Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) (21075 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu Marks Her 20th Traditional Marriage Anniversary (Photos) / Buhari Cuts A Cake With Ojukwu During His 70th Birthday (Throwback Photo) / 157 Soldiers Massacred Same Day Service Chiefs Were At APC Rally - Reno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by dfrost: 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
rexchazy:
When u make futher inquiry U will discover it was a black MAN than was given order to kill is fellow countryman. The black race see the white as demigod and I wondered why. I sorry sorry o, I sorry for Africa in Fela's voice

Femi Kuti actually smiley
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by greenguy: 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2019
The irony of it all is that the same issue which instigated the killing of these miners are still very prevalent in many foreign owned manufacturing plants across the country today.

Are we really independent?

1 Like

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by SoNature(m): 12:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
kettykin:
is there a difference between the DNA of the igbos of that Era and the DNA of the igbos of the present Era. Igbos of that generation carried out aba women's riot , Iva Valley resistance, the ekumeku resistance , the Aro / Anglo war , the fight for Independence.

Please what is the present generation offering igbo race , can some one educate me , or has the igbo blood and DNA been diluted with worthless blood from vultures and hyenas.

I don't think igbos are living up to expectation , previously the Soviet Union , Britain and Egypt acknowledged the resilience,fighting spirit of the igbos , but now all i see is compromisers trying their best to confuse the rest of the igbo race

No other Nigerian ethnic group or tribe has pushed for secession than the Igbos of today because it's obvious Nigeria does not work.

And of course, a lot of them have had to pay the ultimate price for it.

In this country, the people and her leaders are a bunch of hypocrites. We all know that Nigeria doesn't have any future, but everyone keeps pretending

4 Likes

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Focusmind: 12:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
I don't know why we just abandoned coal. Coal is a major export commodity that the country could earn so much money from. Nigerian coal is even the best as the carbon content is low just like our oil has a low sulphur content.

forget all these climate change people, coal plants are still being established across Europe and the world - Poland just opened one of the most modern coal fired electricity plant and china is still importing coal to fire its coal plant because of cheap electricity it generate, making their goods competitive and cheap in the international market.

Lets see how we could use coal to generate power here and also for export. Coal powered the European Union countries and America in the 18th century as the energy from coal is one of the cheapest.

6 Likes

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Ebere2020(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
I never knew how this happened. Thanks for this educative piece...
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by GODPUNISHALABI: 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
If it was Hollywood now this story would have made A very good script and such a movie might even hit an Oscar but Nigerians no they prefer acting about igwe lolo olosho nonsense spits

1 Like

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Theboss100(m): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
Officialgarri:
"The labour of our heroes past........ "
Shall never be in vain. But..... but..... but..,.. Unfortunately, [sighs] u kw what i want to say nxt.
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by XchangeCoins(m): 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2019
Focusmind:
I don't know why we just abandoned coal. Coal is a major export commodity that the country could earn so much money from. Nigerian coal is even the best as the carbon content is low just like our oil has a low sulphur content.

forget all these climate change people, coal plants are still being established across Europe and the world - Poland just opened one of the most modern coal fired electricity plant and china is still importing coal to fire its coal plant because of cheap electricity it generate, making their goods competitive and cheap in the international market.

Lets see how we could use coal to generate power here and also for export. Coal powered the European Union countries and America in the 18th century as the energy from coal is one of the cheapest.

Difficult country, everyman for himself, we are not ready to move 4wad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by KingRabota: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2019
I always look at that monument of the coal workers , at new market and Wonder at the injustices and indignities suffered, under the rule of the colonial master's.
Though truth be told they were much more sincere than the politheifs ruling us to ruin today.

Imagine a commission of enquiry established to investigate the incident. Whereas nowadays people get shot everyday and nobody asks anything

4 Likes

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by justli: 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
When men were daring. When the people united against a common external enemy. The Brits stood no chance.

See the Swift with which a resolution was passed.

I really think the defeat of the Igbos in the Biafra war took with it the will of the people to stand up against a tyrannical govt. And that effect permeates the entire nation.

Look what we have as a nation, yet no street protest. Our heroes past would protest an increase in the price of bread.

No electricity, no good roads, trillion generated annually with no accountability, broken educational system, no jobs for the youth, police brutality...the list is endless.

No protest...

And to think the same people who have taken it all are now coming for your life in attempting to murder anyone guilty of hate speech:

Yet we stare defenseless. Smiling in the hope of a better tomorrow.

We all need to read some history. Not just Nigeria, but that of other nations.

4 Likes

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Dedetwo(m): 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
kettykin:
is there a difference between the DNA of the igbos of that Era and the DNA of the igbos of the present Era. Igbos of that generation carried out aba women's riot , Iva Valley resistance, the ekumeku resistance , the Aro / Anglo war , the fight for Independence.

Please what is the present generation offering igbo race , can some one educate me , or has the igbo blood and DNA been diluted with worthless blood from vultures and hyenas.

I don't think igbos are living up to expectation , previously the Soviet Union , Britain and Egypt acknowledged the resilience,fighting spirit of the igbos , but now all i see is compromisers trying their best to confuse the rest of the igbo race

This might be traced to certain women of Igbo ethnicity who have foolishly opened their legs to certain goons from outside Igbo ethnic nationality. What do you expect when few of them are roaming the landscape of shithole called Nigeria donned in Islamic turban?

1 Like

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Advocate500: 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2019
What is the difference between the system then and what we have now in Buhari government. Where police and military will kill innocent protesters and label them terrorist, the reality is that igboman will continue to resist injustice and intimidation no matter what other tribes think about them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by luluosas(m): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2019
And the struggle continues, but now against a fellow countrymen

2 Likes

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by AceRoot(m): 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
mansakhalifa:

If you think or believe that you have read Nigerian history and this episode of it is new to you, then you have to start all over again.
I have the book somewhere on my shelf at home. It was actually written by a British author and academic. In that book, the author stated the British authorities believed that the miners were being encouraged to strike by a radical group known as the "Zikist Movement" thereby, heightening their fears that the strike could metamorphose into something else. That group was later proscribed.

Those officers had zero chill.

I will forever be grateful to the killed miners for such an act of sacrifice in the East. And like it has been mentioned, the Zikist Movement was then considered impudent and ungrateful by the powers that be then. This of course, was in sync with Nnamdi Azikiwe°s American education and inferences dovetailed into his and Nkrumah°s version of Pan-Africanism.

My late Dad, who was a Zikist said an important input from the movement was the emphasis on/of using only his eastern name. Many members even outdid Zik, whose English name was Benjamin, by totally dropping or removing all their English/Christian names through affidavits. As a result, many of us from then onward have our own clan names only.

Thank you again.

3 Likes

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by LZAA: 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
Advocate500:
What is the difference between the system then and what we have now in Buhari government. Where police and military will kill innocent protesters and label them terrorist, the reality is that igboman will continue to resist injustice and intimidation no matter what other tribes think about them.
Afamed and helinues right now
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Adaibeku

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by hardbody: 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
Officialgarri:

Has since become in vain....

So help us God
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2019
Officialgarri:

Is in vain, to be honest.
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by kode12: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
Thebwoy:
Igbo but igbo

So long as there is life, there is hope.

If u Hit south with atomic bomb today, August next year dey have started building mansions on those areas being hitted.

Igbo kwenu!
Your atomic bomb has scattered the entire south already. It has pushed the south into the Atlantic as we speak. It is finished!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
Focusmind:

Aptly put. Seriously most Nigerians are just delusional.
They have no idea. Climate change my foot.

1 Like

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Neddyogu(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
kettykin:

Please what do u mean by DNA being diluted with blood from vultures? Easy to na dis Kain supremacist ideals Adolf Hitler been develop with his Aryan ideaology o. Easy
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Neddyogu(m): 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
kode12:

Your atomic bomb has scattered the entire south already. It has pushed the south into the Atlantic as we speak. It is finished!!!

The atomic bomb hitted the skyscrapers. Chai!
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
LZAA:

Afamed and helinues right now
Cc GMBuharii greenback Adaibeku
They are not happy when they hear that Igbo amaka. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by midnighter(f): 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
Focusmind:

Have we abandoned it In Enugu you can see them packing so much of it every day.

Is it not making money?
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by RedEagle: 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nice that we are remembering history.

1 Like

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2019
rexchazy:
When u make futher inquiry U will discover it was a black MAN than was given order to kill is fellow countryman. The black race see the white as demigod and I wondered why. I sorry sorry o, I sorry for Africa in Fela's voice

Are u well sire?

Please read the article before commenting
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
ezenwajosh:
Igbo's always speaks out against injustice....if its today they will call those workers wailers and miscreants

Some will say Give Nyamiri a job he complains don't give him he complains

Others will say they complain of marginalization even when they are working in coal mine

Meanwhile

Buhari is still alive...in aso rock.
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Nyamiri: 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
Thebwoy:
Igbo but igbo

So long as there is life, there is hope.

If u Hit south with atomic bomb today, August next year dey have started building mansions on those areas being hitted.

Igbo kwenu!

Hitted?
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
ezenwajosh:
Igbo's always speaks out against injustice....if its today they will call those workers wailers and miscreants

Some will say Give Nyamiri a job he complains don't give him he complains

Others will say they complain of marginalization even when they are working in coal mine

Meanwhile
the 8th wonder of the world.
A buhari who became much younger after becoming president
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by kode12: 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
Neddyogu:

The atomic bomb hitted the skyscrapers. Chai!
Na play I dey oooh.
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by rexchazy(m): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Are u well sire?

Please read the article before commenting
Indomie children U lack comprehension to understand what was stated nd my comment. I Dont have time to school you pls
Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by okoroemeka(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
I can remember one year I went to the annual general meeting of Nigeria tobacco co in Nike lake resort in enugu and I met an oyibo man working for eagle mining company,he told me that the coal around enugu state has not been mined 0.1%,that with such billions metric tonnes of coal no tree needed to be cut for charcoal in Nigeria and it can be utilized to power thermal electricity to infinity,now all those former coal mining /oji river thermal station has been left to rot and rust,it's a pity you can't even find a bag of coal in enugu to use for simple barbcue,,very funny coal city state without coal,they say you don't take coal to Newcastle but in Nigeria we are taking charcoal to Newcastle.

1 Like

Re: Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos) by Ebubenwa042(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
The struggle of our heros past shall never be in vain Amen �

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yamah Mohammed: Senators Slam Ambassadorial Nominee Over Comments On APC Crisis / Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume / Fayose Visits Family Of One Of The Doctors Who Died Recently In A Car Crash.pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.