Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

The LORD GOD? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The LORD GOD? (584 Views)

Thus Saith The LORD God;There Shall Be Another Bomb Blast In Abuja Prophet Olaye / Urgent Message From The Lord God Almight - Coming Mega Tsunami! / The Lord God Almighty – The Only Holy One, Righteous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The LORD GOD? by e36991: 12:07am On Nov 22, 2010
nuclearboy:

Isaiah 45 verses 5,6 & 7:

5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: the LORD do all these things.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-545999.32.html#msg7104234

In Genesis chapter 1, it is noticed that only God is used through out when giving the creation overview

In Genesis chapter 2:4 onto chapter 3, after an initial 3 use of God, a transition from using God to the LORD God is used

In Genesis chapter 4, a transition from using the LORD God to the Lord is used.

In Genesis chapter 5 onwards, there is a mix-match of using only God or only the Lord.

For what purpose or reasons is God, Lord God, or Lord used particularly in these circumstances, chapters or verses?

Why is only Lord used, why only God used, why only a juxtaposed Lord and God in certain instances?

What objective(s) is the narrator hoping when deliberately and interchangeably using these different nouns?
Re: The LORD GOD? by e36991: 12:09am On Nov 22, 2010
[center]- UNDER CONSTRUCTION -[/center]
[center]WIP - Work in Progress[/center]
[center]- UNDER CONSTRUCTION -[/center]

(1) (Reply)

Goden Job Opportunity / A History Of Secret Human Experiment? / Vision - Anti-christ & 10 Plagues To Set The Bride Free From Egypt To The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.