Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn (3970 Views)

The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / ‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / Update On The Onitsha Second Niger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by adconline(m): 7:19am On May 25, 2007
ASABA — THE construction of the much-awaited second River Niger bridge was yesterday flagged off by President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The N58.6 billion bridge which is expected to be completed between three and half years is to be built under public-private partnership with the Gitto Group providing 60 per cent of the fund, Federal Government 20 per cent while the Anambra and Delta State Governments would contribute 10 per cent each towards the project.

President Obasanjo attributed the delay in the take off of the project to the search for a legal framework for such public-private sector partnership in the development of the nation’s infrastructure, noting that the second Niger Bridge was the second in the series of such Public/Private partnership in road infrastructure undertaken by his government, the first being the one linking Kogi and Nassarawa states.

He said that “where the bridge connects two states like this and like the one we just carried out between Kogi and Nassarawa, the equity will be the private sector 60 per cent, Federal Government 20 per cent and each of the two states 10 per cent. So, we are going to look for ways of doing this type of thing more and more. We cannot expect government to provide all the infrastructures that we need for a fast developing country.

“The private sector coming in and what is important is to encourage private sector to come in to ensure that their investment is secured

NB

Why did it take OBJ's government up to the last week of his tenure to award to this mega contract to this unknown Gitto Company? It could have been left for Yar'dua's government. I hope Soludo is not being used to loot our reserves the way Abubakar did. Why can’t this government do something that will be exemplary?
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by dblock(m): 8:58am On May 25, 2007
Gitto group is a trustworthy company. Their projects are usually delayed, but the reslut is always World Class.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by adconline(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2007
where are their major projects in Naija
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by dblock(m): 2:07pm On May 26, 2007
They completed the Ecumenical Centre in Abuja, they are constructing the Bodo Bonny road in Rivers State.

Although Gitto Group is an italian company, Gitto Construzioni Generali Nigeria Limited is 100% Nigerian
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by adconline(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2007
so they have not been involved in any bridge project of this magnitude. The reason why I am saying this is that Onitsha Owerri road was awarded to this type of faceless company (CCC) These are Nigerians fronting to use whitemen to get FG contracts. It looks like they do not have any track record on bridge construction. Most civil engineering firms in Naija can undertake a structural project like Ecumenical centre but not River Niger Bridge construction.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by dblock(m): 3:02pm On May 26, 2007
, but, Gitto Group, have constructed much larger structures.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by adconline(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2007
there is a big difference building a structure and constructing a river niger bridge. larger structures as in what? You only mentioned two projects with no bridge construction record.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by Afam(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2007
dblock:

, but, Gitto Group, have constructed much larger structures.

For example,
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by Iman3(m): 8:25pm On May 26, 2007
dblock:

They completed the Ecumenical Centre in Abuja, they are constructing the Bodo Bonny road in Rivers State.

Although Gitto Group is an italian company, Gitto Construzioni Generali Nigeria Limited is 100% Nigerian

Abeg, guys,does this make any sense?
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by dblock(m): 12:32am On May 27, 2007
Gitto Group, is an Italian firm, with many subsidiaries

Gitto Construzioni Generali Nigeria Limited, is one of those subsidiaries, however Gitto Construzioni Generali Nigeria Limited is owned by Nigerian entrepeneurs. It's a bit like what Vodacom is to Vodafone.

Gitto Group built the MESSINA-PALERMO HIGHWAY in Italy aswell as the infamous Leonardo da Vinci Airport in Rome
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by dblock(m): 12:39am On May 27, 2007
Here's a Picture of the Afa Creek Bridge in Cross River, constructed by Gitto
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by Iman3(m): 5:43pm On May 27, 2007
dblock:

Gitto Group, is an Italian firm, with many subsidiaries

Gitto Construzioni Generali Nigeria Limited, is one of those subsidiaries, however Gitto Construzioni Generali Nigeria Limited is owned by Nigerian entrepeneurs. It's a bit like what Vodacom is to Vodafone.

Gitto Group built the MESSINA-PALERMO HIGHWAY in Italy aswell as the infamous Leonardo da Vinci Airport in Rome

The thing is,if the "subsidiary" is 100% Nigerian owned,then it is no longer a subsidiary of the Gitto Group,the Group being Italian.

I think its important to know the ownership structure of this company
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by dblock(m): 10:45pm On May 27, 2007
I think its important to know the ownership structure of this company

Not really, Julius Berger has built most bridges and roads in Nigeria, they built the Nnamdi Azikwe Airport in Abuja, but Julius Berger is a subsidiary of Bilfinger and Berger. Yet nothing but good has come out of Julius Berger's presence in the country. I believe Gitto, needs to recieve the same ovation
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by obonyunmi(f): 10:48pm On May 27, 2007
what is the talk about - Nigerians - if they are not complaining the money is too much - they are complaining about the competence of an internationally reknowed engineering compnay - na wa o -
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by Nobody: 12:44am On May 28, 2007
@dblock

Afa Creek Bridge in Cross River is not the Niger Bridge, do you know the traffic volume that goes through Niger Bridge everyday with the costant hold ups?

Hopefully they know what they're doing though!
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by adconline(m): 12:48am On May 28, 2007
obo_nyunmi

what is the talk about - Nigerians - if they are not complaining the money is too much - they are complaining about the competence of an internationally reknowed engineering compnay - na wa o -

because some Nigerian are more rational and thoughtful than their government and apologists.  I wonder what you meant by internationally renowned engineering company. Could you also tell us their scope of global presence and engineering ingenuity?
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by dblock(m): 10:43pm On May 28, 2007
Donzman:

@dblock

Afa Creek Bridge in Cross River is not the Niger Bridge, do you know the traffic volume that goes through Niger Bridge everyday with the costant hold ups?

Hopefully they know what they're doing though!

I never said it was the Niger Bridge. I was simply posting a Pic, because some people questioned if Gitto was active in that Genre!
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by Seun(m): 10:54pm On May 28, 2007
Without a link to the page you got this story from, it cannot be trusted. What's the source of this story?
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by adconline(m): 11:10pm On May 28, 2007
Chief Seun.

Why did you delete my posts that never offended anybody? I challenged obo_nyunmi who called me names to argue intellectually instead of name calling. Could you tell me how that post offended you? Why did you not delete that post when it first attacked me? You acted when I urged her to adopt analytical approach toward her debate. You have to be fair in your dealings with other members. You MUST act that New Nigeria you would love to see and live in. Good luck

Eleventh commandment of Nairaland. Thou shall not trust a story without a website

By the way, I got this quote from my bible. Do you also want a link for this?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/may07/25052007/f725052007.html
Re: Second Niger Bridge Awarded To Gitto Group At N58.6bn by DisGuy: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
2007 shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Donates N10m To Jigawa Flood Victims / Nigeria Talks Tough, Warns South Africa Over Seized $5.7 Million Arms Money / New CBN Policy On Trapped ATM Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.