Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,562 members, 7,827,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp (2441 Views)

120 groups Of APC From Atiku's Camp Join PDP (pictures) / NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others / Dickson Accuses Pro-jonathan Group Of Destabilising Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by silami(m): 2:34am On Nov 22, 2010
Jonathan’s Group Defects to Atiku’s Camp
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja and Mathew Onah in Yola , 11.21.2010
A pro-Goodluck Jonathan Campaign/Supporters group, known as the New Nigeria Project, yesterday defected to the Atiku Campaign Organisation, alleging that President Jonathan has let its members down due to what they referred to his  inability to manage and control security in the country as well as  the persisting Niger Delta crisis.

Also,  weekend,  the  visit of  former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar,  to  the  premises of  Adamawa state Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)  secretariat in Yola , was almost marred, as  party thugs engaged themselves in a free for all confrontation.

Addressing a press conference in Abuja yesterday, National Coordinator of the New Nigeria Project, comprising of 1000 groups out of the 1,750 groups championing the President Jonathan’s Presidency in 2011, Alhaji Abuduallhi Maibirgi, said  his members were defecting to the Atiku Camp  because President Jonathan has allegedly failed them.

“The style of President Goodluck Jonathan leaves much to be desired because he has developed a full head of steam by manipulating his ways than to submit himself for public approval,” Maibirgi alleged. “We have found ourselves supporting a campaign organisation that does not enjoy the acceptability of Nigerians and, more so, when it is evident that the Goodluck group is distracted by its catalogues of failures.”

He listed other reasons for their defection to include alleged insensitivity of the Jonathan Campaign  group to the plights of Nigerians, saying  the wide gap in all sectors of the economy  has defied solutions.

Accordingly, he said  they have found the Atiku Campaign Organisation a better alternative, describing   the former Vice President as a visionary leader and  role model for the current and future Nigerian generation.

Meanwhile, the weekend visit of  former vice president  to  the  premises of  Adamawa state PDP party secretariat , was almost marred, as  party thugs engaged themselves in a free for all.

Atiku, who was visiting the state party secretariat for the first time since 2006 when he was de-registered  from the party in the wake of the third term struggles,  had driven to the secretariat, along Numan road, in a long convoy, with his supporters  singing  and shouting his praises. The situation however degenerated when  another group led by the state PDP youth leader,  Adamu Bakari, began chanting the praises of the state governor.

The ensuing fracas forced the former vice president to remain in the  conference  hall of the secretariat  for   almost one hour before  a combined team of mobile police men and other security operatives could restore  a certain measure of order before he was  driven out.

Addressing   the party executives led by the state  party secretary, Mr.  Philimon Elisha , Atiku however  charged the state party leadership to create a conducive atmosphere that would enable all former  members coming back to the party free access without discrimination to actualize their ambitions.

He stressed that internal democracy within the party was necessary  to strengthen the party, if the party is  to go and face other political parties in the forthcoming general elections.

‘’My feeling is that , any member who wants to contest should be allowed to contest’’  Atiku asserted.

Atiku  told the party leaders that he was prepared to assist the party win the forthcoming general elections, from the ward level to the presidential elections, saying  he as a person has no personal preference for any candidate in the state.

Adding that he has since forgiven any partymen who were  behind his travails  during his trying period when he sought re-entrance back in to the party and his waiver issue.

Atiku,  who disassociated himself, from the recent spate of court cases involving the party and some aggrieved members , said he did not take the party to court either directly or through proxy.

Welcoming Atiku, to the party secretariat, the state party secretary, Elisha, said the former vice president was one of the founding fathers of the party in 1999 and has remained a committed democrat.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201011220956.html
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by HighChief4(m): 2:54am On Nov 22, 2010
Total Rubbish. Atiku is the most naija corrupt politician
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by silami(m): 3:24am On Nov 22, 2010
High_Chief:

And you Can't prove that anyways. not that i am a supporter of his.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by HighChief4(m): 4:28am On Nov 22, 2010
^^^You dont need proves for some obvious truths
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by 1025: 11:37am On Nov 22, 2010

@High_Chief ,
in all ur support for jonathan, can u point to one thing that jonathan has done since he became president or while he was vice president?
a man whose house is on fire does not go after rats.
a typical niger delta as a president does not need 100 yrs to change the hands of time.
if after 6 months or more, jonathan is yet to influence the situation in niger delta or even bayelsa his state, such man will not do anything if u give him 50 yrs.
what after the fall of alams in bayelsa, how did jonathan change the situation of things in the state to be where he is now outside been a shoe licker.
going to rename liberty stadium to awolowo is one of his greatest achievements since he became president so multiply that by 4 yrs and u will know what he will do in the next 4 yrs if he is made president.
u said atiku is corrupt, what about obasanjo and tony annenih who ur jonathan has made his new campeign leader?
if u think jonathan is not corrupt, what about 99.9999999% of his pals and groups?
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by silami(m): 11:50am On Nov 22, 2010
∆∆∆gbam
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by debeginin(m): 11:52am On Nov 22, 2010
Akitu abi akuku is a total rubbish!as much as I hate IBB I would rather he wins instead of dat fool headed,good for nothing Atiku.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by vigasimple(m): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2010
debeginin:

Akitu abi akuku is a total rubbish!as much as I hate IBB I would rather he wins instead of dat fool headed,good for nothing Atiku.

The North are palying their game of divide and rule/conquer.

I care less about any Northern candidates at this point.

GEJ is better than IBB andd Atiku put together. They can continue with their Northern consesus candidate nonsense. The Ciroma group are after their pockets and not of the interest of Nigerians.

YEYE PEOPLE, THEY ARE DUBIUOS.

What happens if ATIKU did not get PDP ticket, they will defect with him to another party, which we all know is what the political Pro -stitute Atiku will do comes tommorrow.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by blacksta(m): 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2010
Nigeria is country made up or full of abnormalities - The truth be said what has GEJ achieved in 6 months of presidency - some say he is laying foundations  - i say fuc k foundations  - In the fast moving world we live - you have quick wins ( obama quickly passed health reform bills, Cameron made quick changes) - the bible says by their fruit you will know them.  In 6 months what tangiable thing has GEJ done the one can i actually touch and see - how long does it take build a dialysis kidney centre or buy equipments for enhance a any centre or others -   GEJ is yesman or puppet being controlled  - i am not an IBB supporter but the truth is IBB  is not a yes man and rather controls people.  I am thinking IBB will achieve far more than GEJ. 

Nja abnormality caused the above thinking
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by silami(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2010
I am not surprise GEJ is a continuation of Visionless govt. He personally doesn't know where he is going, talk less of knowing the direction. if you don't your direction how can you have control? of course you act on what people tell. shikenan.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by naso2(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

The same people that accuse OBJ of achieving nothing in 8 years , are the very same people seeing atiku as a visionary. grin grin So tell me Atiku's vision for the nation and why he could not use his position as VP for 8yrs to influence things and see to the actualisation of that vision?
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by fagin1982(m): 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2010
@ SILAMI

you are just an agent of destruction with your campaign for Atiku, EIYAAAAAAAAAAAAH , Good will always triumph over evil people like you and Atiku,

Foooooooooooolllllllll
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by silami(m): 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2010
na_so:

^^^^^^^^^

The same people that accuse OBJ of achieving nothing in 8 years , are the very same people seeing atiku as a visionary. grin grin So tell me Atiku's vision for the nation and why he could not use his position as VP for 8yrs to influence things and see to the actualisation of that vision?
Never said Atiku is a visionary leader my friend. you should read my post very well i dont either of them.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by silami(m): 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2010
fagin1982:

@ SILAMI

you are just an agent of destruction with your campaign for Atiku, EIYAAAAAAAAAAAAH , Good will always triumph over evil people like you and Atiku,

Foooooooooooolllllllll
Look at this slowpoke. shut up ur gari sucked mouth if you dont have anything to say please and next time try to read and understand a post before before abusing people. you should stop abusing people to rationalize ur lack of courage and ignorance.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by SSaemoenl(m): 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2010
atiku is a COMPLETE GREAT loser Though am not a fan of GEJ
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by ibrolamin(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2010
to be honest goodluck truly has nothing to offer; only empty promises. What has he done or achieved so far. Nothing positive or in fact no meaningful development or even realistic projects on ground. So much funds are set aside/spent on projects without the necessary or significant results which are not even accounted for. Take for instance the N10bn for independence celebrations, $5.6bn for power sector, just to mention a few. It just business as usual for the game of depleting and looting public treasury. The rule remains 'do it smartly & dont get caught'. Nigerians be wise! I must be insane, blind and daft to support or vote such a slow poke who has nothing to offer to this nation come 2011 election.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by SalisuOri: 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2010
Atiku is a seasoned politician for all his faults. However he is not presidential material, let us not forget he was de facto president for a long period and achieved very little. He will always hold sway in nigerian politics though.

GEJ has achieved zero in his 6 months. The nigerians gave him 6 months free trial, he cannot now say that he needs more time, 6 months free reign is enough time to see the mettle of a president. Jonathan is not a president, he doesn't have the personality to control all the vultures within top rank politics in nigeria. A president has to garner respect, but how can a man who has never been elected to any post, and has landed the presidency by fluke gain political respect? Politics is not a fairytale, you can become president by luck for 6 months, but that does not mean you will be a good leader, that part comes down to the strength of the man, and Jonathan is not a born leader.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by tchituz(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2010
if dey lyk dey should defect to my camp.all i know is come 2011 GEJ wuld win , d truth is dat even atiku knows he's lost alreadi,
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by 1025: 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2010
in his position as the incumbent president of nigeria, only jonathan can face this kind of oposition that he is facing because he just has nothing to offer.
even me, if i have just half of what jonathan has, i will convience every nigerian on the need to have me back in aso rock come 2011.
ibb and atiku are proven failures but jonathan looks more of a failure given his time in office.
what does it cause jonathan to start projects here and there and nigerians will have reasons to vote him back rather than going out there to change liberty stadium to awolowo stadium.
if he even say only abuja will have steady power supply come december while others will take another 6 months or one year, he will be sending a strong massage to the ppl.
it is obvious that the only hope of jonathan and co will be rigging as usual but anything can happen with hausa man as the inec chairman while we look at other areas of it, aguiyi ironsi might be waiting for the next eastern president victim where ever he is.
i will advise jonathan to be careful before they destroy him.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by gamesb: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2010
SalisuOri   Re: Jonathan’s Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp
« #16 on: Today at 02:14:17 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atiku is a seasoned politician for all his faults. However he is not presidential material, let us not forget he was de facto president for a long period and achieved very little. He will always hold sway in nigerian politics though.

GEJ has achieved zero in his 6 months. The nigerians gave him 6 months free trial, he cannot now say that he needs more time, 6 months free reign is enough time to see the mettle of a president. Jonathan is not a president, he doesn't have the personality to control all the vultures within top rank politics in nigeria. A president has to garner respect, but how can a man who has never been elected to any post, and has landed the presidency by fluke gain political respect? Politics is not a fairytale, you can become president by luck for 6 months, but that does not mean you will be a good leader, that part comes down to the strength of the man, and Jonathan is not a born leader.

i do not blame poeple like u , because u do not know modern goverance , u poeple like poeple that kills, arrest & intimidate the masses. u don't like  gentle rulership , servant leader , wat u like is crooks. u said a president has to garner respect as in wat kill people abi. u people should leave GEJ alone let  him rule we 95% of the masses we like him to continue till 2015.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by bisiaet: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2010
It is free world ofcourse, if the report was true afterall dont we know how many politicans that defected? Even governor defected we all knows it many are political shoppers so I am nt really expecting anything serious from them so is not new thing to defect as far as Nigeria politics is concern is even better for them to find their exit before they cause trouble in GEJ camp.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by GBT(m): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2010
Honestly what with you folks ? what's the point as these individuals are not the best and the fact is should not even be at the helms of affairs but unfortunately Nigeria is manage by these individuals directly or indirectly.
It is sad that we can not a better candidate maybe because of the dirty politis involved or the cost or the ones that can make a difference will not be allow in? sincerely the country deserves a better individual ( male or female).
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by ugoani(m): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2010
The motive behind decamping am sure is well understood issue in naija ( Atiku have paid the highest)
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by Geometrix(m): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
Seriously thinking about GEJ chances of clinching his party's ticket in d short run with what is happening at d national assembly where he is fighting a survival war of his political dynasty,it seems 2 me dat d north are playing their card well,all those his proponents 4rm that axis ditching him in d final moments.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by sweet9ja: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2010
Ah! Let them go. They where in the first place not working for GEJ or naija, these people are for sale to the highest bidder. I won't be surprise if in a couple of weeks, I read they've again "decamp" to IBB. Idiots, they think we are all fools.
My question for those who claim that GEJ have nothing to show for his six months in office is: what has their champions IBB and AA got got show for their period in power? The evil genius had every opportunity to transform naija from underdeveloped to a developing country (afterall he had no constitutional constraint or parlement to contend with) instead he went on killing and looting spree. As for Atiku, don't expect anything.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by aikokoro: 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2010
u guys should just take a chill pill & relax!! GEJ is not God! There is no way in hell he's gonna make the sort of impact you guys want or are expecting considering the kind deep s h i t this country was and is in. GEJ has really tried within the little time (6 months  ). cut the guy a little slack!
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by silami(m): 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
Na wao even Nairaland dey do politics on which topic appears on the fron page. this topic was briefly on the front page and now removed.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by slap1(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2010
A former customs officer now a trillonaire. And some people see him as an angel. What did he and OBJ do with the PTDF and police fund?
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by 9ijaMan: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2010
aikokoro:

u guys should just take a chill pill & relax!! GEJ is not God! There is no way in hell he's gonna make the sort of impact you guys want or are expecting considering the kind deep s h i t this country was and is in. GEJ has really tried within the little time (6 months  ). cut the guy a little slack!

@ aikokoro,
Kindly provide evidence for your assertion (in bold) above. What exactly has GEJ achieved in 6 months? By the way, you need not look too far, you can also take your time to figure out what GEJ achieved in Bayelsa state while he was Governor for almost 2 years.

For the die hard supporters of GEJ, why does it bother you so much when the so called northerners are able to play their cards correctly, when team GEJ has consistently goofed all the way? I urge you all to shine ya eyes o!
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by Ess: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
silami:

Na wao even Nairaland dey do politics on which topic appears on the fron page. this topic was briefly on the front page and now removed.

Na so me see am tooo!!! Shame on Nairaland for showing its side.
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by ohaechesi(m): 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2010
Men this thread is not worth being on the front page because it makes no meaning, period
Re: Former Jonathan Group Defects To Atiku’s Camp by vigasimple(m): 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2010
Those people started to defect once they heared the rumours that ATIKU is the consesus candidate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! / Battle For Bama -boko Haram Strom Bama, Borno, Nigerian Army Repelled Attack / Keke Napep Driver Fighting Nude With Vio (vehicle Inspection Officer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.