Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,464 members, 7,850,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:58 AM

Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) (22907 Views)

Andy Uba Lands His Private Jet At Anambra Int'l Airport: Video / 15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / 2 Jets Stolen At Lagos Airport: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Technology14: 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2019
Na wa. Criminals everywhere. Check my profile for your solar flood lights.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
not surprised to hear this. my baggage i left at that same airport that was to be sent to me when i get to my final destination. when i went through my baggage as i arrived in my designated location the brand new leather sandals i kept inside i couldnt find it anymore.if i had known i would have kept it in my backpack.nigeria is a wonderful kuntry.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Recruitmentedu: 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
Are you serious, to detain someone that return your bag. instead of dancing and rejoicing that your bag was finally returned, some are not that lucky
Pavore9:
Mine was a fellow passenger that carried off one of my bags from the conveyor belt on arrival at the destination city and returned it to the airline's city office after 5 weeks, dropped a fake phone number with them. The prayer I fire on top that bag but till this day, I still can't decipher the motivation to return the bag with 70% of content still intact, airline paid for what was missing to avoid wahala as they were supposed to detain the guy when he brought my bag and call me immediately but let him go scot free.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Myself2(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2019
Never leave your luggage unattended at the airport.
Luggage swapping and luggage stuffing is real man. Luggage theft is not what careless folk should worry more about
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by lakesider(m): 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2019
Bads are stollen everywhere in the world

1 Like

Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Pavore9: 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Recruitmentedu:
Are you serious, to detain someone that return your bag. instead of dancing and rejoicing that your bag was finally returned, some are not that lucky

It is of mixed feelings but I needed to see the guy though never intended to get him arrested but talk it out at the airline's office as I needed to let him tell me why he carried my shrink wrapped bag, sliced through it and had it with him for 5 whole weeks! I still find the return, odd! cheesy
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by frowland(m): 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ikjosh04:

It's so pathetic, is Nigeria �� cursed? �

As you have run along by condemning your country, need I remind you that incidents like this happen almost at any airport. People actually go to airports to pick other people's bags, that's their stock in trade. That's why people who hang around arrivals section of any airport is regulated.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2019
How do you define touts, there are cases where even fellow passengers steal other people's luggage too.

Not every well dressed person in the airport is ok, some are there to steal , kill and destroy.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Femeto: 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
Maybe they took it for their own.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by stagger: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2019
Was Kanu's luggage and money not stolen in Russia as he headed to the world cup as a FIFA ambassador? These things are not unique to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by dominique(f): 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2019
Myself2:
Never leave your luggage unattended at the airport.
Luggage swapping and luggage stuffing is real man. Luggage theft is not what careless folk should worry more about

It doesn't work that way. Once you've checked in your luggage, your hands are off. You can only pray to get it back intact.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by EKONGKING: 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
NaijadrivaCars:
[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/09df7c3e-mmia-696x522-1428642143.jpg?w=614[/img]
A video has emerged on how a passenger’s luggage was stolen by touts at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Naijadriva reports.

A video obtained by Naijadriva shows when a passenger’s luggage was presumed stolen by touts at the International wing of Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

It is no more news that Nigeria Airports is bedeviled by touts, thefts, extortion and begging by Immigration and airport staff, and so on.

Following the rising cases of[b] theft including a recent robbery of a private jet waiting to take off after bandits accessed the airside of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos,[/b] the federal government recently reinforced the security apparatus at the nation’s airports.

The new strategy, to combat these vices include: the expansion of areas covered by the Close-Circuit Television (CCTV), reinforcement of security team that patrols all areas of the airports, profiling of Aviation Security (AVSEC) personnel, close monitoring of airport users and workers and ban to persons who have been sacked from the airport from gaining access to any of the airports unless they are travelling and other security details not made known due to security reasons.

However, things are yet to be “normal” at our airports as some of the vices are still prevalent, like this case of stolen luggage.

Watch video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQDMaoyUeNU?sub_confirmation=1

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/11/29/airport-insecurity-passengers-bags-stolen-at-murtala-muhammed-international-airport-lagos-video/

Dont know whether to laugh or cry
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Beetobee(f): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2019
Spatta:
Nigeria is gone to the garbage, There is no country in the world where the entry point is the first point of thievery and banditry as Nigeria, A Government headed by the north is Cursed as no tangible thing can be done by this backward race
The Lagos Airport is full of Northerners, who are not Educated, who have turned the International Airport into a Mosque, the place reeks of disturbing smells and looks crowded and untidy

Illiterate is at the Helm of affairs, Nepotism is the style of employment
Thieves resume at the Airport daily waiting for your undecerning moments and not sane government can proffer solution
Hausa are seen selling Dollars and harassing travelers
Tell, why will there not be pilfering of Bags?
Buhari and the northerner are a curse to Nigeria.
Nigeria ceased to exist many years ago

It is just unfortunate that the Coward tribes are the once continuing the wrong marriage with these imbeciles from the North fit for no good
Even the Name Nigeria should have been changed just like Ghana, But the progress of the Country is stunted with these recycled cynosure of profligates from the North

Was wondering which creature scribbled this gibberish, then I realized from the oink oink oink which creature it was.

1 Like

Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by lillaowow(m): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
stagger:
Was Kanu's luggage and money not stolen in Russia as he headed to the world cup as a FIFA ambassador? These things are not unique to Nigeria.

We say robbery is happening in Nigeria, you say it is happening in Russia too.

How does that make any sense to you?

Why are you deflecting.? Do we live in Russia?
So because robbery is happening in Russia, we shouldn't tackle it in Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by CaptainMitch: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
Wonderful
lefulefu:
not surprised to hear this. my baggage i left at that same airport that was to be sent to me when i get to my final destination. when i went through my baggage as i arrived in my designated location the brand new leather sandals i kept inside i couldnt find it anymore.if i had known i would have kept it in my backpack.nigeria is a wonderful kuntry.

Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by ayaside(m): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
... And somebody will be telling people to come that naija is safe. Na from airport you just know you are not welcome.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Ugosample(m): 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
emmabest2000:
When BBN Mike's wife arrived Nigeria last month
she uploaded on her Facebook...
"Me and my bags are safety "
many people criticized her then

they steal/ vandalise people's bags from time to time in that Murtala
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Ugosample(m): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2019
lillaowow:

Leave the mugu
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Wonderful
d tin pain me sha cheesy.i thank God say i no put any other important thing for dat luggage otherwise e for miss.wetin i jus put dere na jus my clothes then my laptop hardrive grin.the other essential things went to my bacpark.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by nextstep(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ikjosh04:
It's so pathetic, is Nigeria �� cursed? �

No... we're not cursed. They have security cameras and police in LAX, JFK and Heathrow to also prevent theft. It's not a problem unique to Nigeria... what we don't have is effective policing.

stagger:
lillaowow:

The point is yes, we should tackle it in Nigeria, but we shouldn't start insulting our mentality as if Nigeria is the only place there are thieves. The solution is to look at how other countries are tackling it (not by self abuse, but with cameras and effective policing).
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by AlphaStyles(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2019
Christmas don come Boyz don double hustle
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Myself2(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2019
dominique:

It doesn't work that way. Once you've checked in your luggage, your hands are off. You can only pray to get it back intact.

What doesnt work that way? Did you see where I said after checking in, over sabi. I'm telling you of scenarios I've observed severally on local and international flights. While on the queue to check in, or even before joining the queue,I've observed folks who carelessly leave their luggage unattended.
You're here telling me it doesn't work that way
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Cmanforall: 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Maybe the missing things were already gone when he mistakenly took the bag.

#Thinking differently though.
Pavore9:

It is of mixed feelings but I needed to see the guy though never intended to get him arrested but talk it out at the airline's office as I needed to let him tell me why he carried my shrink wrapped bag, sliced through it and had it with him for 5 whole weeks! I still find the return, odd! cheesy
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by dominique(f): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2019
Myself2:

What doesnt work that way? Did you see where I said after checking in, over sabi. I'm telling you of scenarios I've observed severally on local and international flights. While on the queue to check in, or even before joining the queue,I've observed folks who carelessly leave their luggage unattended.
You're here telling me it doesn't work that way

Duh! That goes without saying. Only an idiot will leave his luggage lying around unattended to in any public station be it airport, bus park or train station. Your unsolicited advice will only be useful to drooling idiots or kids below the age of 10 but sadly they hardly come online.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Pavore9: 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
Cmanforall:
Maybe the missing things were already gone when he mistakenly took the bag.

#Thinking differently though.

He took an extra bag because he didn't forget any of his but I was told he was asked if he forgot his at the airport, he replied No. I am imagining me flying with only 2 luggage and leaving the airport with 3!
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Myself2(m): 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
dominique:

Duh! That goes without saying. Only an idiot will leave his luggage lying around unattended to in any public station be it airport, bus park or train station. Your unsolicited advice will only be useful to drooling idiots or kids below the age of 10 but sadly they hardly come online.

Does that mean it does not happen ??
Why would you call them drooling idiots? To them they are attending to one emergency or the other.
Hmmmm Dominique, let's not have this conversation, it wont end well. Plus you and I have been here for a while. So peace to you
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by Legendguru: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by centilad(m): 7:51am On Dec 06, 2019
Sometimes I wonder why some Nigerian Organizations install CCTV Cameras in their office/ warehouse/ sites.. without functioning HDD.
Re: Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) by osaheni14: 6:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
My bag was missing upon arrival on Jan 11th, 2020 through Air France. Something tells me it was stolen by someone at the Lagos airport. The items in that bag are irreplaceable to me.

I place a curse on that person today, if that person do not return my bag soon, he/she and the family will die by accident!!! How would you go to an airport to steal bags. The only way this curse can be averted is only if, the person returns the bag 100% complete. If not that person and his/her family will all die in an accident.

I put the date and flight there so the person can identify himself/herself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery / FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport / Nigerian Embassy In Germany Fires Guard Over Sex-For-Passport Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.