Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,441 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed (32939 Views)

Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats / Hate Speech Bill: Wole Soyinka Writes Nigerian Senate / Hate Speech Bill: Senate Urges Nigerians To Be Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by sylve11: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
cool
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Flier: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
Racoon:

Thought the senate members(esp.Elisha Abbo, were obstinate they are going ahead with the bill regardless what Nigerians feel about the bill?

Go ahead and pass it into law.A fact is, you will all be consume by it in time to come.Whatsoever goes around also comes and stays around.
You are super funny,stop this chest beating and thank God Lawan recieved sense before it's too late,Nothing would have happened if it was passed! Everything goes unchecked in this useless government

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by senatepresido: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
Noted
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
grin

Laughing in Nuclear power cuz this one hook them too.

How did I get into Nigeria.

God please deliver Nigeria.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by helinues: 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jantamanta1:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash

Omo Pau be ibon

Fire on jare with our lords job

na till eternity
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by greatermeme: 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
Gibsonho:
Please friends,what is the work of a chief whip in a department?
Google is your best friend!
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by buywpbundles: 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Rubbish nass
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Pass it and see Nigeria goes up in flame !
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Formularcr7: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
I don't really know why everyone is against it, I may not know how they plan to implement it but I'm sure hate speech will consume Nigeria one day if not curbed.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by YorubaPrince: 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
Of course, you dare NOT! angry
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Lexusgs430: 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
Commonsense prevailed........
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by edetcliff: 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
Racoon:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/364915-analysis-five-nigerian-senators-who-support-social-media-regulation-and-likely-reasons-they-do.html

Thought the senate members(esp.Elisha Abbo, etc) were obstinate they are going ahead with the bill regardless what Nigerians feel about the bill?

Go ahead and pass it into law.A fact is, you will all be consume by it in time to come.Whatsoever goes around also comes and stays around.

His children will be enslaved, with no freedon of speech, having no right to talk against the in appropriate activities of the Govt.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by mullerman: 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
That your way
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Ajibade123(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
you for pass it na mumu
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Jessyherbals: 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
This could be you before Christmas

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by haIimi26: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
Don't trust them o
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Jessyherbals: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
��

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by meum: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ordinary speech that will be misconstrued and tagged "hate speech" the penalty was death.

That was too crude.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Kunlexity(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
This what you see when people stand up collectively against Bill that infringes on the right of citizens..

We won!
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Funkeshuga(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
what the idiot that sponsored the bill Dont know is that one day that bill will stand against him when he feel uncomfortable with some political decision

I don't blame the senators debating on the bill, na the idiot that elected them in various constituencies I blame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by airminem(f): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
This 9th senate cant fool the people all the time.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Horus(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG1tExTyrAI

Hate Speech Bill: UN opposes death penalty for offense
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Switruth: 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2019
Gibsonho:
Please friends,what is the work of a chief whip in a department?
. Chief wey dey use whip dey flog senotors wey dey make noise for chamber.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by K4daniel: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2019
So if the bishop never spoke on this useless bill the govt will not think of telling us their intention.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Lastmankc(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2019
If they pass this hate speech bill,many nairalanders we be hang.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by meobizy(f): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2019
Our leaders have probably not found a means to monetize the laws hence backing off. I know if it truly is to their benefit no amount of outcry will change things. Highest we’ll physically protest of which they’ll calm down for a while, edit the name and purpose of the bill then pass it into law under our very noses.

Before I forget...

I am Meobizy, a Nairalander, and I still support the release of Decree 4 aka the social media bill. Now let the stupid memes flow as usual.
Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by clarocuzioo(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
SaintLucia:
Report this criminal and murderer to the nearest police station in case you see him.

You see how hatred for a tribe have made you to expose your ignorance.

Yes he was declared wanted by the police but he still remains a SUSPECT untill proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction, but here you have judged him, and pronounced him guilty already by calling him "A CRIMINAL AND A MURDERER" an you did not realise this is hate speech?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Boyooosa(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
ijewejones:
Definitely will affect ALL Nigerians if they approve/pass the bill..(whether on top or below)

While we wait to see the end.

But that coming from the senate president,a round of applause
Don't clap for him yet bro, he only mentioned that 'the national assembly will not pass anti people bill', he did not state that that proposed bill will not be passed, check very well pls.
We are dealing with hardened politicians here...
Unrepentant ones for that sake.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by ijewejones: 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2019
Boyooosa:

Don't clap for him yet bro, he only mentioned that 'the national assembly will not pass anti people bill', he did not state that that proposed bill will not be passed, check very well pls.
[/b]We are dealing with hardened politicians here...Unrepentant ones for that sake[b].

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
Good riddance to a dumb nonsense!....but we still need to watch our cos i don't trust those mofos!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu, Obasanjo Meet At Uzodimma's Swearing-In Ceremony (Picture) / President Buhari Speaks On Fresh Plateau Killings / Okorocha Reacts To Court’s Order That INEC Issue Him Certificate Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.