Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud (35358 Views)

Court Jails 2 Yahoo Boys For N1.3 Billion Fraud In Benin. / Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud / Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by bluefilm: 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hushpoopi should be warming up wherever he is.

Something tells me he's next! grin grin grin
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Desmond007guy: 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2019
; grin grin
Elvinho2244:
See money my guy.... shocked shocked sad

I follow this useless Mompha on Instagram, e never one day do giveaway, buh go dey post porche cars and wrist watches... suffer alone idiot
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by bigpicture001: 8:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
taiwoawoniyi:
This is a serious case.
If the EFCC has a quarter of the skills the IRS has, then Mompha has a very incriminating case before him.

If they've concrete evidence, they should freeze all his accounts, give him serious jail time and make him a scape goat to others.

Internet fraud has made us to look like an entirely thieving nation. This dissuades other countries from awarding good opportunities to "Nigerians".

If Mompha (big fish) can be punished, then all these small 419s will have small sense and go find something legal to do.

Wen I started with ur response I was eager to hear somthing reasonable...but going down, I reaslize I was wasting my time..u couldnt even built an exciting idea...

Now that he kept money in his acct using his company is a big fraud..?

I wanted to read stuffs like that "you, ismaila mompha using the internet, duped one mrs goshead of the united arab emirate of 55,000 dollars in 2013.. transfered the money to acct in the US...etc....but alas! no case...just a pul him down syndrone
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Agent23(m): 8:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
I remember when TundeEdnut was hailing mompha for sending money for his Wednesday giveaway. So this guy na fraudster chai!
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hedonini:

How he or anyone else amassed their wealth should neither be your business nor mine. If everyone blabs about their money making secret, then they would soon lose their money because predators, parasites and vultures like you would feast on it and saturate it. That's why nobody owes the public any stupid explanation. God knows I I rather die than explain how I make money to any bastard. The public is never interested in knowing how you amassed poverty. They only rear their ugly, envious necks when you succeed in whatever you're doing after suffering for long, whether legal or illegal. God punish them.

The key issue is this: If crimes have been committed, the onus is on the accuser to prove. In this case, the EFCC is the accuser, and they have listed the purported accusations against Mompha (go and read the so-called 14 count charges again again). Where in these accusations is "Internet fraud" or "419" mentioned? That's the question you should answer since you brought it up.

Hello sir, actually, the source of people's wealth should be vetted very stringently and carefully. In other developed climes, you cannot just "blow". The Revenue Agencies will track you and demand an explanation for how you got your wealth.

You can't just have a sudden influx of money into your account in the US. Your account will be temp. frozen and you will be asked how you got into such money. If you can explain, fine. If you can't, trouble looms.

Our problem is that we celebrate unverifiable wealth.

As I also said, I heard that he was into internet fraud. It might not be in the charges but I'm answering based on the previous charges that were brought against him.

You OWE everybody an explanation concerning your wealth.

Bill Gates is constantly at war with the IRS. They vet his accounts every time. They even vetted the accounts of Donald trump - their own president - lsat week or so.

PS: Please tone down your anger and hate. E no epp anybody.

Tainz
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by KenMosi: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2019
Spacious 4 bedroom bungalow for SALE in ONITSHA, asking price is 16 million naira, the price is negotiable but if you get buyer for 16 million naira, the house owner will give you a commission of Five hundred thousand naira, call/chat the owner on whatsapp via 09032290584 to get more details and pictures of the house.

The house is a very big 4 bedroom bungalow, it has 2 sitting rooms, all the bedrooms has toilet/bath, it has a big kitchen with store, the bigger sitting room has a toilet, the compound has 3 block dog cages and a parking store and generator house with an overhead tank.
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Mjpem23(m): 10:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
taiwoawoniyi:
This is a serious case.
If the EFCC has a quarter of the skills the IRS has, then Mompha has a very incriminating case before him.

If they've concrete evidence, they should freeze all his accounts, give him serious jail time and make him a scape goat to others.

Internet fraud has made us to look like an entirely thieving nation. This dissuades other countries from awarding good opportunities to "Nigerians".

If Mompha (big fish) can be punished, then all these small 419s will have small sense and go find something legal to do.
What are you saying sir??
I swear Nigeria go Dey bow for USA and China in money laundering Situation. You had better mention that everywhere in the world. Na people like you Dey corrupt asf �
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by abbey621(m): 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Samsonklin:

But seriously, let's joke apart. How is it really your business how he made his money?

Larn about social/corporate and community responsibilities. A society without checks and balances will always hype hoodlums/fraudsters and neglect those who can't compete with them. There's a reason why a nobody can bring down CEOs, governors and even presidents in advanced countries.
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Pauldollars(m): 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
When your Papa is a thief, you may not know. Except to enjoy his ill gotten money

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Kenneth10110(m): 12:06am On Nov 26, 2019
cheesy grin
taiwoawoniyi:
This is a serious case.

One of your relations is one way into fraud na this same naija we dey Next level
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 26, 2019
Kenneth10110:
cheesy grin

One of your relations is one way into fraud na this same naija we dey Next level
Koyemi o
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Laggatumuch(m): 7:27am On Nov 26, 2019
taiwoawoniyi:

Hello sir, actually, the source of people's wealth should be vetted very stringently and carefully. In other developed climes, you cannot just "blow". The Revenue Agencies will track you and demand an explanation for how you got your wealth.

You can't just have a sudden influx of money into your account in the US. Your account will be temp. frozen and you will be asked how you got into such money. If you can explain, fine. If you can't, trouble looms.

Our problem is that we celebrate unverifiable wealth.

As I also said, I heard that he was into internet fraud. It might not be in the charges but I'm answering based on the previous charges that were brought against him.

You OWE everybody an explanation concerning your wealth.

Bill Gates is constantly at war with the IRS. They vet his accounts every time. They even vetted the accounts of Donald trump - their own president - lsat week or so.

PS: Please tone down your anger and hate. E no epp anybody.

Tainz
There is presently no charge against him that he scammed anybody, but that of money laundering , we all know it is for the so called politicians. Presently lil baby is spending cash irresponsibly why hasn't he been questioned? Same way 69 was spending money recklessly but just using music as cover up, until his cup was full , that proceeds were from crime when they caught his gang members. All over the world money laundry happens, not even the united states is exempted . Money laundry for naija dey learn compared to usa, russia and mexico especially money being laundered to switzerland. Several big pastors in this country has been charge with money laundry , so it is nothing new. They just want to know who is the owner of the funds and where it is been laundered to . Mompha did not scam any one , just that the money going in and out of his account normally rings a bell, so it is normal he is investigated. They want to know his so called clients and what they do to amass so much wealth. Some music artist all over the world always help top government officials to launder money
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 26, 2019
bigpicture001:

Wen I started with ur response I was eager to hear somthing reasonable...but going down, I reaslize I was wasting my time..u couldnt even built an exciting idea...

Now that he kept money in his acct using his company is a big fraud..?

I wanted to read stuffs like that "you, ismaila mompha using the internet, duped one mrs goshead of the united arab emirate of 55,000 dollars in 2013.. transfered the money to acct in the US...etc....but alas! no case...just a pul him down syndrone
It's not a "pull him down" syndrome sir. Before his arrest, I didn't even know who he was.
What I'm saying is that our wealth MUST be verified. In other climes, you don't just jump into wealth.
You'll be probed. We need to employ this, in order to curb fraud and her vices.
Thank you
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by bigpicture001: 10:17am On Nov 26, 2019
taiwoawoniyi:

It's not a "pull him down" syndrome sir. Before his arrest, I didn't even know who he was.
What I'm saying is that our wealth MUST be verified. In other climes, you don't just jump into wealth.
You'll be probed. We need to employ this, in order to curb fraud and her vices.
Thank you

Then.let dem start with tinubu who witjout a workinf firm, became billionaire through politics....he is still same person pushing d hate speech I presume, cuz dia is going to b a whole lot of dirty talk abt him wen he declare for president...
Charity dey say begins at home!
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by cardoctor(m): 11:00am On Nov 26, 2019
Story story. I'm sure he is having big fun in there. Very soon he will be out.
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Elvinho2244(m): 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
paradigmshift:

he ddey do give away ode.....
no go work o.
u think say e dey suffer?
he will be granted bail, just watch

Mumu, u go see say e jail term go long like wrapper, fool grin
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Samsonklin(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
abbey621:

Larn about social/corporate and community responsibilities. A society without checks and balances will always hype hoodlums/fraudsters and neglect those who can't compete with them. There's a reason why a nobody can bring down CEOs, governors and even presidents in advanced countries.
You still didn't answer the question
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Elvinho2244(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
bilulu:

Why not work hard so people can also expect giveaway from you.... think bro

Yeah you gat some points, I'm financially stable dear, but Mompha is a multi millionaire in dollars and I'm not....

Hope u grab, e get the kind money when u go get, even if village people worry u, everywhere go still soft normally grin that's Mompa's case
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Elvinho2244(m): 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
SolarGlobal:

Bet y grin so you can't forgive

Hehe i hold no grudge, just my opinion though
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by paradigmshift(m): 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
Elvinho2244:

Mumu, u go see say e jail term go long like wrapper, fool grin

dey there dey mumu.. e no get jail term.
persn wey dem go grant bail.
efcc n mompha dn already script am out..
poor man
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by abbey621(m): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
Samsonklin:

You still didn't answer the question

READ!
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by WhisperedNoise: 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kenneth10110:
cheesy grin

Do you mean a relative of his is into internet fraud??
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by bilulu(m): 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
Elvinho2244:

Yeah you gat some points, I'm financially stable dear, but Mompha is a multi millionaire in dollars and I'm not....

Hope u grab, e get the kind money when u go get, even if village people worry u, everywhere go still soft normally grin that's Mompa's case
Bro if you re financially stable and still asking for giveaway then you need deliverance from the mindset of poverty. How can you be stable and still be looking for free money from people? That’s poverty minded. No insult bro
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Kenneth10110(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
WhisperedNoise:

Do you mean a relative of his is into internet fraud??

I meant probably might be i didn't say so
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by OnlineWell(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
VirtIQ:
How can i get a google voice number,textnow just deleted my account .said i violated policy bla bla bla
Check my signature, I sell in bulk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cross River Assailants Kill & Eat 5 Cassava Harvesters In Ebonyi / Rapist And Armed Robber Caught At Adekunle Ajasin University (Photos) / Police Shoot Robber Dead In Calabar (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.