Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? (3299 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / Nigerian Girl With Waist-long Hair (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? by tayolumi(f): 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2010
This is mainly for the men on this forum. I'm doing this survey for a blog about natural hair. With natural hair I don't just mean relaxed hair w/out weave but the kinky, not chemically straighthened hair.
I hope some of you can take their time to answer these questions honestly. You don't have to answer them all sha,  Ladies are also welcome to give their response!

[img]http://1.bp..com/_XVP0MrP2pDI/TKo4BPPYknI/AAAAAAAAHfo/7JjSGg23UHc/s1600/tumblr_l9l9n7ypsy1qccbpdo1_500.jpg[/img]
[b]1. If you had 2 exact same looking girls in front of you, would you rather date the girl with straight hair or the one with natural hair and why?

2. How important is hair to overall attractiveness? Specifically, which styles (down vs. ponytail vs. bun vs. weave) and lengths?

3. Would you support your significant other if she decided to become natural?

4. If your significant other were to go natural, would the texture of her hair affect your opinions on whether she should remain natural or not?(tightly coiled afro vs. curly hanging down hair)

5. Do you like or dislike when your significant other changes her hair style often (i.e. wigs, weaves, braids, flat ironed, wash & go)?

6. Does the amount of time your significant other spends on her hair prove to be problematic?

7. Do you think your companion should consider your opinion when making decisions about her hair? Why do you think women care about a man’s opinion when it relates to hair?

8. How do you feel about satin sleeping bonnets or any type of hair scarf?

9. Does it matter to you whether your significant other’s hair is relaxed or not?

10. Who is your favorite natural celebrity?[/b]

Thanks in advance! grin
Re: Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2010
Natural hair is beautiful. And anything natural is beautiful. But a man should choose a woman well based on her personality not based on such a petty thing like hair. And beside some people hair is too thick to go natural. Like me I can't imagine myself going natural cus I will just look like a crazy lady.

Very interesting topic, waiting for the guys respond on this.

P.S those babes are so cute. Luv their hair.
Re: Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? by InkedNerd(f): 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2010
@OP: Since you said ladies are welcomed to answer, I'll answer them.

1. If you had 2 exact same looking girls in front of you, would you rather date the girl with straight hair or the one with natural hair and why?

I'm not exactly sure how to answer this one since he question is specifically for dudes.

2. How important is hair to overall attractiveness? Specifically, which styles (down vs. ponytail vs. bun vs. weave) and lengths?

I've been with guys with long hair and short hair so its not important to me just as long as it is clean.  

3. Would you support your significant other if she decided to become natural?

Yes, as a matter of fact, there was a guy I was involved with for a while. . . At some point disclosed to me that he wanted to grow locs and I had no problem with it [I'm natural as well by the way].

4. If your significant other were to go natural, would the texture of her hair affect your opinions on whether she should remain natural or not?(tightly coiled afro vs. curly hanging down hair).

No, it doesn't matter how their hair texture is/was. I can't fault them for what grows out of their scalp.  

5. Do you like or dislike when your significant other changes her hair style often (i.e. wigs, weaves, braids, flat ironed, wash & go)?

I could care less, its their hair, their body, their life.

6. Does the amount of time your significant other spends on her hair prove to be problematic?
Ummm, no. Like I said, its their hair, their body, their life.

7. Do you think your companion should consider your opinion when making decisions about her hair? Why do you think women care about a man’s opinion when it relates to hair?

Yes, but in certain situations and to a certain extent. For example, if his hair smelled funky or if one particular style was detrimental to the overall health of their hair. If there was something wrong would be I would rather have someone who cared about me tell me than some random stranger.

8. How do you feel about satin sleeping bonnets or any type of hair scarf?

Although I don't wear them [I hate them] but if I'm with someone and they wanna maintain the health of their hair then they should wear it if that's what they wanna do.

9. Does it matter to you whether your significant others hair is relaxed or not?

Yes, men of color have hair issues as well. Its not just a thing for women of color. If I see a guy who relaxes their hair or has waves that aren't natural I would think that they suffer from the same issues that women of color suffer--feeling as although hair of color needs to be a particular texture in order to be considered nice.  

10. Who is your favorite natural celebrity?

For female, my favorite natural hair celerity would probably have to be Shingai Shoniwa, Tomiko Fraser, or Wakeema Hollis. For male, I don't know [yet].
Re: Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? by tolusaliu: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2010
am back with cool stuffs for you all,am selling italian design shirts for office and casual use ,marks & spencers T-Shirts,TM shirts,prada trousers,gucci trousers,fred frank trousers,D&G trousers,TM,PAUL SMITH,NEXT executive ties with cuff links which are very expensive in boutiques for as low as N3500 and if buying more than one N3000 each.Hurry up now before they are all gone or better still call me to book it down for you so that you still meet them.And once again thank you to all our former esteem customers.

AFOLABI

O8O51175869, 08137391263

THANK YOU.
Re: Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? by iice(f): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
They would date a girl with natural hair.  Woman na woman.  But many would prefer not natural for many reasons.
*shrugs* i'm not really bothered by natural vs not natural, so long as the person's hair is not suffering majorly.
Re: Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 18, 2011
natural hair RULES.

we can straighten, perm, curl, or just wash and let loose.
but we dont have to worry about getting it wet tongue cool cool
Re: Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? by Fhemmmy: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2011
Yes!!!
Re: Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? by ITHANKGOD: 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2011
ofcourse yes cos whether you like it or not its only the natural hair you will wake up at night and morning to see all the time not the fake ones ;Dloool
Re: Would You Date A Girl With Natural Hair? by Stevolin(m): 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2011
Newest thing in the market, U.A.E Arabian (human) hair for sale, 20" and 18" available, please hit me up on stevolin2002@yahoo.com for more info, see different pix attached

(1) (Reply)

Which Body Cream Are You Using Now And How Is It? / MBGN 2013 Contestants In Tradional Attire / OMG! Benue Beauty Queen Shares Nude Photos On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.