Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? (2598 Views)

Solomon Dalung On Facility Inspection In Brazil - Photos / FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil / Why They Love Amaechi But Hate Wike In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Brazil, darling of Nigerian drug traffickers

TOYOSI OGUNSEYE

TOYOSI OGUNSEYE writes that drug trafficking syndicates on the Brazil-Nigeria route are not having the best of their illicit trade in narcotics, as an attempt to smuggle drugs worth over N50m was nipped in the bud

How the cocaine was hidden

advertisement

Apart from being famed for football, Brazil has become the darling of Nigerian drug traffickers.

The recent interception by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, of 10.50kg of cocaine brought into the country from Brazil, lends credence to this fact.

The cocaine, which was imported from Brazil through a Qatar Airways flight, was concealed in 18 plastic pipes in a red luggage. According to authoritative NDLEA sources, it is the highest single seizure of cocaine made at the airport since January, with an estimated street value of N50m.

Similarly, a kilogramme of cocaine, concealed inside a pair of shoes and imported from Brazil aboard a KLM flight, was intercepted the same day.

According to the NDLEA Airport Commander, Alhaji Hamza Umar, the suspected traffickers that facilitated the importation of the illicit drugs are being interrogated by narcotic investigators.

He said, "The 10.50kg of cocaine was found in the luggage of one Ntinulu-Ojulu Michael Papulu Chukwu, 43, while the 1kg of cocaine hidden inside a pair of shoes was found in possession of one Isiwele Gabriel Hase, who is 40 years old."

Both Ntinulu-Ojulu and[b] Isiwele [/b]allegedly left Brazil the same day, albeit, with different flights.

Unlike April 20, 2010 when 10kg of cocaine imported from Brazil in a Turkish Airways flight was abandoned at the Lagos airport, Ntinulu-Ojulu was arrested with the bag containing the 10.50kg cocaine. The 43-year-old suspect, who works in Brazil, said he was promised $5,000 to deliver the illicit luggage in Nigeria.

He said, "I have been working in Brazil for two years, but the little money I make is used to settle bills. I met a Nigerian for assistance and he asked me to take the bag to Nigeria for a fee of $5,000. I agreed to do it because of my financial predicament."

Isiwele, a photographer and a trader, allegedly concealed one kilogramme of cocaine found with him inside a pair of shoes. He has lived in Brazil for four years, he claimed, but said that he was unable to afford his rent and other financial responsibilities.

The Chairman of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, has promised that the agency's planned attacks on drug barons will be sustained, adding that the benefits of a drug-free society cannot be quantified. "We are going to sustain our attacks on drug traffickers until they quit the criminal act," Giade said. He also noted that the cases will be properly investigated, "as the suspects have international links."

Two other suspects, Amen Peace, 35, and[b] Agwu Daniel Okafor[/b] that ingested 91 wraps of substances suspected to be narcotics, have been placed on observation by the anti-narcotic agency.

Amen was travelling with an Italian passport when a scanning machine revealed that he had ingested suspicious substances. According to Amen who was on his way to Rome in an Alitalia flight, his father is a Liberian, while the mother hails from Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. He is a welder in Italy, he said, while claiming to have been jobless for three months.

He said, "My father is a Liberian and my mother is from Edo State. This is my first time of trafficking in drugs. I came to Nigeria for a visit and decided to smuggle the drugs to raise some money. I have been living in Italy since 2002." He allegedly ingested 36 wraps of the drugs, saying, "I was promised 3,000 Euros."

Agu allegedly ingested 55 wraps in anticipation of 2,800 Euros, but he was arrested during the screening of KLM passengers. His final destination was Madrid, Spain. He stated that he was introduced into the criminal trade when he requested for financial assistance from an old friend.

"I needed some help from my old time friend when I was introduced into the drug trade. I used to sell tiles at Coker in Lagos until my shop was demolished. That was the genesis of my problem. Last year, I left Lagos for Aba, where I sell clothes, but business has been very bad. My late mother will be buried in December and I have no money," he stated.

The spokesman of the NDLEA, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, said that the suspects would face trial after they might have excreted the drugs they had swallowed. He said, "In cases like these, we have to be patient for them to get the drugs out of their systems. Sometimes, it takes longer than a few days. But after that is done, they are all going to the court to serve as a deterrent to others who may want to emulate them."
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2010
I see them Ibos done dipped from this thread!
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by marcus1234: 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2010
what r u in awe about? Ibos love Brazil. . . . . thats all I'm saying. . . . . .
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by Omenani(m): 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2010
Brazil is a nice place filled with beautiful women. I remember seeing a special concerning Nigerian drug peddlers in Brazil. They are as ruthless as the drug lords found in Rio. I also heard of a Nigerian gang that broke out of jail in Brazil.
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 6:25pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^Yup! Yall niggaz is gangstas!^^^
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by Missy85(f): 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2010
greed, greed, greed!

these people will do anything, absolutely anything for money

Shame
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2010
Missy85:

greed, greed, greed!

Shame

couldnt have said it better. . . . . .
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by udennaa: 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2010
Missy85:

greed, greed, greed!

Shame
which people are you referring to?
@op,if thats what you think,yes thats why we love brazil,so let us be.mind you,only two of the highlighted names are igbo.
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:08pm On Nov 23, 2010
udennaa:

mind you,only two of the highlighted names are igbo.

. . . . yeah, out of[b] THREE[/b] NAMES!!!
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by jason12345: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2010
bkbabe, pls calm down with this igbo hatred.
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2010
jason12345:

bkbabe, pls calm down with this igbo hatred.

Mahatma Ghandi, go sit ur aszz down with this pacifist ish u stay trying to propagate. Did the event occur? Was it published in the papers? Did I cause the event to happen? So, where is this "hatred" u talk about?
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by MetalGong4: 9:14pm On Nov 23, 2010
Another dumb thread by the frustrated Hispanic hag . . . . . .  sad sad
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by Beaf: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

. . . . yeah, out of[b] THREE[/b] NAMES!!!

This fool doesn't even know how to count.

Fool, you highlighted four names! Drop the crack and you might count better. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2010
MetalGong4:

Another thread about my Ibo brothers tarnishing whatever's left of the Ibo reputation by selling drugs all ova the world.

WTF?! For once, u said the truth!
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2010
Beaf:

This fool doesn't even know how to count.

Fool, you highlighted four names! Drop the crack and you might count better. cry cry cry cry cry cry

Names all look the same: Funny to pronounce, hard to look at! I still INSIST I highlighted 3 names, u dont like it u know what to do when ur mouth is around the barrel of that Mac-Milli!

Lol. Funny that whenever u aint trying to beg GEJ, via email, to be his personal diyyck-slurper, your busy stalking a fellow man. . . . . wow!

3 names nigga, u can kill urself now!
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by blacksta(m): 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2010
shakes head - bk why the hate bro - even the yorubas dey wonder sef
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by Beaf: 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Names all look the same: Funny to pronounce, hard to look at! I still INSIST I highlighted 3 names, u dont like it u know what to do when your mouth is around the barrel of that Mac-Milli!

Lol. Funny that whenever u aint trying to beg GEJ, via email, to be his personal diyyck-slurper, your busy stalking a fellow man. . . . . wow!

3 names nigga, u can kill urself now!

Ntinulu-Ojulu Michael Papulu Chukwu
Isiwele Gabriel Hase
Amen Peace
Agwu Daniel Okafor

3 names? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Too many drugs and and too much gutter water for sniffing in Colombia!!

[size=14pt]Dude, we are still searching for your brain. . . And its a damn tough job!!![/size]

[img]http://visionhelp.files./2010/08/boy-with-magnifying-glass.jpg[/img]
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2010
Beaf:

Ntinulu-Ojulu Michael Papulu Chukwu
Isiwele Gabriel Hase
Amen Peace
Agwu Daniel Okafor

3 names? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Too many drugs and and too much gutter water for sniffing in Colombia!!

Yeah, I still see 3 names! All Ibo names. . . .

u gonna kill urself now?
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by Beaf: 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Yeah, I still see 3 names! All Ibo names. . . .

u gonna kill urself now?

No, your drugs will kill you person! grin
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2010
Beaf:

No, your drugs will kill you person! grin

STFU, U freaking imbeci*le! Always coming on NL trying to prove intellectual superiority over others. Internet Einstein! Another potential Emegweali! Do u notice how much I ignore u?lol. Fool.

Again, I see only 3 names, are u gonna do us all a favor now and kill urself, u fool?! See how it feels now when u ignore the truth against ur god (GEJ)?!

Hahahahaha. I see 3 names. . . . . grin
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by AndreUweh(m): 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2010
@The OP: Why are you too scared to start this moronic thread of yours at the crimes section. Why are you so scared to start threads there?.
Impotent retardo.
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by Beaf: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

STFU, U freaking imbeci*le! Always coming on NL trying to prove intellectual superiority over others. Internet Einstein! Another potential Emegweali! Do u notice how much I ignore u?lol. Fool.

Again, I see only 3 names, are u gonna do us all a favor now and kill urself, u fool?! See how it feels now when u ignore the truth against your god (GEJ)?!

Hahahahaha. I see 3 names. . . . . grin

[size=14pt]I see you are feeling insecure!!![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by excanny: 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2010
This thread should have been simply ignored.

Unfortunately, you guys fell for the bait.
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by shotster50(m): 4:28am On Nov 24, 2010
^^^
Lol that dude kind of reminds of Ahmadinejad, everytime he opens his mouth, he spews drivel.
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2010
excanny:

This thread should have been simply ignored.

Unfortunately, you guys fell for the bait.

LMFAO!!! lol . Of course, "falling for the bait" was expected. . . . .lol. Ibo drug dealers always gotta defend themselves from faceless internet accusers!

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2010
Andre Uweh:

@The OP: Why are you too scared to start this moronic thread of yours at the crimes section. Why are you so scared to start threads there?.
Impotent retardo.

Look at the Ibo man's attempt at Reverse Psychology!!!!

LMFAO!!!
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
@bk.babe97y

If given the chance, you could just be one suicide bomber in the middle of aba market.
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2010
babaearly:

@bk.babe97y

If given the chance, you could just be one suicide bomber in the middle of aba market.

English please!

Thanx in advance!
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by fstranger: 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
This is why I hate Ibos
Their love for money, the root of all evils, is unparalled in 21st century Nigeria.

Hmm, Thank goodness, I am not Ibo.
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by rasputinn(m): 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^^
Now this is very dissppointing
Re: Is This Why "they" Love Brazil? by rasputinn(m): 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2010
@ OP

Could you please stick with the message,you've trivialised it with your anti-Ibo rhetorics

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If Shofolahan Was An Igbo Man? / Amaechi Not NGF Chairman, Presidency Insists / What You Never Knew About Governor Ayodele Fayose. This Will Shock You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.