Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,489 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) (35373 Views)

Drone Picture Of Aba-owerri Road Showing How Neat Aba Has Become Recently / Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In / Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by naijadrivablog: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
It is no news that some sections of Onitsha-Owerri Expressway has failed. It was dualised by the President Olusegun Obasanjo administration, but some sections has failed and needs urgent rehabilitation.

Naijadriva observed that bad sections on that Expressway is between Ezeiweka Junction, Onitsha to Awada Obosi (around second gate of Mechanic village Awada). Recently, tankers have fallen on that axis as Naijadriva has reported, even the Onitsha tanker fire that was caused by a fallen petrol tanker.
There is serious traffic jam on that route, as a result of the bad road.

Another section are: between Okija and Ekwusigo LGA, Ihiala section (from Ihiala Local Government Headquarters and just before Amorka in Anambra State), Mgbidi section is the worse (before and after Mgbidi Local Government Headquarters, Imo State).

However, work has started January this year to completely reinstate the failed Onitsha- Owerri Expressway at Ihiala in Anambra State by Federal Road Maintenance Agency, using FERMA Direct Labour.

As at this November, 5,200 square meters carriageway has been Completed, under the leadership of Engr. Nuruddeen A. Rafindadi MD/CEO Federal Road Maintenance Agency.
The Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA) embarked on rehabilitation of Owerri-Onitsha Expressway in compliance with the “Operation Safe Passage Programme” of the Federal Government launched ahead of the 2018 yuletide.

Motorist should note that due to the current rehabilitation on this road, Traffic is diverted to one lane just as you approach TOTAL Filling Station Ihiala, that is, if you are coming from Owerri axis or just after Ihiala LGA Headquarters, if you are coming from Onitsha axis.

See Photos:

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/11/23/check-out-pictures-of-road-rehabilitation-of-onitsha-owerri-road-ihiala-section/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by naijadrivablog: 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
Work is still ongoing.
This section is +-1KM

Impressive

PS: Mgbidi is Oru West LGA headquarters.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by somalianprince: 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
Good job
Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
Hmmmmm
Noted.
Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by nabiz(m): 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2019
All this our leader should learn to keep quite and do the job they are elected to do and stop all the newspaper headline

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Peacemaker5129(f): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2019
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari even though their votes are inconsequential to your victory

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Nwadiuto247: 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
Buhari is doing well in Igbo land but some of my people here (especially the IPOB) do not want to agree because of hatred.

Sometimes i feel flogging them 100 strokes of cain each. Tufiakwa

Dear president Buhari pls continue your good works. Also learn to accept criticism and use it for good

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Nwadiuto247: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari even though their votes are inconsequential to your victory

Yes our votes may be inconsequential but he took an oath to rule Nigeria well and abide by the constitution.

Presidents are elected to rule the country, not to rule some part of the country.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by naijadrivablog: 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is impressive.

They should also rehabilitate Ihiala-Orlu Road, that is, from Total Filling Station Ihiala to Isekke-Awo Idenmili- Orlu road is bad. Also, Orlu-Owerri Road is bad.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2019
So is FERMA Government contractors using government engineers?

Work seems at incredibly slow pace only 5200 sqm that's like 5m of road per day.
Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Kingsley10000: 6:15am On Nov 24, 2019
God bless buhari

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by nototribalist: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2019
So with the massive damage on that road expecially the Mgbidi axis where I snapped this picture my self after standstill for over 4 hrs.

what they sent is Ferma to come and do patch patch instead of Julius Berger. What kind of insult is this.

History has shown in this country that any road Ferma patches gets washed out during raining season after close to a billion has been budgeted for the road.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by naijadrivablog: 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2019
nototribalist:
So with the massive damage on that road expecially the Mbidi axis where I snapped this picture what they sent is Ferma to come and do patch patch instead of Julius Berger.

You are very correct about the Mgbidi axis. It takes longer time to pass through Mgbidi than Ihiala.

5 Likes

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Johans1991: 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

Yes our votes may be inconsequential but he took an oath to rule Nigeria well and abide by the constitution.

Presidents are elected to rule the country, not to rule some part of the country.
u never liked him for ones. You guys hate him that is why you don't appreciate anything done by this government.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by ursullalinda(f): 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nwadiuto247:
Buhari is doing well in Igbo land but some of my people here (especially the IPOB) do not want to agree because of hatred.

Dear president Buhari pls continue your good works. Also learn to accept criticism and use it for good

Doing well how.....all the federal roads down east are death traps and you are talking about doing well....pls pple should learn to leave their comfort zone and travel so they will understand the plight of others when they speak

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Okoroawusa: 11:56pm On Nov 24, 2019
Am travelling this week o!

Well, before I reach Ihiala I will cut from Azia to come out at St Mary's Isseke n head towards Orlu.
Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Lovelies1: 7:38am On Nov 25, 2019
Somewhere in Seoul there's a test on car call self-driving car can such test be flagged off on our lovely road check it out on

https://nevoon..com/2019/11/seoul-and-hyundai-set-to-begin-testing.html

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 25, 2019
I smile smileyI smile

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by WonderManly(m): 7:38am On Nov 25, 2019
Heeeeyyy! They've started laying down the road carpet again!

5 Likes

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Emu4life(m): 7:38am On Nov 25, 2019
Good job FG

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by DrNueLpureHoney: 7:39am On Nov 25, 2019
Cool.... They should also do justice to the Onitsha-Enugu road cod that road is something else
Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 25, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Am travelling this week o!

Well, before I reach Ihiala I will cut from Azia to come out at St Mary's Isseke n head towards Orlu.

Gombe state is not along that road Mr Bichi Mohammed.

Moreover terrorism is not allow in Igboland.

Ask around and stop looking for places to sent your boys to wreck havoc in the name of cow rearers.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by bigpicture001: 7:40am On Nov 25, 2019
somalianprince:
Good job

Which kind of good job....hv u sern such bad road quality on any fedreal govt road.....?

Y is south east all abt rehab nd nvr reconstruction.....?

Tribalistic govt!

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Emu4life(m): 7:40am On Nov 25, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
This is not necessary

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by philemon90: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2019
this place still dey like this nawa for 7years now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by anonimi: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2019
Peacemaker5129:

Audio propaganda media paparazzi to earn the praise of those who don't know better.

8 Likes

Re: Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) by Olaolex: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

because of hatred and lack of joy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl Crush To Death By Dangote Truck In Okene, Kogi (Graphic Photos) / Married Lady Dies In Accident In Makurdi While Trying To Avoid Okada Man (pics) / Rain Falls For The First Time In Maiduguri, Residents Celebrate (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.