Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (320113 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 9:12pm On May 08, 2020
Do you people see possibility for PTDF scholarship this year? Don't you think the issue of Covid-19 can affect the whole process of selection for this year? Even though we are not praying for that to happen but the thing is scary.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 10:05pm On May 08, 2020
FatimaMK:
Do you people see possibility for PTDF scholarship this year? Don't you think the issue of Covid-19 can affect the whole process of selection for this year? Even though we are not praying for that to happen but the thing is scary.
I strongly don't think so. The issue of Covid-19 has largely been contained in most of the destination countries and life is gradually returning to normal. Maybe with the exception of UK. Germany is opening, China has opened up and France is easing down from May 11. Furthermore, it is said that Nigeria will reach the peak sometimes in July or so. So why would they disrupt the process for a whole year. Infact I CANNOT see otherwise. PTDF will conclude everything soon,. You just wait and see

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Anfieldboss: 3:54pm On May 09, 2020
29Ade07:

I strongly don't think so. The issue of Covid-19 has largely been contained in most of the destination countries and life is gradually returning to normal. Maybe with the exception of UK. Germany is opening, China has opened up and France is easing down from May 11. Furthermore, it is said that Nigeria will reach the peak sometimes in July or so. So why would they disrupt the process for a whole year. Infact I CANNOT see otherwise. PTDF will conclude everything soon,. You just wait and see

Are you putting into consideration that PTDF might not have the funds this year because of the crash in crude oil prices and inevitable economic recession looming?

4 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Alpheziz: 7:12pm On May 10, 2020
PTDF is releasing masters list May 14...Let's brace up for the water fall

3 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Sam3263: 8:01pm On May 10, 2020
Alpheziz:

Whats ur source of information
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 8:45pm On May 10, 2020
Anfieldboss:

Are you putting into consideration that PTDF might not have the funds this year because of the crash in crude oil prices and inevitable economic recession looming?
Yeah!!. I see. However let us simplify the whole scenario this way:
1)Germany and China bears the tuition and living expenses of scholars. I think PTDF only contribute their flight tickets or so. Correct me if my facts are wrong. It will be unfortunate if PTDF batters away their slots for this year for flimsy reasons;
2) Tuition in France and Malaysia are really cheap. This should not be a burden
3) UK universities are the real money guzzlers. Sometime I wish PTDF stop patronising them. These might be where the challenge might be.
4) Oil price is around 30 dollars or so presently and might continue to increase as most western nation have reportedly passed their peaks and economies are being kickstarted.

I still believe strongly that the exercise will not be aborted. It wil continue shortly.

3 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Abokii8(m): 8:50pm On May 10, 2020
Alpheziz:
Next to impossible bro. But fingers crossed.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 9:48pm On May 10, 2020
Please how sure are you? Do you really mean what you said? Don't raise our tensions unnecessary please
Alpheziz:

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Alpheziz: 11:37pm On May 10, 2020
Abokii8:
Next to impossible bro. But fingers crossed.

I didn't say ptdf might release names.. They WILL release names 14th for Msc...I don't have any concrete info for that me Phd...
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 11:53pm On May 10, 2020
Alpheziz:

I didn't say ptdf might release names.. They WILL release names 14th for Msc...I don't have any concrete info for that me Phd...
Gegen!!!
Thank you Alpheziz. May 14 don almost reach na.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Cousiim: 1:06am On May 11, 2020
Alpheziz:

This reminds me of NNPC recruitment � grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Tunjasko(m): 3:38am On May 11, 2020
smiley
Cousiim:

grin
Cousiim:

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EnvConsultant(m): 3:43pm On May 11, 2020
I'm also CONFIDENTthat PTDF SHALL release MSc list by Monday 18th. While PhD interviews will be by Mid June to June ending. Their list will be out by July ending too. Thank you very much.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Cousiim: 3:55pm On May 11, 2020
EnvConsultant:
I'm also CONFIDENTthat PTDF SHALL release MSc list by Monday 18th. While PhD interviews will be by Mid June to June ending. Their list will be out by July ending too. Thank you very much.

What about those that are yet to be interviewed? Doesn’t seem fair o!
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 4:30pm On May 11, 2020
Cousiim:

I thought they concluded masters' interview before the lock down. They are left with PhD only.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 4:36pm On May 11, 2020
Why do you say so? What they are saying is that Msc list of successful applicants will be released, and we all know that PTDF has finished interview for Msc applicants before the entire process was suspended. All the dates assigned to Msc applicants for the interview has been exhausted. If there is any Msc applicant that failed to attend the interview I think that applicant should have himself to be blamed. It will be unfair for any Msc hopeful to accuse PTDF of not being fair to him just because he failed to attend the interview on the date assigned to him.
Cousiim:

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 4:56pm On May 11, 2020
FatimaMK:
Why do you say so? What they are saying is that Msc list of successful applicants will be released, and we all know that PTDF has finished interview for Msc applicants before the entire process was suspended. All the dates assigned to Msc applicants for the interview has been exhausted. If there is any Msc applicant that failed to attend the interview I think that applicant should have himself to be blamed. It will be unfair for any Msc hopeful to accuse PTDF of not being fair to him just because he failed to attend the interview on the date assigned to him.
An Msc candidate who fails to show up on his scheduled interview date will be interviewed on another date only if it falls within the Msc timeline. Once Msc interviews are over, all Msc candidates profiles are automatically locked. They'll simply ask such a candidate to try again.
We pray and hope for the best from Allah, may the list Carry our names.

4 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by jlomz: 6:11am On May 12, 2020
All these Linus Mba's don reach here?
Why play with people's emotions deliberately like this?
Haba, not again now. What's the source of your information on dates of release now?
The moment one said 14th, another just jumped in and added his own 18th. Unna no dey fear God sef?

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by jlomz: 6:17am On May 12, 2020
Alpheziz:

They'll release list when they've been working from home since Abi.
Alpheziz 14th is Thursday, and I hope it's May 14th you referring to. Don't come here on Thursday and tell us it's 14th you said without adding May to it!
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 10:00am On May 12, 2020
jlomz:

They'll release list when they've been working from home since Abi.
Alpheziz 14th is Thursday, and I hope it's May 14th you referring to. Don't come here on Thursday and tell us it's 14th you said without adding May to it!
working from home cannot be an excuse, besides not all members of staff are working from home. Also, only few members of staff have access to the list or decide on it, others will know about it just when it has been released. let's exercise patience, May 14th is very close. The guy has done well by confidently passing across the information he has. Even if it doesn't happen on that day, we move!
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Loris576(m): 10:56am On May 12, 2020
Does anyone know why ptdf undergraduate scholarship application is not out ?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by AjayMain: 12:38pm On May 12, 2020
Anfieldboss:

It is part of 2020 National Budget, this has been budgeted for already, the one for 2021 will be in 2021 budget as part of expenditure.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Anfieldboss: 12:54pm On May 12, 2020
AjayMain:

It is part of 2020 National Budget, this has been budgeted for already, the one for 2021 will be in 2021 budget as part of expenditure.

And do you know the budget has been revised due to fall in projected revenue as a result of fall in crude oil prices? My advice for anyone waiting on PTDF scholarship is to keep an open mind because the country has more serious issues at hand they are grappling with at the moment.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 2:23pm On May 12, 2020
Government has only revised capital expenditure not recurrent expenditure
Anfieldboss:

And do you know the budget has been revised due to fall in projected revenue as a result of fall in crude oil prices? My advice for anyone waiting on PTDF scholarship is to keep an open mind because the country has more serious issues at hand they are grappling with at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Anfieldboss: 4:56pm On May 12, 2020
FatimaMK:
Government has only revised capital expenditure not recurrent expenditure

And you think PTDF scholarship is recurrent expenditure?

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 5:37pm On May 12, 2020
Do you know how the scholars are being paid? Monthly, quarterly or just once? Do you know the source of income for PTDF?
Anfieldboss:

And you think PTDF scholarship is recurrent expenditure?

4 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Anfieldboss: 5:47pm On May 12, 2020
FatimaMK:
Do you know how the scholars are being paid? Monthly, quarterly or just once? Do you know the source of income for PTDF?

I don't think PTDF scholarship is a recurrent expenditure, I could be wrong. PTDF scholarship is for developing manpower for the oil and gas industry, I don't think that will pass as a recurrent expense, it looks more like a capital project. For the previous scholars already awarded, modalities must have been put in place to pay scholars as at the time of the award, it could be monthly, quarterly, or lump sum.....so basically they will not be affected by the economic crunch.

Apparently, they get their monies from budgetary allocation to them via ministry of petroleum.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 10:56pm On May 12, 2020
Anfieldboss:

I don't think PTDF scholarship is a recurrent expenditure, I could be wrong. PTDF scholarship is for developing manpower for the oil and gas industry, I don't think that will pass as a recurrent expense, it looks more like a capital project. For the previous scholars already awarded, modalities must have been put in place to pay scholars as at the time of the award, it could be monthly, quarterly, or lump sum.....so basically they will not be affected by the economic crunch.

Apparently, they get their monies from budgetary allocation to them via ministry of petroleum.
The scholarship is undoubtedly Recurrent and not Capex.

Capex can be defined as money spent to buy improve or maintain fixed assets such as roads, bridges, buildings vehicles and equipment etc. For example if the legislative are buying new sets of official cars, that can be classified as fixed assets. Human can not be classified as fixed assets.

Recurrent expenditure refers mainly to expenditure on operations, wages and salaries, purchases of goods and services, and current grants and subsidies.

Let us think of the scholarship as a fixed term contract with the Federal Government-similar to Nysc-where your remuneration or wage or salary covers your tuition,flight tickets and living expenses during your studies.

Once again it falls under Recurrent and not Capex .

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 7:55am On May 13, 2020
Well, I do not know the exact date the list will be published, but what I do know is that before it is done, they must have heard from the host countries on the measures put in place for international students. Else, they will just release names and scholars will again be left stranded.

I do not know for other countries, but what I do know is that for France and for most of the schools, No Visa would be issued for international students before December 2020. In fact, what we do know is that new students are to join lectures online starting from September/October. Specifically for my school, we are sure, that no new students will be allowed into the school until January 7th, 2021. This date has been confirmed and communicated to students.

With the rising numbers in Africa, especially in Nigeria, you should expect that flights will be limited and only for important cases. Depending on how things turn up in Nigeria, if France get's it's number of cases down and that of Nigeria (Which is expected to peak in September or thereabout) is still up, one can be sure that the host countries will restrict entry into the Euro region.

And we know what it means for Nigerians to follow courses online from Nigeria? It will really be difficult. So May 14th is ready and if true/list released, I wish all the scholars the very best.

Keep staying safe

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 8:07am On May 13, 2020
Thanks MrPhysics
Any plans to extend admission window? I know ecole centrale de Nantes is closing application on the 15th of May. same as many others. Most in Germany will be closed 31st May. Alot of confusion!
PTDF might be aware and wouldn't want last year's experience repeat itself.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 8:27am On May 13, 2020
Let things come back to normal
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Loris576(m): 8:54am On May 13, 2020
Loris576:
Does anyone know why ptdf undergraduate scholarship application is not out ?
Make person answer me na..
Is it yearly or not

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (98) (Reply)

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.