Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers (12824 Views)

Ebenezer Babatope: I Asked Jonathan Not To Hand Over To Buhari In 2015 / Ebenezer Babatope: Trump Impeachment, Lesson To Leaders That Power Is Transient / Ebenezer Babatope: Jonathan Will Regret Working For APC's Victory In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by hisexcellency34: 6:41am On Nov 22, 2019
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport, is a member of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he speaks on the just concluded governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa and other issues. Excerpts:

Following the outcome of the Kogi and Bayelsa elections, some members of your party have been calling for the resignation of Prince Uche Secondus, the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). What is your take on that?

I do not think we should blame Secondus for what has happened. It is the APC that we should blame for shamelessly and brazenly rigging the elections. I know certain things are wrong with the APC but I also believe that we should not wash our dirty linens outside. Nobody should make Secondus a scapegoat at all. It is the APC that shamelessly manipulated the election particularly in Kogi. Look at the number of lives that were wasted in Kogi and Bayelsa; human lives means nothing to them. They killed innocent people before, during and after the elections. Even a PDP woman leader was allegedly burnt alive by APC thugs after INEC had declared them the winner. We should hold APC responsible for all the negative things that are happening to democracy in Nigeria today.

Are you not worried that Bayelsa which has always been a PDP state since return of democratic government in 1999 is now in the hands of APC?

In the case of Bayelsa, I hope it is not true that former president Goodluck Jonathan worked against the party and supported the candidate of the APC in the election. If he did so, I am sure that he is going to regret doing so. It has happened before in this country. A leader of the PDP went to rig the election for Adams Oshiomhole in Edo state. He voted and got many PDP supporters to vote against our party’s candidate. Eventually, he died regretting what he did. So, anybody who worked against the interest of the PDP will regret it. But we should not use that to single out Secondus for blame or punishment.

However, I believe that if Bode George had been elected the national chairman of our party, there is no way the APC can be doing what they are doing to our party today. The Bode George I know will not allow them to have a field day manipulating elections like they did in Ekiti and Osun and now, Kogi and Bayelsa. The way Kogi was shamelessly rigged makes me very sad.

Now that the elections are over, what do you think is the way forward for the PDP?

I think the PDP should go back to the drawing board and start restrategising for future elections, especially the 2023 general elections. Like I said earlier, the PDP also deserves some blame for what happened, which I don’t want to mention here. But I believe we should begin preparations for subsequent elections now and ensure what happened during the Kogi and Bayelsa elections do not repeat itself again.

How will you assess INEC’s performance so far, especially when you compare Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, the current INEC chairman to his predecessor, Prof. Attahiru Jega?

Before the elections, I already predicted that INEC cannot guarantee a free and fair election. My views about the current INEC chairman are terrible. Jega was by far better than Prof. Mahmood Yakubu. We should stop using Professors for elections. Let us make use of people who really believed in democracy and who are honest enough to uphold the truth and allow the people of Nigeria to elect leaders of their choice. I am not saying all of them are bad, but there are some of them who are perpetrating intellectual fraud to rig elections. As regards Prof Mahmood Yakubu, that man is endangering our democracy.
https://www.independent.ng/inec-should-stop-using-professors-as-returning-officers-babatope/

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by Abboki: 6:42am On Nov 22, 2019
tongue

11 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by Ashabbiiee: 6:45am On Nov 22, 2019
Agreed. Those professors have been heavily compromised. Some will be struggling to read manipulated results

11 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by angelEmade: 6:53am On Nov 22, 2019
seconded! sex for grades professors rooted in civil sexual and political scandals....
guys visit my signature and start building and hosting your websites

6 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by danwise5: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2019
smiley
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2019
They should come and use your family members abi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2019
Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport, is a member of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
....Says a member of the board of director of the criminal party that brought professors as returning officers on our nation in the first place!
These criminals do think all Nigerians are foolish and forgetful like their foolish wailing supporters.

In the case of Bayelsa, I hope it is not true that former president Goodluck Jonathan worked against the party and supported the candidate of the APC in the election. If he did so, I am sure that he is going to regret doing so
Regret?
Jonathan is in trouble o, from his boys!

I do not think we should blame Secondus for what has happened. It is the APC that we should blame for shamelessly and brazenly rigging the elections.
I should have said what a foolish man, but I was taught not to abuse elders.
May it never be well with PDP that brought rigging elections to our country.
Foolish people that cry wolf when election result do not go their way, but shout this is good for democracy when they win.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by Hubsolar: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2019
God help Nigeria

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide
FrLukas:
They should come and use your family members abi?
Hahaha grin

ddippset:
PDP have got 2 choices, and they must choose one;
1.Remove Secondus.
Or
2.Change his name to Firstdus.
Firstus or better still, Festus is more apt!

ddippset:
Festus

grin
Hahaha grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by Criticaltemp: 7:04am On Nov 22, 2019
Professors that can collect bribe abi? Who should theybnow use, politicians?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by deepwater(f): 7:04am On Nov 22, 2019
Who should they use ?

Marlians ?

By the way has anyone seen the dead meat suya man lately ??

He has been AWOL since the sacking of all VP aides and non payment of N-POWER october 30k

Make una check am o

I hear say hungry don kill am

9 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by aspirebig: 7:04am On Nov 22, 2019
They have reduced Professors to mere messengers for INEC.

Shioor....Professors that ought to soaked themselves in researches,knowledge seeking,book writing,adding new and rare ideas to the body of knowledge, gaining national and international recognitions,going to world best Universities to give lectures,talks, and strictly follow their academic discipline.

Now Professors are roaming about in corridors of powers in all government houses,seeking one manner of appointment to another,some are even vying local government Chairman,some are state government looking for contracts,others are in Federal government looking for a position or another.

Audio Professors..With all our Profs in Engineering, we still have no 24hours electricity in Nigeria.

Recently, some Profs were caught committing plagiarism in writing....

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by airminem(f): 7:04am On Nov 22, 2019
Its the system
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by helinues: 7:04am On Nov 22, 2019
Is Babatope having an agenda for 2023 presidency?

He has been on news lately
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by ogawisdom(m): 7:05am On Nov 22, 2019
Anyone that plays that role will still be compromised

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by ednut1(m): 7:05am On Nov 22, 2019
Wailing is futile under buhari. Next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by agbangam: 7:06am On Nov 22, 2019
APC n PDP are both bad for our democracy.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by SoNature(m): 7:06am On Nov 22, 2019
I was reading to see the alternative he would suggest.

When I saw people of integrity, I stopped reading.

Since APC sold the man at Aso Rock to us as a man of integrity, I have already concluded that there are no men of integrity in this country.

Integrity and Nigeria are mutually exclusive

2 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:07am On Nov 22, 2019
Don't waste your time reading this thread.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by majamajic(m): 7:07am On Nov 22, 2019
whenever I see see some them reading out results

I pity the students

some can't read out what they wrote by themselves , some will need a full 1000 watts see to what they will read

and they are still active not retired

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by Guyman02: 7:07am On Nov 22, 2019
I wonder how the Profs feel announcing Fake INEC results and going back to the classroom to supervise their students against exam malpractice and even been part of panels that punishes erring students shocked

5 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by heckymaicon(m): 7:08am On Nov 22, 2019
Corrupt proffesors expelling students for examination malpractice .

yeye dey smell

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by hisexcellency34: 7:09am On Nov 22, 2019
You mean ?

deepwater:
Who should they use ?

Marlians ?

By the way has anyone seen the dead meat suya man lately ??

He has been AWOL since the sacking of all VP aides and non payment of N-POWER october 30k

Make una check am o

I hear say hungry don kill am

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by dpumppy(m): 7:09am On Nov 22, 2019
Politics is a real dirty game. Dear APC, please takes it easy. PDP weren't this callous when they are in power. Bunch of bad leaders begat unworthy followers.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by Colonelswitz101(m): 7:10am On Nov 22, 2019
Bode George is such a lion n tinubu have bn doggystying his a$$ since wen I can't remember..... I blame yeye hello for lives lost in kogi state n I know karma must visit him or his generations. As for bayelsa election, even as a patriotic PDP member that I am, I would have voted for David Lyon if I were to be from bayelsa state because my loyalty is to my people first before my party. Dickson have bb running bayelsa as if bayelsa a private company n he is the CEO, he got wat he and all other tyrants deserve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by ddippset(m): 7:10am On Nov 22, 2019
PDP have got 2 choices, and they must choose one;

1.Remove Secondus.
Or
2.Change his name to Firstdus.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by PopeFlatino(m): 7:12am On Nov 22, 2019
The best option is to use Reverend father's...it's more preferable

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by ADUBA1(m): 7:12am On Nov 22, 2019
The manipulation happens in the field
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by ddippset(m): 7:12am On Nov 22, 2019
PopeFlatino:
The best option is to use Reverend father's...it's more preferable
grin grin grin

What of Pastor?
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by danot1030: 7:13am On Nov 22, 2019
This man has not overcome the pains of the loses PDP suffered in Kogi and Bayelsa elections.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers by DenreleDave(m): 7:15am On Nov 22, 2019
Let them use carpenters or musicians

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obaseki To Acquire 100 New Buses Ahead Of 2020 National Sports Festival / Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial / Why Abdulahi Yaman Is Kwara’s Best Choice By Abdulfaitai Raheem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.