Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Toyota Sienna 2006 Vs 2008 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Sienna 2006 Vs 2008 (2135 Views)

Toyota Camry 2006 Vs Toyota Avalon 2007 / Highlander 2006 Vs Lexus RX 330 / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna 2006 Vs 2008 by Kayman3(m): 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
To the professionals in the house, i will like to seek your opinion and professional advice .

Background:
I love toyota sienna due to its roomy and large cargo space. I want to get it for personal use most especially for the comfort of long journey with my family once in a while.

I discovered 2004-2010 Model year are of the same generation.

In the course of pre examination for average price, one of the seller discourage or let me say he gave his opinion that 2008 carried big engine and consumes more fuel that 05 or 06 will be better.
My further findings shows 2006 is equipped with 3.3 L engine while 2008 is with 3.5L.

Please, i will like to know
1. the implication of this big or small engine of a thing
2. The fuel consumption
3. Any other issue that is related to either of them
Re: Toyota Sienna 2006 Vs 2008 by nurey(m): 7:58am On Nov 24, 2019
Kayman3:
To the professionals in the house, i will like to seek your opinion and professional advice .

Background:
I love toyota sienna due to its roomy and large cargo space. I want to get it for personal use most especially for the comfort of long journey with my family once in a while.

I discovered 2004-2010 Model year are of the same generation.

In the course of pre examination for average price, one of the seller discourage or let me say he gave his opinion that 2008 carried big engine and consumes more fuel that 05 or 06 will be better.
My further findings shows 2006 is equipped with 3.3 L engine while 2008 is with 3.5L.

Please, i will like to know
1. the implication of this big or small engine of a thing
2. The fuel consumption
3. Any other issue that is related to either of them

3.5 has a better performance and fuel economy than 3.3. When you get the 3.5 tell your mechanic to check the oil cooler hose and confirm its metallic not rubber. If it's rubber, please buy metallic and replace if it's not too costly to do or better still always check the oil guage regularly, if you notice oil shortage just check the oil cooler hose asap for leakage.

The hose can fail while in motion and Engine would knock, Once aluminum Engine knock, nah replacement sure pass.

pix is the hose am talking about

Re: Toyota Sienna 2006 Vs 2008 by Kayman3(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2019
nurey:

3.5 has a better performance and fuel economy than 3.3. When you get the 3.5 tell your mechanic to check the oil cooler hose and confirm its metallic not rubber. If it's rubber, please buy metallic and replace if it's not too costly to do or better still always check the oil guage regularly, if you notice oil shortage just check the oil cooler hose asap for leakage.

The hose can fail while in motion and Engine would knock, Once aluminum Engine knock, nah replacement sure pass.

pix is the hose am talking about

Thank you for the enlightenment.
I am still expecting responses from the experience user and gurus in the house.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civic or Kia Rio / How Good Are Diesel Engine Cars,plz Anyone? / Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.