Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship (12090 Views)

Intrigue As APC Holds Midnight Inauguration For NWC Members Over Raging Protest / Tinubu Battles Intrigue As Masari, El-rufai, Bagudu Jostle For SGF Slot / Leo Ogor Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Chairmanship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by dre11(m): 6:30am On Dec 03, 2019
•Arrowheads scheme for CP as replacement

Adetutu Folasade-Koyi , Abuja

Forces against acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, have intensified efforts to ease him out before the end of the year.

Sponsors and leaders of the plot have allegedly recruited some civil society organisations (CSOs) to begin series of protests against his continued stay in office on the premise that his four-year tenure ended on November 9.

Meetings to that effect have reportedly held in choice hotels in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and Lagos. To kickstart the game plan, the selected CSO’s are expected to address series of press conferences where certain allegations against EFCC, under Magu, would be unveiled.
Also to come are sponsored rallies against the Commission in Abuja and Lagos with the intent to attack Magu’s integrity.

Already, they have sponsored petitions before the House of Representatives, with certain allegations against the EFCC.

A source privy to the plot also added that “they are also claiming that Magu has served the statutory four years as EFCC boss (as stipulated in the EFCC Act), and that President Muhammadu Buhari ought to have forwarded a replacement to the Senate for confirmation. They are also relying on Sections 2 (3) and 3 (1) of the EFCC (Establishment) Act, 2004, to buttress their arguments.”

Section 2 (3) of the EFCC (Establishment) Act (2004)states that: “The chairman and members of the Commission, other than ex-officio members shall be appointed by the president and appointment shall be subject to the confirmation of the Senate while section 3 (1) states that “the chairman and members of the Commission, other than ex-officio members shall hold office for a period of four years and may be re-appointed for a further term of four years and no more.”

Regardless, a sponsor of the project has been identified as a high profile defendant in a money laundering and corruption matter in the oil and gas sector.

“The well-heeled player in the oil sector, who has close relationship with a former oil minister, has mobilised huge funds to fund this campaign of character assassination and misinformation against Magu,” said another source.

Another set of opposition against his continued stay in office “have even gone ahead to recommend a serving Commissioner of Police, also from the North, as his replacement.”

The Presidential Villa, has, however, remained silent about Magu’s tenure. Till date, the president has not made public, his views on Magu’s status. Besides, the president is keeping his decision on Magu to his chest as none of those close to him in Aso Rock can actually speak authoritatively on the matter.

In March 2017, Senate rejected Magu’s nomination after the Department of State Security (DSS) reaffirmed its position that he lacked the integrity to lead the anti-corruption agency.

“In the light of the foregoing, Magu has failed the integrity test and will eventually constitute a liability to the anti-corruption stand of the current government,” the DSS report indicated then.

At the confirmatory screening, which held in the Committee of the Whole of the eighth Senate, Magu questioned the credibility of the DSS which he said dispatched two reports on him with varying contents on the same day.

“What do you say about credibility of that agency?” he queried.

In December 2016, DSS had submitted two contradictory reports to the Senate – one approving Magu’s confirmation and the other asking that he be rejected. Senate opted to reject Magu’s confirmation based on a report critical of him.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/intense-lobby-intrigue-engulf-efcc-over-chairmanship/

1 Like

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by Brandstudio01: 6:39am On Dec 03, 2019
Lobby?
For the top position of a Crime Fighting Agency?

Is this some sought of corruption fighting back or what

15 Likes

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by Racoon(m): 6:49am On Dec 03, 2019
Magu cum EFCC have no integrity neither do any of these charlatan groups

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by jarawa: 6:59am On Dec 03, 2019
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by gbaskiboy: 7:00am On Dec 03, 2019
Until EFCC invites Tinubu, i will not take them serious. The toothless Bull dog

11 Likes

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by Blureline: 7:00am On Dec 03, 2019
grin
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by 1shortblackboy: 7:01am On Dec 03, 2019
All of them dey find how dem go thief or how their boy go protect them and witch hunt their rivals

3 Likes

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 03, 2019
EFCC will continue to be corrupt until d very day police officers stop being EFCC chairman. Police is very corrupt y picking one of them to fight corruption nd yet u expect positive result. I think its better 4 a lecturer with gud character nd integrity be made EFCC Chairman

7 Likes

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by contigiency(m): 7:03am On Dec 03, 2019
When Senate president will later today read a letter from Mr president seeking the confirmation of magu's reappointment.
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by itsme01: 7:06am On Dec 03, 2019
Na wa oo, let them give it back to ribadu, but i prefer magu
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by EponOjuku: 7:06am On Dec 03, 2019
People like that crooked thief Mazi on Twitter would gather idiotic PDP members to collect money to go and protest. People like Adeyanju, Henry Shield, Segalink, etc.

When everything scatters, they won't be able to talk and would start fighting themselves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:07am On Dec 03, 2019
I lobby Mynd44 to head EFCC.. he is doing a great job here on Nairaland...

Mynd44 being efcc chairman would ban corruption from the system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by MaigidaGworo: 7:07am On Dec 03, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
Na wa oo, let them give it back to ribadu, but i prefer magu
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 03, 2019
Good day great nairalanders..please I'd be so grateful if anyone here can help me out with a job; federal or state.
I'm a 2.2 grad of structural engineering with PMP cert and also good with architectural designs. I've few years experience in project management/supervision/execution.
I am in Abia state currently but open to work elsewhere.
I can't begin to write too much here to avoid ban..
please I can be reached on my pm or the contact on my signature.
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by sweetonugbu: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2019
Everything is loby loby
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by sweetonugbu: 7:12am On Dec 03, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
I lobby Mynd44 to head EFCC.. he is doing a great job here on Nairaland...

Mynd44 being efcc chairman would ban corruption from the system
he will even leave Efcc job and start rigging election.

1 Like

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by MoIbrahim: 7:15am On Dec 03, 2019
It's unclear why Magu is a big headache to some people. CSOs have now become campaign organs

1 Like

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by bluecircle470: 7:16am On Dec 03, 2019
gbaskiboy:
Until EFCC invites Tinubu, i will not take them serious. The toothless Bull dog

You were blind when Jonathan docked Tinubu in 2012 through EFCC abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by jom28gy(m): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2019
I never a character assination,if he has over stayed,he should leave,
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by cRobo: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2019
Even EFCC de take bribe

3 Likes

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by newheart2(m): 7:23am On Dec 03, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
EFCC will continue to be corrupt until d very day police officers stop being EFCC chairman. Police is very corrupt y picking one of them to fight corruption nd yet u expect positive result. I think its better 4 a lecturer with gud character nd integrity be made EFCC Chairman
So lecture or lecturer are not corrupt, or there is no body with integrity in the police

1 Like

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 03, 2019
my problem with magu is that efcc's body count is only yahoo boys.
he has failed, imho, to reprofessionalise the institution
all we get is media / audio trials where they blurt out their entire strategy and all the information available to them.
if this onyema case was in their hands from the beginning, they would probably have botched it 5 different ways by now

1 Like

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by Renforce: 7:28am On Dec 03, 2019
Lobby angry Whoever controls efcc controls the country undecided
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by BlueAir: 7:29am On Dec 03, 2019
The day magu said yahoo boys are fit foreemployment is the day I affirmed magu is sick upstairs..they should oust the bastard out and replace him with someone more professional. .fuvcker
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by abusurv(m): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2019
After insulting somebody father or mentor or leader you are here begging for one to check your signature. If you want to advertise be neutral so that everybody who which to call you will do so knowing that you are always objective and not fearing you attacking them if they have misunderstanding with you. Except your target audience is those that hate buhari like you.
ICUI4CU2:
My pressi dey fight corruption upandan....Oshii

Please today is my birthday

Show me some love biko
Please check my signature and put a smile on a brother's face.

1 Like

Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by modsfucker: 7:37am On Dec 03, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Lobby?
For the top position of a Crime Fighting Agency?

Is this some sought of corruption fighting back or what

Sought kor shot ni grin
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:38am On Dec 03, 2019
Magu has done much more and he deserve another term if the EFCC act permit it..no amount of blackmail would stop him or force his replacement now if he is still in the good books of Abba Kyari and Mamman Daura. ...so wailers keep off!
Re: Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship by Badb0y4lyf(m): 7:41am On Dec 03, 2019
If you still have hope in Nigeria then you can as well have hope that one day snow will start to fall in hell fire

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos 2023: Mc Oluomo Promises Sanwo-Olu 3 Million Votes / IGR: Ogun Refutes Budgit Report, As NBS Confirms State’s True Position / Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.