Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,176 members, 7,845,866 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers (14569 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Government Is Complicit - Adegboruwa / June 12: Governor Akeredolu Grants Amnesty To 28 Inmates In Ondo / Islamic New Year: Sokoto Government Declares Monday Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by mmsen: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2019
qualityovenbake:
This tactics that our forefathers used back then won't work on this generation. Ghost worker that is receiving salary monthly without working should come forward.

What tactics?

What did they do that worked?

They mismanaged all the resources with a much smaller population. How much worse would it be now with the population as it is?
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Ekpekus(m): 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
This country is a joke!!!
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by AnthonyVal: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
Personally, I don't believe in the phenomenon of "ghost workers". The reason is very simple.Either they are ghosts or they are "workers". If they are ghosts, they should be resting in their Graves. If they're workers then they should be paid.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Kuginzi: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2019
taylor89:
Musa always complaining he has seen it all at gate

Can you imagine the rubbish granting AMNESTY to ghost workers

Cut off SS in Nigerian map and see how many northerners will die like a finished candle wax

Thunder fire Buhari
You're not serious. How on Earth do people draw conclusion based on d headline alone without reading through. Is Buhari d Governor of Sokoto State?
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by MetaPhysical: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
aah aaah, eleyi tun ga gaan ke, kilode!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amnesty to people with no known name or address.

Very soon we go grant amnesty to armed robbers.
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ghost working is the conduit used in sharing states allowance in the north ask any aboki 4 sokoto Im go tell u say im dey work 4 Secretariat...
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Advancedman(m): 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
taylor89:
Musa always complaining he has seen it all at gate

Can you imagine the rubbish granting AMNESTY to ghost workers

Cut off SS in Nigerian map and see how many northerners will die like a finished candle wax

Thunder fire Buhari
Abuse of amnesty
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by freshboy31: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
Overself:
I am enjoying earning with DiskoverU Sosyal. Join me using my code SO-aspvna17es and get $0.25 on your registration.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duke.diskoverusosyal
Can you give me an insight into the matter ??
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by sapientia(m): 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
Is it not over?
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by mechanics(m): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2019
Maybe they will absorb them
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Monday60655(m): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2019
How can you achieve this even when the members in charge of the task are also victims
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by iamawara(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2019
99% of you posting rubbish as comments did not read completely, or are yet to comprehend.
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by BluntBoy(m): 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
AnthonyVal:
Personally, I don't believe in the phenomenon of "ghost workers". The reason is very simple.Either they are ghosts or they are "workers". If they are ghosts, they should be resting in their Graves. If they're workers then they should be paid.

The phenomenon is real, and it happens through two ways:

1. The person does not do any actual work for the company and yet he is on their payroll. This always happens through a scheme where a government worker uses a real person as a ghost worker. The corrupt government worker is aware of this person, but the government (the employer) is not aware. The government worker and the ghost worker then share their proceeds every month.

2. A government worker dies, but some corrupt people/persons manages to keep them on the payroll. The ghost worker is innocent (because they are dead and are not participating in the fraud).
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by livebyday(m): 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2019
grin
Sokoto governor: ghost workers who have been illegally taking wages without working come forward you are forgiven let us know you

Criminal ghost worker : are we foolish? grin

This won't work Mr Governor
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by bikefab(m): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
This is the AMNESTY government. Everyone is getting AMNESTY, Boko Haram, Bandits, Herdsmen, Kidnappers. Now it is the turn of ghost workers. Shame no dey una face. Mumu people.
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Bigflamie(m): 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sometimes, I wonder if these our governors always take hard drugs.

Their decisions confirm my suspicion.
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Overself: 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
freshboy31:
Can you give me an insight into the matter ??
Is a new chatting app. U earn money when u download it n also earn the same amount for every single referral that download d app

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2019
I hear
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by teemy(m): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
I thought the definition of ghost worker is someone who isn't a worker but receives salary at the end of every month. As in, a director can add the account numbers of 5 of his cousins into payroll and they are being paid, in this case, who will come out for amnesty, the director or his cousins? If his cousins, will they be automatically employed?

A faster way than having to over stretch security resources in tracking them. This also makes it easy to use the director's cousins as state witnesses. Lots of loopholes will be discovered and it will be an easy win to charge any unrepentant ghost to court. grin
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Coolgent(m): 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2019
Welcome development,
Kudus to Governor Tambuwal and his able Commissioner of Finance Hon. Abdussamad Dasuki.
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by ForbesHomesNG(m): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2019
chakula:

You got a lot to do in correcting people's grammar here. Kindly visit education section and register your present. Cheers!
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Masterpiece77: 11:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
I sell shoes.. kindly view my signature.
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by almarthins(m): 3:45am On Nov 30, 2019
ijewejones:
Amnesty to ghost workers

Amnesty to keep collecting free money or amnesty to accept them as real workers

Sokoto state...seems what sokoto government is looking for in sokoto is now in shukoto..

What English is best to qualify some silly acts in this country shocked grin

Me self confuse too. Amnesty to ghost workers?? Ghost dey get amnesty again?
I tink say na only d living dey get such
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by ussv: 4:39am On Nov 30, 2019
How practicable is it to grant amnesty to ghost workers ? This country tire me.
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by Dshocker(m): 5:08am On Nov 30, 2019
Corruption has eaten deep down into our fabric,to the extent that any storyline can be formulated to cover up their tracks........ Amnesty to 8000 workers indeed.
Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by juman(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2019
mmsen:

What tactics?

What did they do that worked?

They mismanaged all the resources with a much smaller population. How much worse would it be now with the population as it is?

Yeah.
The greedy oloriburuku generation of people.
They are generation of thieves and idiots.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Government Grants Amnesty To 8,000 Ghost Workers by juman(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2019
The headline be somehow.
But the news content show government trying to figure out and purge out ghost workers.

Nevertheless one would say their government is not fully in control of its finances.
Government MUST be able to weed out ghost workers by its own.

One nigeria is ineffective and a mess.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simi: Election Budget Should Have Been Used To Fix Hospitals And Schools / Sanwo-Olu Disowns Group That Accused Osinbajo Of Manipulation. / FACT CHECK: Have Police Reinstated DCP Kyari After Probe In Hushpuppi’s Fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.