Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS; Remember Tomorrow Will Never End!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS; Remember Tomorrow Will Never End!!! (177 Views)

Wonders Shall Never End, "Bobo Chicago" 1970 Pix. Can Tinubu Deny This? / Wonders Shall Never end, See The Miracles Your Fingers Can Do, Pix / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS; Remember Tomorrow Will Never End!!! by ijoba22(m): 10:00am On Dec 01, 2019
While growing up, we used to sing a song on the assembly ground in my primary school day's early 2000's, which am sure, readers would know. It goes thus; parent listen to your children, we are the leaders of tomorrow, try to pay our school fees and give us sound education.
Now am in my early 20's have been asking myself the whereabout of tomorrow's leader we have been singing about? What has happened to our hope? Have they all gone into extinction? At some instance,I asked myself, did teacher tell us all that stories to make us strive for excellence in our studies? Was I deceived? Maybe the leader of tomorrow have gone into oblivion I thought.
The following rhetorical question that have been bordering my mind and it has began to affect my mental and physical state of equilibrium, digging deep and showing the nexus with sociopolitical and economics significant.
The whereabout of tomorrow's leader we have been singing about? We believed and many of us grew up believing the saying that the youth are the leader of tomorrow. Little did we know that it was a fantasy and fallacy to be believed in. They ( the elite ) appealed to our conscience by giving us what I described as false hope in order to give the room to carry on with governance and the overall control of the economy.
Looking back to the political sphere of this country after the first the coup ( though) some call it revolution, the class of 1966 are the one ruling the country till date, for the sake of peace and progress name of host and cabal will not be mentioned, 2023 is ahead and the name that run through media wave are from the cabal class of 1966.
Looking closely at the recent civil war conducted in kogi state call election, I really wonder are the youth ready to take up the mantle of leadership. Just because of meals ticket that can't sustained more than two day lose their sanity,morality, conscience and integrity's. What pain me to the cell of my bone is the self appraise they give give themselves publicly. What surprise me most is that those actor are pundit in various profession.
The ever increasing in the use of drugs, premarital sex and cultism are seriously the whereabout of tomorrow leader we are singing about. Substance abuse have lead many youlth to be vulnerable instrument in the hand of power monger to unleash terror at their command under the influence of substances. They claim their aim are honor, vengeance and solidarity, I ask my self what is honor in causing trouble,vengeance when one of them is lowered below seven feet. The productivel capacity of some youth have been reduce due to premarital sex, cultism and drugs abuse.
What happen to our hope? It's ruinous of the governing class to have forgotten that most valuable and treasured resources we have are the youths. It's shameful that successive governments have appointed old people to decide the future of young people in the country. It also very unfortunate that religion and ethnicity difference have divide the stronghold of Nigerian youth. Just remembering the activities of national association of Nigerian student (NANS) under the military era, what we have now is merely a figure head union. It's not enough to trade blames, we must come out of the delusion and position ourselves strategically, we may never become the leader of today, much less leaders of tomorrow. Well am optimistic that we can do better if and only if we can come together. One grain does not fill a sack, but it help.
Political revolution is neither a child play nor tea party,we would be building false hope to assume that we would get liberated without challenging the obstinacy of the old order with better ideas to usher in the new world order.

IBITOMI OLAWLE OLALOWO

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Elections: The Winners, Losers / Fowoso’s Empowerment Unquantifiable, Says Akeredolu / My 2cent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.