Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,103 members, 7,845,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State (43157 Views)

Pastor Samuel Udo-Mbang Is Dead. Deeper Life Swaziland Overseer Slumps & Dies / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / Omamen Iyawe Slumps, Dies In Church In Abuja (Pastor Idahosa Iyawe's Wife) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by Afrosage(f): 11:10am On Dec 06, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Ada Oji-Okodu ! ....Nkelu ebo/village isi ? Abum Urumkpu. Cc. Afrosage
Lmao...crazy somebody. Dimboko ,VIP side
Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by Nmezor(f): 11:21am On Dec 06, 2019
Rest on Father
Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by midnighter(f): 11:34am On Dec 06, 2019
Franklin31:

Exercising regularly can also kill if you already have some underlying illness that makes your body too weak for exercises. Mere strolling is enough exercise for some people. Overworking one's body is more dangerous than lack of exercise. Remember that some people have survived in a wheelchair for many years. Drugs and junk foods are the main cause of most illnesses we attribute to lack of exercise.

Strolling is a form of regular exercise too, I don't mean that the person should suddenly start running miles without taking any precautions. Regular exercises strengthen your body and don't make it weaker as long as the type of exercise you do is suited to your condition.

People in wheelchairs still ought to do some form of exercise to stop themselves from wasting away.

Lack of exercise and overworking the body are both dangerous extremes that should be avoided.

Junk food is the partly the cause but lack of exercise is also implicated. Diet and exercise are related to each other, you can't mention food and expect to still be healthy without being active.

1 Like

Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by SaturnNick(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2019
Wow... So sad. RIP sir
Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by Franklin31: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2019
midnighter:

Strolling is a form of regular exercise too, I don't mean that the person should suddenly start running miles without taking any precautions. Regular exercises strengthen your body and don't make it weaker as long as the type of exercise you do is suited to your condition.

People in wheelchairs still ought to do some form of exercise to stop themselves from wasting away.

Lack of exercise and overworking the body are both dangerous extremes that should be avoided.

Junk food is the partly the cause but lack of exercise is also implicated. Diet and exercise are related to each other, you can't mention food and expect to still be healthy without being active.

I don't mean one should be totally inactive. But for you to enjoy whatever benefits exercise has to offer, you have to be healthy enough to do the exercise. I did a lot of gymnastics in my younger days, but at some point my health started failing me, and it got worse the more I tried to be active. I would regain my stamina after a long period of inactivity. It happened that after one of such recoveries, I embarked on a very serious physical training and I broke down again after about 4 weeks. I've not regained my health again since then. This happened 20 years ago. I used to be a very active person. Gymnastics was my passion. I used to enjoy long walks. I could undertake a journey of more than 20km on foot. I used to complete a journey of about 12km within 2 hours. But now every little thing I do makes me feel ill. The thing is that there was an underlying neurological illness that got worse as a result of overstretching myself. If I heed to the warning early enough, I wouldn't have got myself into this mess. This is my own story.
Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by OMANBALA1: 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2019
Afrosage:
Lmao...crazy somebody. Dimboko ,VIP side

Ibu nu nnem Ochie! Ejim isi m',ukwu m', na aka m' muo nwadiani na Ubulu-Dimboko. Daalu sor

Cc. Afrosage
Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by midnighter(f): 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2019
Franklin31:

I don't mean one should be totally inactive. But for you to enjoy whatever benefits exercise has to offer, you have to be healthy enough to do the exercise. I did a lot of gymnastics in my younger days, but at some point my health started failing me, and it got worse the more I tried to be active. I would regain my stamina after a long period of inactivity. It happened that after one of such recoveries, I embarked on a very serious physical training and I broke down again after about 4 weeks. I've not regained my health again since then. This happened 20 years ago. I used to be a very active person. Gymnastics was my passion. I used to enjoy long walks. I could undertake a journey of more than 20km on foot. I used to complete a journey of about 12km within 2 hours. But now every little thing I do makes me feel ill. The thing is that there was an underlying neurological illness that got worse as a result of overstretching myself. If I heed to the warning early enough, I wouldn't have got myself into this mess. This is my own story.

Firstly I am sorry for your health challenges, I hope you find a solution soonest.

From what you have written here, the problem was not actual exercise. The issue was that you were unaware of your underlying problem, which was exacerbated by vigorous exercise.

When you say you had "recoveries", were they at home or did you seek medical advice? Because if the doctor had picked up on the fact that you were ill, you would have been able to adjust your training regimen.

Plus it sounds like you were actually a trained athlete, which is different from what we are discussing here. Athletes need constant guidance and monitoring by competent professionals so that they wont, as you put it "over-stretch" themselves.

Most people in the population are not sick, and most people are not athletes, so taking a jog somewhere once in a while wont actually kill the majority of people.

They can faint, vomit, fall down and other stuff when they are not used to it, but humans are not so fragile that they just die like that.

Nigerian factor means that we are always rushing about from pillar to post but its just that its stressful, not that it automatically kills.

1 Like

Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by Afrosage(f): 3:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Ibu nu nnem Ochie! Ejim isi m',ukwu m', na aka m' muo nwadiani na Ubulu-Dimboko. Daalu sor

Cc. Afrosage
hehehe,wow...uwc nwadiani

1 Like

Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by explosiveskull(m): 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2019
Franklin31:

Not always true. I did a lot of gymnastics in my younger days but at some point my health started failing me and it got worse the more I exercised. Make sure your wife is healthy enough before you make her run 5km. Exercise can kill. That is why thorough medical checkup is required before one can join the military. People die in the course of training or even screening. There have been cases where even the fastest runner ended up dying.
It's like you participate in either the DSSC course 25 or the SSC 46?
Why will I marry a woman who is sick?

1 Like

Re: Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State by charlsecy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sagay212:
People slumping while playing football
Lovelife433:
ausubilahi, who send him to place football when his healt is saying otherwise?
millionboi2:
Sportz is not 4all
Nnemuka:
Reason I don't exercise... I don't want to die early biko
Why not read and understand before making comments? He's a coach.

VeeVeeMyLuv:
if you wanna eat a proper healthy balanced diet you need 5-10k a day.
Not true!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon / RCCG Asked To Remove Its Building Under A High-Tension In Lagos / Little Boy Branded A Witch In Uyo, Abandoned On The Streets (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.