aspirant to represent the Southern Ijaw constituency IV in 2011.
7. He defected from PDP in 2015 to join the ruling APC.
8. He was born on December 20, 1970, in Olugbobiri community.
9. He is 49 years old.
10. He attended Saint Gabriel’s State School Olugbobiri, from 1978 to 1983
11. He attended community secondary school, Olugbobiri, from 1984 to 1988.
12. He went to Rivers State College of Education 13. He possesses a National Certificate of Education (NCE).
Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1276547-bayelsa-election-13-incoming-governor-david-lyon.html

14 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Ayenime: 11:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
noted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Lagosfinder(m): 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ayenime:
noted
na him time

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by netpro(m): 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
Finally the Lion has arrived!

20 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by mumumugu(m): 11:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
after some years,he would come back to PDP

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by tayebest(m): 11:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
Please don't misuse the power given to you! Yhe electorates never forget!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by AllenSpencer: 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
God bless the Ijaw communities

God bless Bayelsa State

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Kestolove(m): 12:06am On Nov 18, 2019
D man no even go skool sef, just nce? He is a lazy man

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Colorado1(m): 12:09am On Nov 18, 2019
Dis man has a striking resemblance with 'evans'

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by GeorgeTheCoder: 12:51am On Nov 18, 2019
Ijaw people Nigerians keep on voting poorly educated people to positions of power. This CV cannot get this man a job as a bank manager.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by realstars: 1:08am On Nov 18, 2019
Congratulations sir, we all are looking forward to seeing you.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 18, 2019
tayebest:
Bayelsa receives the fourth highest allocation in the country and is still a massive shithole. They have had fantastically corrupt governors only interested in embezzling funds.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by mrsage(m): 1:49am On Nov 18, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:
Ijaw people keep on voting poorly educated people to positions of power. This CV cannot get this man a job as a bank manager.

I'm not impressed

10 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Flye: 2:01am On Nov 18, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:
Ijaw people keep on voting poorly educated people to positions of power. This CV cannot get this man a job as a bank manager.

You think success is about certificates?
What have the PhDs and Educated people voted in the past achieved with their certificates?

Average Nigerians always set wrong priorities.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Ultimategeneral: 2:59am On Nov 18, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:
And to think that the phd governor ikpeazu of abia state has done better.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 18, 2019
Why is he looking like Evans?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by helinues: 6:26am On Nov 18, 2019
Congrats to David Lyon. Well deserved victory

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by midnighter(f): 6:27am On Nov 18, 2019
Flye:

You think success is about certificates?
What have the PhDs and Educated people voted in the past achieved with their certificates?

Average Nigerians always set wrong priorities.

Forget it! Even Donald Trump has a certificate...education is necessary for a sitting governor

This is not about success in general but being able to fulfil a particular role and its responsibilities

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by BafanaBafana: 6:28am On Nov 18, 2019
I will get a measure of him when i hear him speak.

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by ednut1(m): 6:28am On Nov 18, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:
gej wey be phd holder. How did he perform as gov and president . Mr kerosene of abia nko

Okezie Ikpeazu returned to the University of Maiduguri for an M.Sc Degree in Biochemical Toxicology and graduated in 1990. In 1994, at the age of 30, he obtained a Doctorate Degree, Ph.D in Biochemical Pharmacology from the University of Calabar.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by anonimi: 6:28am On Nov 18, 2019
tayebest:

You must be joking about Nigerian electorate who are not bothered until it is election time again and they will receive stomach infrastructure to vote the devil whom they know.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-phyaGgNy0Sk/U-DIUmiwLaI/AAAAAAABNqA/Oi4ky_esKd4/s1600/osun4.png[/img]

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 18, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

Tell them, most successful Nigerians ain't even educated that much.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by RamseyBolton: 6:30am On Nov 18, 2019
AllenSpencer:
God bless the Ijaw communities

God bless Bayelsa State

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

Amen, God bless patriotic Nigerians like you too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by solmusdesigns: 6:31am On Nov 18, 2019
grin

Fear go don dey catch Lyon even as he just won, because Bayelsan electorates are now "woke" its either you work or you are booted to the dustbin

The truth is regardless of any fight you have with a political Godfather in a State, if you perform beyond expectation then you would remain in power and even nominate your successor and get peoples vote

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by anonimi: 6:31am On Nov 18, 2019
Ultimategeneral:
And to think that the phd governor ikpeazu of abia state has done better.

This Ikpeazu kerosene governor matter ehn.

Igboblog:
2019 : I Weep For Abians By Wisdom Nwedene (Must Read)

Written by Wisdom Nwedene

Yesterday, pictures of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu branded Tanker distributing free kerosene to people at Umunkpeyi and other locations circulated the social media space.

Many people were seen struggling to get the free kerosene from the tanker.

I was shocked and wept bitterly when I saw the pictures because this is no longer the Abia State I know before.

From Ikpeazu's moves by sharing free kerosene and money to Abians few days to Governorship election, it is crystal clear that he is aware that he has failed the people who entrusted him with power.

I also heard that Ikpeazu said that the dark days are over for the civil servants in Abia State and donated 10 million naira to them.

My question to the civil servants is, will Ikpeazu 10 million naira solve the pains and problems you have been through in the last three and half years?

Let me quickly recall that in the last three and half years, almost all the civil servants in every sector protested over non payments of their salaries.

Let me do flashback, in 2018, the staff of Abia State owned University teaching hospital, Aba protested and cursed Ikpeazu over non-payment of their 9months salary.

The demonstration was staged Inside the premises of the hospital.

Also, in terms of infrastructure, Ikpeazu has not done well.

Let me also draw your mind to the Osisoma Flyover being constructed by Ikpeazu for over three years now.

Despite his promise that the flyover will be completed in January 2019, the truth is that the project has been abandoned.

When it comes to good road, hospital, empowering the farmers, Ikpeazu has not delivered also.

I don't know any reason a true Abia State born should want Ikpeazu to return to the Government House when he has failed to deliver half of the promises he made in 2015.

If you come to Ebonyi State, you will see what Umahi did in terms of infrastructure . He built many flyovers, good roads and empowered farmers. That's what I expected Ikpeazu to do.

Let me make it clear that I'm not from Abia State and didn't receive a dime to pen down this article but as a journalist, I know it is imperative to speak against evils, injustice, hunger, etc when I see them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8937404_img20190307110657_jpeg344d077aaa77a670a015cde12e0a35dd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8937311_fbimg1551906880363_jpeg66c1be60232cccc1d7d86c7035261aed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by freedomchild: 6:31am On Nov 18, 2019
I'm not a fan of APC but i think PDP had failed Bayelsans for years. As they try another party, let's watch there performance. There is nothing as constant as change

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Consultville(m): 6:32am On Nov 18, 2019
Not too impressive profile

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by Realdeals(m): 6:32am On Nov 18, 2019
I think APC deliberately wanted to bury the PDP as an opposition party. They understand the extent PDP can go rigging election and they took vote rigging beyond that level.

Same with individuals, you can't be kind and friendly, when your adversary are ready to take the game to any extent, it will be tit for tat and fire for fire.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by dollarsplenty(m): 6:33am On Nov 18, 2019
a
Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by bewla(m): 6:33am On Nov 18, 2019
Monbo
Re: Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon by contigiency(m): 6:34am On Nov 18, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

When they had the best educated people as governor like Jonathan with Ph.D what did they achieve with it? Only swamp environment, poor electricity, no water, militancy, oil bunkry, etc.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore: Hostage Takers! Tinubu Slept Throughout A Meeting We Attended / "Our Father Died In His Sleep": Akeredolu's Son Pens Eulogy / Is Kashim Zanna, The Chief Judge Of Borno State The Tallest Judge In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.