Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,960 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud (35362 Views)

Court Jails 2 Yahoo Boys For N1.3 Billion Fraud In Benin. / Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud / Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hedonini:

I assume you're literate. In all the charges listed up there, where did you see anything related to "Internet fraud" or "419"?
I read about him when he was first apprehended and the charges against him then was internet fraud and similar vices.
That's why I made my statement above.
But I don't know him, before the scandal, I'd never heard of him.
If you'd be kind to enlighten me, I'd like to know how he amasses so much wealth.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by efosky1246(m): 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2019
Smalldick123:
Good.
but truth be told. i prefer eating 1/10 of that money for 5years abroad and be jailed for life than living in a shithole like this corntree

MUMU.

the excitement from material pleasures is fleeting. it's only felt at that moment. You'd lead a miserable life if you don't change this your naive mindset

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by wonlasewonimi: 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
If your source of wealth is not pure, the least you could do is flaunt it over the internet...idiot

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by BotherMleeper(m): 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2019
Smalldick123:
Good.
but truth be told. i prefer eating 1/10 of that money for 5years abroad and be jailed for life than living in a shithole like this corntree

That's your small dickk talking

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by OyiboOyibo(m): 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mompha is gone for life
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Smalldick123(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2019
efosky1246:

MUMU.

the excitement from material pleasures is fleeting. it's only felt at that moment. You'd lead a miserable life if you don't change this your naive mindset
My opinion though. Our people will always say "uche onye adighi ya njo"
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2019
Please let not confuse internet fraudster for money laundering he is not an internet fraud star laptop no document was found on him he just launder money for probably politicians
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by tillaman(m): 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
Same old same old, this niqqa is going to work, before it was internet fraud and money laundering now it’s only money laundering!!
The law is an arse in this part of the world, not meant to be taken serious as long as you are rich enough to get a good lawyer and Oil some palms to influence the judgement of the court
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by bilulu(m): 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
Elvinho2244:
See money my guy.... shocked shocked sad

I follow this useless Mompha on Instagram, e never one day do giveaway, buh go dey post porche cars and wrist watches... suffer alone idiot
Why not work hard so people can also expect giveaway from you.... think bro
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by SolarGlobal: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
Elvinho2244:

I follow this useless Mompha on Instagram, e never one day do giveaway, buh go dey post porche cars and wrist watches... suffer alone idiot

Bet y grin so you can't forgive

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by AngelicBeing: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
Smalldick123:
Good.
With a smalldick as well grin
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Benbobola(m): 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
In all these, the EFCC Still does not have concrete evidence of fraud. They need to get some real evidence else, the nigga would walk away unhurt. All they have mentioned is money from unknown sources moving from account to account.
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by maak400: 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Let me practice some wailing and emotional tantrum. grin

This is Ibo conspiracy. Nigeria hates Yoruba. Ibo is jealous they want to bring mompha down. We told mompha when he was giving scholarship not to include Ibo because we knew they will bring him down.

This is handwork of Ibo hatred and bad belle because we Yoruba are better than them in politics.
Lol... I see the sarcasm, Yoruba doesn’t protect and support criminals like most igbos do, like the case of invictus and now allen onyeama.

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Smalldick123(m): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
AngelicBeing:
With a smalldick as well grin
www.smallbutmightydick.com.
small but......................
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by idonhammer: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
Ndi Yoruba amaka
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
taiwoawoniyi:

I read about him when he was first apprehended and the charges against him then was internet fraud and similar vices.
That's why I made my statement above.
But I don't know him, before the scandal, I'd never heard of him.
If you'd be kind to enlighten me, I'd like to know how he amasses so much wealth.
Thank you.

How he or anyone else amassed their wealth should neither be your business nor mine. If everyone blabs about their money making secret, then they would soon lose their money because predators, parasites and vultures like you would feast on it and saturate it. That's why nobody owes the public any stupid explanation. God knows I I rather die than explain how I make money to any bastard. The public is never interested in knowing how you amassed poverty. They only rear their ugly, envious necks when you succeed in whatever you're doing after suffering for long, whether legal or illegal. God punish them.

The key issue is this: If crimes have been committed, the onus is on the accuser to prove. In this case, the EFCC is the accuser, and they have listed the purported accusations against Mompha (go and read the so-called 14 count charges again again). Where in these accusations is "Internet fraud" or "419" mentioned? That's the question you should answer since you brought it up.
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Charly68: 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2019
Imagine the lifestyle of a professional 419
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by ajl: 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
Smalldick123:
Good.

May heavens grant your wish. Continue to bring curses on yourself. Poverted mind.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by OYAY(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2019
sojayy:
This guy go buga prisoners die ehn, n I guessed his prison garment go be designers too.......thumb up @efcc

He is not entitled to prison garment,he is an awaiting trial inmate. But will still flex bcoz of his left over money
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by ajl: 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hedonini:

How he or anyone else amassed their wealth should neither be your business nor mine. If everyone blabs about their money making secret, then they would soon lose their money because predators, parasites and vultures like you would feast on it and saturate it. That's why nobody owes the public any stupid explanation. God knows I I rather die than explain how I make money to any bastard. The public is never interested in knowing how you amassed poverty. They only rear their ugly, envious necks when you succeed in whatever you're doing after suffering for long, whether legal or illegal. God punish them.

The key issue is this: If crimes have been committed, the onus is on the accuser to prove. In this case, the EFCC is the accuser, and they have listed the purported accusations against Mompha (go and read the so-called 14 count charges again again). Where in these accusations is "Internet fraud" or "419" mentioned? That's the question you should answer since you brought it up.

Then stay in your corner quietly and don't come online to flaunt material things from ill-gotten wealth. The fact that your actions influences our youths then we want to know your source of income because you could turn out to be a bad influence. I just read here where someone said "he only need 1/10 of the ill-gotten fund and it's okay he get life-time jail sentence". Imagine if that person saying this is your younger brother.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by abbey621(m): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hedonini:

DON'T BE RIDICULOUS! Part of being a good citizen is being aware of your neighbors or surroundings. I'm sure if drug dealers, kidnappers were living with you, you would be curious to know what's going on. Money laundering, 419 etc can definitely impact you negatively both within and outside of 9ja!
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Kresthillfarms: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2019
Young man, hustle so you won’t have to depend on other people for giveaways...

Elvinho2244:

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
abbey621:

DON'T BE RIDICULOUS! Part of being a good citizen is being aware of your neighbors or surroundings. I'm sure if drug dealers, kidnappers were living with you, you would be curious to know what's going on. Money laundering, 419 etc can definitely impact you negatively both within and outside of 9ja!

What's your point, and how is it related to my previous post that you quoted? You masses are just u salvageable.
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by abbey621(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hedonini:

What's your point, and how is it related to my previous post that you quoted? You masses are just u salvageable.

Your exact quote, "HOW IS IT ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS WHERE HE MADE HIS MONEY"......Nonchalant attitude/ hyping of crooks is the reason 9ja is so f*cked up!
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by bros856: 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
I knew this dude steals other people's money. There's time for everything, bad things don't last.
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
opportunes:
Justice Mohammed Liman of the Federal High Court, Lagos on Monday ordered that alleged internet fraudster, Ismaila Mustapha, aka Mompha be kept in the custody of the Nigerian Correctional Services. The Court ordered that Mompha be kept behind bars after he pleaded not guilty to a 14-count charge of laundering N33 billion.

The court had also fixed Friday, November 29 for the hearing of the defendant bail application. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commision, EFCC alleged that Mompha laundered the funds through a firm, Ismalob Global Investment Ltd, between 2015 and 2018. Islamob Global Investments is the second defendant in the charge. The EFCC claimed that the funds, domiciled in Fidelity Bank, were moved in tranches of N18,059,353,413 billion and N14,946,773,393.00 billion.

The commission further alleged that both defendants, not being a financial institution, or an authorized foreign exchange dealer, negotiated a foreign exchange transaction in the sum of N9.416million, N20 million, N10,437,400.00, N10miillion, N2.46million, N10miillion, N100million, N61million, N100million, N40.7million and N42million. The funds were domiciled in the defendants’ Fidelity Bank account. The commission alleged that Mompha “between 2015 and 2018… procured Ismalob Global Investment Ltd to retain the aggregate sum of N18,059,353,413 in its account No. 5260000846 domiciled in Fidelity Bank Plc which sum you reasonably ought to have known formed part of the proceeds of unlawful act to wit: fraud.

Mompha, between 2015 and 2017, also allegedly aided the company “to retain the aggregate sum of N 14,946,773,393.00 in its account No. 5260000846 domiciled in Fidelity Bank Plc from Pitacalize Ltd. Both actions offended Sections 18(3) and 15(2)(d) of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act.2011 as amended and punishable under section 15 (3) of the same Act, the agency said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-n33bn-fraud-court-remands-mompha-in-prison-custody.html

Idiotic country.
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Bbbwings: 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
sojayy:
This guy go buga prisoners die ehn, n I guessed his prison garment go be designers too.......thumb up @efcc
My fellow enemyofprogress I sight you

Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Samsonklin(m): 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2019
abbey621:

Your exact quote, "HOW IS IT ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS WHERE HE MADE HIS MONEY"......Nonchalant attitude/ hyping of crooks is the reason 9ja is so f*cked up!
But seriously, let's joke apart. How is it really your business how he made his money?
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by SmartTeck: 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
Kk
Re: Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud by Legendguru: 6:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Killed By Friend Who ‘slept’ With His Wife / Police Shoot Robber Dead In Calabar (Graphic Photos) / 5 People Die As Police Inspector Opens Fire At Golf Estate Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.