Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

"As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB (1170 Views)

He Was A Drug Baron In US – Amaechi Blasts Tinubu / "Is That How They Build In Your Country?" Amaechi blasts Chinese Contractor / Osita Chidoka Blasts IPOB Over Sit-At-Home, 'No Election' In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
The minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has denied being beaten by the Members of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, yesterday in Spain.

Igbere TV had reported that IPOB members attacked the Minister in Madrid, Spain, on Friday
while attending a UN conference on climate change.

Igbere TV recalls that Emma Powerful, IPOB spokesman, said the attack was based on an order from Nnamdi Kanu, its leader.

The spokesman said IPOB members “beat the minister”, adding that similar thing will be done to those “who brought hardship to the people”.

But in a statement made available to Igbere TV Saturday, Amaechi said the IPOB spokesman lied, revealing that he resisted and defeated his attackers.

“We read with utter disgust and disdain the sickening propagandist lies credited to one Emma Powerful, who claims to be the Spokesman of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), that IPOB members in Madrid, Spain “beat” (physically assaulted) the Minister of Transportation Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. That is not true,” the statement read.

“We must clarify that in the incident of the attack yesterday on the Minister in Madrid, where Amaechi was part of the official Nigerian government delegation to the United Nations (UN) climate change conference (COP25), IPOB members did not “beat”, physically assault or cause any bodily harm to the honourable Minister.

“As they charged towards and at the minister during the attack, it was apparent that their plan was to “beat” (quoting Emma Powerful) him, hurt him, cause bodily harm or even do worse! But their violent evil plot failed woefully due to the dexterity of Amaechi to resist them, protect and defend himself, and the prompt intervention of the Spanish police who repelled the motley crowd of misguided attackers. Even the video circulated online by the attackers confirmed this much. Everyone could clearly hear one of them shouting, ‘we didn’t get him…’ expressing his frustrations of their inability to get and “beat” the Minister.”

Amaechi commended the Spanish police in Madrid for their prompt intervention in rescuing him from the attackers.

He expressed gratitude to those who showed him support since the incident occurred.

“We must commend the Spanish police in Madrid for their timely intervention to protect Amaechi and their investigation of the attack and attempt on the life of the honourable minister in Spanish territory,” he said.

“The honourable minister of Transportation is immensely grateful to all for the outpour of love, support and prayers. He acknowledges God’s hand in the foiling of the attack and reassures all and sundry that he’s well, unhurt and okay; and will continue to dedicate himself in service to God, Nigeria and humanity.”

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

http://igberetvnews.com/1181879/charged-towards-repelled-attack-amaechi-blasts-ipob-members/

1 Like

Re: "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by banabest(m): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
Today is my birthday, here
is my birthday cake �. � Join me let's cut the cake and magnify the Lord in this great song from my heart.
https://www.fastclickmedia.com.ng/856-mp3-magnify-by-s-o-c

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RvC5P_d3LNj8qZqA_iPNCOO4lAyzcJtz/view?usp=sharing

God bless you
� *S. O. C*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by babyfaceafrica: 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
strong man...true naija Delta blood,ekeremadu take note

1 Like

Re: "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by oyebanji44: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
The growing anger and frustration of these ipobians will end up in vain without success

1 Like

Re: "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by Scream(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
...but you ran away and they tore your suit. We also heard it in the video.
Re: "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by curiobling: 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
You may not be lucky next time

1 Like

Re: "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by Flexherbal(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2019
Amaechi said the IPOB spokesman lied, revealing that he resisted and defeated his attackers.
Alright!
Re: "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by TheFacelessMan: 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
grin

Amaechi the defense master!

Many years back, I was a victim of xenophobic attacks in South Africa. This is how i repelled them....

Re: "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by ursullalinda(f): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2019
Dodger..... you might not be so lucky next time....all of you deserve beating......till we beat our sorrows away
Re: "As They Charged Towards Me, I Repelled The Attack" - Amaechi Blasts IPOB by JusticeSeeker: 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
IPOB shall soon be declared a global terrorist organization second to the Talibans.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nnamdi Kanu Was Absent From Parents Burial / A'ibom Elders Ask NASS To Call Buhari To Order / Help Nigeria Out Of Poverty, Senate President Begs World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.