Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Am I Good Enough? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Good Enough? (262 Views)

Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / My Mom Says He Is Not Good Enough For Me But I Am In Love With Him / I Am Wil Never Be Good Enough For My Parents :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am I Good Enough? by Aksah12: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
AM I GOOD ENOUGH

Many times, most people tend to compare themselves with others. They want to see if they measure up to another person's lifestyle, sense of fashion, looks, bank account, talents or skills etc. Could that be you?

Do you often find yourself looking at the other lady across the room, and your eyes begin to notice how she's got everything in the right place; the good looks, smooth face, perfect height, and the right curves in the right places.

Almost immediately you just find yourself shrinking in size, and your self worth begin to diminish to level zero. Your perceived inadequacies just becomes so loud and keeps doubling until you think the whole world can see all your flaws zoomed by 100% and you tell yourself, " .....am just a plain Jane".

While your mind gets thinking, I am not good enough, not tall enough, not beautiful enough, not handsome enough, not rich enough, not smart enough,.................... you never will be.

There will always be someone who has more of the qualities you have or would love to have. So how long do you intend to keep up with this negativity and self defeating thought pattern. How long will you keep allowing happiness to elude you because of a few things you haven't or couldn't attain, especially those things you cannot control.

No matter how rich you get, there will be someone working to break that record. No matter how beautiful you look, you won't always look the same all your life. (Even Miss world gets to wear the crown only for one year, then it goes to another). So why let a certain trait, ability or lack of it, decide your happiness.

If you are not happy with who you are and what you have, what's the guarantee that having all those other things will get you that happiness.

There can be no happiness without self acceptance.

You will never be enough and may never measure up to them. Guess what? They are not the standard for you. Therefore, being like them will never be enough.
Want to be good enough? Be you till full.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make Surprise Calls To Your Loved Ones This Season With Callmerry / Looking For That Inverter Guy / Is Your Spouse Supposed To Like Your State Of Origin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.