Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing (34578 Views)

BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians / Hakeem Odumosu Warns Ikorodu Traditionalists To Stop Fortifying Gang Members / Hakeem Odumosu And Folashade Omotade Wedding (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by nairavsdollars(f): 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu on Thursday said policemen have no right to stop people on the road and search their mobile phones, saying it is an infringement of the law.

Odumosu who spoke in Yoruba on Lagos Television’s programme ‘Owurolawa’ also said it is a criminal act for policemen to arrest young people for indecent dressing, dreadlocks or having tattoos on their bodies, saying any policeman who engages in that will be severely punished.

He said people are free to live their lives the way they want as long as they don’t violate the law.

According to him, since the assumption of office, over 20 policemen have been arrested and detained for committing one offence or another.

” We will not condone any act of indiscipline from policemen. Any policeman who violates the law will be severely punished. The law that applies to citizens also applies to policemen”.

” The law that says motorists must not drive against oncoming traffic also applies to policemen. Any policemen or soldier that drives against traffic will be arrested”

” If you see any policeman doing anything contrary to the law, my phone numbers are available. Just put a call through and we will act promptly on it” he said.

The CP who also said anyone using explosives and firecrackers during the Yuletide will be arrested said he can be reached directly on 08169589826.
https://www.independent.ng/police-have-no-right-to-search-mobile-phones-arrest-people-for-indecent-dressing-lagos-cp-odumosu/

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Officialgarri: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
People like this sport betting scammer above is why the police keep searching our phones

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Olami83: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
Some people will start calling him to beg for money.. I trust my people

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Abdul05: 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ok,l "ll save that number 08169589826,l have some idle bastards at my yard

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by hisexcellency34: 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
Police dash you money or to collect from you?

Olami83:
Some people will start calling him to beg for money.. I trust my people

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Brandstudio01: 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
And what if the person is perceived to be a Bandit. Even the American Police whose laws we are imitating will search to make sure there's no weapon on you For self defense during arrest

1 Like

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by cRobo: 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2019
If they can obey court order is it this one

Abegee

2 Likes

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by SouthSouth1914: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
” If you see any policeman doing anything contrary to the law, my phone numbers are available. Just put a call through and we will act promptly on it” he said.

I thought he was serious until the call me thing! But I hope he is serious..

21 Likes

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by YungMillionaire: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
cool cool
Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Publicizing: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
I was almost falling for this until he put up his number for call... If you still want to live long... Do not claim you know your rights when a policeman asks to search your phone. Just hand over your phone jejely...

I'm speaking from experience...

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Naijaarchive(m): 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hmmmm i hope they hear
Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Prettiedame: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
Tell your people

4 Likes

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by johnkay1(m): 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
He should educate his people. They like flexing muscle on passer by but when they see robbers they'll flee.

If you see them today when they were chasing okada riders, you'll think Third World War has started

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Happyguy201: 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
we need more police men like him

3 Likes

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by H2ho(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ok okay
Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Adunbi3: 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
Nice one, hope this is not just mouth saying

1 Like

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by WilliamsNedd: 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
Nice one
Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by skyhighweb(m): 5:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
no b say wen i call u turn blank ear, u go come join make matter worse for me.

anyway go on tv for one week straight saying what u just said and see how people go dey beat police wella

5 Likes

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
Abegi. How many times una wan talk this matter
Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
CP Hakeem Odumosu, please tell them not us!!! If they cannot obey your command, what can an ordinary Nigerian do

When Nigerians remind them of the laws, them go think say we dey show ourselves!!!

They tend to be VERY aggressive

Also warn the ogas that usually send them to make daily delivery, it's because of them, they come up with insane excuses!!!

34 Likes

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Racoon(m): 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
Just like recurrent music to the ears.Mitchw! angry
Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by helinues: 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
Na so they always claimed
Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by slimanyd: 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
Na so one stop me for BCJ area , they search my phone, asking me all sort of questions , About the emails I use. I told him its mine and I can use any name to nick my emails. Las las, him release my phone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by veekid(m): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
Oga CP, save that bullshîts on your memory card

2 Likes

Re: Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing by Ajibade123(m): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
This one is just saying his own so as to look clean mtcheeew
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Whose Brother Was Kidnapped In Zamfara Curses Buhari (Photo) / Asari Dokubo Blasts Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB "I'm Not A Gentle Man" / PDP Sharing Rice And Yam At Campaign Venue (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.