Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki (16969 Views)

2023 Election: Tambuwal, Peter Obi Meet PDP Caucus In Abuja / APC National Assembly Caucus In Closed-door Meeting / Oshiomhole Attacks Saraki Again, Urges Him To Resign Honorably (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by Alawode01(m): 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
Igbe,igbegbegbe,igbe angry shocked embarassed lipsrsealed cry cry
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by wink2015(m): 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
BAAKUS1447:
Members of the Edo State caucus in the National Assembly have backed the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole, in the battle between him and Governor Godwin Obaseki.

The caucus, which addressed journalists in Abuja on Thursday, blamed the crisis on Obaseki, asking the governor to issue a fresh proclamation for the proper inauguration of the Edo State House of Assembly.

The lawmakers also accused the Deputy Governor, Mr Philip Shaibu, of displaying “shameful acts of indiscipline and political rascality.”

READ ALSO: 29 persons with HIV died during Abalaka’s treatment –Govt

The Deputy Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Peter Akpatason, who spoke on behalf of the caucus, said, “It was at this point that we decided, as responsible parliamentarians duly elected by our constituents, to speak out and restate the following:

“That we, the APC caucus in the National Assembly, hereby, without hesitation, express our undiluted and absolute confidence in the sterling and patriotic leadership of the National Chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole, who has been doing excellently well and won two tough elections.

“We advise Governor Obaseki and his management to appreciate the damage they are doing to the state and party with their undemocratic and unorthodox political actions and to retrace their steps.

“The Governor should issue another proclamation as stipulated in the Constitution and have all the 24 elected members properly inaugurated so they can duly represent their constituents and make invaluable contributions to the growth and development of the state.

“To stop forthwith all forms of intimidation and harassment of elected officials, appointees and perceived enemies.

“Allow peace to reign in Edo State and work to enhance democratic practices by opening up political spaces.”

The National Working Committee of the APC had set up a high-powered fact-finding mission on the crisis.

https://punchng.com/apc-crisis-edo-caucus-in-nass-backs-oshiomhole-attacks-obaseki/

Oshiomole you have done your own as a governor.

What is your business in how the state should be govern?

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by johnmattew: 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
olaolulazio:
That dude is a goner....

Pastor........ Is our next governor.
are u underrating Edo people??...where was oshiomole when PDP won presidential election and most of NASS elections?

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by johnmattew: 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2019
Meteoroid:
Obaseki is finished
lol.....obaseki remains the reason why Edo people still have iota of love for APC.... APC lost most of the last elections in February
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by bravo158: 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2019
Rule of law must reign in the governance.
Meanwhile, learn how to print and sell recharge cards; printing; computer works. call 07088881366
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by drololaaof: 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
Abeg NASS face Julian Assange
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by adm212144: 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
Cherrybae:
God bless the Edo state NASS Caucus for speaking and standing up to uphold the Rule of law.

We the Nigerian youths stand with osho baba
no 1 mumu
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by drololaaof: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
Abeg NASS face Julian Assange to say he is telling lie.
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by kemmylove101: 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2019
morikee:
Osho baba where ur wife na i no dey see her unlike before
I have a feelng they seperated secretly. The woman lives in us and he dey naija.
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by Seankhalifa: 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
Osho baba go Bleep am up.. Fear short guys
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by danot1030: 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
Yankiss:
This is putting the cart before the horse. The National Working Committee should be allowed to mediate in peace. The Assembly should not become polarized between Osho baba and the incumbent Governor. The State chief executive should be given free hand to run the state. He can then be accepted or rejected at the poll. That's my two cent.

You mean no one should say anything even when he's running the state on illegality?
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by PStacks(m): 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
Between Obaseki and Oshiomole. ; A Candid Point of View.
By OMA | 21-11-2019 | Politics |

Learn from the 48 laws of Power
Obashio.jpeg
By the Time Federal Might falls down heavily on Obaseki ehnnn.

He will know all that Gra gra at State level only ends there.

if Obaseki were to be a good student of the laws of Power, he should have known that you never outshine the master.

Atiku tried to be smart with Obasanjo. Today see the result.

Goodluck tried to be smart with obasanjo, see the result.

Ambode tried to outshine Tinubu, see the result.

Dickson was not loyal to Goodluck in the just concluded Bayelsa Elections, see the Results.

Obaseki should know he his threading in territories he should not step.

Obaseki can not lock horns with Oshimole.

it has to go sour for one person and it certainly cant be Oshiomole.

As it Stands today, the Edo Caucus in the National Assembly has aligned with Oshiomole.

my advice is that Obaseki threads softly and with Caution and seek to end this amicably.

https://www.omascope.com/politics/between-obaseki-and-oshiomole-a-candid-point-of-view

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by sizer07: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
olaolulazio:
That dude is a goner....

Pastor........ Is our next governor.

in your wildest dream. Obaseki most surely complete his 8yrs tenure whether in APC or ooanother political plat form. The good thing is that edo people, vast majority are solidly behind him. If oshiomole tried other wise, what every one see in the full glare of light in Kogi is just a tip of an iceberg. Mind you 70% of those thugs that carried out those atrocities in kogi are thugs from edo loyal to the same politicians shoiomole trained and now see them as threats. One thing you most know apparently is that an apprentice in most case turns out to be better than his master. Heads will roll come next year guba election.very plenty heads. We are watching and waiting keenly

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by Essential(m): 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2019
Obaseki is a learner and a baby. I feel sorry for him because he dont know what is coming to him. He has allowed fake politicians to misled him for their own personal gain. The people he have around him have no political influence in edo politics. Osho Baba campaign and fought like mad to win election for all of them against the then might Pdp and Obansajo.
Osho baba single handedly destroyed and crushed pdp in Edo State. They can't even win a local government in Edo state.
The politicians Adams Osho retired in pdp and apc are the ones encouraging Obaseki to pick fight with Osho Baba and also deceiving him that Osho Baba is about to give him the knockout blow that Tinubu gave to Ambode in Lagos.
I like Obaseki and i hope it is not too for him because it seems like the only option available to Osho Baba now is that knockout punch.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by kripen(m): 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2019
Why will they not support osho, just because of their return ticket.
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by KenMosi: 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
4 bedroom bungalow mansion for SALE in ONITSHA.Asking price is 16 million naira, call/chat with the owner on whatsapp via 09032290584 to get more details and pictures of the house.

The house is a 4 mansion bungalow, it has 2 sitting rooms, all the bedrooms has toilet/bathroom, it has a big kitchen with store, the bigger sitting room has a toilet, the compound has 3 block dog cages and a parking store and generator house with an overhead tank.
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by Trimque2k1(m): 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
BAAKUS1447:
Members of the Edo State caucus in the National Assembly have backed the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole, in the battle between him and Governor Godwin Obaseki.

The caucus, which addressed journalists in Abuja on Thursday, blamed the crisis on Obaseki, asking the governor to issue a fresh proclamation for the proper inauguration of the Edo State House of Assembly.

The lawmakers also accused the Deputy Governor, Mr Philip Shaibu, of displaying “shameful acts of indiscipline and political rascality.”

READ ALSO: 29 persons with HIV died during Abalaka’s treatment –Govt

The Deputy Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Peter Akpatason, who spoke on behalf of the caucus, said, “It was at this point that we decided, as responsible parliamentarians duly elected by our constituents, to speak out and restate the following:

“That we, the APC caucus in the National Assembly, hereby, without hesitation, express our undiluted and absolute confidence in the sterling and patriotic leadership of the National Chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole, who has been doing excellently well and won two tough elections.

“We advise Governor Obaseki and his management to appreciate the damage they are doing to the state and party with their undemocratic and unorthodox political actions and to retrace their steps.

“The Governor should issue another proclamation as stipulated in the Constitution and have all the 24 elected members properly inaugurated so they can duly represent their constituents and make invaluable contributions to the growth and development of the state.

“To stop forthwith all forms of intimidation and harassment of elected officials, appointees and perceived enemies.

“Allow peace to reign in Edo State and work to enhance democratic practices by opening up political spaces.”

The National Working Committee of the APC had set up a high-powered fact-finding mission on the crisis.

https://punchng.com/apc-crisis-edo-caucus-in-nass-backs-oshiomhole-attacks-obaseki/
Everyone here on this forum taking sides with Obaseki,are all sympathizers of PDP,else I see only betrayal of trust from both phillip shaibu and Obaseki towards Oshiomole.Oshiomole forced us in Edo to like and vote for this present governor, and we did that as a way of showing our little appreciation for the little job he(Oshiomole) did in Edo state.hes our eye opener here.
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by Tflex01: 3:38pm On Nov 21, 2019
sizer07:

in your wildest dream. Obaseki most surely complete his 8yrs tenure whether in APC or ooanother political plat form. The good thing is that edo people, vast majority are solidly behind him. If oshiomole tried other wise, what every one see in the full glare of light in Kogi is just a tip of an iceberg. Mind you 70% of those thugs that carried out those atrocities in kogi are thugs from edo loyal to the same politicians shoiomole trained and now see them as threats. One thing you most know apparently is that an apprentice in most case turns out to be better than his master. Heads will roll come next year guba election.very plenty heads. We are watching and waiting keenly

Lol.... balderdash!

Oshiomole will never surrender Edo to Obaseki. Not in this life. cool
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by InvertedHammer: 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
mrsfavour:
Oshomole was the labour leader back then,was fighting bad governance,now he has joined the gang, and became the head of it. Ok
/
That's the irony of life.

I expect Sowore to be the worst President if ever elected. There is historic data to back up this assertion--whoever comes to liberate usually ends up worse than the predecessor.

/
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by ekestic1976(f): 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
oluwamile:
.I don't know why most people re ungrateful
I hate betrayals,I don't want to know if there is godfatherism or not,obaseki cudnt av been Edo gov if not for oshiomole
Oshiomole became a governor wit nobody's support except tinubu under ACN,they paid lawyers billions of naira to redeem there stolen mandate from PDP
Obaseki cannot win second term
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by babyfaceafrica: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
That's the irony of life.

I expect Sowore to be the worst President if ever elected. There is historic data to back up this assertion--whoever comes to liberate usually ends up worse than the predecessor.

/

what about Mandela?
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by fredoooooo: 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2019
Obaseki eyes go soon clear grin
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by slivertongue: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2019
wetin concern me. am not from edo.
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by Charly68: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Oshio won two states election at a go why won't the. Party caucus support him ,executive Lawler's lawlessness can not stop the truth from prevailing
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by ernieboy(m): 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
oluwamile:
.I don't know why most people re ungrateful
I hate betrayals,I don't want to know if there is godfatherism or not,obaseki cudnt av been Edo gov if not for oshiomole
Oshiomole became a governor wit nobody's support except tinubu under ACN,they paid lawyers billions of naira to redeem there stolen mandate from PDP
Obaseki cannot win second term
Osho is indeed the most powerful man, he became governor without no one's help the Almighty Osho. Idiot.
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by ernieboy(m): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Cherrybae:
God bless the Edo state NASS Caucus for speaking and standing up to uphold the Rule of law.

We the Nigerian youths stand with osho baba
speak for yourself, all we want is a free and fair election in edo, so we can demistify osho to the whole nation.
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by ernieboy(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
johnmattew:
are u underrating Edo people??...where was oshiomole when PDP won presidential election and most of NASS elections?
I tire for them o, 2 out of the three senatorial seats were won by pdp, in the absence of rigging and intimidation by federal forces, Osho will be floored in edo state.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by ernieboy(m): 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
kemmylove101:

I have a feelng they seperated secretly. The woman lives in us and he dey naija.
most likely, are u telling me that all these months she is living like a celibate while Osho is in Nigeria?
Re: APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki by ernieboy(m): 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
Trimque2k1:
Everyone here on this forum taking sides with Obaseki,are all sympathizers of PDP,else I see only betrayal of trust from both phillip shaibu and Obaseki towards Oshiomole.Oshiomole forced us in Edo to like and vote for this present governor, and we did that as a way of showing our little appreciation for the little job he(Oshiomole) did in Edo state.hes our eye opener here.
I am not a pdp sympathizer, I voted for Osho in his first and second tenure, we all queued behind him when he brought the mantra of one man one vote because we were tired of the state of godftherism under pdp, don't forget that before he came on board there was a movement called" no man is good" which was aimed at salvaging the state from the grip of a godfather. Osho cashed in on this mantra and coupled with his activism during his union days became the people's choice. If Osho is very confident of his popularity let him and inec allow a free and fair election to test his popularity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suswam: We’re In A Bad Situation, Nigeria May Not Exist By 2030 / 2023: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Will Set Tone For Future Politics, Says Remi Tinubu / FEC Approves ₦‎49 Billion For Enugu-Anambra Link Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.