Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Why I Resigned As Plateau PDP Chair — Sango - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Resigned As Plateau PDP Chair — Sango (233 Views)

Ex-labour Minister, Lalong Sworn-in As Plateau South Senator / Atiku Chases Journalists From Plateau PDP Secretariat, Equipement Damaged / Nuhu Abok Impeached As Plateau Speaker, Assembly Names Sanda As New Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Resigned As Plateau PDP Chair — Sango by agwom(m): 5:05am On Dec 06, 2019
Plateau State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Damishi Sango has resigned from his position following the recent crisis that rocked the party and corruption allegations against him. Speaking at a farewell press conference in Jos, the state capital, Sango said his deputy, Amos Gombi, will take over as acting chairman.

He said: “You are all aware that since April this year, the state chapter of our great party has been rocked by a tsunami-like crisis that has threatened its very existence as one united political party. ADVERTISEMENT HOW “This followed my purported suspension along with my deputy as chair and deputy, respectively, by some members the executive committee on trumped up allegations of mismanaging funds meant for the party’s logistics arrangements in the 2019 presidential election in the state. “Following the unfortunate incident, determined to resolve the crisis and get the chapter moving again, the national leadership of the party, led by Prince Uche Secondus, set a three-man committee under the chairmanship of Senator David Mark, to look into the said allegations and advice it accordingly. “

He said Secondus communicated that the Senator Mark committee did not find him guilty of any financial impropriety, “and so I was exonerated of all allegations against me. “Pursuant to my being exonerated, the group of 16 executive committee members should write to the NWC, withdrawing their allegations.

Upon the withdrawal of the allegations, in consideration of the fact that there’s bad blood between me and most of my colleagues in the executive committee, particularly the group of 16, and to pave way for peace in the state chapter, I should step aside as chairman. “In line with provisions of the party’s constitution, my deputy, Hon. Amos Gombi, shall be acting chairman,” Sango said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-i-resigned-as-plateau-pdp-chair-sango.html
Re: Why I Resigned As Plateau PDP Chair — Sango by YungMillionaire: 6:19am On Dec 06, 2019
Sango is a Yoruba God...is dis guy ibile?

(1) (Reply)

Family: ‘sowore Injected With A Substance, He Must Not Die After Humiliation’ / Sowore: The Revolutionary And Activism Lion, Zero To Hero - Ukpiebo Solomon / Politics And Life News House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.