Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Cost Of Decking A Duplex - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Decking A Duplex (1600 Views)

Cost Of Decking A 5-bedroom Duplex??? / Estimated Cost Of Decking My House / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Decking A Duplex by openbook: 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hello everyone. I will appreciate it if home owners and experts in the house can give me a rough estimate to deck a 32ft by 46ft (9.8m by 14.0m) duplex in Ibadan. I have completed the foundation and the first floor walls.
I do not want to jump into the next stage which is decking without having an idea of the cost.
Any helpful information will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Decking A Duplex by Payperboii(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
Can I do the costing for you? At a reasonable price
Re: Cost Of Decking A Duplex by openbook: 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
Are you a quantity surveyor?
Re: Cost Of Decking A Duplex by Gabrokpara001(m): 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2019
openbook:
Are you a quantity surveyor?

Send me a message on whatsapp to get your detailed Bill of quantity for decking @ an affordable fee 09037396586

See a sample of our work below

Re: Cost Of Decking A Duplex by openbook: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2019
You stated "reasonable price". Like how much are we talking about?
Re: Cost Of Decking A Duplex by kenpower: 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hello everyone. I will appreciate it if home owners and experts in the house can give me a rough estimate to deck a 32ft by 46ft (9.8m by 14.0m) duplex in Ibadan. I have completed the foundation and the first floor walls.
I do not want to jump into the next stage which is decking without having an idea of the cost.
Any helpful information will be greatly appreciated. @openbook budget 2.7million naira ,,,signed architect/builder-desse -contact at 08020859795,08033506527 .
Re: Cost Of Decking A Duplex by Analyst01(m): 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hi,

Providing the dimensions of the building is not enough information to provide you with a detailed cost estimate.

I suppose you've got a structural drawing. The structural drawing will provide information on where the staircase is, it's size, the reinforcements therein. It will also provide information on the beams in the slab: the size of the beams, the reinforcements sizes and placements. And others.

This is the information the estimator will need to provide you with

1. The concrete works: provide either in lump volume sum or broken down into bags of cement, trips of sand, stones etc.
2. The Reinforcements: also provided either in lump sum weight terms I.e KGS or tons or broken down into lengths of 16mm, 12mm, rolls of binding wire etc.
3. The Formwork: also in like manner as the above.

I can provide you with a detailed cost estimate if you provide me with the detailed structural drawing.

You can contact me on WhatsApp 07033544353.
Re: Cost Of Decking A Duplex by frozen70(f): 9:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
openbook:
Any helpful information will be greatly appreciated.

From my own experience, get about 25tones of granite, it will be useful for your pillars, lintel, decking and lintel or upper flow

Make sure its gotten from quarry and not road side granite, it will pay you more with bigger quantities, here Weare talking about #150k or more

But your iron rods in tones not in singles, it will pay you more but you may use up to 11/2 tones of 16mm and 21/2 tones of 12mm depending on the quotation given to you

Get a trailer supply of 130 bags of cement, it will help from down lintel, pillars and decking with pillars also

I will advise you get a carpenter that will charge you to deck with his wood and bamboo, why because, if you chose to buy the planks for decking, after that it's useless in your hand and will be stollen by other residents and you will still pay him to mount the decking and still pay him to remove the decking because it can't remain there

But if he charges you for the whole job, he knows where and how to get his woods from a previously decjed building, he will just buy few to replace damaged ones and after 3wks, it's set for removal, you don't need to beg him because he will remove it and reuse it for another customer

While the carpenter is knacking the decking the electrician will be laying pipes for wiring tgat us if you prefer conduit wiring then the plumber will be laying pipes if you prefer conduit piping

Now bear in mind that the beauty of conduit wiring is that all wires will go inside the blocks and decking then for conduit pipes, I don't lije it because if their is any lickage, you have to keep breaking till you get to the spot and repair but it's the most beautiful of plumbing because you won't see pipes littered around the building walls

Always program your building towards dry season from November to April to avoid delays of your work and most concretes drys quicker during dry season

Remember that if you have the money, as you deck, you pour water on it the next day any the next other day you Start laying upper floors

While the carpenter is removing the decking plank, you negotiate with him, he will charge you and use same woods to do the internal pillars and lintel

It will save you the cost of hiring motor to transport the woods for lintel and pillars when you can use it immediately

And when you are ready for roofing, let your carpenter charge you for roofing and nogging of celin the same time

As you are putting the wood for roofing a d nogging, put your zink at once if not the weather effects may bend the wood while waiting for money to get the zink

That's all for now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Key Haven Estate: A Place You Want To Be! / New Building self con total Package 250k..All kind of apartment Lakowe and it's / I Have Properties For Sale In Nigeria And Costa Rica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.