Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation (11221 Views)

Sani Musa & Sabi Abdullahi: ‘Niger State Overtaken By Bandits’ / Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats / Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by agwom(m): 5:50am On Dec 02, 2019
Deputy Chief Whip of the Senate Senator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi has said opponents of the Hate Speech Bill are ignorant of the dangers that loom if the bill is not passed into law. In a statement he signed Sunday, Senator Abdullahi said the opponents were only pretending to protect ‘Freedom of Speech’ by misinforming Nigerians on the intent of the legislation before the National Assembly.

The lawmaker, therefore, warned Nigerians to beware of “false information being spilled out by some persons and groups parading themselves as serving the interest of the nation”. Citing a report by the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) on ‘Overcoming Dangerous Speech and Endemic Religious Divides in Central Nigeria’, Senator Sabi Abdullahi said persons with strong bias capable of escalating ethnic and religious violence are infiltrating the media. According to him, such persons and groups are opposed to the passage of a Hate Speech law by the National Assembly as same would put an end to their trade that depends on using ethnic and religious bias for the realization of self-serving interests.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/dangers-loom-without-hate-speech-bill-senator-sabi-abdullahi.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 02, 2019
Danger looms with official corruption in Nigeria. Deal with that!

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by GOFRONT(m): 5:55am On Dec 02, 2019
Anytime NwaAmaikpe shared his post with me, I tried to open the thread to read his comments only for me to see they have removed or deleted his post, leaving only his Moniker behind.......

Whoever that is behind this should have a fear of God. Fire fire fire!!!

8 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 02, 2019
According to him, such persons and groups are opposed to the passage of a Hate Speech law by the National Assembly as same would put an end to their trade that depends on using ethnic and religious bias for the realization of self-serving interests.

Corruption breeds hatespeech... if you dont kill corruption, you cant kill hatespeech.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Brandstudio01: 5:56am On Dec 02, 2019
Honestly, I Feel like crying for our unborn children.
When will African Leaders stop embarrassing it citizens. Can we stop thinking and acting like Elians. Is the Nigerian Government criticised on Social Media more than the American Government and many other part of the world. If the answer is no, then why haven't their law makers Regulated their Social Media space?

For goodness sake Mr Senator sir, please i have just one Question for you.
Are you saying that Nigeria is the Only country whose Government is criticised on Social media.

No wonder we are referred to as a 3rd World County.
Shame on all of you who call yourself Leaders.
None among these Resource hungry Guys has Raised a motion for the Punishment of Corrupt Politicians which is our major problem in this country
No Genuine Government fight corruption by striping people of their voices especially in a time when people go into politics just to Loot.

What this Social Media Bill means is that, these guys has declared a war against the Destinies of unborn Children

Anyway see my Profile if you need a Logo or Company Letterhead for your Company

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by lastmessenger: 6:01am On Dec 02, 2019
This guy deserve not to be in the senate. This shows why the country is in such a worse state. How can a human in the 21st century seek to control peoples expressions?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by juvewalex(m): 6:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Corruption has been killing Nigeria for ages not hate speech.

8 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by jidamsel43(m): 6:21am On Dec 02, 2019
Any bill that will protect these Nigerian looter will be given undue attention and priority. But any masses oriented bill like death penalty for corrupt politician will be dead on arrival.
These people are not representing us but their interest

8 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Chibuzoc(m): 6:33am On Dec 02, 2019
Death sentence for looters

8 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by godwinkessi: 6:34am On Dec 02, 2019
So why can’t a very rugged General wake up one morning and Announce his Regime on the national Radio while dissolving this Oppressive Senate angry

Don’t we have dictators again in Nigerian military?

3 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 02, 2019
what is hate speech? y ar they so much concerned about it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by omoadeleye(m): 6:36am On Dec 02, 2019
If millions of Nigerians are saying things against the politicians, then they can nuke everyone just because there's law,..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by phlame(m): 6:36am On Dec 02, 2019
Ode!!!

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by edo3(m): 6:37am On Dec 02, 2019
K
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 02, 2019
mad man, you want to loot without being criticized

4 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Racoon(m): 6:40am On Dec 02, 2019
So of all the problems that are troubling Nigeria including the APC govt self-inflicted problems, the only thing that obsessed this slowpoke is the hate speech/social media regulation bill? See the imbeciles legislating for Nigeria? angry Meanwhile

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 02, 2019
what we need is death penalty for looters

4 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by saheedbadmus(m): 6:43am On Dec 02, 2019
Hmm
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Xisnin(m): 6:43am On Dec 02, 2019
GOFRONT:
Anytime NwaAmaikpe shared his post with me, I tried to open the thread to read his comments only for me to see they have removed or deleted his post, leaving only his Moniker behind.......

Whoever that is behind this should have a fear of God. Fire fire fire!!!
SMH
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by teadrake(m): 6:44am On Dec 02, 2019
Just look at the submission of a senator representing a particular constituency. You have brought an unimaginable shame to the people who elected you into office. If you were a common man just like me,would you have even thought about Hate speech bill at all when thousands are hungry in this country, a country referred to as a place where multidimensional poverty is the order of the day. You couldn't sponsor a bill eradicating the allocation of job slots to senators,you couldn't sponsor a bill that call for the reduction of bogus salary and allowance which you're currently earning by sitting down without achieving nothing!! I even learnt some of you guys don't even make any contribution towards sensitive matter in the floor of the Senate yet you receive your sitting allowance. Please who did we offend in this country?? What kind of situation is this??

7 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Xisnin(m): 6:44am On Dec 02, 2019
Hate speech = Speech that a politician don't like.

Our law already covers libel, slander, and incitement to violence, yet
these overpaid buffoons want more control.

There aim is clear to all.
They want to ban all speech that doesn't praise them.

4 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by danot1030: 6:44am On Dec 02, 2019
Actually if not for the death sentence being proposed in the bill for the offenders the need to pass the bill for the regulation of hate speech and false information is necessarily welcome.

If not for the level of tolerance in Nigeria PDP and his members with some religion leaders would have set this country on fire.

FFK, Timi Frank, Fayose, Omokri, Secundo with some pastors and imams which i will not like to mention their names have promoter hate speeches and false informations that have thrown much tension in our society just in the name of politics and religion and i think with this be passed into law with a different measure of punishment to the offender differently from the death sentence this trend will be over.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Cyoung4real(m): 6:45am On Dec 02, 2019
Thunder fire you. I dey my house, come and beat me cool

3 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by ensamy(m): 6:48am On Dec 02, 2019
Death penalty for those that rig Election or undermine our electoral process. Deal with that. shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by Minjim: 6:48am On Dec 02, 2019
Nigerians are the opponent of your inimical bill

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52am On Dec 02, 2019
The lawmaker, therefore, warned Nigerians to beware of “false information being spilled out by some persons and groups parading themselves as serving the interest of the nation.
This is just one of the many advantages of the bill.
The advantage to the common man on the streets is what make us happy the more.
Many animals that spread hate and lies and send innocent victims to jail are in for a hell of a time.
Bring it on!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by sotall(m): 6:53am On Dec 02, 2019
But dangers isn't looming with all the money all of you are looting?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by whizbee(m): 6:53am On Dec 02, 2019
I don't blame these senators, once it's time for action to disband these thoughtless buffoons, Nigerian youths will hide behind their keyboard, we are the architect of our own problems,

what stops our youth from storming the national assembly with peaceful protests against subjugation of our human rights

what stops us all from boycotting civil service?

what stops all religious outlet from preaching emancipation from political slavery?

How can a country of over 180 million Nigerians not ask just 105 senators to do their bidding?

but I've lived and learnt, Nigerians are selfish as long as it doesn't affect them

We are all in for the Long haul unless we stand together as a nation, over fifty years of Independence and we're getting worse everyday...

We are not ready, let the suffering continue

4 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by truehero(m): 6:54am On Dec 02, 2019
He now knows more than the general public that reject the stupid bill because he is a senator abi?
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation by ArmaniUhuru: 6:55am On Dec 02, 2019
Treasury looters nkor? No danger abi?

God! This senate is a liability to Nigeria and Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North East Elders Re-Echo Call For Sack Of Service Chiefs / Sadiya Umar Farouq: 90 Million Nigerians Are Living In Poverty / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.