Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers (26248 Views)

Segun Showunmi Speaks On PDP's Loss In Ondo / Obaseki Leads Wike & PDP Governors On A Thank You Visit To Oba Of Benin(pics) / Hotel Demolition: Uwazurike Should Apologise To Wike - PDP Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by dre11(m): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2019
By Kelvin Ebiri,

Governor Nyesom Wike yesterday expressed concern that the capitulation of the Peoples Democratic Party in neighbouring Bayelsa by the All Progressives Congress (APC) portends danger for Rivers State.

He said with the defeat of the Governor Seriake Dickson-led PDP in Bayelsa, it was apparent that the “next onslaught of the APC would be to capture Rivers State at all cost.”

He relived the fears when the new Amayanabo of Wakrike kingdom and prominent chiefs of Okrika visited him at the Government House, Port Harcourt.

“Unfortunately, one of our states is gone to the enemies. But God will help us. For us who are from Rivers State, we should know that there will be attack on us because the enemy has entered our territory. They will attack us, but with your prayer, Rivers State will prevail,” Wike stated.

The governor said while he tarries in office, anything that would promote the interest of Rivers State would remain his drive.

According to him, “you can be my sister state, if you want to take what belongs to Rivers State, I will not agree. I will not sell Rivers State for any cost. Let us be our brother’s keeper.”

Wike stated that his government belongs to all Rivers people and not for any particular group in the state, lauding the Okrika people for the role they played during the last elections

“The role you played during the last elections showed that when you give your support, you give your support. People should be known for something. If you give your word, you give your word. In my entire political career, I have seen that when Okrika people say they want to do something, they will do it. You are different and I commend you, “ he added.

The governor warned the people against bearing arms, saying that it negates the principle of peace.

To him, the only reason why people get arms was because the “Nigerian Army is now part of elections in Nigeria.”

He charged the monarch to use his position to promote peace and development in Okrika and appealed to him to carry all interest groups along.

Wike explained that the state government would approach the House of Assembly for the amendment of the name of the stool to read: “the Amanyanabo of Okrika “ as requested by the traditional ruler.

Responding, King Alfred Sementari Abam congratulated the governor on his re-election and confirmation of his victory by the Supreme Court.

He said his return was on account of his outstanding performance and projects’ delivery.

The monarch also thanked the governor for the recognition granted his stool after the court judgment.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/pdps-loss-of-bayelsa-poses-serious-threat-to-rivers-says-wike/

1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Smalldick123(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2019
DICK-son will neva go unpunished

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by dre11(m): 8:31am On Nov 20, 2019
Wike: Enemies coming for Rivers after Bayelsa

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has said that his political enemies were now targeting the state after the All Progressives Congress (APC) won the governorship election in Bayelsa State.

Speaking yesterday during a courtesy visit by the Amayanabo of Wakrike Kingdom, Okrika and prominent Chiefs of Okrika, Wike said that God would continue to be on his side, noting that the primary goal of his administration was to promote the interest of Rivers. Wike said: “Unfortunately, one of our states is gone to the enemies. But God will help us. “For us who are from Rivers State, we should know that there will be attack on us because the enemy has entered our territory.

They will attack us, but with your prayer, Rivers State will prevail. “This government is not a government of you are from here or there. My government is a government of Rivers State. It is not a government of a particular place. “Anything that will promote the interest of Rivers State is what I will do. You can be my sister state, if you want to take what belongs to Rivers State, I will not agree. I will not sell Rivers State for any cost.
Let’s be our brother’s keeper.” Wike praised the Okrika people for the role they played during the last elections.

“The role you played during the last elections, showed that when you give your support, you give your support. People should be known for something. “If you give your word, you give your word. In all my political career, I have seen that when Okrika people say they want to do something, they will do it. You are different and I commend you,” he said. The governor, however, warned people against bearing arms, saying that it negates the principle of peace.

He said: “The only reason why people get arms is because the Nigerian Army is now part of elections.” Wike urged the monarch to use his position to promote peace and development in Okrika, appealing to him to carry all interest groups along. Also, he informed that the state would approach the State House of Assem-bly for the amendment of the name of the stool to read “the Amanyanabo of Okrika” as being requested by the traditional ruler.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/11/wike-enemies-coming-for-rivers-after-bayelsa/

The Fear of APC the beginning of wisdom....
They want to turn Nigeria to a 1 party States

9 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by okeyglm: 8:35am On Nov 20, 2019
Smalldick123:
DICK-son will neva go unpunished
both Goodluck and Dickson should be equally punish for allowing enemy into our territory

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by helinues: 8:36am On Nov 20, 2019
Where are the we SE/SS crews

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by voltron14: 8:36am On Nov 20, 2019
dre11:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/11/wike-enemies-coming-for-rivers-after-bayelsa/

The Fear of APC the beginning of wisdom....
They want to turn Nigeria to a 1 party States

APC has the right to contest in any state.

Should the citizens be convinced by the party or even the candidate, there is nothing anybody can do about it.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Okoso1: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2019
[s]
helinues:
How?
[/s]
Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 20, 2019
APC that will collapse by 2023 grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Okoso1: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2019
it'll be almost impossible for APC to take rivers unless Wike defects or decided to play GEJ

Last election in rivers was a proof

Even if river line fall to APC
ikweres will be hard to conquer

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by helinues: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2019
immhotep:

33 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by helinues: 8:41am On Nov 20, 2019
Okoso1:
it'll be almost impossible for APC to take rivers unless Wike defects or decided to play GEJ

Last election in rivers was a proof

Even if river line fall to APC
ikweres will be hard to conquer

3 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by 9jaunite: 8:41am On Nov 20, 2019
Delta next

Having 1 party is dangerous

9 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by franksunny(m): 8:41am On Nov 20, 2019
Delta most threaten grin grin grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Edygrin(m): 8:41am On Nov 20, 2019
It seems the SS is moving on, performance is now the key. If you don't perform then the people will vote for the better candidate regardless of the party. Despite being apologetic to the PDP, i think the people of Abia should move on from PDP. Abia state is probably the dirtiest state in this country, the pdp have been in authority of that state for over 16 years now with nothing to show for it

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by 9jaunite: 8:42am On Nov 20, 2019
franksunny:

SMH
Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 20, 2019
[quote author=helinues post=84194611][/quote]
My personal person.
How groove nagrin

1 Like

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Jovenn1: 8:42am On Nov 20, 2019
Smart man
Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Kuginzi: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2019

10 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by wwwihy: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2019
Wonderful
But you never help your brother to protect the territory

2 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by frowland(m): 8:44am On Nov 20, 2019
okeyglm:

both Goodluck and Dickson should be equally punish for allowing enemy into our territory

Park well man, SS is NOT your territory. Worry about your SE zone.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Lagosfinder(m): 8:44am On Nov 20, 2019
True talk
Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by helinues: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2019
immhotep:

I am a troller person.
How groove nagrin

Did you miss road?

Anyways fixed

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Nyamuriflathead: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2019
franksunny:

You know what's up...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Decolonel(m): 8:45am On Nov 20, 2019
When the Lion is now scared of the jungle

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2019
Gone to the enemies.

Abi renowanker has handed over to wailing duties to wike?

Anyways oga wicked wike, this is the time to man up and pull pdp out of the ashes.

Where were you during the kogi and Bayelsa elections? Nowhere to be found.

Las Las you are pdps past. People like seyi makinde are it's future.

The only thing wike is to pdp is an immature child who has the key to the treasury

5 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Kuginzi: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2019
okeyglm:

Why can't u punish them yourself?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 20, 2019
helinues:

Did you miss road?

Anyways fixed
Come and buy me Hero beer grin
Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Nyamuriflathead: 8:46am On Nov 20, 2019
frowland:

Park well man, SS is NOT your territory. Worry about your SE zone.

You dey mind am?? See e mouth like our territory. Where is he from and what gives him the impetuse to speak for the whole south South?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP’s Loss Of Bayelsa Poses Serious Threat To Rivers by Kuginzi: 8:47am On Nov 20, 2019
immhotep:

Cc lzaa gmbuharii
I think you are part of d reasons Atiku lost. You've started again!!!!

19 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBC & DailyMail Apologize About Nigerian Restaurant Serving Human Flesh Story / Crowds Welcome Fayose In Ekiti After Supreme Court Victory / Governor AbdulRazaq Nominates Joana Nnazua Kolo, 26-year-old As Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.