Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab (4596 Views)

Sayyeda Zainab Bint Ali (as) In Court Of Yazid (la) / Book Alert!!! What About Polygyny By Hamidah Bint Abbas / Aishat Bint Aby Bakr RA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:47am On Dec 03, 2019
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, is His slave and Messenger.

Every Muslim has to respect and hold the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) in high esteem. Likewise, he has to honor all the Prophets and believe in their infallibility. One has to believe that they are chosen personalities; Allaah The Almighty protected them from every abominable act and deed. This is a generally accepted fact, no one disagrees with it except Jews who accuse the prophets of bad deeds and atheists who do not respect Allaah The Almighty and His prophets and who do not recognize their rights. After believing in this well-known and well-established fact, if one comes across any report that is contrary to the above fact, it should not make one doubtful, as either it is a fabricated story or it is to be interpreted in a way that befits the honorable status of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ).

Know that Umm al-Mumineen Safiyyah daughter of Huyay may Allaah be pleased with her was married to Salaam bin Mushkam and then Kinanah bin Al-Rabee' bin Abu al-Haqaiqh married her. Her father Huyay had been killed in the Battle of Quraizah for breaching the covenant, he was not killed in the Battle of Khaibar. The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) made peace with the people of Khaibar after besieging them. After that agreement, no one was killed except two persons: two sons of Abu al-Haqeeq for breaching the agreement. According to the agreement no one would hide their property, nevertheless the two sons of Abu al-Haqeeq hid the property of Huyay bin Akhtab. Thus, they were killed as a punishment.

The general rule is that the women of warriors become captives. Dihyah may Allaah be pleased with him a Companion of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention ) asked the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention ) to give him a slave woman and he permitted him to take one of the captives. Thus, he chose Safiyyah may Allaah be pleased with her. Then, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) was told that she was the first lady among Banu Quraythah and an-Nadheer (two Jewish tribes) and it was not suitable to make her marry anybody except him. Thereafter, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) presented Islam to her, and she accepted it willingly. Then the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) manumitted her and married her and her Mahr (bridal dowry) was her manumission. She accepted Islam of her own free will, although it was possible for her to remain on her religion.

In fact, her manumission was an honor for her granted by the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention ). Indeed, her marriage with the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) was a blessing of Allaah The Almighty who honored her by this marriage; due to this marriage she became the Mother of all Believers. All Muslims seek Allaah's blessings for her until the Day of Judgment. Let's assume that the honor and dignity came to her after facing calamities and trials, many times favors come after a calamity as Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {… and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you …}[Quran, 2: 216]

In addition, there are many narrations proving that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) brought peace and happiness to her and comforted her. He also clarified the reasons for what had happened to her people. Thereupon she said, "I did not get up from my place until he was the most beloved person to me". Another narration reads that she said, "I never saw anyone who has a better character than the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention )". She also said, "I saw him riding on his mount while I was feeling sleepy and my head was falling on the stick of the mount, then he would pat me with his hand saying: "Take it easy, O daughter of Huyay bin Akhtab" . When they reached Al-Sahabah he sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) said to her: “O Safiyyah! I apologize for what I did to your people; certainly they accused me of such and such."

In fact, Allaah The Almighty honored His Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) by protecting him from marrying any woman who hated or disliked him. On the other hand, Allaah The Almighty prepared her mentally for this marriage wherein she had seen in a dream that a full moon fell in her lap. When she narrated this dream to her husband Kinaanah, he slapped her saying, 'Do you like the king of Yathrib'? Afterwards, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) noticed the green discoloration around her eyes due to that slap. Very soon, she knew that Allaah The Almighty made her dream come true and honored her by her marriage with His beloved Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention ). She died during the caliphate of Mu'aawiyah may Allaah be pleased with him in 50 A.H. Indeed, she is the wife of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) in both this world and the Hereafter.

Allaah Knows best.

Source
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by true2god: 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, is His slave and Messenger.

Every Muslim has to respect and hold the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) in high esteem. Likewise, he has to honor all the Prophets and believe in their infallibility. One has to believe that they are chosen personalities; Allaah The Almighty protected them from every abominable act and deed. This is a generally accepted fact, no one disagrees with it except Jews who accuse the prophets of bad deeds and atheists who do not respect Allaah The Almighty and His prophets and who do not recognize their rights. After believing in this well-known and well-established fact, if one comes across any report that is contrary to the above fact, it should not make one doubtful, as either it is a fabricated story or it is to be interpreted in a way that befits the honorable status of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ).

Know that Umm al-Mumineen Safiyyah daughter of Huyay may Allaah be pleased with her was married to Salaam bin Mushkam and then Kinanah bin Al-Rabee' bin Abu al-Haqaiqh married her. Her father Huyay had been killed in the Battle of Quraizah for breaching the covenant, he was not killed in the Battle of Khaibar. The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) made peace with the people of Khaibar after besieging them. After that agreement, no one was killed except two persons: two sons of Abu al-Haqeeq for breaching the agreement. According to the agreement no one would hide their property, nevertheless the two sons of Abu al-Haqeeq hid the property of Huyay bin Akhtab. Thus, they were killed as a punishment.

The general rule is that the women of warriors become captives. Dihyah may Allaah be pleased with him a Companion of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention ) asked the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention ) to give him a slave woman and he permitted him to take one of the captives. Thus, he chose Safiyyah may Allaah be pleased with her. Then, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) was told that she was the first lady among Banu Quraythah and an-Nadheer (two Jewish tribes) and it was not suitable to make her marry anybody except him. Thereafter, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) presented Islam to her, and she accepted it willingly. Then the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) manumitted her and married her and her Mahr (bridal dowry) was her manumission. She accepted Islam of her own free will, although it was possible for her to remain on her religion.

In fact, her manumission was an honor for her granted by the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention ). Indeed, her marriage with the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) was a blessing of Allaah The Almighty who honored her by this marriage; due to this marriage she became the Mother of all Believers. All Muslims seek Allaah's blessings for her until the Day of Judgment. Let's assume that the honor and dignity came to her after facing calamities and trials, many times favors come after a calamity as Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {… and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you …}[Quran, 2: 216]

In addition, there are many narrations proving that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) brought peace and happiness to her and comforted her. He also clarified the reasons for what had happened to her people. Thereupon she said, "I did not get up from my place until he was the most beloved person to me". Another narration reads that she said, "I never saw anyone who has a better character than the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention )". She also said, "I saw him riding on his mount while I was feeling sleepy and my head was falling on the stick of the mount, then he would pat me with his hand saying: "Take it easy, O daughter of Huyay bin Akhtab" . When they reached Al-Sahabah he sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) said to her: “O Safiyyah! I apologize for what I did to your people; certainly they accused me of such and such."

In fact, Allaah The Almighty honored His Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) by protecting him from marrying any woman who hated or disliked him. On the other hand, Allaah The Almighty prepared her mentally for this marriage wherein she had seen in a dream that a full moon fell in her lap. When she narrated this dream to her husband Kinaanah, he slapped her saying, 'Do you like the king of Yathrib'? Afterwards, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) noticed the green discoloration around her eyes due to that slap. Very soon, she knew that Allaah The Almighty made her dream come true and honored her by her marriage with His beloved Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention ). She died during the caliphate of Mu'aawiyah may Allaah be pleased with him in 50 A.H. Indeed, she is the wife of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) in both this world and the Hereafter.

Allaah Knows best.

Source
How can you endorse and approve of banditory and crimininality because it was committed by your so-called perfect man? Mohammed and his men killed the entire family of Safiyya and one dhiyya took her as a sex slave, and only for another fellow bandit to to backbite dhiyya by telling mohammed that saffiya is too beautiful for Dhiyya. As a result, mohammed have to purchase safiyya from him in exchange for 7 slaves (sunnah ibn maggah hadith numner 2272).

And may I also tell you that khinana was killed by mohammed's men who tortured him by placing a hot iron on his chest for him to confess where they (khinana) hide their gold. Is this not stealing and looting? Let me get your opinion.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
true2god:
How can you endorse and approve of banditory and crimininality because it was committed by your so-called perfect man? Mohammed and his men killed the entire family of Safiyya and one dhiyya took her as a sex slave, and only for another fellow bandit to to backbite dhiyya by telling mohammed that saffiya is too beautiful for Dhiyya. As a result, mohammed have to purchase safiyya from him in exchange for 7 slaves (sunnah ibn maggah hadith numner 2272).

And may I also tell you that khinana was killed by mohammed's men who tortured him by placing a hot iron on his chest for him to confess where they (khinana) hide their gold. Is this not stealing and looting? Let me get your opinion.

Firstly let us get the definition of the derogatory words you used:

Banditry is used to refer to acts of robbery and violence in areas where the rule of law has broken down.

Criminality is a behavior that is contrary to or forbidden by criminal law.

Summary
The settings was about 1400 years ago and for what Muhammad did to be classified as banditry or criminality then there should be a law that was breached. However the tribe of Qurayza were the one who breached the treaty and suffered the punishment of treason since they sided with those who invaded the Muslims at the battle of the trench.

The punishment for the breach of the treaty was not given by Muhammad.

Deuteronomy 20:12-14 New International Version (NIV)

12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

Firstly, in the norms of ancient tribal warfare, all able-bodied males were considered combatants. Fighting for one’s tribe was a collective duty for survival, and in ancient societies when life expectancy was not as high, the onset of puberty was often the mark that a young male was ready to be initiated into the tribe as a warrior (or for adulthood in general).

The Qurayza, a tribe who lived in Medina alongside the Muslims, had broken their treaty of non-hostility with the Muslims at the height of the Battle of the Trench, and intended to attack them from within, but before they could, the siege on Madina suddenly ended, leaving the Qurayza alone and caught red-handed. They quickly fortified themselves, and finally surrendered after a 25-day siege of their fort.

Those punished for treason were all who qualified as fighting men of the tribe, since they were the ones who would have taken part in the hostilities out of tribal obligation. Excluded were the pre-pubescent boys, and one elderly man (though he later chose punishment voluntarily).

Some of the Qurayza and their families had broken ranks with their tribe early on and left to seek protection from the Muslims, and they were granted it; others were afforded amnesty through the intercession of some Muslims, due to some good deed they had done in the past. The rest, even though those who now regretted and disagreed with the treason, chose to be judged with those guilty out of tribal loyalties.

The Mosaic Penalty is Pronounced After Arbitration

As for choosing the sentence, the Prophet (Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) gave the Qurayza tribe the choice of whom from amongst the Muslims they desired to judge the punishment for their treason. They selected Sa’d ibn Mu’adh, the Ansari chief who was a former ally before Islam, but was now on his deathbed after being wounded during the Battle of the Trench, which the Qurayza helped provoke through their treason. [al-Salihi, Subul al-Huda wal-Rashad]

Sa’d swiftly pronounced that all fighters would be executed, and the women and children become captives. He claimed his decision was based on the Mosaic penalty for their crime; some say he was referring to the passages of Deuteronomy 20:12-14. As a hadith in Bukhari narrates, this was the second time the Qurayza intended hostilities towards their Muslim neighbors; after the first incident, they had been forgiven, while another affiliated tribe was expelled from Madina. The second violation, however, was an existential threat, as it was an act of treason in the thick of a siege by the Meccans.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25203706?seq=1

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/31644
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Babaheekmat: 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
This Rashduct4luv.. You have problem. Why this topic?

2nd thing, why must you listen to the idiot rants?

He's not a Muslim just like you are

And it's clear he's not ready to learn just like you.

See how the fool is using derogatory words on the prophet..

I have been telling you several times.. Copy and paste no good.. See where it led you..

Mumu boi
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Babaheekmat: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
This mumu even quote Bible...

Laughing..

Is this dahwah or what?

Any way.. You are reeked with bidah already.. Keep adding more
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by najib632(m): 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
Babaheekmat:

I have been telling you several times.. Copy and paste no good.. See where it led you..

Mumu boi
he has not shown any sign of disbelief why declare him a kafir. Because he says tijjaniyyah are muslims does not make him a kafir. Scholars that jabata would not even near their feet in knowledge and are salafiy don't declare them kuffar, they're in error not disbelief. Unless someone is declared a kafir by the book of Allah or sunnah, concensus made by a certified scholar is required. Declaring someone a kafir is not a joke. If you're wrong you will account for it on judgement day.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Babaheekmat: 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
najib632:
he has not shown any sign of disbelief why declare him a kafir. Because he says tijjaniyyah are muslims does not make him a kafir. Scholars that jabata would not even near their feet in knowledge and are salafiy don't declare them kuffar, they're in error not disbelief. Unless someone is declared a kafir by the book of Allah or sunnah, concensus made by a certified scholar is required. Declaring someone a kafir is not a joke. If you're wrong you will account for it on judgement day.

Abeg shut up o jare..

That's how you were defending him on the other thread where I listed his kufru of which he did not even deny any..

Yet you are here saying another thing
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Babaheekmat: 11:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
najib632:

You have absolutely no idea about takfeer.

I expected that..

Even Adam Abdullah Al ilory, habeeb markaz, usman dan fodio, Ahmad Tijani, This izala man in North.. I have forgotten his name..

They are all Muslims to you..

Whoever calls a Muslim a kafir is a kafir
Whoever calls a kafir a Muslim is a kafir
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by najib632(m): 12:20am On Dec 04, 2019
Babaheekmat:

You have absolutely no idea about takfeer.

I expected that..

Even Adam Abdullah Al ilory, habeeb markaz, usman dan fodio, Ahmad Tijani, This izala man in North.. I have forgotten his name..

They are all Muslims to you..

Whoever calls a Muslim a kafir is a kafir
Whoever calls a kafir a Muslim is a kafir
what do you mean by mentioning bin fodio? Which hadith did you get your statment from?
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by true2god: 7:33am On Dec 04, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Firstly let us get the definition of the derogatory words you used:

Banditry is used to refer to acts of robbery and violence in areas where the rule of law has broken down.

Criminality is a behavior that is contrary to or forbidden by criminal law.

Summary
The settings was about 1400 years ago and for what Muhammad did to be classified as banditry or criminality then there should be a law that was breached. However the tribe of Qurayza were the one who breached the treaty and suffered the punishment of treason since they sided with those who invaded the Muslims at the battle of the trench.

The punishment for the breach of the treaty was not given by Muhammad.

Deuteronomy 20:12-14 New International Version (NIV)

12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

Firstly, in the norms of ancient tribal warfare, all able-bodied males were considered combatants. Fighting for one’s tribe was a collective duty for survival, and in ancient societies when life expectancy was not as high, the onset of puberty was often the mark that a young male was ready to be initiated into the tribe as a warrior (or for adulthood in general).

The Qurayza, a tribe who lived in Medina alongside the Muslims, had broken their treaty of non-hostility with the Muslims at the height of the Battle of the Trench, and intended to attack them from within, but before they could, the siege on Madina suddenly ended, leaving the Qurayza alone and caught red-handed. They quickly fortified themselves, and finally surrendered after a 25-day siege of their fort.

Those punished for treason were all who qualified as fighting men of the tribe, since they were the ones who would have taken part in the hostilities out of tribal obligation. Excluded were the pre-pubescent boys, and one elderly man (though he later chose punishment voluntarily).

Some of the Qurayza and their families had broken ranks with their tribe early on and left to seek protection from the Muslims, and they were granted it; others were afforded amnesty through the intercession of some Muslims, due to some good deed they had done in the past. The rest, even though those who now regretted and disagreed with the treason, chose to be judged with those guilty out of tribal loyalties.

The Mosaic Penalty is Pronounced After Arbitration

As for choosing the sentence, the Prophet (Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) gave the Qurayza tribe the choice of whom from amongst the Muslims they desired to judge the punishment for their treason. They selected Sa’d ibn Mu’adh, the Ansari chief who was a former ally before Islam, but was now on his deathbed after being wounded during the Battle of the Trench, which the Qurayza helped provoke through their treason. [al-Salihi, Subul al-Huda wal-Rashad]

Sa’d swiftly pronounced that all fighters would be executed, and the women and children become captives. He claimed his decision was based on the Mosaic penalty for their crime; some say he was referring to the passages of Deuteronomy 20:12-14. As a hadith in Bukhari narrates, this was the second time the Qurayza intended hostilities towards their Muslim neighbors; after the first incident, they had been forgiven, while another affiliated tribe was expelled from Madina. The second violation, however, was an existential threat, as it was an act of treason in the thick of a siege by the Meccans.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25203706?seq=1

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/31644
All these long epistle to justify a criminal and abnormal behaviiur from a supposedly perfect, greatest and the last prophet. There is abslutely no way you can justify the barbarity of mohammed against the people of khaibar; killing her entire family and fighting over the most beautiful daugher, safiyya. Dhiyya was not happy that mohammed was taking safiyya from him (a beautiful sex slave) but he was well compensated by the biggest mafia mohammed by getting 7 slaves (sunnah ibn majjah 2272). Mohammed even have to instruct his men to torture Khinana by placing a hot-iron on his chest for him to confess where he hid their (khinana's family) treasure. Read what Ibn Ishaq and al-tabari wrote below:

Kenana al-Rabi, who had the custody of the treasure of Banu Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came (Tabari says "was brought"wink, to the apostle and said that he had seen Kenana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kenana, "Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?" He said "Yes". The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr Al-Awwam, "Torture him until you extract what he has." So he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud (sirah rasool Allah by ibn Ishaq)

The Prophet gave orders concerning Kenana to Zubayr, saying, ‘Torture him until you root out and extract what he has. So Zubayr kindled a fire on Kenana’s chest, twirling it with his firestick until Kenana was near death. Then the Messenger gave him to Maslamah, who beheaded him. -- (Al-Tabari, Vol. 8, p. 122)

Read sahih bhukari (1:1:367) to get a better picture and stop behaving like a premier league referee.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by true2god: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Mumu boi
Are you embarrassed by the action of your prophet?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2019
najib632:

Leave the Jabata guy bro. Let him be. You will get your certificate of Kufr soon if you haven't gotten it before! He is the only Muslim here.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2019
true2god:

It's like atheist do feel high when bashing the theistic Prophets. Do you have any business with him here?
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by true2god: 7:57am On Dec 04, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

It's like atheist do feel high when bashing the theistic Prophets. Do you have any business with him here?
You are polishing a damaged shoe so I have to correct you.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Babaheekmat: 8:11am On Dec 04, 2019
true2god:

Laughing..
See this mumu.. Who knows absolutely nothing about Islam. Only use philosophy to make discussions.

I saw one of your posts titled Allah said we Muslims should believe in Bible..

I was laughing seriously.. In fact, to measure your ignorance and dumbness.. It's unmeasureable..

Nobody in history of man bears the name jesus
in history of man, the book called Bible is just like a dictionary. Written after hundreds of years after jesus. No wonder it's full of fairy tales.. Laughing
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:51am On Dec 04, 2019
true2god:
All these long epistle to justify a criminal and abnormal behaviiur from a supposedly perfect, greatest and the last prophet. There is abslutely no way you can justify the barbarity of mohammed against the people of khaibar; killing her entire family and fighting over the most beautiful daugher, safiyya. Dhiyya was not happy that mohammed was taking safiyya from him (a beautiful sex slave) but he was well compensated by the biggest mafia mohammed by getting 7 slaves (sunnah ibn majjah 2272). Mohammed even have to instruct his men to torture Khinana by placing a hot-iron on his chest for him to confess where he hid their (khinana's family) treasure. Read what Ibn Ishaq and al-tabari wrote below:

Kenana al-Rabi, who had the custody of the treasure of Banu Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came (Tabari says "was brought"wink, to the apostle and said that he had seen Kenana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kenana, "Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?" He said "Yes". The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr Al-Awwam, "Torture him until you extract what he has." So he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud (sirah rasool Allah by ibn Ishaq)

The Prophet gave orders concerning Kenana to Zubayr, saying, ‘Torture him until you root out and extract what he has. So Zubayr kindled a fire on Kenana’s chest, twirling it with his firestick until Kenana was near death. Then the Messenger gave him to Maslamah, who beheaded him. -- (Al-Tabari, Vol. 8, p. 122)

Read sahih bhukari (1:1:367) to get a better picture and stop behaving like a premier league referee.

I thought you have the brain to reason. Never knew you are among those NL guys who afraid to read and afraid to change their position when it is wrong! What's there to justify? Authentic evidences abound. If you can't read long posts then don't start what you can't finish.

The Prophet does not fit in to either the definition of a bandit nor that of a criminal.

And you were just a cherry picker by just selecting what suit your whims! The Story of Ibn Ishaq has been widely criticised by Muslims and non-Muslim scholars and even his contemporary Shaykh al-Islām Malik ibn Anas (may Allah have mercy on him). He rejected the stories of Muhammad and the Jews of Medina on ground that they were taken solely based on accounts by sons of Jewish converts. These same stories have also been denounced as "odd tales" later by Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him). Imam Malik and others also thought that Ibn Ishaq relied too heavily on the Isra'iliyat.

The Authentic Hadith you quoted from Bukhari has already been explained in the OP and that is an authentic Hadith.

Narrated 'Abdul 'Aziz:
Anas said, 'When Allah's Apostle invaded Khaibar, we offered the Fajr prayer there yearly in the morning) when it was still dark. The Prophet rode and Abu Talha rode too and I was riding behind Abu Talha. The Prophet passed through the lane of Khaibar quickly and my knee was touching the thigh of the Prophet . He uncovered his thigh and I saw the whiteness of the thigh of the Prophet. When he entered the town, he said, 'Allahu Akbar! Khalbar is ruined. Whenever we approach near a (hostile) nation (to fight) then evil will be the morning of those who have been warned.' He repeated this thrice. The people came out for their jobs and some of them said, 'Muhammad (has come).' (Some of our companions added, "With his army."wink We conquered Khaibar, took the captives, and the booty was collected. Dihya came and said, 'O Allah's Prophet! Give me a slave girl from the captives.' The Prophet said, 'Go and take any slave girl.' He took Safiya bint Huyai. A man came to the Prophet and said, 'O Allah's Apostles! You gave Safiya bint Huyai to Dihya and she is the chief mistress of the tribes of Quraiza and An-Nadir and she befits none but you.' So the Prophet said, 'Bring him along with her.' So Dihya came with her and when the Prophet saw her, he said to Dihya, 'Take any slave girl other than her from the captives.' Anas added: The Prophet then manumitted her and married her."
Thabit asked Anas, "O Abu Hamza! What did the Prophet pay her (as Mahr)?" He said, "Her self was her Mahr for he manumitted her and then married her." Anas added, "While on the way, Um Sulaim dressed her for marriage (ceremony) and at night she sent her as a bride to the Prophet . So the Prophet was a bridegroom and he said, 'Whoever has anything (food) should bring it.' He spread out a leather sheet (for the food) and some brought dates and others cooking butter. (I think he (Anas) mentioned As-SawTq). So they prepared a dish of Hais (a kind of meal). And that was Walima (the marriage banquet) of Allah's Apostle ."

So rather that being a slave girl or married wife which is better?

In the penultimate paragraph of the OP... the comments from Saffiyyah herself....

Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:56am On Dec 04, 2019
true2god:
You are polishing a damaged shoe so I have to correct you.

The shoe is not damaged. It is your sight that is deficient!

1 Like

Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by najib632(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

The shoe is not damaged. It is your sight that is deficient!

Nice response.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by true2god: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I thought you have the brain to reason. Never knew you are among those NL guys who afraid to read and afraid to change their position when it is wrong! What's there to justify? Authentic evidences abound. If you can't read long posts then don't start what you can't finish.

The Prophet does not fit in to either the definition of a bandit nor that of a criminal.

And you were just a cherry picker by just selecting what suit your whims! The Story of Ibn Ishaq has been widely criticised by Muslims and non-Muslim scholars and even his contemporary Shaykh al-Islām Malik ibn Anas (may Allah have mercy on him). He rejected the stories of Muhammad and the Jews of Medina on ground that they were taken solely based on accounts by sons of Jewish converts. These same stories have also been denounced as "odd tales" later by Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him). Imam Malik and others also thought that Ibn Ishaq relied too heavily on the Isra'iliyat.

The Authentic Hadith you quoted from Bukhari has already been explained in the OP and that is an authentic Hadith.

Narrated 'Abdul 'Aziz:
Anas said, 'When Allah's Apostle invaded Khaibar, we offered the Fajr prayer there yearly in the morning) when it was still dark. The Prophet rode and Abu Talha rode too and I was riding behind Abu Talha. The Prophet passed through the lane of Khaibar quickly and my knee was touching the thigh of the Prophet . He uncovered his thigh and I saw the whiteness of the thigh of the Prophet. When he entered the town, he said, 'Allahu Akbar! Khalbar is ruined. Whenever we approach near a (hostile) nation (to fight) then evil will be the morning of those who have been warned.' He repeated this thrice. The people came out for their jobs and some of them said, 'Muhammad (has come).' (Some of our companions added, "With his army."wink We conquered Khaibar, took the captives, and the booty was collected. Dihya came and said, 'O Allah's Prophet! Give me a slave girl from the captives.' The Prophet said, 'Go and take any slave girl.' He took Safiya bint Huyai. A man came to the Prophet and said, 'O Allah's Apostles! You gave Safiya bint Huyai to Dihya and she is the chief mistress of the tribes of Quraiza and An-Nadir and she befits none but you.' So the Prophet said, 'Bring him along with her.' So Dihya came with her and when the Prophet saw her, he said to Dihya, 'Take any slave girl other than her from the captives.' Anas added: The Prophet then manumitted her and married her."
Thabit asked Anas, "O Abu Hamza! What did the Prophet pay her (as Mahr)?" He said, "Her self was her Mahr for he manumitted her and then married her." Anas added, "While on the way, Um Sulaim dressed her for marriage (ceremony) and at night she sent her as a bride to the Prophet . So the Prophet was a bridegroom and he said, 'Whoever has anything (food) should bring it.' He spread out a leather sheet (for the food) and some brought dates and others cooking butter. (I think he (Anas) mentioned As-SawTq). So they prepared a dish of Hais (a kind of meal). And that was Walima (the marriage banquet) of Allah's Apostle ."

In the penultimate paragraph of the OP... the comments from Saffiyyah herself....

Take it easy man; we are not fighting.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by fortran12: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Allaah Knows best.

Source

Your prophet did not marry safiyyah, there are hadiths where safiyyah said "Of all men, I hated the prophet the most—for he killed my husband, my brother, and my father"- Kitab Futuh al-Buldan ("Book of Conquests"wink .
Mohammed had and traded slaves, he had wives, concubines and sex slaves and you tell me he is a prophet? or he "married" all to protect them?
Hope you know Mohammed "married " her hours after killing her people.Mohammed actually assigned her to another jihad fighter until he heard of her beauty and had her reassigned to him.

Tell me how this 17 year old girl will be in a stable mental condition witnessing the killing of her family including her husband and all the "prophet" could think about is "marrying" her after some hours. What a considerable prophet, this is exactly what a young girl like her needs at this time some "marrying" therapy, some sexual healing (Marvin Gaye ). Wow!! ala u akbar!!!!
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by fortran12: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Narrated 'Abdul 'Aziz:

You claim the prophet was not a bandit or criminal, but when someone who claims to be a prophet engages in acts of bandits and criminals, he is actually a bandit and criminal. Talking of booties of war, trading slaves , raping, killing are all these the best ways to spread islam? Islam actually spread by violence and fear. Compare to how the disciples and Jesus spread their message

1 Like

Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
fortran12:

You claim the prophet was not a bandit or criminal, but when someone who claims to be a prophet engages in acts of bandits and criminals, he is actually a bandit and criminal. Talking of booties of war, trading slaves , raping, killing are all these the best ways to spread islam? Islam actually spread by violence and fear. Compare to how the disciples and Jesus spread their message

First and foremost i will like you to fully read the OP before asking me what i had already stated in the OP. SInce you wanted to compare Jesus your God with our Muhammad who was human, then i will say Jesus was brutal when he was with his father in heaven. But when he came to earth he became meek and gentle like a lamb.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
fortran12:

Your prophet did not marry safiyyah, there are hadiths where safiyyah said "Of all men, I hated the prophet the most—for he killed my husband, my brother, and my father"- Kitab Futuh al-Buldan ("Book of Conquests"wink .
Mohammed had and traded slaves, he had wives, concubines and sex slaves and you tell me he is a prophet? or he "married" all to protect them?
Hope you know Mohammed "married " her hours after killing her people.Mohammed actually assigned her to another jihad fighter until he heard of her beauty and had her reassigned to him.

Tell me how this 17 year old girl will be in a stable mental condition witnessing the killing of her family including her husband and all the "prophet" could think about is "marrying" her after some hours. What a considerable prophet, this is exactly what a young girl like her needs at this time some "marrying" therapy, some sexual healing (Marvin Gaye ). Wow!! ala u akbar!!!!

You guys are comedians! Which hadith is Kitab Fatuh al-Buldan? You are quoting a history book which can be true or false!
As usual weak evidence! False tales! Christianity!

Quote authentic materials. Read the OP.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by fortran12: 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

First and foremost i will like you to fully read the OP before asking me what i had already stated in the OP. SInce you wanted to compare Jesus your God with our Muhammad who was human, then i will say Jesus was brutal when he was with his father in heaven. But when he came to earth he became meek and gentle like a lamb.
We are addressing what we saw on earth, Mohamed vs Jesus. Don't deflect the question.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by fortran12: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

You guys are comedians! Which hadith is Kitab Fatuh al-Buldan? You are quoting a history book which can be true or false!
As usual weak evidence! False tales! Christianity!

Quote authentic materials. Read the OP.
So what exactly is wrong or false that I posted. Did he not kill her people? Did he not have sex with her hours afterwards?
It's illogical to conclude false tales when you are not sure as you claim if it's true or false. If the reference I quoted is praising Mohammed you will accept it right?

1 Like

Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:42am On Dec 10, 2019
fortran12:

So what exactly is wrong or false that I posted. Did he not kill her people? Did he not have sex with her hours afterwards?
It's illogical to conclude false tales when you are not sure as you claim if it's true or false. If the reference I quoted is praising Mohammed you will accept it right?

Can you summarise how the Prophet happened to kill her people?

How many hours?

Christians don't praise Muhammad. It is we who honor Prophet Jesus not your Jesus.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2019
fortran12:

We are addressing what we saw on earth, Mohamed vs Jesus. Don't deflect the question.

I am not deflecting anything! I have a list of the deaths, rapes, etc supported or commanded by your three Gods. Do you want the list?
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by fortran12: 10:46am On Dec 10, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I am not deflecting anything! I have a list of the deaths, rapes, etc supported or commanded by your three Gods. Do you want the list?
Did Jesus rape anyone, if you have bring the person, but that is not what we are talking about. Address Mohammed's rape case then we can look at any other thing.
Imagine your prophet being associated with things like rape, murder etc. If you were accused of such am sure you will not be on your phone /PC posting on nairaland.
Deal with the speck in your own eye first (Mohammed) before going after others. So dont deflect by bringing Jesus' alleged "rape" case, let us finish with Mohammed's then we go to any other topic you want.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by fortran12: 11:08am On Dec 10, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Can you summarise how the Prophet happened to kill her people?

How many hours?

Christians don't praise Muhammad. It is we who honor Prophet Jesus not your Jesus.
ok.
Mohammed attacked their land because they did not join him in raiding some neighboring place. These people, were farmers etc and had no interest in joining him in attacking others, they are Jews etc. Mohammed arrived their land at night and attacked them in the morning like he always does. These people came out and Mohammed and his jihadis attakced and killed them, they tortured the head of the treasury to tell them where the gold etc are, they lit a fire on his chest to make him talk. After they got the money, they killed all the males 13 years and above , turned the rest to slaves and divided the war booty as usual, They all had women to use as sex slaves , then mohammed heard of Safiyyah's beauty and her being the daughter of a leader in the place (she is also a newly wed). He immediately had to have her as he was already assigned to one of his jihadis. He then exchanged 6 or 7 (not sure if its 6 or 7 ) slaves for the girl.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
fortran12:

ok.
Mohammed attacked their land because they did not join him in raiding some neighboring place. These people, were farmers etc and had no interest in joining him in attacking others, they are Jews etc. Mohammed arrived their land at night and attacked them in the morning like he always does. These people came out and Mohammed and his jihadis attakced and killed them, they tortured the head of the treasury to tell them where the gold etc are, they lit a fire on his chest to make him talk. After they got the money, they killed all the males 13 years and above , turned the rest to slaves and divided the war booty as usual, They all had women to use as sex slaves , then mohammed heard of Safiyyah's beauty and her being the daughter of a leader in the place (she is also a newly wed). He immediately had to have her as he was already assigned to one of his jihadis. He then exchanged 6 or 7 (not sure if its 6 or 7 ) slaves for the girl.

Edit your post with reference. I mean evidence not story books!
Did Muhammad truly attacked them because they did not join him in raiding some neighboring place?
Quote the source of this great lie.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by fortran12: 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Edit your post with reference. I mean evidence not story books!
Did Muhammad truly attacked them because they did not join him in raiding some neighboring place?
Quote the source of this great lie.

Here is your reference : (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 8, Number 367)

Why do you think I will lie I am not a Muslim that practices taquiyya.

If you read from the reference, the prople of khaybar did not attack mohammed, it was not a war. Mohammed raided their land like he always does.
Re: The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
fortran12:

Here is your reference : (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 8, Number 367)

Why do you think I will lie I am not a Muslim that practices taquiyya.

If you read from the reference, the prople of khaybar did not attack mohammed, it was not a war. Mohammed raided their land like he always does.

Was the bolded included in your reference? You have to bring your full reference for your opinions.
fortran12:

ok.

Here is the hadith in full.
Narrated 'Abdul 'Aziz:
Anas said, 'When Allah's Apostle invaded Khaibar, we offered the Fajr prayer there yearly in the morning) when it was still dark. The Prophet rode and Abu Talha rode too and I was riding behind Abu Talha. The Prophet ﷺ passed through the lane of Khaibar quickly and my knee was touching the thigh of the Prophet . He uncovered his thigh and I saw the whiteness of the thigh of the Prophet. When he entered the town, he said, 'Allahu Akbar! Khaibar is ruined. Whenever we approach near a (hostile) nation (to fight) then evil will be the morning of those who have been warned.' He repeated this thrice. The people came out for their jobs and some of them said, 'Muhammad (has come).' (Some of our companions added, "With his army."wink We conquered Khaibar, took the captives, and the booty was collected. Dihya came and said, 'O Allah's Prophet! Give me a slave girl from the captives.' The Prophet ﷺ said, 'Go and take any slave girl.' He took Safiya bint Huyai. A man came to the Prophet and said, 'O Allah's Apostles! You gave Safiya bint Huyai to Dihya and she is the chief mistress of the tribes of Quraiza and An-Nadir and she befits none but you.' So the Prophet ﷺ said, 'Bring him along with her.' So Dihya came with her and when the Prophet saw her, he said to Dihya, 'Take any slave girl other than her from the captives.' Anas added: The Prophet then manumitted her and married her." Thabit asked Anas, "O Abu Hamza! What did the Prophet pay her (as Mahr)?" He said, "Her self was her Mahr for he manumitted her and then married her." Anas added, "While on the way, Um Sulaim dressed her for marriage (ceremony) and at night she sent her as a bride to the Prophet . So the Prophet was a bridegroom and he said, 'Whoever has anything (food) should bring it.' He spread out a leather sheet (for the food) and some brought dates and others cooking butter. (I think he (Anas) mentioned As-SawTq). So they prepared a dish of Hais (a kind of meal). And that was Walrma (the marriage banquet) of Allah's Apostle ."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do Muslims Justify Mohammed's Marriage To A Child / Things To Avoid In Dhul Hijjah / What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.