Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Blackface Vs 2baba: Why 2baba Dropped N50m Lawsuit - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Blackface Vs 2baba: Why 2baba Dropped N50m Lawsuit (230 Views)

Tacha Talks About Her Relationship With Jaruma & The N50m / Blackface Releases A 2014 Chat Of 2face Admitting To Stealing His Song / Eedris Abdulkareem Blasts 2face: "You Are Ungrateful For Forgetting Blackface" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blackface Vs 2baba: Why 2baba Dropped N50m Lawsuit by ErVik(m): 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yesterday, 28 of November 2019, the media space and indeed the fans of the Nigerian music industry heave a sigh of relief over the lingering crisis between former bandmates 2face Idibia (2Baba) and Blackface.

Backface was the first to give a hint that the crisis between him and 2baba was over. He shared a picture on his Instagram account standing between his two lawyers appreciating them for their support and service.

Shortly after, he released an apology later to 2Baba saying that he has revoked all the allegations of intellectual property theft and career sabotage he made against 2baba and Efe Omorogbe, the manager of 2baba. He swore never to make such utterances again.

The background of the tussle
Blackface and 2Baba have been at war of words which later led to litigations. Blackface used to accuse 2baba that he stole his songs “Africa Queen” and “Let Somebody Love”. He also called 2face a gay and fake.

These and more prompted 2baba to slam 50 million Naira lawsuit against him. However, after their court appearance on Wednesday, 27 November 2019, the tune of the crisis changed. The duo agreed on an out-of-court settlement.

In line with that, Blackface wrote: “Having consulted with my Solicitors, I do hereby revoke all allegations of intellectual property theft and career sabotage previously made against Mr Innocent Idibia and Mr Efe Omorogbe.

“These statements were erroneously made under misapprehension as to their accuracy, due to prevailing circumstances at the time. I have been advised on the inaccuracy of my previous allegations and retract them entirely.

“I undertake to refrain from making any such subsequent statements against the persons of Mr Innocent Idibia and Mr Efe Omorogbe in future”.

To that effect, 2baba said in a statement that he and his team have accepted the apology and subsequently dropped all charges against Blackface.

He said: “I’m happy and relieved that this matter has been settled and Efe Omorogbe and I are satisfied with the outcome. I can’t thank family, friends and fans enough for their steadfast love and support. Thanks also to our lawyer, Mr Justin Ige. Blessings to one and all. God bless Blackface too. Time to move on.”

Source: https://www.nigeriatunes.com/blackface-vs-2baba-why-2baba-dropped-n50m-lawsuit/

Re: Blackface Vs 2baba: Why 2baba Dropped N50m Lawsuit by Fixedbet0011: 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2019
go through it

(1) (Reply)

Reps Introduce 6 Years Single Term Bill For President, Governors / -- / Wizkid Lays A Huge Curse On Fake Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.