Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud (25190 Views)

Former President Jonathan To Commission Kashimbilla Dam, Airport / Dickson Says November Election Is About Ijaw Nation / APC Took Jonathan To Court For Deploying Army During Elections! See Court Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by Ecstasy154(m): 6:37am On Nov 20, 2019
Success Nwogu and Daniels Igoni

The Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr Seriake Dickson, has said leaders of the All Progressives Congress are using the image of former President Goodluck Jonathan to give legitimacy to the alleged electoral fraud the party committed during the just-concluded governorship election in the state.

Dickson, who stated this during a press conference in Yenagoa on Tuesday, said the move was a strategy designed by the APC leaders to justify the irregularities and the takeover of Bayelsa “by force.”

Some APC leaders, including the governor-elect, David Lyon; Governor of Jigawa State, Abubakar Badaru; Governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu; and the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipreye Sylva, had visited Jonathan after the APC defeated the PDP in the Bayelsa governorship election.

But Dickson said the APC leaders were aware that Jonathan did not contribute to their manipulation of the electoral process to gain the upper hand against the PDP.

The governor said, “That’s why they had to be taking David Lyon to him (Jonathan). They had to be talking about him; they had to visit him and appear to be celebrating a victory never earned.

“Like Pontius Pilate, they are preparing the window by which they will wash their hands strategically, and put it at his (Jonathan) doorstep; that he endorsed, sanctioned (and) legitimised it. That’s the game they are playing,” he added.

Dickson, who stated that he had “implicit confidence” in the judiciary to deliver justice on the pre-election related cases filed before it, called on the people to show restraint and not resort to violence.

Meanwhile, the PDP, on Tuesday, disowned a report that Jonathan risked suspension over the party’s defeat.

The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, in an interview with one of our correspondents said he was unaware of any plan by the party to suspend Jonathan.

Ologbondiyan said, “I am not aware (that Jonathan faces suspension). I am not aware that the PDP is planning anything like that.”

https://punchng.com/apc-using-jonathan-to-legitimise-fraud-says-dickson/

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by ayanfede(m): 6:37am On Nov 20, 2019
OK na
Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by saintokwuluora(m): 6:47am On Nov 20, 2019
Why are you crying big bomboy? You thought you can feed yourself with the hot feeding bottle without your mama? You don pour the food now, wetin remain?

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:48am On Nov 20, 2019
Cry of a drowning man

Baba sorry, for Jonathan to prefer Lyon over your candidate shows you failed woefully as a governor .

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by donbachi(m): 6:49am On Nov 20, 2019
smallboy

1 Like

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by Deomovies: 6:50am On Nov 20, 2019
When you're loss already..... You will use everything to justify it. Meanwhile you can get...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by aolawale025: 6:50am On Nov 20, 2019
Doesn't look like that though.
Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by Greyworld: 6:52am On Nov 20, 2019
If only this could be the new trend. kicking out incompetent leaders and their stooges irrespective of their parties.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by omenka(m): 6:56am On Nov 20, 2019
Haq haq haq. Sai Goodluck Jonathan. Latest star inductee into the Islamic Party. cheesy

The useless humbrella right now

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by spafu(m): 7:13am On Nov 20, 2019
One thing I can say here us for Governors who are ending their second terms to learn how not to impose a successor on their people. Make I kukuma leave politics go look for my daily bread.
Guys, please support me to earn more from my hustling.
With just a click, you would help boost my chances of earning money.
By simply clicking any of the links on my signature would be enough support. Thank you.
Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by maxiuc(m): 7:13am On Nov 20, 2019
cheesy
Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by SoNature(m): 7:13am On Nov 20, 2019
I have never seen any former president who is as disrespected as Jonathan.

Jonathan is the only former president that no junior politician shakes with two hands.

My people, be nice and humble, but everything MUST have a limit.

21 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by realestniggah: 7:13am On Nov 20, 2019
This news concerning bayelsa, Jonathan, kogi state, Dino, and the rest of the unfortunate people, who govern Nigeria just irritate me.

We keep regressing as a nation.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by Guyman02: 7:13am On Nov 20, 2019
The biggest fraud was you Seriake Dickson trying to play James Ibori in Bayelsa by imposing your cousin against popular opinion, in connivance with Uche Secondus the PDP national chairman, because they said Bayelsa is a PDP State and so will vote for PDP even if a goat on the ballot, but they voted for the better candidate irrespective of party affiliation.
You failed in your quest, blame yourself angry

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by Zanotee: 7:13am On Nov 20, 2019
Fool...
Bad loser!

5 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by helinues: 7:13am On Nov 20, 2019
While devil is using Dickson to scattered and bury Pdp finally in Bayelsa

5 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by ursullalinda(f): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2019
If Dickson worked for his people......putting a successor would have been a smooth one for him

13 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by MoIbrahim: 7:14am On Nov 20, 2019
Dickson is a typical example of those who the God's want to destroy, they first make them mad.

I am not a fan of Jonathan, but clearly he is not in the same league with Dickson. By now, Dickson should be assembling elders to go and appeal to Jonathan. Even in hell there is order.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by lonelydora: 7:14am On Nov 20, 2019
Dickson keep quiet. "The stubborn fly follows the dead body to the grave"....says an adage.

And again I say,, Abia state and Igbos have a lot to learn from Bayelsa people.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by ybalogs(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
Oya make attacks dey fly upanda.
Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by ZombieTERROR: 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
Oga Dick son....

Go and sit down

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by hisexcellency34: 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
Leave story jare
Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by ybalogs(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
There's indeed no permanent friend nor foe in politics.
Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by four44: 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
This man shut the f..vck, if that election was rigged, this useless man make it easy for APC to do that, is it not the same state he won his 2nd term under the same APC. He simply betrayed his pple and he is divisive leader. All this APC capitalise on, in corniveness with his people to manipulate the system

6 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by Olukat(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I am tempted to make a comment but I can't grin grin
Is anyone in "sivia" pains? grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by ayukdaboss(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
Lol
Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
Why do all these Bayelsa people look alike? Is it because of the hat?

8 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by Thegoodone13(m): 7:16am On Nov 20, 2019
GEJ thought u a lesson, you will never forgets. GEJ is your master as OBJ thought GEJ lesson then. You have learned your lesson, move on.

7 Likes

Re: Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud by Conceptman: 7:16am On Nov 20, 2019
I'm tired of Nigeria politics, they are all greedy fellows. all these elders should go and sit down, Nigerians should just forget about democracy in this country.call for your aluminium windows in casement, casement burglary embedded, sliding 09034377258whatsapp.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uduaghan Shuts Down Major Roads In Warri For Daughters Wedding / Celebrations Of Buharis Victory From Across The Nation. Videos. / Kamala Harris Shuns Nigeria, Lists Ghana, Tanzania, Zambia For African Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.