Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity (4889 Views)

Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Covenant University: A Xtian University Shying Away From Theological Education? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2010
The topic sums it i am really curious.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by amdman: 8:12am On Nov 26, 2010
Yes!

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 8:20am On Nov 26, 2010
where in the bible does it say it's a sin?

it's just not advisable, that's all.

she will have to compromise her religious beliefs and possibly convert in the future, if her husband so decides.

the children also have to be considered since they will most likely be raised muslim even if she tries to bring them up christian.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by aletheia(m): 10:16am On Nov 26, 2010
tpia@:

where in the bible does it say it's a sin?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
(2 Corinthians 6:14-17)

Light communing with darkness is a sin. When God has commanded that you should be separate; a Christian marrying an unbeliever is a sin---disobedience is a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by Joagbaje(m): 10:23am On Nov 26, 2010
Whosoever will practise that does not understand Christianity. He is probably just a nominal religious man. If you're born again, your first duty is to share your faith the unbelievers not to enter relationship with them.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2010
aletheia:

Light communing with darkness is a sin. When God has commanded that you should be separate; a Christian marrying an unbeliever is a sin---disobedience is a sin.

you have a point.

even though 2 Cor 6:14 isnt referring directly to marriage per se, but it can be used in that context.

the bottom line is such interfaith unions arent advisable but i doubt in itself should be a considered a sin.

there is the element of disobedience, like you pointed out, but the passage itself expressly mentions idols, not necessarily marriage.

just saying. Doesnt mean i'm encouraging people to go out and start marrying other religions.

it's just that back in those days, and also in many cultures today, marriages were arranged and often the couple had little say in the choice of partner.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+7&version=NIV

however, i get what you're saying.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2010
Joagbaje:

Whosoever will practise that does not understand Christianity. He is probably just a nominal religious man. If you're born again, your first duty is to share your faith the unbelievers not to enter relationship with them.

quite true.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by UyiIredia(m): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2010
aletheia:

i don't agree >>> i'm well aware of marriages between Christians that are far from ideal >>> furthermore in my early years >>> i was brought up as a pagan >>> my parents were Ifa worshippers b4 they became Christians >>> even at that young age i noticed how their marriage was a model for so-called believers >>> some who used to troop to my mum for advice in their marriages

speaking matter of factly >>> i would prefer to marry a broad-minded person >>> i am not apt to hissyfoot over whether one is a believer or not

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 4:58pm On Nov 26, 2010
i'm well aware of marriages between Christians that are far from ideal

cant argue with that and yes, it's true many [though not all] non-christian marriages are happy and balanced.

however, for a committed christian to deliberately marry a non-christian, is a step i wouldnt necessarily advise anyone to take. Too much conflict of interest and religion, unless one backs down for the other.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by Generica(m): 7:09pm On Nov 26, 2010
Sound christianity demands holiness and total submission to the will of God.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by aletheia(m): 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2010
tpia@:

you have a point.

even though 2 Cor 6:14 isnt referring directly to marriage per se, but it can be used in that context.

the bottom line is such interfaith unions arent advisable but i doubt in itself should be a considered a sin.
^^
And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father. (1 Kings 11:6)

You remember the context of this verse? Solomon married unbelieving wives---directly disobeying God.

Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love. (1 Kings 11:2)

Uyi Iredia:

i don't agree >>> i'm well aware of marriages between Christians that are far from ideal >>> furthermore in my early years >>> i was brought up as a pagan >>> my parents were Ifa worshippers b4 they became Christians >>> even at that young age i noticed how their marriage was a model for so-called believers >>> some who used to troop to my mum for advice in their marriages

speaking matter of factly >>> i would prefer to marry a broad-minded person >>> i am not apt to hissyfoot over whether one is a believer or not
^^
Putting emotions aside---the OP asks is it a sin for a Christian woman to marry a Muslim? How can it not be a sin, when God expressly commands that Christians be separate? If you marry an unbeliever; are you obeying God's command to be separate? Anyone who is not born of God is under the influence of Belial. What union or interaction could be more intimate than marriage?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?(2 Corinthians 6:15)

Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. (1 Corinthians 6:15-16)

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 4:48am On Nov 27, 2010
aletheia:

^^
And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father. (1 Kings 11:6)

You remember the context of this verse? Solomon married unbelieving wives---directly disobeying God.

Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love. (1 Kings 11:2)

you're quite right but remember moses also married an unbelieving wife, and it wasnt held against him.

solomon was led astray not only by his thousand wives and concubines, but also by his own innate desires which went against God's directions.

His wife, pharaoh's daughter, was also a foreign woman, dont forget. But that wasnt considered a negative.

He started going astray when he brought in those other women.

King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women besides Pharaoh’s daughter—Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians and Hittites. 2 They were from nations about which the LORD had told the Israelites, “You must not intermarry with them, because they will surely turn your hearts after their gods.” Nevertheless, Solomon held fast to them in love. 3 He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Kings%2011:%201-11&version=NIV

nevertheless, we're saying the same thing. It's very risky for a serious christian to knowingly marry someone who isnt.

not advisable although of course people still do it anyway.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by aletheia(m): 7:21am On Nov 27, 2010
^^Moses did not marry an unbelieving wife as can be seen by the events of:
And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me. So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision. (Exodus 4:24-26)

Moreover when you look at the account of Jethro in Exodus 18: you will see that Jethro and his family believed in God. Remember the Midianites were also descended from Abraham.

But all this aside; the scriptures are clear, leaving no room for doubt:
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, (2 Corinthians 6:14-17)

Your line of argument seems to me to be that it is not a sin; just that it has disadvantages. But that ignores the fact that God has expressly commanded his children to be separate from unbelievers. Is marriage something other than being joined or yoked to someone else? If God says be separate; why are we then interpreting marriage as being exempt from that command? Is Christianity now a matter of choosing the commands that are convenient for us to obey, because of our emotional involvement?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^moses' wife was the daughter of a priest of midian.

the circumcision story might have been about her "conversion". Not sure what's the right phrase.

we dont know what religion the midianites practiced, but i doubt it was the same one as moses, who at that time was considered egyptian. Although he was exposed to the Isrealites' beliefs.

as per the rest of your post- i get your point.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by aletheia(m): 12:04am On Nov 29, 2010
^^No worries, my sister.
I once thought that marrying an unbeliever wasn't that big a deal until God graciously showed me that if I am truly a Christian then I should obey his commandments---and disobedience was not going to be an acceptable option to him.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21)

Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.

God's grace be with you.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by seyibrown(f): 1:00am On Nov 29, 2010
It is a sin of disobedience! Marriage is to produce 'GODLY SEED'. God's commandments are for our own good, so please ask yourself the following questions:

Will it be easy for your Children to be practising Christians when you marry a Muslim? (Remember how 'family' is 'traditionally run' in 'Africa').
Do you know what rights you have in Islam to practice Christianity?
What 'powers' does a Muslim man have over his 'Wife'?
Will he love you as CHRIST loves the church or Will he love you like ALLAH commands?
Will his family be happy for you to continuing practising Christianity or will there be a MUSLIM wife (or four more)added to the family if you are deemed 'uncooperative' in the matter of religion later on in the marriage?
Will you be happy to practise ISLAM if you had to choose between 'A HUSBAND' and 'A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD'?

I am sure you can come up with more questions yourself! If you still CURIOUS after all the questions, ASK GOD!
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 2:05am On Nov 29, 2010
I once thought that marrying an unbeliever wasn't that big a deal

it's a very big deal and i definitely dont encourage it.

however, sometimes it's a tricky situation.

for instance, a guy may be so in love with [or determined to get] a girl that he decides to attend a/her church just so she can take him seriously.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by Osama10(m): 3:13am On Nov 29, 2010
The bible says marry only in the lord.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by dexmond: 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2010
@ Seyi BRown
It is a sin of disobedience! Marriage is to produce 'GODLY SEED'. God's commandments are for our own good, so please ask yourself the following questions:

Will it be easy for your Children to be practising Christians when you marry a Muslim? (Remember how 'family' is 'traditionally run' in 'Africa').
Will he love you as CHRIST loves the church or Will he love you like ALLAH commands?
Will his family be happy for you to continuing practising Christianity or will there be a MUSLIM wife (or four more)added to the family if you are deemed 'uncooperative' in the matter of religion later on in the marriage?
Will you be happy to practise ISLAM if you had to choose between 'A HUSBAND' and 'A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD'?

I am sure you can come up with more questions yourself! If you still CURIOUS after all the questions, ASK GOD!

Your questions are really deep. If someone answers those questions honestly, he/she will make a good decision. Thanks
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 6:29am On Nov 30, 2010
seyibrown:

Osama10:

The bible says marry only in the lord.

what are your perspectives on a Christian/Christian marriage which turned out worse than a christian/non-christian one?

with what we're seeing nowadays shouldnt we ask ourselves such questions?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by seyibrown(f): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2010
tpia@:

what are your perspectives on a Christian/Christian marriage which turned out worse than a christian/non-christian one?

with what we're seeing nowadays shouldnt we ask ourselves such questions?

[b] It is possible for a Christian/Non-Christian marriage to be better than that of a 'Christian/Christian marriage gone wrong' where the former couple STICKS TO THE VALUES THEIR MARRIAGE WAS BUILT ON - whatever those values are - or BOTH AGREE to subsequent changes to those values!

A 'christian/christian' marriage can go wrong where one of the couple has temporarily or permanently stopped living the married life in a 'christian' way (the values the marriage was built on). If you look deeply, the erring partner will be doing something 'unchristianly' that is affecting his christian life and by extension affecting the marriage that was built on christian values. The situation can be redeemed by the erring partner coming back to Christ (repenting from the DISOBEDIENCE that is causing problems in the marriage in the first place), and conducting the marriage in a christianly way! A CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE GONE WRONG is one that has fallen short of the instructions below:

Ephesians 5:22-33 (King James Version)

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

The couple with the problematic marriage can redeem the marriage by simply BEING OBEDIENT TO GOD - The erring partner comes back to the Lord and the hurting partner forgives the erring partner - by LOVING AND RESPECTING EACH ANOTHER.  [/b]
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2010
^^hmm, well you're right but sometimes things just arent so simple or straightforward.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by aletheia(m): 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2010
^^ grin Things not being simple or straightforward are usually the consequences of choices we have made.
Obedience to God's commands are straightforward. We either choose to obey. . .or disobey. When it comes to God's standard: it is black or white, there are no gray areas.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Mic 6:8

But it is disobedience that is often complicated and convoluted with all sorts of nuances (cf 1 Sam 15:19-24). Satan always introduces "shades of gray" and excuses. Remember his question to the woman in the garden: "As God said. . ."
This only have I found: God made mankind upright, but men have gone in search of many schemes." Ecc 7:29 (NIV)
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by Sweetnecta: 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2010
I love it when the christians hold their pow wow. everyone talks about their God. I say gods. Three gods in fact:

Jesus the Messiah, son of Mary is god with the title god the son.

Yahweh the lord, is god with the title god the father.

(. . . . . . . ), is god with the title god the holy spirit.

I see why one of the three couldnt kill Moses when he tried to. It clear that you cant hold sway all the Power if you have co-partnership.

Very confusing though when god sent Moses an errant, which Moses was on his way to deliver, the same god was eager to kill him.

Undermining his own Message. Ridiculous. The writer of that part of the "Holy book" must not have had their head straight that time?

Maybe they were drunk with the terrible wine; the intoxicant to blurs the sense?

@Aletheia; you have been playing the field before you got married, eh? Good christan you. Shame on you. Bad boy. You know the bible doesnt forgive something like that. You are in trouble in the hand of yahweh, man. jesus cant help you in the issue of real fornication, darn fornicator you.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by aletheia(m): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@Aletheia; you have been playing the field before you got married, eh? Good christan you. Shame on you. Bad boy. You know the bible doesnt forgive something like that. You are in trouble in the hand of yahweh, man. jesus cant help you in the issue of real fornication, darn fornicator you.

I was wondering how long it would take you to appear on this thread. How does this statement:
I once thought that marrying an unbeliever wasn't that big a deal
equate to "playing the field"? If you can't understand simple English is it any wonder the Arabic of the qur'an confuses you---or else you would have showed me the place in the qur'an where Gabriel is called Ruuh Qudus.

What a hypocrite you are!

Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. [Matt 23:24-28]
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by seyibrown(f): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2010
Sweetnecta, When are you giving me examples of the 'corrupt' Bible verses you say exist in Injil, Psalms and Torah? Please, don't forget to address the post on our thread! grin  grin
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by Sweetnecta: 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2010
How about books? grin

Count it; Start from Acts of the Apostles. Then move forward to the end of the NT. That should satisfy you. And if you are greedy, ask yourself which one is not corrup between these two verses from Jesus? See below and help yourself. grin

Jesus said I and my father are 1.

or

Jesus said I am a servant sent by God.

Tell me which one is not corrupt in its meaning since they completely oppose each other?

If will be hard press to accept that your son will say he is your servant in reality, or your servant will say he is your son in reality. One of the two person must be a liar.

Is corruption not equal to lying? a corrupter is a liar.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by Sweetnecta: 11:51pm On Nov 30, 2010
@Aletheia: Lies breed in you. You are truly a reservoir of them.

[Quote]« #14 on: Yesterday at 12:04:13 AM »
^^No worries, my sister.
I once thought that marrying an unbeliever wasn't that big a deal until God graciously showed me that if I am truly a Christian then I should obey his commandments---and disobedience was not going to be an acceptable option to him.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21)

Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.

God's grace be with you.[/Quote]The bold above is an indicator of how freaky you might have been.

The above cant exactly mean this here, as you responded to me, in your last post. You are the father of hypocrisy as you coyly practice you craft, again; cutting up and slicing down to hide the truth.

[quote]I was wondering how long it would take you to appear on this thread. How does this statement:
I once thought that marrying an unbeliever wasn't that big a deal[the rest of his post he diced them up sliced them down]
equate to "playing the field"? If you can't understand simple English is it any wonder the Arabic of the qur'an confuses you---or else you would have showed me the place in the qur'an where Gabriel is called Ruuh Qudus.

What a hypocrite you are![/Quote]
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by seyibrown(f): 2:38am On Dec 01, 2010
Sweetnecta:

How about books? grin

Count it; Start from Acts of the Apostles. Then move forward to the end of the NT. That should satisfy you. And if you are greedy, ask yourself which one is not corrup between these two verses from Jesus? See below and help yourself. grin

Jesus said I and my father are 1.

or

Jesus said I am a servant sent by God.

Tell me which one is not corrupt in its meaning since they completely oppose each other?

If will be hard press to accept that your son will say he is your servant in reality, or your servant will say he is your son in reality. One of the two person must be a liar.

Is corruption not equal to lying? a corrupter is a liar.

Please export your answer as above(or amend) to OUR THREAD so I can move on to other questions I have for you! Thanks.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 5:48am On Dec 01, 2010
sweetnecta you're derailing the thread.

start a different one and post your questions or comments there.

thanks.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by seyibrown(f): 6:24am On Dec 01, 2010
tpia@:

^^hmm, well you're right but sometimes things just arent so simple or straightforward.

[b]I understand what you mean when you say the above but the truth is the best way to redeem a 'marriage gone wrong' is to BE RIGHT WITH GOD even if we have been hurt and the mending process hurts more! We will only worsen the situation by going about it in a way that is not in line with God's word.

For example,
Scenario: A Christian marriage where one partner commits adultery.
Result: Faithful partner is very hurt; erring partner has sinned against God and broken covenant with partner; marriage is shaky.
Solution: Erring partner comes back to God (repentance and obedience), and his partner (repentance and love); Faithful partner forgives (obedience and love  - love forgets/covers a multitude of sins). God forgives, heals and blesses them 'double for their trouble'. 
Crisis averted: Lawyers, Courts and Custody battles, 'unstable enviroment for the children', stigma of divorce, and hurt extended family members etc!

In forgiving, the hurting partner is healed. In repentance, the erring partner shows re-dedication to the marriage and God, and THE WHOLE FAMILY IS RE-UNITED (God, Husband, wife and Children). Yes, there will be a period of hurting but holding on to that hurt for long creates an avenue for the devil to creep in and totally destroy the marriage (and the children) and possibly ruin the hurting partner's life through e.g psychological problems, and the erring partner's life through e.g STDs or rebellion. THE BEST AND MOST SIMPLE SOLUTION IS STILL GO BACK TO GOD as the other routes could lead to either partner disobeying God more (e.g adultery, backsliding, unforgiving, unloving, divorce etc or ultimately loss of salvation) which is not what christians should be doing.

The devil knows the best place to strike - THE FAMILY! We can see the results of broken families all around us - a rebellious people! It's best to choose a GODLY PARTNER from the start, and work together with God TO KEEP THE DEVIL OUT OF THE FAMILY! Ever imagined what this world would be like if every family unit stayed together?[/b]
Re: Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity by tpia5: 7:04am On Dec 01, 2010
^^true about the rebellion part.

hardness of heart also applies here.

not everyone wants to retrace their steps after going haywire, in which case the only solution is to let their own wicked ways catch up with them.

sad but a lot of things happen in this day and age.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Benny Hinn And Wife Remarry / A Touching And Amazing Testimony Of An Ex Muslim (MUST READ) / Spiritual Warfare.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.