Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. (1639 Views)

Peugeot 504 Price In 1975 Vs Price Of Bread In 2024 / Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads / Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by khalhokage(m): 8:10am On Nov 20, 2019
Hello guys, I've always liked old cars and one of my favourite is the Peugeot 504, I'm thinking of buying one soon and I would like to know how difficult it would be and an idea of what it may cost.

I want to leave the exterior mostly intact, but I want to modernize the interior and change some performance parts if possible.

For the interior I'm thinking infotainment system like a display, HiFi speakers, integrated Bluetooth (not FM transmitters) reverse camera, Android carplay if possible etc.

And I'm not talking about generic parts that'll make the whole thing look out of place and hideous.

Is it possible and if it is what could it cost and easy would it be to do?

Re: Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 20, 2019
Good project to work on........... Following

1 Like

Re: Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by AshipaEk0: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2019
it WILL look out of place.
Re: Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by Abortedfetus(m): 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
I can do it for 3million naira
Re: Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by khalhokage(m): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
AshipaEk0:
it WILL look out of place.
Yea, I realise that but hopefully not too much like I've seen in some cars.
Re: Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by Ideylook: 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
Easy to do. I just completed a 504 that now looks like the one in the picture you put here, just a different colour. I left mine completely original and didn’t change a thing.
I would leave the exterior, any changes would just look weird. 504’s are great because they were well designed in the beginning and the shape is now so familiar that any external changes would just look odd.
The interior seating I would leave the same. The seats are incredibly comfortable.
The infotainment system could be a single DIN unit that has an automatic slide up double DIN screen. This would fit in the space provided in the dashboard. These units all come Bluetooth ready and with car play installed. A great stereo system can be easily installed in a 504, easy to configure with heaps of space to do it in. This way there is minimal change to the car.
Very easy to also add key fob central locking. Some subtle interior LED lighting could be added.
As for performance parts I’m not sure what you mean as that mainly pertains to the engine performance. I rebuilt mine as stock but went through everything. I was lucky as the engine in mine was good when I acquired the car.

Either way good luck with the project. Finding a non abused original 504 is not easy but not impossible. Be ready for a lot of work if you buy an aged and abused one. You will have to rebuild It completely if you want it to look fresh and original again. Tips like if you want all the doors to line up like new you must change every door hinge for a new one as these are what make the doors sag.
It was a lot of work but the car is beautiful and always draws people to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by khalhokage(m): 4:54am On Nov 22, 2019
Ideylook:
Easy to do. I just completed a 504 that now looks like the one in the picture you put here, just a different colour. I left mine completely original and didn’t change a thing.
I would leave the exterior, any changes would just look weird. 504’s are great because they were well designed in the beginning and the shape is now so familiar that any external changes would just look odd.
The interior seating I would leave the same. The seats are incredibly comfortable.
The infotainment system could be a single DIN unit that has an automatic slide up double DIN screen. This would fit in the space provided in the dashboard. These units all come Bluetooth ready and with car play installed. A great stereo system can be easily installed in a 504, easy to configure with heaps of space to do it in. This way there is minimal change to the car.
Very easy to also add key fob central locking. Some subtle interior LED lighting could be added.
As for performance parts I’m not sure what you mean as that mainly pertains to the engine performance. I rebuilt mine as stock but went through everything. I was lucky as the engine in mine was good when I acquired the car.

Either way good luck with the project. Finding a non abused original 504 is not easy but not impossible. Be ready for a lot of work if you buy an aged and abused one. You will have to rebuild It completely if you want it to look fresh and original again. Tips like if you want all the doors to line up like new you must change every door hinge for a new one as these are what make the doors sag.

Thanks so much man, I never even considered the key fob central locking, I also like the idea of a slide up screen because I wondered how a conventional system would look in the relatively thin dashboard, as for the exterior modification i actually meant something like swapping out the wheels for retro styled alloy wheels and led brake lights.

Thanks for the tip on the door hinges too.

How expensive was your project?
Re: Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by MusaDanladi1: 7:32am On Nov 22, 2019
Ideylook:

Sir can we Pls see pics of the little modifications you did,
Re: Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by SKhanmi: 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
Op, hope you were referring to these type of rims. Personally that one up there looks bland to me. Seems the oldies like it like that.

Re: Enquiry: Cost And Ease Of Modding A 1980s Peugeot 504 Interior. by khalhokage(m): 6:14am On Nov 24, 2019
SKhanmi:
Op, hope you were referring to these type of rims. Personally that one up there looks bland to me. Seems the oldies like it like that.

Yea these are what I meant, I don't like the low rider look but the rims are on point.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don't Let VIO Catch You, Check If Your Car Has A Fine!!! / Whats The Name Of This Car?(photo) / I Need Advice On How To Maintain A V6 Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.