Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On (2122 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / Oil Pressure Light Comes On When I Switch On Car Then Goes Off / Car Fan Comes On Randomly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Luckybelt: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
My City goes off at slow speed or while trying to reverse, at that point the battery displays. Happens too often.
Mechanic has worked on the alternator and also changed plugs to no effect.
The transmission of the car is faulty though, I m still waiting to change it soon.
Could the going off issue be linked to gear problem or what could be responsible pls?
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by FEGNO: 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
Alternator is faulty. Either the belt is slack or needs repair/replacement
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Luckybelt: 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
Thank you
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
Same exact issue with my 05 accord.

Transmission won't shift pass 2nd gear, though still managing till am able to get a new one.

Now lately, it goes off just too frequently, sometimes when I put in reverse.

As a matter of fact, whenever I start in the morning to head out, it goes off like 4 times before it normalizes ..

Funny thing though happened yesterday,

I was driving, and the speedometer got to 40, it went off while I was on the main road oo showing the battery sign,

I put it off, tried to restart then no way, it didn't indicate the battery sign in dashboard, and also no light indicated on P as well.

I managed to pull over, left it and went for service.

Came back to it later in the evening, was able to get it to start again.

But then it went off like 3 times again.

So I start, put gear in 2 and fire all the way down to.my compound.

Observation: The driving belt was replaced abt 2 weeks ago but now losed, and its even half way on the power steering roll.

Observation 2 : the Rewire said the alternator doesn't charge as it shd, maybe due to bell

Any idea what the problem could be.
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Billiebaba(m): 12:20am On Dec 31, 2019
samintegrity:

Transmission won't shift pass 2nd gear, though still managing till am able to get a new one.

As a matter of fact, whenever I start in the morning to head out, it goes off like 4 times before it normalizes ..

I was driving, and the speedometer got to 40, it went off while I was on the main road oo showing the battery sign,

I put it off, tried to restart then no way, it didn't indicate the battery sign in dashboard, and also no light indicated on P as well.

Observation: The driving belt was replaced abt 2 weeks ago but now losed, and its even half way on the power steering roll.

Observation 2 : the Rewire said the alternator doesn't charge as it shd, maybe due to bell

Check the tension in the belt. Diagnose the charging system.
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by kkulaja(m): 12:33am On Dec 31, 2019
samintegrity:

A car with faulty gear and u still drive it around?
By the time you are ready for the gear,the engine would ve kaput, cos u are stressing it using gear 2 and still taking it to n fro work
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 9:36am On Dec 31, 2019
kkulaja:

A car with faulty gear and u still drive it around?
By the time you are ready for the gear,the engine would ve kaput, cos u are stressing it using gear 2 and still taking it to n fro work

Bro no vex jare, see ehn If it was left to me alone, na small ish, but becos if the issue, I don't even drive it often, just on Sunday's only to conven family to church.

Abi wetin man go do?
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 9:38am On Dec 31, 2019
Billiebaba:

Check the tension in the belt. Diagnose the charging system.

Ok bro will do just that. Thanks
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Luckybelt: 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
In my own case I was advised to change the alternator. Plan to do that in the new year
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 1:48am On Jan 01, 2020
Luckybelt:
In my own case I was advised to change the alternator. Plan to do that in the new year

Pls do you also experience battery icon not showing up on dashboard and No light on P when it goes off??

Or better still what do you experience when it goes off?

Difficult starting? Crank but won't start?
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Luckybelt: 2:47am On Jan 01, 2020
Let me drive it again today to check. I ve left it for a couple of days, using another car.
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by 9icetoo(m): 11:40am On Jan 01, 2020
Luckybelt:
My City goes off at slow speed or while trying to reverse, at that point the battery displays. Happens too often.
Mechanic has worked on the alternator and also changed plugs to no effect.
The transmission of the car is faulty though, I m still waiting to change it soon.
Could the going off issue be linked to gear problem or what could be responsible pls?

Your transmission is contributing to the problem.
Wash the fuel filter and fuel tank. Had a similar issue. Mine wasn't shutting down though. Just a massive drop in rpm and vibration. Washed fuel filter and tank and the problem went away.
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
Luckybelt:
Let me drive it again today to check. I ve left it for a couple of days, using another car.

Ok bro
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Luckybelt: 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
I hv checked it again. The car goes off when I slow down especially at traffic light or when I want to reverse, the only icon that shows is the battery light. When I restart it, it goes off again as I put it on drive until I try it for a few time placing my leg on the accelerator while starting.
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Luckybelt: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
This is it

Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Luckybelt:
I hv checked it again. The car goes off when I slow down especially at traffic light or when I want to reverse, the only icon that shows is the battery light. When I restart it, it goes off again as I put it on drive until I try it for a few time placing my leg on the accelerator while starting.

Oh. Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
I will take pictures of mine next time it shut off.

It also goes off on reverse, and also when it goes off, It won't show the battery icon, only the oil icon, then the red light on P won't come up too.

Since urs is the battery icon, might be your alternator or fuel pump isn't working properly
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by twinjake: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
The culprit could be one of the Plug Heads/ Caps coil. it needs to be replaced. I have experienced this same issue with Honda Civic 2010.

1 Like

Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
twinjake:
The culprit could be one of the Plug Heads/ Caps coil. it needs to be replaced. I have experienced this same issue with Honda Civic 2010.

Kindly tell us your own experience, any battery icon on dashboard? And where you able to restart once you or experienced car cranks but no start?
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Luckybelt: 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
twinjake:
I have changed all the 8 plugs
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by twinjake: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2020
I'm not referring to the spark plugs but the charge distribution cable Coil that is attached to the spark plug.
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Luckybelt: 9:21am On Jan 03, 2020
Well, my mechanic will work on it next week. i think i trust his judgment.
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 11:13am On Jan 07, 2020
Any update Bro? And how you got it fixed?
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by Luckybelt: 11:42am On Jan 07, 2020
not yet, the mecanic travelled
Re: Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On by samintegrity(m): 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
Luckybelt:
not yet, the mecanic travelled

Ok bro. Keep us posted

(1) (Reply)

What Car Would You Recommend For A Student (every One's Opinion Would Help) / Mayweather Car Collection Burnt To Ashes. / Women Rejoice In Saudi Arabia As They Are Finally Allowed To Drive(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.