Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,506 members, 7,854,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

Judge’s Claims In Leaked Tape ‘not Correct,’… Agba Jalingo’s lawyer kicks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge’s Claims In Leaked Tape ‘not Correct,’… Agba Jalingo’s lawyer kicks (730 Views)

Agba Jalingo Finally Released From Detention (Video) / Ben Ayade Apologises To Agba Jalingo, Says Bribery Allegation Against Him False / Agba Jalingo: Ben Ayade Claims Detained Journalist Tried To Overthrow Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Judge’s Claims In Leaked Tape ‘not Correct,’… Agba Jalingo’s lawyer kicks by Shehuyinka: 7:44am On Nov 23, 2019
Judge’s claims in leaked tape ‘not correct, if not fictional’… Agba Jalingo’s lawyer kicks

AGBA JALINGO’s lead counsel, Adeyinka Olumide-Fusika, SAN, has described the comments made by the presiding Federal High Court judge, Simon Amobeda, in a leaked tape as incorrect “if not fictional”.

Jalingo, the Publisher of CrossRiverWatch was charged in August by the Nigeria Police with treason and disturbance of public peace over a publication critical of the Cross River State government.

In an audio recording leaked to the press the previous week, Amobeda alleged that Olumide-Fusika attempted to bring down the court and was noisy two out of three times he appeared before him. He also suggested that the lawyer’s “antecedent” of shouting at judges is why he was denied the Senior Advocate title for 35 years.

Jalingo filed a notice of motion on Wednesday, November 13, requesting for the introduction of an electronic recording system for the trial, which has been ruled to proceed “in camera” and with hidden witness identities.

In an affidavit filed on Tuesday in support of the notice by Olumide-Fusika, he gave his version of the events that took place during the trial on November 12, stressing that he did not stage a walkout.

“To the best of my own knowledge and recollection, after delivering his ruling, His Lordship followed up with a pronouncement standing down the case to 12:00 pm. As I had no other business before the court that morning, I respectfully (in the full glare of everybody in the courtroom) took my bow and exited the courtroom with other members of my defence team,” he narrated.

“I dispute anything said or any impression given to the contrary in any record of the court, especially by the statement allegedly made by His Lordship in the leaked audio.”

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/judges-claims-not-correct-jalingos-lawyer-kicks/

Re: Judge’s Claims In Leaked Tape ‘not Correct,’… Agba Jalingo’s lawyer kicks by Fadomero(m): 7:48am On Nov 23, 2019
Who is dis one abeg

(1) (Reply)

The Senate Has Every Reason To Declare Kalu's Seat Vacant. / Gov Obiano Declares Open Access More With Stanel Master Class(photos) / Presidency Speaks As Buhari’s Daughter, Hanna Flies Presidential Jet For Her Pri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.