Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,222 members, 7,860,415 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires (5150 Views)

The Demystification Of The Jagagban / The Demystification Of A Regional Political Warlord / Fall of Ibrahim Magu: Kyari's Death, Tinubu's Demystification Cost Him Dearly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Bobrisky1: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
grin

ibo people sef, onyeama ruffled them now they want to justify his crime because people own ofshore account

for you info, many people own ofshore accounts to hide asset from divorce, or simply to preserve wealth out of the pry eyes of wicked criminals

David Camerons dad also has his ofshore account and company leaked

[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
Bobrisky1:
[s][/s]
Bobrisky shocked
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2019
A lot of our billionaires are corrupt, yes, but do not confuse corruption with stupidity. This one was stupid.

Once you stop to think about it, it is clearly money laundering. No business has that much liquid cash. Any business that one's to engage in that kind of capex will do it via loans. When did aviation become so profitable in naija?

I think he was laundering money for someone who is getting jittery.

1 Like

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
ornicus:
A lot of our billionaires are corrupt, yes, but do not confuse corruption with stupidity. This one was stupid.

Once you stop to think about it, it is clearly money laundering. No business has that much liquid cash. Any business that one's to engage in that kind of capex will do it via loans. When did aviation become so profitable in naija?

We will soon find out more information from the Department of Justice in the coming weeks.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 24, 2019
Kapeter:
buh this are not the people indicted in the U.S now or why disturbing us with their names now? grin
ibos please go and open your own forum, you are causing headache for sane people on this forum.
undecided
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 25, 2019

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2019
leokid866:

Like if they put you in formation you won't toe the line.....all man na thief....na who dem catch be barawo.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
oz4real83:
I believe Nigeria should be the only country in the world where most richmen have no business addresses or business history. While some only have strong ties with the govt, others just became rich overnight.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2019
DDeliverer:
There is no single role-model in this country. Show me a man that rose from the scratch to a billionaire without stolen money in this Nigeria.

So hard to find. Some where along the line, he must have romanced with the evil men. Nawa
I agree

1 Like

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2019
FrLukas:
The reason why lots of Nigerian youths engage in online fraud is because there are no true role models who can actually write a book on the process in which they made their wealth.

It has always been "it is the grace of God", or "God did it for me".
The role models for the youths can be the Managing Directors of companies who worked their way from the bottom to the top. They should be the inspiration to Nigerians youths that hardwork pays. Not the fantastically corrupt politicians or dubious billionaire businessmen who launder money in offshore havens.

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

The role models for the youths can be the Managing Directors of companies who worked their way from the bottom to the top. They should be the inspiration to Nigerians youths that hardwork pays

True. As long as their track records are there for all to see. No corner cutting.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2019
FrLukas:

True. As long as their track records are there for all to see. No corner cutting.
These are the lights that should be leading the country. They have a track record that is there for all to see.
I believe if they were to be put in charge they will turn the country around in the next decade.
How can we keep recycling the same set of bandits and expect change?It boggles the mind.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

These are the lights that should be leading the country. They have a track record that is there for all to see.
I believe if they were to be put in charge they will turn the country around in the next ten decades.
How can we keep recycling the same set of bandits and expect change?It boggles the mind.

Truth is, you can't hunger for what you've never tasted before.

Most Nigerians don't know what good governance looks like. They've never seen it before.

They think the Europe and America they see in movies came about by luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
FrLukas:

Truth is, you can't hunger for what you've never tasted before.

Most Nigerians don't know what good governance looks like. They've never seen it before.

They think the Europe and America they see in movies came about by luck.
They put their best and brightest in charge who had a had a track record of success in business,academics,military and technology. They always delivered on their promises, even if they collected bribes or inflated contracts.

2 Likes

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

They put their best and brightest in charge who had a had a track record of success in business,academics,military and technology. They always delivered on their promises, even if they collected bribes or inflated contracts.

True. In short, they developed a system that worked and still works.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
FrLukas:

True. In short, they developed a system that worked and still works.
I believe during Gowon regime the system was a little bit efficient. The universities were still regarded as world class and the naira was on par with the dollar and pounds. After you graduated you were guaranteed a job and you could get a brand new Peugeot or Volkwagen for cheap. And we were not yet the corruption and money laundering capital of the world-our leaders were yet to start stashing money in Switzerland,UK,USA,Cayman Islands,Panama, Virgin Islands etc.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

I believe during Gowon regime the system was a little bit efficient. The universities were still regarded as world class and the naira was on par with the dollar and pounds. After you graduated you were guaranteed a job and you could get a brand new peugeot or Volkwagen for cheap. And we were not yet the corruption and money laundering capital of the world-our leaders were yet to start stashing money in Switzerland,UK,USA,Cayman Islands,Panama, Virgin Islands etc.

It wasn't. It's because Nigeria had just been given Independence not so long ago then so things left by the colonialists were still functioning to an extent.

It got worse and worse

That's why we are where we are today.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
Nigeria will rise again one day and prove the world wrong about the black race. We have the some of the brightest minds in the world and has been shown by the success of Nigerians around the world.
Rwanda and Botswana are showing the world blacks can run functional societies.

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
ednut1:
how did he get opl licence in 1990 Why was he arrested in 2009 Why is his edifice in VI BELLA house still seized What happened with his etb bank Bros wake up
He got it from IBB. He was sharing the Niger Delta oil blocks worth billions of dollars to friends,wife tailors etc. This is resources meant for millions of people in the Niger Delta shared to individuals.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
ornicus:

He should have hired the experts used by PDP and APC politicians to help them launder their funds. grin
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 01, 2019
FrLukas:

It wasn't. It's because Nigeria had just been given Independence not so long ago then so things left by the colonialists were still functioning to an extent.

It got worse and worse

That's why we are where we are today.
Why is Rwanda,Namibia and Botswana getting it right and not Nigeria.What is making their country work,we need an African solution we can emulate.Paul Kagame for example is a despot,but making his country work and becoming a prime tourist destination in Africa.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Gazzy88(m): 5:06am On Dec 01, 2019
sodiqapril:

Take Adenuga out of it and include otedola.. Adenuga, Innoson, the man that owns Orange drugs and some very few Igbos are the only clean billionaires we have in Nigeria. The rest especially the northerners are scammers
I'm a typical Yoruba man OK. Adenuga is never clean and you need to start digging deep to history. Babangida owns the money he's using or why did you think he went on exile during Abacha era? Adenuga happened to be IBB confidante cos he was an accountant to IBB. It was Obasanjo that pardoned him before he could return back. I'm sure those in the know would understand the narrative well. I repeat that Mike Adenuga fronts for IBB. Thanks
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Gazzy88(m): 5:21am On Dec 01, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
Obasanjo enriched Dangote, Otedola, Andy Ubah, Adeleke family and others during his privatization scams
Chief among them is Folorunso Alakija.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by stonemasonn: 5:23am On Dec 01, 2019
sassysure:
Yes o.
Name them, the adenugas, dangote, virtually all Nigerian billionnaire executives launder money for politicians. I will rule out innoson because, he would have been pulled down during his fight with gtb had he been into money laundering.

The rest, I'm not sure. People like Ned nwokoro, okorocha ,all northern billionnaire are deep into this shit. What a country
Dangote's only crime might be tax evasion or stocks manipulation, Adenuga probably fronting for treasury looters.
But what can you do in today's Nigeria to become a billionaire from ground up ? Please tell me because I doubt if it is even possible except you're given free oil block or something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 01, 2019
Gazzy88:
Chief among them is Folorunso Alakija.
IBB awarded her the multi billionaire dollar oil block.Alakija was IBB wife Mariam tailor.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 01, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:
Why is Rwanda,Namibia and Botswana getting it right and not Nigeria.What is making their country work,we need an African solution we can emulate.Paul Kagame for example is a despot,but making his country work and becoming a prime tourist destination in Africa.

Obviously, Nigeria is not ripe for democracy.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 01, 2019
stonemasonn:
Dangote's only crime might be tax evasion or stocks manipulation, Adenuga probably fronting for treasury looters.
But what can you do in today's Nigeria to become a billionaire from ground up ? Please tell me because I doubt if it is even possible except you're given free oil block or something.
Go into politics or become a front for fantastically corrupt politicians that loot billions of dollars and need help laundering the money to offshore tax havens.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 01, 2019
stonemasonn:
Tax evasion will nail all of them.The tax collected is looted anyway.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2019
FrLukas:

Obviously, Nigeria is not ripe for democracy.
Not sure what system will work.We have tried military and democracy and both systems have failed.
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:
Not sure what system will work.We have tried military and democracy and both systems have failed.

the thing sef tire me. embarassed
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
FrLukas:

the thing sef tire me. embarassed
angry
Re: The Demystification Of Nigerian Billionaires by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 02, 2019
leokid866:

Like if they put you in formation you won't toe the line.....all man na thief....na who dem catch be barawo.
Lies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Finally Makes Sense Why Buhari Did Not Want Tinubu To Be President. / The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) / EFCC Declares Ex-Gov Audu Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.