Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents (17328 Views)

How Buhari, Jonathan, Will Shape Bayelsa, Kogi Guber Polls / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks At Ijaw Elders Forum(photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Pidgin: 'Why I Dey Support Atiku Not Buhari' (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by naijabadoo(m): 7:51am On Dec 01, 2019
Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has pleaded with politicians to stop killing the masses during elections.

Jonathan said that what happened in the last governorship election in Bayelsa and Kogi States was something that should not happen in any normal society.

Making reference to the Peoples Democratic Party’s women leader who was burnt to death in her house, in Kogi State during the polls, the ex-president said something is fundamentally wrong with the political system.

He said that politicians were resorting to political coups as a substitute for military coups, critiquing the phenomenon as bad the continent.

Jonathan stated this at the weekend while speaking on behalf of other awardees at the convocation ceremony of Igbinedion University Okada, in Ovia North East Local Government Area of Edo State.

What happened in the last governorship elections in my state, Bayelsa State, and especially in Kogi State, where that young lady was burnt alive in her house, is something that should not happen in any normal society. Something is fundamentally wrong with our political system,” the former President stated.

“Only yesterday in Ndjamena, we were discussing the politics of our continent, most of us former Heads of States, Presidents, former Presidents, Vice Presidents.

“The way African politics is going we are replacing military coup with political coup d’etat and that cannot sustain the continent.

Let me plead with my fellow politicians, they should stop killing people,and destroying properties because people want to own offices,” he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/01/bayelsa-kogi-guber-jonathan-speaks-on-sad-incidents/amp/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by DonBenny77(m): 8:04am On Dec 01, 2019
Will they hear?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Brandstudio01: 8:15am On Dec 01, 2019
I have said it before and I will say it again, Our Political Leaders should be held accountable for all the Bloodshed
Because all this could've been put to rest with ordinarily Electrical Amendment. But our breed of Leaders will Rather prefer the Bloodshed than than putting putting the Human life first

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by UnitedNigeriaUN: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Story for the gods

Shut the fuucck up blood-loving Jihadist....

NgwalandAbia:
Which nonsense sad incident is he talking about when he cowardly gave this useless old for nothing son of illegal immigrant vegitable the office that is made for a pure Nigerian.. Jona I spit on your coward senseless manner in which you throw away the towel to this master of recession. Keep shut you are a disgrace to real Nigerians.

Provided he resorted into violence by refusing to hand over the mantle of Leadership, people like you would still come out and start spilling gibberish on how undemocratic a leader he is...

Unrepentant Sadists...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Hardewarlee(m): 8:31am On Dec 01, 2019
It’s a normal thing in Nigeria , This why I don’t blame those people who don’t come out to vote , And to those killing , remember Karma ! Anyways Happy New Month Guys

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by babyfaceafrica: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2019
noted
Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by FactBoyz: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Brandstudio01: 8:32am On Dec 01, 2019
Ok
Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by HEEBRAHIIM(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2019
All na scam
Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by JerryLegend(m): 8:34am On Dec 01, 2019
Y'all didn’t leave the right things in place why won’t this happen ??
Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Justix10: 8:34am On Dec 01, 2019
Bcg
Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by obi58: 8:34am On Dec 01, 2019
The sad truth.

Elections are now won at any cost.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by samyyoung1(m): 8:35am On Dec 01, 2019
Him self follow join, an elder statesman running local politics....he used up d remaining respect I had for him....shiorr

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by NgwalandAbia(m): 8:35am On Dec 01, 2019
Which nonsense sad incident is he talking about when he cowardly gave this useless old for nothing son of illegal immigrant vegitable the office that is made for a pure Nigerian.. Jona I spit on your coward senseless manner in which you throw away the towel to this master of recession. Keep shut you are a disgrace to real Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by joelag: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2019
Indirectly discrediting Buhari's INEC.
Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by RolexOfGeneva(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2019
It's just so sad that we don't hear stuffs like dis in other continents. I don't think Africa will survive as a continent by the next 1000 years with the way things are going. We should start looking for other systems of government besides democracy cause it's definitely irrelevant to we Africans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by pablobellins(m): 8:38am On Dec 01, 2019
[s]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

GEJ should stop seeking relevance with all his sanctimonious talks.
He alone is the architect of the electoral decadence of today.

If only he had the balls to sit tight and call off Jega's bluff, Nigerians may have had a better life.
But he mumuishly handed over despite seeing how flawed the election was.

I've never seen such cluelessness.
With the power vested in me, I prophesy that may none of our descendants be found sleeping on duty or overly clueless in the face of power like GEJ.

[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 01, 2019
Thank God you left power. You keep speaking likes a kindergarten teacher which you were. I don't I don't speak English well but I'm proud that I can use it and insult you whenever you misbehave.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by liv123: 8:39am On Dec 01, 2019
God will help Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by asatemple(f): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2019
I wish 70% of politicians can have the kind of mind you have, this country would have been a better place

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40am On Dec 01, 2019
Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has pleaded with politicians to stop killing the masses during elections.

Jonathan said that what happened in the last governorship election in Bayelsa and Kogi States was something that should not happen in any normal society.

God punish PDP for all these evil and violent politics they brought to Nigeria as a nation........along with all politicians involved in all the incessant killings.
They will all never know peace in their miserable lives.
No be curse,
na FACT!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Topmaike007(m): 8:42am On Dec 01, 2019
angry
Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:45am On Dec 01, 2019
cheesy

As clueless as GEJ..

Waste of political seat..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by LZAA: 8:53am On Dec 01, 2019
post=84517810:
Reading...
Shatap

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by ubimagos: 8:53am On Dec 01, 2019
If I comment now, his supporters will come after me, meanwhile, Nigerians witnessed the highest bloody incidences during elections under his watch, now playing the ostrich. Mind you it's not as if I am comparing a lesser evil with a bigger one as his fans would want to say.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by kittykollinxx(m): 9:13am On Dec 01, 2019
One way to stop this madness is to mandate all parties to pay 10 million each for any soul killed. Imagine losing an election and paying 100 million naira for 10 people killed

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Staro: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2019
Very sad
Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 01, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If only he had the balls to sit tight and call off Jega's bluff, Nigerians may have had a better life and consolidated on the progress of Yaradua.

He was scared of being Gbagboed when even Gbagbo wasn't scared.

God forbid that our descendants be found sleeping on duty or overly clueless in the face of power like GEJ.

. this is hate speech, the penalty for this is death by hanging! I hope you are aware?
Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 01, 2019
LZAA:
Shatap
hate speech, death by hanging

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa/kogi Guber: Jonathan Speaks On Sad Incidents by Gandollaar(f): 9:58am On Dec 01, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If only he had the balls to sit tight and call off Jega's bluff, Nigerians may have had a better life and consolidated on the progress of Yaradua.

He was scared of being Gbagboed when even Gbagbo wasn't scared.

God forbid that our descendants be found sleeping on duty or overly clueless in the face of power like GEJ.

I totally agree with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Settles For Indirect Primary In Ondo / Deborah Samuel: NBA Bows To Pressure, Postpones Sokoto SPIDEL Conference / Zambia Honours Obasanjo With Highest Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.