Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World (60843 Views)

Mo Salah Becomes Second African To Score 100 Premier League Goals / Sadiq Umar Becomes Second Professional Player To Score Hat-Trick In 2021 / Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by showafrica(m): 6:43am On Nov 21, 2019
majamajic:
hmmm

am starting to hate football Small small,

how can u fire a coach u told no money to spend since 3 yrs ago , and u sack him , hire a new coach and u started spending money

why not spend with the old coach , then if he fail then u can sack him

am a mourinho fan , but I hate the way they treated the sacked coach , even though he won nothing , they should have released some money to him after building the stadium .

That's business for you, it happens in all sector. Is mostly due to over familiarity, don't be suprised Man U will now offer pochetino the job with better pay. No sentiment in business, anywhere you are, if you get better offer just leave.

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Beedude(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2019
majamajic:
hmmm

how can u fire a coach u told no money to spend since 3 yrs ago , and u sack him , hire a new coach and u started spending money

am a mourinho fan , but I hate the way they treated the sacked coach , even though he won nothing , they should have released some money to him after building the stadium .

Pochettino should have left after getting to ucl final and clubs like Madrid, Bayern, Man united came knocking. Same thing will happen to Simone soon at Atletico Madrid if he doesn't leave by the end of this season. A man should learn to take his leave when the ovation is high. I have been watching that Man city coach ways of leaving a team and I told someone recently that if Man city mistakenly win the UCL this season, the man will resign and find another team to coach. Most football clubs and fans don't deserve a coach loyalty cos lass lass na only the coach go face the wrath when thing goes wrong. But I'm sure Pochettino will get a top top job better than Tottenham

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by janga02(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2019
gaetano:
So despite all klopp has done for Liverpool, the club is still paying him 7m while pep earns 20m grin
As a football manager your record determines your take home.
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by 9jayes: 6:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Feranchek:

At Man Utd, After Fergie, name one coach that has been as successful as Mou?? And at Chelsea, after Mou, name one coach that has been more successful than him.
Antonio conte, Scolari

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by hustla(m): 6:49am On Nov 21, 2019
majamajic:
hmmm

Didn't he pay 60m+ for Ndombele?

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by MPESA(m): 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
majamajic:
hmmm

That was how they treated Wenger.
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by hustla(m): 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
janga02:
As a football manager your record determines your take home.

Klopp has won more than Emery if I'm not mistaken
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by PreyingMantis(m): 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
majamajic:
they should have released some money to him after building the stadium
Really?
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by 12345baba(m): 6:50am On Nov 21, 2019
Fake news. Tottenham never get balls to spend money like that
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by PassingShot(m): 7:01am On Nov 21, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
And we are still battling with 30 thousand minimum wage in Nigeria

Post wey no make sense.

Do you care to know the minimum wage in UK?

Wail with sense abeg.
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Beverlyjean(f): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2019
Feranchek:

At Man Utd, After Fergie, name one coach that has been as successful as Mou?? And at Chelsea, after Mou, name one coach that has been more successful than him.

Anchelotti won the league with Chelsea... Van gal also tried
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Adakintroy2: 7:05am On Nov 21, 2019
majamajic:
hmmm

Nonmind them money Don come them Wan marry new wife. Big man syndrome. The woman is too bush, not educated enough.

Now they want a top class coach of reckoning.

Who laugh last laugh best. I wish every party involve well.
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by foreshore(m): 7:06am On Nov 21, 2019
kingphilip:
But that of the Liverpool manager is way low. Should be higher by Atleast x2 of what he is presently earning

Go and increase it na
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Awe4luv(m): 7:14am On Nov 21, 2019
Baztardmods:

Sarri at Chelsea then was good, Man U is yet to fix their coaching issue.. he was totally a failure there
sarri wasn't good at Chelsea ahbeg.....he wasn't
we Chelsea fans are never happy with his playing style....lol....sarri was lucky to have that Europa league ahbeg, he's in juve now with better players let's see what become of him come end of season
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by ibnlawal(m): 7:16am On Nov 21, 2019
Nickisindigo:
BBC said 8m you are saying 15m which do we believe
I was kinda confused too....maybe BBC reported the false news buh I will still pick them over dailymail any day.
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Awe4luv(m): 7:16am On Nov 21, 2019
muzzol:

Matt Busby was way more successful at Manchester United than Mourinho....
did mat Busby coach man utd after Fergie's reign.....
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Awe4luv(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2019
majamajic:

can any coach be more successful than Fergie at United ?

u need like 26 yrs to do that remember !
u misquoting the guy, read his comment again and digest......
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by jaxxy(m): 7:19am On Nov 21, 2019
helinues:
Imagine.. And Pochetinno was paid below half of this

What did he win?? To deserve a pay rise. What surprises me is no 3 and 4.
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Barrywhyte1(m): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2019
9jayes:

Antonio conte, Scolari
The fact remains that it was Mourihno who brought Chelsea to the point they are now I mean the guy won the premier league in his first two seasons and established chelsea as a major world force, I am a Manchester United fan and didn't like his tenure at Old Trafford but the fact still remains Mourihno is a legend so stop comparing b class coaches to him as far as I am concerned the only coaches that can be compared to him are pep guardiola, Sir Alex Ferguson, Bryan Robson, Fabio capello Jupp Heycknes, Carlos ancelloti.

5 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Awe4luv(m): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2019
lloyds:
They will sack him some 8-9 months time.

Maureen tactics are outdated and he can't survive without the cheque book.
which coach will survive without the cheque book bro? pep?.....
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 21, 2019
Amozever12:

I wonder ooo. That guy is not worth 5million, abeg. Coach wey no sabi anything

He has jazzed everyone at Barca. His babalawo gave him hot hot cry cry cry
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Kakamorufu(m): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2019
Liverpool stingy sha
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by helinues: 7:21am On Nov 21, 2019
jaxxy:

What did he win?? To deserve a pay rise. What surprises me is no 3 and 4.

And Everton dont have fans?
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by shaklisco(m): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2019
Baztardmods:
He will still fail at Spurs just as he did in Man U and Chelsea
Mourinho never fail at Chelsea check the record sir.
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Barrywhyte1(m): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2019
bayelsaowei:
Barcelona should now sack valverde and replace him with poch...
Pochettino has said it before that he will never coach Barcelona out of respect to espanyol FYI he was a former espanyol coach and player so valverde stays

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Awe4luv(m): 7:24am On Nov 21, 2019
bluefilm:

Wetin be your own?

Is the liverpool klopp complaining?

You think say everybody get money-grabbing mentality like you nigerians?

Nonsense. angry angry angry
bro u are the one talking nonsense oooooo, u remember where liverpool was before klopp signed, with that state they were then how much do u expect Liverpool to pay him and do u think the amount hes earning un Liverpool ain't improved compare to Dortmund where he came from? brother, let him sign another contract now that Liverpool is back among the elite and let's see if he doesn't have a money grabbing mentality.....nonsense!
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Barrywhyte1(m): 7:25am On Nov 21, 2019
fineboynl:
that's too much for for mouri...
but why does Jurgen Klopp of Liverpool accepting for so less?
Did you give him a new contract
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by AcetylLily(f): 7:28am On Nov 21, 2019
kingphilip:
But that of the Liverpool manager is way low. Should be higher by Atleast x2 of what he is presently earning
klopp really deserve more ooo
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 21, 2019
Jurgen Klopp far down the ladder..

Man city manager collecting three times what his teams closest EPL rival manager collects..
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Barrywhyte1(m): 7:30am On Nov 21, 2019
Awe4luv:

bro u are the one talking nonsense oooooo, u remember where liverpool was before klopp signed, with that state they were then how much do u expect Liverpool to pay him and do u think the amount hes earning un Liverpool ain't improved compare to Dortmund where he came from? brother, let him sign another contract now that Liverpool is back among the elite and let's see if he doesn't have a money grabbing mentality.....nonsense!
Guy the contract he signed at that time was 7mil and also when he renewed his contract 2 yrs later so until he gets a new contract where he still earns that do not start cursing for no reason
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Yoighaman(m): 7:30am On Nov 21, 2019
Shollay20:
how much is this money worth in Nigeria? abeg?

My thoughts exactly, £15M na like N6.75B per year, that's about 3% of some state's budget for 2019, damn.
Re: Jose Mourinho Becomes Second Highest-Paid Manager In The World by Laurene: 7:31am On Nov 21, 2019
gaetano:
So despite all klopp has done for Liverpool, the club is still paying him 7m while pep earns 20m grin
yes because pep is better than klopp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Kelechi Iheanacho Breaks World Record In Premier League History / Ronaldo Celebrating His Goal Against Juventus Shirtless (Photos) / How Ronaldo’s Children Reacted When They Saw Him Score A Goal On TV (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.