Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year (22318 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Wins Forbes 'African Of The Year' Award 2020 / Adesina: African Lender Agrees On Independent Probe Of AfDB President / Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by LivingSage: 7:38am On Dec 06, 2019
Don't worry, we have a better candidate for Nigeria come 2023. Ogbeni Abdu'Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola
Solsix:
Y can't SW give us this guy as our new president come 2023
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by ablejesus26(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2019
Bukden16:
Stop bragging..!
How many times do you know IPOB members have been awarded the same award..?

Bia hope you know that it's not every igbo man that is an ipob fan

and don't start your mumu Yoruba vs igbo matter on this forum this early morning

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Myde4naija(m): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2019
The one and only outstanding minister PDP can boast of throughout their 16years in power.

The rest of PDP cabinet are only good at criminal act, syphoning the common wealth, politicking with important nation building issues, political thuggery, and every other bad activities one can think of.

All of them including their yahoo Governors are going to jail despite running for cover at APC.

God Bless Nigeria

God Bless Every Nigerians excluding the selfish ones the will rather appreciate the looting days and condemn the good PMB is doing to make Nigeria better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by CaptainFM1: 7:45am On Dec 06, 2019
Solsix:

We have seen how u treated our illustrus sons. Awo and MKO. We don't want any of our sons and daughters to killed like chickens again. We don wise up for SW. We go cook this one well in our Ogun and Obatala shrine b4 we release am for president. For now we have Tinubu ready for 2023. This change must continue till 2031! We never see anything for this country!

1 Like

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Soulsymbol99: 7:47am On Dec 06, 2019
Presidential material cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by CaptainFM1: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2019
YungMillionaire:

If Nigeria wants to move forward they elect me as president. I will kill corrupt officials, closed down all churches and mosques,

I definitely will vote for you or anyone that can do those two things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Whoiwannabe(m): 7:52am On Dec 06, 2019
anonimi:

Are you so cheap
How does that make him cheap

1 Like

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by JB4life: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2019
This is the type of person that should be begged to contest for president in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by brainhgeek(m): 7:56am On Dec 06, 2019
NGpatriot:
Akinwumi A. Adesina

@akin_adesina

I am humbled and greatly honored to be named African of the Year by Forbes Africa.

Great one there. Hope FBI won't be after him later.....
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 06, 2019
This man should run for president. I love him so much. He is smart and capable .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by 7lives: 8:26am On Dec 06, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Mtchewww.

You made no sense at all.

Jonathan worked with the best technocrats indeed. I am certain you've never met one who is truly a technocrat nor understand the actual meaning of the word.

Jonathan's 'technocrats' such as Okonjo Iweala, Allison-Madueke, Adesina & co, who supervised the looting of our patrimony and came up with programs and policies that have no bearing on the Nigerian masses.

How far did Adesina's cassava initiative go? Why was Adesina unable to revitalize the fertilizer blending plants, in all his ingenuity? Can you recall their fertilizer - mobile phone initiative for farmers? Of what economic value was that? Where was Okonjo Iweala when Sambo Dasuki took over her role as Finance minister to divert funds meant for security to cronies and party men? Buhari's Presidential Fertilizer Initiative has ensured the revitalization of various blending plants across Nigeria. Unlike, cassave bread, our Nigerian rice has flooded every nook and cranny of the country, as production is said to have hit 5 - 6million metric tons per annum, according to RIFAN. Did you know that the cost of fertilizer dropped by around 100% with the implementation of the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative? Where was Okonjo Iweala when our foreign reserve was being depleted, thereby permitting a free fall of the naira? Did you know that the Jonathan administration borrowed to pay April 2015 salary - that was the very last month before he left office? Did you know that Jonathan left less than $30billion as foreign reserve but today we have over $45billion? Should I name Buhari's projects for you? Where were Okonjo Iweala and Allison Madueke during the oil windfall when others in OPEC saved billions of $? How much did they save?

https://www.nairaland.com/3016147/flash-back-okonjos-excuse-borrowing

Let's not go to Allison-Madueke because she can best be described as a disaster. Make I nor hear call her technocrat o. Abi, na because she be the first black ED of Shell? Does her conduct as minister not prove to any discerning mind that she was undeserving of her past accomplishments? Wasn't she a mere opportunist? What defines a technocrat are expertise and character.

Let me have the names of the loyalists that Buhari compensated with sensitive positions as you claimed.

The problem with Nigeria is that a lot of people are not even educated, so the more you try to explain things to them, the more confused they are.
They know next to nothing about economic engineering, " how the economy works.", a friend rushed down to scream that Buhari had closed the border, the economy is about to collapse again, he was so furious.
I asked him how will the economy collapse?, he said the word is out on the street, everybody is afraid, price of rice and other items are going up.
A month later he came back, and I was like this dumbo is back again, he opened his mouth and said that the border closure was a blessing in disguise.
I was like how?, he said their warehouse is empty now, all the spaghetti and noodles that are not moving in the market have been sold.
I asked him what would have happen if the goods in the warehouse were not sold, he said his employer was already planning to replace everyone in the sales team.
I told him, that even if his employer sack and hire the sales team a hundred times, as long as the local goods are exposed to cheap foreign goods, that product will not sell and in the end, the bussiness will be shut down and people will loose jobs.
I told him that those who closed the border already factored this and other issues into consideration, before deciding to close the border.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Solsix(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2019
OkoAmarashy:

So, out of millions of you, there's not a single one like him you can point at?

Shebi you said you won't vote SW in 2023?
I don't vote along ethinic or tribal lines, I vote credibility
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by 7lives: 8:31am On Dec 06, 2019
LivingSage:
Don't worry, we have a better candidate for Nigeria come 2023. Ogbeni Abdu'Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola

I love that guy o, ORANMIYAN.

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Tsolutionifede(m): 8:37am On Dec 06, 2019
Solsix:
shut up there, u will still not vote for him because of 2,000 or tribalism. Useless lazy Nigerian youth(ULNY)

1 Like

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by agabusta: 9:08am On Dec 06, 2019
nedekid:

Oga if a real positive person with capacity such as adesina presents himself I will surely vote for him. Where he comes from is not applicable. Everything he touches he distinguishes himself. Same as Peter Obi, Ambode etc.

Ambode?? The most useless governor Lagos has ever had? Someone that messed up Lagos inner roads, returned the state to a rubbish HQ and made civil servants lethagic.

Never you put Ambode on the same level with Peter Obi, Akinwunmi Adesina and other high performers.
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:10am On Dec 06, 2019
If Nigeria is a sane clime,the likes of Akinwumi should be the President.

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Yoighaman(m): 9:53am On Dec 06, 2019
I wonder why some people are mentioning Invictus Obi's tale and equating it with Adewumi A. Adesina's.....those doing this are obviously not exposed, why wouldn't any exposed person know the pedigree of this man, are they living in Mars? Or probably in a very remote village?

1 Like

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by MrFunk(m): 9:59am On Dec 06, 2019
He deserves more, honestly speaking. I forsee him becoming Nigeria's President in the future.
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by SoNature(m): 10:11am On Dec 06, 2019
7lives:

The problem with Nigeria is that a lot of people are not even educated, so the more you try to explain things to them, the more confused they are.
They know next to nothing about economic engineering, " how the economy works.", a friend rushed down to scream that Buhari had closed the border, the economy is about to collapse again, he was so furious.
I asked him how will the economy collapse?, he said the word is out on the street, everybody is afraid, price of rice and other items are going up.
A month later he came back, and I was like this dumbo is back again, he opened his mouth and said that the border closure was a blessing in disguise.
I was like how?, he said their warehouse is empty now, all the spaghetti and noodles that are not moving in the market have been sold.
I asked him what would have happen if the goods in the warehouse were not sold, he said his employer was already planning to replace everyone in the sales team.
I told him, that even if his employer sack and hire the sales team a hundred times, as long as the local goods are exposed to cheap foreign goods, that product will not sell and in the end, the bussiness will be shut down and people will loose jobs.

I told him that those who closed the border already factored this and other issues into consideration, before deciding to close the border.

You were making sense until you got to the emboldened...this is a false assumption.

Nothing was factored in because the essence of border closure was never to encourage local farmers grow.

The positive multiplier effect we have seen in our local economy was a happenstance....it was never planned.

China's approach to blocking foreign products from making way into their country just to encourage local content is NOT the same as what Buhari did. While the Chinese was a policy, Buhari's was a flash in the pan.

For the umpteen time, Buhari shut down the border because he believes Nigeria's neighboring countries were abusing the ECOWAS free trade policy.

While we are here celebrating the effect of the border closure, keep in mind that it has run many Nigerian importers out of business, including the genuine ones because I know them.

Again, it has absolutely nothing to do with encouraging local farmers grow their products.

Be guided and stop giving people wrong Information.
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by nedekid: 10:36am On Dec 06, 2019
agabusta:

Ambode?? The most useless governor Lagos has ever had? Someone that messed up Lagos inner roads, returned the state to a rubbish HQ and made civil servants lethagic.

Never you put Ambode on the same level with Peter Obi, Akinwunmi Adesina and other high performers.
Ambode is the best gov Lagos has ever had. If he had continued for another 4 years Lagos would have been almost at per with Dubai.
See all the major infrastrural projects from oshodi all the way to abeokuta express roads, the bridges, airport road that was an embarrassment for years, the light up Lagos project, security nko, Lagos State emagency services ie lru etc.
Regarding garbage, he tried to get it organized by introducing visionscope but obviously there was teething problems and lagosians could not be patient enough for them to be sorted out. A sour point in his administration though.
Civil servants must complain because they were not seeing free money. Eg lastma, etc he chased from seizing vehicles but rather to direct traffic and banning vio, roadsafty from the roads from extorting people. How will civil servants be happy?
The man has been chased out and everyone is crying about the hold up, the state of the roads, the darkness everywhere as all the lights arnt working no more.
What do we have now? Mr point and kill, very unprepared and clueless. Almost everything is falling apart.
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by CoolAmbience(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2019
7lives:

I don't know where to even start thanking you from.

The points you made are salient. Number one of which is the issue of education. Sincerely, the situation is worrisome.

To emphasize how 'strange' many Nigerians are, the initial and still lingering protest against border closure tells that 'they' do not even have the capacity to recognize or distinguish good from bad intention. To them, so long the directive does not directly put money into their pockets, it is a bad policy. Should they bother about the macroeconomics? The answer is no because it does not 'concern' them.

Since the history of Nigeria, I can say without fear or reservation, that no single government decision has offered this much leverage to boost our economy while churning out hundreds of thousands of jobs as the border closure.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Bolanlely(f): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2019
Well deserved
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by whitedove(m): 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mynd44:
I pray and hope this doesn't become another InvictusObi thing cos he also was on the cover of Forbe and Most influential 30 under 30
How can you say this? Hitherto,i thought you were a very cerebral person.who doesn't know the man's pedigree and antecedent? he can not descend so low to the level of INVICTUS.....LAELAE FABADA
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by God1stson(m): 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
Solsix:
Give us this man and watch all ethnic bickering die down.I am from South East but won't bath an eye lid to vote some1 like this to power. Truly, Nigeria deserve more of people like this. Good intentions ain't good enough integrity and competence makes leaders stand out

1 Like

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Solsix(m): 1:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
God1stson:

Give us this man and watch all ethnic bickering die down.I am from South East but won't bath an eye lid to vote some1 like this to power. Truly, Nigeria deserve more of people like this. Good intentions ain't good enough integrity and competence makes leaders stand out
Nna eh the funniest thing is that people who quoted me and said rubbish about my intentions are Yorubas. Most people think everybody is tribalistic. Am from SE but t will gladly vote for him or his like if opportunity presents itself. Nigeria deserves better
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by 7lives: 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2019
SoNature:

You were making sense until you got to the emboldened...this is a false assumption.

Nothing was factored in because the essence of border closure was never to encourage local farmers grow.

The positive multiplier effect we have seen in our local economy was a happenstance....it was never planned.

China's approach to blocking foreign products from making way into their country just to encourage local content is NOT the same as what Buhari did. While the Chinese was a policy, Buhari's was a flash in the pan.

For the umpteen time, Buhari shut down the border because he believes Nigeria's neighboring countries were abusing the ECOWAS free trade policy.

While we are here celebrating the effect of the border closure, keep in mind that it has run many Nigerian importers out of business, including the genuine ones because I know them.

Again, it has absolutely nothing to do with encouraging local farmers grow their products.

Be guided and stop giving people wrong Information.

Shior always struggling to protect the importers, are there no production factories in those countries, where people work to earn a living?.
Import everything while people remain jobless here?, no way for container economy, bring those factories here simple.
Who has done more for farmers if not Buhari?, talk another thing jor.
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by 7lives: 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
CoolAmbience:

I don't know where to even start thanking you from.

The points you made are salient. Number one of which is the issue of education. Sincerely, the situation is worrisome.

To emphasize how 'strange' many Nigerians are, the initial and still lingering protest against border closure tells that 'they' do not even have the capacity to recognize or distinguish good from bad intention. To them, so long the directive does not directly put money into their pockets, it is a bad policy. Should they bother about the macroeconomics? The answer is no because it does not 'concern' them.

Since the history of Nigeria, I can say without fear or reservation, that no single government decision has offered this much leverage to boost our economy while churning out hundreds of thousands of jobs as the border closure.

Guy did you just say MACRO?, most people don't even know the meaning of MICRO environmental factors.
They think things just happened, they don't know that a lot thinking happened, before success begins to happen, I really pity this country.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by LivingSage: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2019
He's am unsong hero
7lives:

I love that guy o, ORANMIYAN.
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Ajibade123(m): 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
Congratulations to him
see 80 ways to save money on a tight budget https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-live-on-a-budget-and-save-money/
Re: Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year by Legendguru: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole / Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ / Ekiti 2018: Why PDP Cannot Be Defeated — Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.