Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State (20530 Views)

Pictures Of Matawalle And His 30 Children / Abdulaziz Yari & Kabiru Marafa Dump APC, Defect To PDP / Abdulaziz Yari, The Most Useless Governor In Nigeria - Kadaria Ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by naptu2: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2019
There has been a Twitter war between the present governor of Zamfara State, Dr Bello Matawalle and his predecessor, Senator Abdulaziz Yari, in the past 24 hours.

These are the tweets by Senator Abdulaziz Yari, the governor of Zamfara State from 2011-2019.

Abdulaziz Yari Abubakar @AA_Yari2015

The immediate past governor of Zamfara State, Hon. Abdulaziz Yari, has lambasted his successor, Bello Matawalle, saying the governor knows those behind renewed attacks in the state.

Suspected bandits had killed 14 people in Karaye village, Gummi Local Government Area of Zamfara State on Sunday.

Earlier on Thursday, Mr Matawalle vowed to arrest and appropriately deal with Mr Yari, should there be any breach of the peace in the state while he (Yari) is around.

“I swear, the next time Yari comes to town and there is breach of the peace, I will order for his immediate arrest in the state. In fact, if need be, I will lead the arrest myself in his village of Mafara and I am not joking,” Mr Matawalle warned in a statement by his spokesman

“This was the third time a major breach of peace occured when the former governor is on a visit to the state.

“My victory as the incumbent governor and my success in bringing peace to Zamfara are ordained by God. I will not allow the former governor and his cronies to rubbish our hard-earned peace in the state any more.
“Henceforth,

I will show him that power is now in my hands not in his hands anymore. And we shall appropriately employ it for the benefit and protection of millions of our citizens in the state.”

But in a telephone interview with DAILY NIGERIAN, Mr Yari dismissed Mr Matawalle’s threats and other allegations, saying the governor should check the constitution to see if he has powers to arrest him for visiting the state.

He should check the constitution to see if he has powers to arrest me for visiting my village. My activities are clear.

If my coming to Zamfara is d cause of d attacks, why nothing happens in my village Mafara, where I visit? From Sokoto airport, I go straight to my house in Mafara, & when I finished parley with my relations, political associates & loyalists, I go straight back to d airport from

How and where did I foment any trouble? Let me tell u, I’m not his mate politically. I am far above him. When I was a governor, I mind my business of governance nt issuing empty threats to my opponents. When I was the governor he was too insignificant to even appear in my dreams

My activities in my house at Tatata Mafara are transparent. I visit my village every 30 to 40 days to meet either religious leaders or politicians or traders or local government secretaries or social media promoters.

This is what is bothering him. He is just envious of my political standing in Zamfara.

If he continues leveling wild allegations against me to tarnish my image in the eyes of the public and my supporters, I will sue him for defamation.

The fact of the matter is that the mess is still there in Zamfara. There is no any peace in the state. The governor knows the attackers and killers of Zamfara people because they are his friends.

https://twitter.com/AA_Yari2015/status/1197819565721436161

This is the reply by the current governor.

Dr Bello Matawalle @Bellomatawalle1
Three different attacks were launched everytime the former governor visits the state and that can’t be coincidence, let there be another attack or violence the next time you set foot in zamfara so help me God. Politicizing peoples lives will never hold as long as I’m Governor.

https://twitter.com/Bellomatawalle1/status/1197995452270034946

Since then Senator Yari has been retweeting tweets that are critical of Dr Matawalle.

2 Shares

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 23, 2019
Get off Twitter and take your fight to the streets you punks. angry

23 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by DeeFlask(m): 9:36am On Nov 23, 2019
Buhari should settle it
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by izzou(m): 9:40am On Nov 23, 2019
Two failed slowpokes

Wasn't it the latter that offered 2 million for the identification of the person that tore a Quran?

Anuofias

18 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by decatalyst(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2019
"He was too 'insignificant' to even appear in my dream"

This one hit hard o grin

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Sirjamo: 9:51am On Nov 23, 2019
This accidental governor should know his mate and stop threatening people for a wide allegation he cannot prove.

8 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by teadrake(m): 10:03am On Nov 23, 2019
Two idiots just like Raju and Farhan Rastogi.

5 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by BabaIbo: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2019
Nonsense...

Chai and these ones are some people's leaders, this country ehn

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by realstars: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2019
Should we say thy are POWER DRUNK or DRUNK in POWER?

My concern is the blood of the unknown.

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 23, 2019
Their matter
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Fredlongs(m): 10:14am On Nov 23, 2019
Person wey suppose settle fight de fight... Tofiakwa to governance in this country
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by grandstar(m): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2019
A mineral-rich state now hijacked by criminals. There's simply too much violence in Nigeria.

Niger wanted to build an oil pipeline to the sea. It preferred to build one through the much longer Niger Republic route rather than Nigeria because of militant attacks
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Kingv(m): 10:17am On Nov 23, 2019
Two selfish idiots!!!

Look at our role models. Spits on your future graves
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by ijewejones: 10:17am On Nov 23, 2019
In MI voice:
"Silence is the best answer not violence..that's why i bring war on the violence"

Advice to the current governor is "SILENCE" because he remains the engine room of the state then concentrate on better ways to govern the masses..

Zamfara state isn't "SAFE" with leaders washing themselves on social media

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by chigoziri2403(m): 10:20am On Nov 23, 2019
Look at how these ediots are embarrassing themselves,
Using human lives to settle scores
The dss and nia wont see these ones
Nonsense and bobrisky
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Kuginzi: 10:21am On Nov 23, 2019
izzou:
Two failed slowpokes

Wasn't it the latter that offered 2 million for the identification of the person that tore a Quran?

Anuofias
Igbo Amaka!! You are a religion Fanatics. If the Quran is your problem, then your problem is endless without solution. May u receive brain before the end of December, 2019.

6 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by collinometricx: 10:21am On Nov 23, 2019
That yari of a former governor get puuuuuuuuunch line

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by izzou(m): 10:23am On Nov 23, 2019
Kuginzi:

Igbo Amaka!! You are a religion Fanatics. If the Quran is your problem, then your problem is endless without solution. May u receive brain before the end of December, 2019.

Amen

May I receive more wisdom before the end of the year..

Meanwhile, you can swerve off my mentions and go and reconcile your failed governors on twitter

6 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Ogegeodey(m): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2019
Mr Yari should forget who was what and when. Shatawale sorry Matawalle is governor now and have full powers to discharge his duties as governor. Any threat to state security by anybody whether former gov or whoever should be dealt with decisively. Their children are overseas enjoying good governace.

5 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Isoduwa(m): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2019
Na them them Peter and Paul

P triangle
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Kuginzi: 10:29am On Nov 23, 2019
izzou:

Amen

May I receive more wisdom before the end of the year..

Meanwhile, you can swerve off my mentions and go and reconcile your failed governors on twitter
Then how does Quran or Zamfara state problem affect u?
“Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.” ― Maya Angelou. Say No to Hate Comment and Mind your Business.

3 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2019
Now that you have spoken, please take action next time.
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by shugabasbn: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2019
Yari just has to be tamed, it amazed me that pMB just kept quiet and allowed somebody like Yari to be tormenting his people just for political gains.
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Passionate888: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2019
Buhari sef
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by meum: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2019
shocked
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Jabioro: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2019
I have to coughed for these two idiots..Any away they started hitting below the belt exchanging wordly..I expected the next move to be on public square to complete the threatening... Fools at helm of governance affairs..I am expecting hate speech bill to be sign..hell is better than Nigeria..at least na undie heat... only
Re: Bello Matawalle And Abdulaziz Yari Clash Over Attacks In Zamfara State by Edyice: 10:34am On Nov 23, 2019
LIFELESS :

ABBA kyari : don't say anything let them FIGHT, from their we will form another terrorists group

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Industrialization Grandplan, Akeredolu’s Remarkable Strides In Ondo State / FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo / Lagos APC Faction, Lagos4Lagos Joins PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.