Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,462 members, 7,836,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Your Thoughts On Nudity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On Nudity (2425 Views)

Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Laments 'Level Of Nudity' In Weddings / Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity / Lust Is the Problem, Not Nudity, For Without Lust, Nudity Is Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by nlPoster: 2:48am On Dec 06, 2019
Another fact:

If earlier non Africans had quailed at the thought of nudity, probably very few Africans would be Christians today.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 3:06am On Dec 06, 2019
nlPoster:
Genesis 3:7
NIV
Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

KJV
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

ISV
As a result, they both understood what they had done, and they became aware that they were naked. So they sewed fig leaves together and made loincloths for themselves.

ERV
Then it was as if their eyes opened, and they saw things differently. They saw that they were naked. So they got some fig leaves, sewed them together, and wore them for clothes.

AMP
Then the eyes of the two of them were opened [that is, their awareness increased], and they knew that they were naked; and they fastened fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.

[img]https://s5/images/LoinHebrew.jpg[/img]

nlPoster, it is the less careful of our Bible translators who translate "chagorot" or "chagowr," "coverings" in English, as ordinary "apron(s)." The Genesis 3:7 Hebrew word used in the original text there is "chagorot" or "chagowr" and it literally means girdle (i.e. to wrap about the loins) Of course, aside any pretence(s), you know what a girdle is, know what it looks like and/or shapes as, lol, nlPoster,

Watch this nlPoster, lol, have you never wondered why they didnt cover up their hands and mouths, erhn? Afterall they disobeyed God's express command not to take off the Tree of the Knowlege of Good and Evil (i.e. TKGE) by taking with the hand and eating with the mouth.

nlPoster, if a prohibited fruit and/or food, lol, is prematurely taken and/or eaten, lol, and as a result of that, the transgression of a precept has been committed, what, then, when its a prohibited fruit and/or food that was taken with the hand and mouth, is the meaning for Adam and Eve to turn and look towards covering the region of their hips and/or areas of their sexual organs, concealing their sexual members, as in, covering up the kpekus and blokos or abuna, their tsk, tsk, tsk, naughty bits, lol.

nlPoster:
Another fact:
If earlier non Africans had quailed at the thought of nudity, probably very few Africans would be Christians today.
Do we have nudist colonies, nudiest beaches and naturist resorts in West Africa, lol? No, but that right there, is one promising economy to take advantage off, lol

You want to discuss nudity, right? OK, since the New Testament originally is written in Greek, lets talk of Greek nudity then, erhn, nlposter, lol? How much of public nudist statues showing Instruments, have we in Naija? Why are Greek statues nakẹd? What do the Greeks think of nakẹdness? Are you aware that the word "gymnasium" comes from the Greek word "gymnos", meaning "nakẹd"

"Man right from the beginning and before the fall from grace was always physically nude, but were clothed in God's protective righteousness and so though nude, they didnt mind their nakẹdness. It was at the point of fall from grace, that they lost their protective cloth of righteousness. Upon realisation of this, they then embarked on hiding themselves from God and tried cover up, with fig leaves, the incriminating evidence, showing they have eaten off the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil

No, au naturel or even full frontal nudity itself, was not and is not the sin. It is the act(s) that developed from nursing and toying with the idea to eat off the ToKGE that itself turned to sin.

Nah, it was the shame. Why do you think, petty thieves are stripped buck nakẹd? It simply is to shame them

There is more than the eyes see. That racy Genesis chapter 3, is full of double entendres, lol. If you know, you know. Who no know, no go know
"
- Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 12:33am On Dec 02

I am sure, you're aware that the Greeks, back in the day, trained nakẹd in the gym, they did competitive sports stark buck nakẹd. It was such that, when a youth removes his clothes to compete in the ancient Olympic Games, the frame of mind is that he is not standing nakẹd before his fellow sport competitor(s) and/or the arena of sports, but rather he has put on the uniform of the righteousness, lol.

As I've previously advanced, Africans, Naija for example, see nudity, as a sign of humiliation, a means to humiliate and/or to shame, and so, this is why, at any earliest opportunity, they're eager and quick to waste no time in publicly stripping nakẹd easy targets alleged market or community thieves, smh. Well, the bible, in some respect, in Nahum 3:5, Isaiah 20:3-5, Ezekiel 16:37 etcetera associates nakẹdness with shame and humiliation, too, lol.

nlPoster, what grates right in the head people, what level-headed people really will quail over is, obscenity, improper nudity, public indecency, indecent exposure, lewd conduct etcetera. Non Africans didnt meet the Yorubas nakẹd, they met having agbada, buba, sokoto and fila, danshiki with a befitting cap, flowing babaringa, iro ati buba and gele on.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by nlPoster: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2019
Few things to mention:

- with any topic, there is a generalized context everyone or anyone can relate with. It doesnt mean an issue being discussed, is about a particular person.

- not everyone can be comfortable with this type of discussion. Hence I strive to keep it as clear and mundane as possible, without distracting imagery or words.

- having a conversation on the forum, with someone's enemy, or someone somebody else has a problem with, is not to be interpreted as me taking sides, true it can happen but that's not what is happening now.

- my reason for opening this thread is because we cant always avoid nudity no matter how religious we are. We could try our best to avoid it, how well we do that is in God's hands.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
nlPoster:
Few things to mention:

- with any topic, there is a generalized context everyone or anyone can relate with. It doesnt mean an issue being discussed, is about a particular person.

- not everyone can be comfortable with this type of discussion. Hence I strive to keep it as clear and mundane as possible, without distracting imagery or words.

- having a conversation on the forum, with someone's enemy, or someone somebody else has a problem with, is not to be interpreted as me taking sides, true it can happen but that's not what is happening now.

- my reason for opening this thread is because we cant always avoid nudity no matter how religious we are. We could try our best to avoid it, how well we do that is in God's hands.
What and/or who brought on, you giving all this explanations? Why was it necessary to make the above comment? Why did you believe you had to explain yourself for opening up such a helpful, useful and educational thread? Why have you reasons to defend yourself for whoever you chose to have a discourse with about the thread's subject heading?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by nlPoster: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
Perception matters.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
nlPoster:
Perception matters.
It's true but I often will stop giving explanations when I've sensed the other person only understands from his/her level of base perception.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by nlPoster: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
noted.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 12:37am On Dec 17, 2019
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10740605_fbimg1576515440364_jpeg612386d3a1ed65ea56638833098d295e

Ebonyi Women Protest Topless In Front Of Government House Over Sons' Arrest
https://www.nairaland.com/5584879/ebonyi-women-protest-topless-front

nlPoster:
Thoughts on nudity

nlPoster:
Alright, let me give mine.
We Africans used to be nude prior to colonization. Now, we're not thanks to the influence of modernization and religion.
Although, our traditional religions are ok with nudity.

Wazobiamax22:
God bless our mothers
Not nude for fashion sake but for a good cause.

Chaos everywhere, Mr governor please look into it ASAP.
Every child is precious

Ijawwomaninoyo:
The day Ekiti women did this same thing, they were called all sort or imprinted names including 'Old witches'.
These are what now?
As we see made use of here, nudity is sometimes used as an organized public demonstration tactic during a civil protest/disturbance to attract media and public attention to a grievance(s)

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:04am On Dec 17, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10740605_fbimg1576515440364_jpeg612386d3a1ed65ea56638833098d295e

Ebonyi Women Protest Topless In Front Of Government House Over Sons' Arrest
https://www.nairaland.com/5584879/ebonyi-women-protest-topless-front

As we see made use of here, nudity is sometimes used as an organized public demonstration tactic during a civil protest/disturbance to attract media and public attention to a grievance(s)

But nobody knew that when Ekiti women did this, they were called a lot of bad names.
They were called 'Stupid Afonjas' , 'Old witches' etc Their breasts were made jest of even though they did theirs in the night not broad day light.
When these ones' breasts were made jest of, now they see something wrong with that.
I hope you are getting my point.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 9:13am On Dec 17, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
But nobody knew that when Ekiti women did this, they were called a lot of bad names.
They were called 'Stupid Afonjas' , 'Old witches' etc Their breasts were made jest of even though they did theirs in the night not broad day light.
When these ones' breasts were made jest of, now they see something wrong with that.
I hope you are getting my point.

MuttleyLaff:
I recall my long time ago RIP paternal grandma, who use to go about the home, balcony and all, showcasing her opened for all to see, hanging down limply breasts/boobs. She just puts on her wrapper at waist level and be going about her business. She wasnt crazy, senile or anything like like that. No one bats an eyelid, no one cared and no one thought anything untoward about it.

I doubt that its still being done nowadays. Its just as you said nlPoster, it was an unashamed African culture thing going on, with no negative connotation attached to it.
You are not making any point for me to get because as you can see from the above, my paternal grandma RIP, did this too and she was not stupid, was no witch, and wasnt laughed at, but actually was a God fearing woman, who even was made the matron of her aladura church sef when alive
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

You are not making any point for me to get because as you can see from the above, my paternal grandma RIP, did this too and she was no witch, she actually was a God fearing woman who was made the matron of her aladura church sef when alive

Do you understand English Language? I said when Ekiti women did it even though in the dark, they were castigated by the Igbos right here and called names, nobody justified their reason for doing it.
It is done in the East now, they are justifying the women's action but not calling them the names they called the Ekiti women.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
Do you understand English Language?
and what is the meaning of this comment, what's it supposed to mean? No I dont understand English. Are you planning to translate in vernacular to me ni? angry angry angry

Ijawwomaninoyo:
I said when Ekiti women did it even though in the dark, they were castigated by the Igbos right here and called names, nobody justified their reason for doing it.
It is done in the East now, they are justifying the women's action but not calling them the names they called the Ekiti women.
Did you read MuttleyLaff calling the Ekiti women names huh? I only mentioned your moniker with that of Wazobiamax22 because you two were the only ones on that thread you have a complaint with, who seemed to be sensible, not being childish and not making ignorant comments.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:43am On Dec 17, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
and what is the meaning of this comment supposed to be? No I dont understand English. Are you planning to translate in vernacular to me ni? angry angry angry

Did you read MuttleyLaff calling the Ekiti women names huh? I only mentioned your moniker with that of Wazobiamax22 because you two were the only ones on that thread you have a complaint with, who seemed to be sensible, not being childish and not making ignorant comments.

I said the East insulted the Ekiti women when they did it even in the darkness, they never thought of justifying the women's action then but justifying the Eastern women's action even in broad day light.
What did you get?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
I said the East insulted the Ekiti women when they did it even in the darkness, they never thought of justifying the women's action then but justifying the Eastern women's action even in broad day light.
What did you get?
I am not remotely interested in or with your squabbles about Ekiti women gone nude and being called witches or whanot and the East not doing same but justifying their womenfolk ' action, I mentioned you just to get your attention to this brilliant thread put up by nlposter, to see whether you had matured contribution to make to it. My grandma RIP, an Ijebu, walked around with her wrapper round her waist with her breast hanging out in public display, nobody so much winced, complained, found it strange or odd, we all just went about business, just as usual, no big deal. You are unecessarily getting worked up because of a few special snowflakes on that thread not worth getting wound up over, lol. So what a few limpy hanging out breasts in broad day light, na only "okobo" (i.e. pervert) that one will shack nau, mtcheew. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I am not remotely interested in or with your squabbles about Ekiti women gone nude and being called witches or whanot and the East not doing same but justifying their womenfolk ' action, I mentioned you just to get your attention to this brilliant thread put up by nlposter, to see whether you had matured contribution to make to it. My grandma RIP, an Ijebu, walked around with her wrapper round her waist with her breast hanging out in public display, nobody so much winced, complained, found it strange or odd, we all just went about business, just as usual, no big deal. You are unecessarily getting worked up because of a few special snowflakes on that thread not worth getting wound up over, lol. So what a few limpy hanging out breasts in broad day light, na only "okobo" (i.e. pervert) that one will shack nau, mtcheew. angry angry angry

GET OFF MY MENTION! DAFT FOOL!
LET THEM CALL THEIR MOTHERS THE SAME NAMES THEY CALLED THE EKITI WOMEN WHEN THEY WERE POSTED ON NAIRALAND TOPLESS.
SIMPLE ENGLISH HE CAN'T COMPREHEND!
STOP QUOTING ME AND GET OFF MY MENTION!!!!!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
GET OFF MY MENTION! DAFT FOOL!
You're loosing it and fyi, you're a bigger daft fool than I ever would and/or could be, lol

Ijawwomaninoyo:
LET THEM CALL THEIR MOTHERS THE SAME NAMES THEY CALLED THE EKITI WOMEN WHEN THEY WERE POSTED ON NAIRALAND TOPLESS.
So you're getting unnecessarily all wound up because Ekiti women posted topless on Nairaland were called unsavoury names by a bunch of teenaged ignorant posters behaving childishly, erhn? Smh.

Ijawwomaninoyo:
SIMPLE ENGLISH HE CAN'T COMPREHEND!
Why not come and translate into Ekiti language for me to comprehend nau

Ijawwomaninoyo:
STOP QUOTING ME AND GET OFF MY MENTION!!!!!!
It hasnt dawned on you that I might stop quoting you if and/or when you stop quoting me, lol. It's not rocket science, lol.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 4:39am On Dec 19, 2019
"30Jesus replied with a story:
“A Jewish man was traveling from Jerusalem down to Jericho, and he was attacked by bandits.
They stripped him of his clothes (i.e. left him naked?), beat him up, and left him half dead beside the road.
31“By chance a priest (i.e. a pastor) came along. But when he saw the man lying there, he crossed to the other side of the road and passed him by.
32A Temple assistant (i.e. a choir master/usher/deacon etcetera) walked over and looked at him lying there, but he also passed by on the other side.
33“Then a despised Samaritan came along, and when he saw the man, he felt compassion for him.
34Going over to him, the Samaritan soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him.
35The next day he handed the innkeeper two silver coins,e telling him, ‘Take care of this man. If his bill runs higher than this, I’ll pay you the next time I’m here.’
"
- Luke 10:30-35

"I want you to share your food with the hungry and to provide shelter for homeless, oppressed people.
When you see someone naked, clothe him! Don't turn your back on your own flesh and blood!
"
- Isaiah 58:7

"35For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in,
36I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.'
"
- Matthew 25:35-36
Re: Your Thoughts On Nudity by MuttleyLaff: 11:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
"Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who remains awake and clothed,
so that he will not go naked and let his shame be exposed.
"
- Revelation 16:15

We know in our part of the world here in Naija public nakednẹss is a form of public disgracing and/ or public shaming, but incidentally as it happens, the Romans too were no exception to this. The Romans from the Persians the inventors, developed and perfected the art of death by crucifixion. Death by crucifixion by the Romans had the finishing touch and element of humiliation added to it. The condemned is expected to be subjected to some form of humiliation and made to be as vulnerable as possibly can, and so we have public unclothedness, this from getting stripped off clothing and left completely stark naked nothing left to the imagination exposed.

Artist traditionally show the figure on a cross with a loin cloth and/or a covering of the genitals, when in fact, the person being crucified normally would have being stripped naked. There is a crucifix attributed to Michelangelo, notably showing a naked crucifixion, so yeah, was Jesus crucified naked?
cc: Finallydead

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Of The "Religion Of Peace": Where Is Hatun Tash? / MODESTY - Marks Of A True Christian / What Can I Say Unto The Lord All I Have To Say Is Thank You Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.