Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon (19064 Views)

Bayelsa Senatorial Race: Supporters Clamour For Lyon, Dickson / ‘Dickson Has Set Trap For Lyon, Bayelsa Governor-Elect’ - Group / 9th National Assembly: The Future In Bleakness By Osobu Suuru Alexander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by verysoonexpect: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2019
okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Kuginzi: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2019
We want Biafra!
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Ten06(m): 6:52am On Nov 30, 2019
Don't be deceived they will all start decamping to APC any moment from now

1 Like

Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by lonelydora: 6:53am On Nov 30, 2019
anochuko01:

No porting by anybody.
They'll just have to share the loot agreeably. Jonathan plus mama pee would be the connecting rod, and if Lyon do too much, the assembly would all go against him.

Probably
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Whoiwannabe(m): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2019
It may take a little convincing, but eventually, APC will get the majority in that house. That's their MO. It happened in Edo State

1 Like

Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by GreenArrow1(m): 6:55am On Nov 30, 2019
Forget that thing. They will ALL decamp within minutes of each other. The state house of assembly is one of the most useless arms of government across all 36 states. Let him release small money first and see how they'll start denying their fathers' names one -by- one.

1 Like

Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by celeiyke: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2019
They will all move to APC. Na today?
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2019
JosEast:
With the emergence of the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Chief David Lyon, as governor-elect in Bayelsa State, he is expected to “scale the hurdle” and relate with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) dominated state House of Assembly. In the 24-member House, the PDP has 19 while APC now has five, with the conclusion of the supplementary election in Brass Constituency I where APC’s Charles Daniel won in last Saturday’s re-run in the constituency.

This would be the first time since 1999 that separate parties would control the executive and legislative arms of governance in the state. Certainly, the first leadership crisis that may ensue in the assembly is the change of the Speaker, Mr Monday Obolo, who is from the same Southern Ijaw LGA with the incoming governor, David Lyon. The chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, Barrister Jothan Amos, while speaking with Daily Trust on cooperation between the incoming governor and the House of Assembly, said Lyon, as a person who has interest in the development of Bayelsa and the empowerment of his people, would maintain a cordial working relationship with the legislators despite party affiliation. He said: “The incoming governor in person of Chief David Lyon is an amiable person and there is nobody he cannot work with, he can be alone in APC and still work with opposite lawmakers, he is known for development, so he will do very well because those people in the House of Assembly are yearning for development.

“This will be possible because the leadership of PDP under Governor Seriake Dickson has been oppressing them, they too are happy about the APC victory, so there is no cause for alarm, what Bayelsans need now is good governance, infrastructure developments and security, which Lyon promised during his campaigns. “What happened in the just concluded election was the manifestation of the will of the people who wanted to be librated from the bondage Dickson subjected them.

They simply expressed the fact that they were tired of darkness, underdevelopment, non-payment of salaries, too many abandoned projects, delapidated schools, insecurity and misappropriation of public funds. “The people expressed their disappointment in the PDP-led government at the polls, this was done without any form of financial inducement. If at all Dickson has learnt to receive wise counsel, I would suggest he rather starts offsetting the many debts he owes Bayelsa civil servants and not to continue to make comments that would bridge the existing peace Bayelsans currently enjoy. “Members of the Bayelsa House of Assembly should reason above party affiliations and join hands to work for a greater Bayelsa which the APC and the governor-elect promised, we should join hands together for the future of our children and Ijaw people.”

Speaking after receiving the certificate, Lyon who dedicated his victory to the people of the state, promised to carry every Bayelsan along and urged the people to bury party considerations and work for the common good of the state. He said: “I thank INEC for its commitment to the conclusion of the elections despite pressures to do otherwise. “To all the people of Bayelsa, this is the time to come together to build our dear state, my victory at the polls is for the people and I am assuring you, my people, that I will not fail you. “The APC-led administration will be for a total change which Bayelsa is going to be witnessing in the next few months. I believe in this context, everyone is a winner.

“Let us come together and ensure that the state develops and there will be ecurity and investors.” He said. A PDP House of Assembly member who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the lawmakers would work with the incumbent administration in the best interest of the state and democracy to thrive. He denied any plot to impeach or delay appointments made by the incoming governor, saying that since the people of Bayelsa had spoken through the ballots, the lawmakers would respect the people’s will. “Every Bayelsan is yearning for development, none of us is planning for confrontation with the incoming governor, I believe when the time comes, the leadership of the House will make a statement, but as far as I’m concerned, we should be more after the good of our state and not busy about which party controls the arms of government.

“Our duty is to make laws and carry out our oversight functions properly, we should not antagonize the executive, the same way the executive will not under-estimate us, we are all working for the good of Bayelsans. “If the governor sends any communication when he is sworn-in, we will consider it, its our duty, the people of our state have spoken, we should not stand against it,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pdp-dominated-assembly-the-next-fight-for-lyon.html

Lyon is PDP.

He decamped to apc a few months back so it's not a big deal
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by micgray100(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2019
Is a matter of time... He will defect to PDP...

I help register Limited Liability Company with CAC for a token of 75k within 5working days. Over 200 commendations from fellow Nairalander I have previously worked for in my trend.
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Quality20(m): 7:05am On Nov 30, 2019
He can always decamp to PDP na, Ortom and dat ex gov of kwara did same
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Kuginzi: 7:06am On Nov 30, 2019
darthv:
Mtcheew pDp or APc all na the same
Give us Biafra
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Kuginzi: 7:06am On Nov 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Lyon is PDP.

No matter what, give us Biafra
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by ashantitope: 7:14am On Nov 30, 2019
Very soon you will discover that everyone has jump to APC
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Topmaike007(m): 7:21am On Nov 30, 2019
Saraki loading 3.0
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by crackhouse(m): 7:29am On Nov 30, 2019
There's nothing to fight there. All of them will decamp on their own when the time comes.
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by dochenaj: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2019
Is it not Nigeria again? Give it 6 months max, and that house will be an APC majority.

Is cross carpeting and Nigerian politicians not 5&6 again?

1 Like

Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by anytexy: 7:37am On Nov 30, 2019
Are you a learner? Abi you no be Naija. They will all port to APC
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by dochenaj: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2019
Quality20:
He can always decamp to PDP na, Ortom and dat ex gov of kwara did same
He won't decamp, the honourable members of the HOA will do the needful and decamp to APC.

Everyone in politics know that APC is a formidable force now, and if you can't beat them better join them. Only a man looking to commit political suicide will leave the APC for PDP in this political climate.

1 Like

Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Chukazu: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2019
Nigerian politicians have their price tag.

Only a matter of time most of the PDP candidates will decamp to APC... that Is Nigerian politics for you...no personal conviction, no moral standing only self interest
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by quickberry2(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2019
VivaDeAngelo:
What if he signed a secret pact with PDP to defect from APC? This thought keeps coming to me.

No be only defect, na reflect
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by flamingREED(m): 8:50am On Nov 30, 2019
Hmm.
They won house elections, he won state election.
Funke.

1 Like

Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by TGM2015: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2019
Not a threat as far as majority of PDP members makes him their governor.
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 9:20am On Nov 30, 2019
anochuko01:

No porting by anybody.
They'll just have to share the loot agreeably. Jonathan plus mama pee would be the connecting rod, and if Lyon do too much, the assembly would all go against him.

you so trusted Nigeria politician this much, so laughable

wait till he's swear in, it only take lobbying for PDP to loose 15 out of the 19 within 3 days
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by Validated: 9:51am On Nov 30, 2019
VivaDeAngelo:
What if he signed a secret pact with PDP to defect from APC? This thought keeps coming to me.
Your head dey there. With the way Wike and Jonathan and former first lady backed him, I suspect fowl play.

1 Like

Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by CSTR2: 10:40am On Nov 30, 2019
Bayelsa is still a PDP state. The people are still pro PDP.

Dickson was a complete failure that just had to go.

If Lyon is smart he would play well with the PDP in his state.
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by garfield1: 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Lyon is PDP.

You have started with your pdp induced tales.lyon joined apc in 2015 before the general polls
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by garfield1: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
Validated:
Your head dey there. With the way Wike and Jonathan and former first lady backed him, I suspect fowl play.
Wike didnt back him.gej is a democrat and a progressive who will back the right candidates irrespective of party lines
Re: PDP-Dominated Assembly: The Next Fight For Lyon by ForbesHomesNG(m): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2019
anochuko01:

No porting by anybody.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Bala Mohammed Says He Is Healthy And In Good Spirits / Hardship: Sack CBN Gov, Cardoso – Bwala Tells Tinubu How To Solve FOREX Crisis / Kogi Rerun: INEC Conducts Senatorial Election Without APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.